Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,235 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:06 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (96872 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2017
“Here is the other part of your payment, five thousand royal gold and five thousand eagle silvers coins. “ Ruel said looking at Jarrael as Gamba continued to hold him fast in the bear hug. He pointed at the horses “The horses, you should please accept with my complement. They are well breed stock for desert trips and also very fast to convey you to your destinations. You won’t survive for long in this Amirian desert on foot. “
He turned his eyes to Gamba and said. “You are free from your obligation of service to me. I will inform your family and kin that you have served faithfully and regained your honor. “
The Hokunian face broke into a rapture of joy. “Thank you very much my master. “
“Before I leave, I think I should make you know this, “ the merchant turned back to face Jarrael. “I may be a greedy selfish merchant to you, which of course is correct, but I fight for life to exist in freedom that guarantees my trade will flourish and prosper. My goals may be self centered but that doesn’t mean people won’t benefit from it. They will. I fight in my own way to keep the world the way it is. “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2017
Ruel came forward and put his hands on the shoulders of the angry Jarrael still being held tight by Gamba. “The alliances among the kingdoms in the north had brought peace in that region for decades, this act most of the southern nation had copied. So there have not been wars between nations, this had led to increase in trade, development and security of live. If the machinations of Mibazar are not thwarted, it will shatter the peace and plunge the world into a repeated cycle of wars. That is just a tiny part of the big picture I showed Meera. “
“I don’t care about all that. All I know is your ambition lead to my sister’s death. “ Jarrael spoke with bitter venom encasing all his words. “You should stop speaking her names. “
With a sad sigh, Ruel turned away from the angry man. “Like I said before, she knew she will die if she joined you in the quest but accepted it because of what is at stake. She asked for just two things as payment for accepting the offer. One was the Runebane sword. I told her that is the only way you can defeat Mibazar’s servant if you ever faced him. “
“And what is the second thing? “.
The question made the merchant paused for a while. “Sorry that will remain a secret. Your sister specifically asked me not to reveal that to you. “
“A whole lot of good that will do her now she is dead. “ Jarrael sneered angrily.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2017
“Well that’s the beauty of it, even in death, she will still get her payment. And that payment will be for your benefit. “ He resumed his walk towards the well as the others followed him, leaving Jarrael, Gamba and Thrace with the horses. “Farewell Jarrael till we meet again. “
“You should fear that day because you won’t live beyond it. I will make sure of it. “
“Oh Jarrael we will definitely meet again but I doubt you will be in any position to do me harm. “ The merchant said without turning back.
As Ruel walked on, he was troubled. Two of those behind him struggled to hold the bags containing the relics Gamba had single handedly carried, dragging it and following the merchant. What bothered him was that Mibazar still didn’t seem to have been stopped. All the effort Ruel had put into place to to foil the high priest’s plans, yet he has been able to succeed with other means. Could there be a secret to Mibazar that he is not aware of? A certain advantage that the high priest possesses, that makes all failed plans of his to still work?
Mibazar has been very busy putting things into place and most of them Ruel is sure he doesn’t know. He has done his best to hide his identity and activities from the high priest, making it looks like Mibazar’s failed plans were accidents. Still none of that has worked enough to stop the high priest. Ruel had gambled a lot even risking his exposure by taking away these relics from the high priest, believing that it will put a permanent stop to Mibazar’s goals. But it now seem that Mibazar wasn’t totally depending on using these relics, as if he has other means too to get what he wants. This has now put Ruel at a serious disadvantage, now he can no longer tell what the high priest's next plans will be. He will have to take more dangerous and daring steps which might expose him and bring him in a direct confrontation with Mibazar. That is not good, Mibazar is way too powerful for Ruel to think he can survive a face off with the high priest. And the Nemphis priesthood is so tight that he can’t infiltrate it. He is being forced to move his hand too soon. He doesn’t like it but he has no choice. More aggressive and proactive approach will now be followed. He feared greatly that he may not survive it in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2017
“I’m sorry master for holding you against your will. It is to stop you from killing my master Ruel. “ Gamba said sadly as he finally released Jarrael from the bear hug after Ruel was gone far enough with his caravan from the well. “I now submit myself for you to kill me. I no longer fear death, my honor is now restored. “
“No Gamba, you don’t deserve to die, you have been faithful, you should live with your honor. “ Jarrael said as he flexed his muscles that the holding by Gamba has compressed. “I think it was stupid of me to want to kill Ruel, my sister’s death wasn’t his fault. I just wanted to vent my anger on something and he was the logical choice. “
“Well it’s been nice knowing you. “ Thrace said already mounted on one of the horse. “I have a letter to deliver to the magus. Farewell. “ With that Thrace rode his horse at a fast counter from them.
“Master, will you allow me go with you? “Gamba asked as he helped Jarrael open the chest on the sling around the park horse and go through the coins in it.
“Why do you want to go with me? I thought your honor is now restored and you can return back home. “ Jarrael said looking at the giant Hokunian.
“It is so master, but I want to ride more so I will bring home tales of adventures taller than the tower of warriors at Hokun. “ Gamba secured the chest and other traveling supplies on the park horse. “You are a man of adventures, so if I go with you, more tales will I have to tell. “
After a long silence, looking at the expectant Gamba, Jarrael said. “Well I have no particular place in mind to go but if you crave adventures and someone to ride with, well you are welcome to join me. You are handy for menial duties and in a fight. So let’s go. “
So saying Jarrael and Gamba mounted their horses, riding into the sandy desert as the sun continued on its circuit through the sky.

THE END

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2017
And so a great adventure comes to an end. At a time it was like the story shouldn't end, I was really tempted to continue to expand the plots but it has to end here, that is how the story is.
For those asking if there is a part two for this story, the answer is No. Like I said at the beginning of this story, MEMOIRS OF BLOOD AND STEEL is a spin over novel from GHEMARIA CANTICLES. That is why lots of the plots are opened and not ended.
The run of this story was just an experiment for me, I just wanted to run a story for one of the protagonist in the GHEMARIA CANTICLES. And it really turned out great
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2017
So I will be returning to MARVEL CHRONICLES 2 : EXECUTIVE SANCTION. Please you all should join me over there.
Oh and before I forget please lets watch for Nairaland end of the year best novel awards and vote.
So let's all talk about the overall of this story.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 11:17am On Nov 13, 2017
Well done bros,more ink to your pen,Ghearia canticles will sure be adventurous.As you are definitely resting now from the work done writing this piece,can you tell us when you are going to complete the story of our dear Marvel in his executive sanction .
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by joshuaboss9: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2017
Apollux so what will u do Abt the open plots??
also can't u just continue the story with the pantheon war so as to finalise the story
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:32am On Nov 13, 2017
joshuaboss9:
Apollux so what will u do Abt the open plots??
also can't u just continue the story with the pantheon war so as to finalise the story
The whole thing started in GHEMARIA CANTICLES., this story was just a sideline stuff I did for just one of the characters in the one. So the real story with all the plots is in GC.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:33am On Nov 13, 2017
tunjilomo:
Well done bros,more ink to your pen,Ghearia canticles will sure be adventurous.As you are definitely resting now from the work done writing this piece,can you tell us when you are going to complete the story of our dear Marvel in his executive sanction .
May continue with that one today or tomorrow but updates will be coming in much later. I have ti reorient myself with the story again before continuing from where I stopped
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2017
So this is it? Its the end right?*sobs* bro thanks for the story and inspiration. I must say it all ended well for a spin off. Well soon i will be through with mine also.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Mutaino7(m): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
op your head is loaded infact it is full with some of the best grey matters in this hemisphere. Wagbayi grin grin grin cheesy wink ..Ah 4 hug you but straight guys code must be adhere to...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by rockhillz(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
u da bomb op....figuratively oo please where can I get GHEMARIA CANTICLES.......will like to read it also
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pls Apollux, I will not forgive you if you don't post the link on how to get dis GHEMARIA CANTICLES.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by oluwaemmanuel: 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
how do I get the novel
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by HORLADSTAR(m): 1:34am On Nov 16, 2017
Apollux baba you are d best.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by jooa: 10:34am On Nov 16, 2017
Apolux this is the first time I commenting in NL literature section..pls..pls...pls...pls...pls...how can I get the Ghemaria Canticles? pls o my ears and eyes don set to receive positive reply o. Thank u bros, u dey do better work. God go bless u.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by JohnGainsville(m): 12:18am On Nov 18, 2017
I enjoyed every bit of this story ;DI
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hi guys, just wanted to inform you all that I have returned to MARVEL CHRONICLES 2. I started updating yesterday. So just check it. (I'm sorry if I couldn't mention names when I resumed)

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Apollux:
Hi guys, just wanted to inform you all that I have returned to MARVEL CHRONICLES 2. I started updating yesterday. So just check it. (I'm sorry if I couldn't mention names when I resumed)

I lk start reading wen u finish bro... Thumbs up
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by CollinsSam(m): 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
Apollux:
So I will be returning to MARVEL CHRONICLES 2 : EXECUTIVE SANCTION. Please you all should join me over there.
Oh and before I forget please lets watch for Nairaland end of the year best novel awards and vote.
So let's all talk about the overall of this story.

wow wow wow...
Kudo bro.
More wisdom. More knowlege... More insight... More stories. Blessed is your name among writers.
Weh done sir.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by CollinsSam(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Pls I'l like to be tagged in your coming stories... Arsenal, Hunkian, Lady Thorn story and the rest of it. Thanks...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cadec007(m): 2:36am On Feb 25, 2018
Apollux:
You can also suggest something else you might probably want me to work on.
So more comments from you all, let me know what you think.
Apollux i have an idea, i would really love to see a werewolf,vampire or any supernatural story.[40%Action,30%Romance,20%Thriller, i.e if they are rated this way] Actually as funny as it might seem i have all the plots in my head but to start the story its just not clicking. so i would love to see you write one.Then maybe i can get my inspiration from you.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by ismail00(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
A Very Good Job Forcing Me Out Of Ghost Mode For A Glaring question. Who Is Ruel? Op you Promise To Tell Who He Is.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by donteanz(m): 7:50am On Jun 27, 2018
i No Sabi Write Good English, I For Sama Apollux With The Kin Ginger Wey Mama Dey Give Pikin. I Twale For You My Don.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Al hamduli labarin ya dadi (the story make sense) La appollux za ka jai wurin mai alheri

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by chris99(m): 6:25am On Aug 25, 2019
[quote aexonerateuthor=Apollux post=55656024l. where can we get the germeian centicle that you talked abt
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Hongkongfukid(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2020
Gamba mode deactivated . This is a masterpiece . You're too good
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2020
Hongkongfukid:
Gamba mode deactivated . This is a masterpiece . You're too good
Asin ehn... The guy is a legend, don't know whats keeping him from continueing the rest? If he's selling this piece let him just tell us.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hahahahha not really.... Too many things really dragging me down. I wish I can resume writing...I have so many stories to right... But just can't at the moment.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 10:36am On Dec 12, 2021
Apollux:
Hahahahha not really.... Too many things really dragging me down. I wish I can resume writing...I have so many stories to right... But just can't at the moment.
hello Apollux... How has it been? I just felt the urge to reread this piece. How is the main story going? Published yet? I really wanna read the Canticles.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2022
it was fun reading this again

still waiting for the real deal tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Life Of A Uam Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.