Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Light - A Series (revealing My Life In Letters) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Light - A Series (revealing My Life In Letters) (358 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Awarded Doctor Of Letters, Honoris Causa By Yale University / BLUE LIGHT - A Short Romance Story / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Elected Into US Academy Of Arts And Letters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Light - A Series (revealing My Life In Letters) by Lightspeaksblog(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
“Light! The principal is calling you”—I noticed the mix of British and American accent in the junior boy’s voice which I was so convinced was the handwork of the diction teacher, so I waited for him to finish and moved a bit closer.. “Seyi, who did this to you” …he didn’t quite understand, so he turned around to go.. then I called him “Seyi! Light or Snr. Light?” .. he responded with the former “Light!”… I smiled and then threw him a friendly punch before heading for the principal’s office.

On my way to Mr. Greg’s office I heard the usual ‘undulating high and low pitch’ voices emanating from a classroom block.. “S.P is always arguing” I mumbled — those with high-pitch voices always seemed to be winning even tho’ it sounded unrealistic.

“Crystal Palace go win abegi”.. I recognized this voice, it was Dare’s! the guy with the one-sided dimple ….. “How Crystal Palace go beat Barca, you sef reason am — Haba!” Tunde clamoured before realizing he hadn’t rang the bell for “Break-Over”.

Here I was in front of Mr. Greg’s Office… ‘Greg Tony-Mark… Principal’ it was engraved on the door, and almost impossible not to notice. I smelt perfume at the door, eau de cologne… my instincts alerted me of the presence of a female.. I straightened my collar, checked my breath, and used both my index finger to touch my tongue before moving it to my eyebrows ( Toasting moves 101 )

The door made this creaky sound that made me wish none of the visitors turned their backs. *why can’t he just soundproof this door* I thought to myself.

As expected, they all looked back as soon as I shut the door. I gave them my most friendly look and was contemplating curtseying, but I was soon interrupted by Mr. Greg.. “This is Light, one of my best student..” my principal was always in the habit of showing off, the other day he called the Senior prefect when he wasn’t obviously engaged and did the whole “..one of my best student..”

“Light. Meet Mrs. Glass and Miss Happiness Glass”.. was I expected to stretch forth my hands first?.. I was confused.. I managed to say “ welcome to King Emmanuel..” with the widest grin. Mr. Greg wasn’t obviously aware of the trauma I was going through… I hated these things.. they involved putting up a whole lot…. Faux accent, façade smile and you name it… * 20 mins. and Light you’re out of this place* I assured myself.. Nairalanders Please contine reading in this link https://lightspeaksblog./2017/04/18/light-a-series/ it's all love on either sides for you guys cc seun , lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

What Style Is All About In Fashion / I Feel So Hopeless -jaiye (image) / Critics...you And Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.