Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics (18616 Views)

Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari / 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by malakus(m): 6:33am On Apr 19, 2017
The Nigerian economy is out of recession and growing strong, says United Kingdom-based World Economics.
The organisation, which is dedicated to producing analysis, insight and data relating to questions of importance in understanding the world economy, said this development was reflected in the growth of its April Sales Managers’ Index, SMI, for Nigeria, which rose to 58.5 per cent from 56.7 per cent in March. According to a report on its website, the organisation said: “April Sales Managers’ Index, SMI, data suggests that the Nigerian economy is continuing to grow out of the recession which saw 10 months of consecutive contraction in 2016. “The Market Growth Index grew to 58.5 in April as the monthly Sales Growth Index ticked up to 56.7, its highest value since 2015 and representative of rapid growth. Price inflation for April, which is tracked by the Prices Charged Index, remained high at 58.7 – indicative of high levels of inflation. A slowing trend has, however, developed for the past nine months.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/nigerian-economy-recession-growing-strongly-world-economics/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by maryjan8(f): 6:36am On Apr 19, 2017
Ok, good to know
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Homeboiy: 6:37am On Apr 19, 2017
uh
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by junketer(m): 6:39am On Apr 19, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Tallesty1(m): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2017
May it be so

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by georgen2u(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2017
Until I start buying rice my normal price and transportation reduces it's badadersh only on paper

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Atiku2019: 6:49am On Apr 19, 2017
Nice cool
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by sinistermind(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2017
We are happy to know that, but not until i start buying my indomie at 50naira and my garri at 50naira for one cup, im still in recession

52 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by ChappyChase: 6:52am On Apr 19, 2017
maryjan8:
Ok, good to know

But I no dey feel the impact...

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Bibors(m): 6:52am On Apr 19, 2017
Until you show the layman on the street that his salary can now comfortably pay for fuel for his generator, tanker water, disco abi PHCN bills, garri and rice , house rent and school fees to say the least them I will believe the Country is out of recession.

If I mistakenly leave this country, it's bye forever

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Aristo3146(m): 6:52am On Apr 19, 2017
I hope the same Nairalanders who no allow person hear word, saying pmb plunged us into recession will also acknowledge PMB's foresight and competency...PMB did what every reasonable and intelligent leader would have done, he allowed the whole world to see the damage that was done to our economy before fixing it...everybody wishing PDP to come back to power in 2019 should say Amen to this prayer..."May God send a Dansuki who will come into your life and loot your destiny just the way PDP sent a Dansuki on Nigeria in JESUS mighty name...." Give me a big Amen...

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by omenkaLives(m): 6:53am On Apr 19, 2017
Until Nigerians themselves say it is, until no worker is being owed salaries, until the salary arrears of pensioners are being brought down to, at most, three months, and until I stop fuelling my car with about 47k monthly due to cost of gasoline, these analysts can go fvck themselves on Mount Everest .

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by hisgrace090: 6:54am On Apr 19, 2017
Traders have resolve to maintain their price at $520 exchange rate in other to frustrates the masses the more do to selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Flyingngel(m): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2017
So world bank is now our Ministry of Finance or they have special interest in this country. Well like somebody said up there, until it reflect in commodities prices then we are still in recession.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Aristo3146(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2017
Bibors:
Until you show the layman on the street that his salary can now comfortably pay for fuel for his generator, tanker water, disco abi PHCN bills, garri and rice , house rent and school fees to say the least them I will believe the Country is out of recession.

If I mistakenly leave this country, it's bye forever
I hope those are the same people that will run to south Africa and India but still no go allow person hear word because of xenophobic attack, fare well...but take every thing you encounter there with good fate and dont parade your self a Nigeria while there please...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by ZombieTERROR: 7:00am On Apr 19, 2017
I don't believe in all these paid junk journalists.... Because based on logistics and indices On ground ... Prices of materials.. Foodstuff and services are still going up

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:00am On Apr 19, 2017
malakus:
The Nigerian economy is out of recession and growing strong, says United Kingdom-based World Economics.
The organisation, which is dedicated to producing analysis, insight and data relating to questions of importance in understanding the world economy, said this development was reflected in the growth of its April Sales Managers’ Index, SMI, for Nigeria, which rose to 58.5 per cent from 56.7 per cent in March. According to a report on its website, the organisation said: “April Sales Managers’ Index, SMI, data suggests that the Nigerian economy is continuing to grow out of the recession which saw 10 months of consecutive contraction in 2016. “The Market Growth Index grew to 58.5 in April as the monthly Sales Growth Index ticked up to 56.7, its highest value since 2015 and representative of rapid growth. Price inflation for April, which is tracked by the Prices Charged Index, remained high at 58.7 – indicative of high levels of inflation. A slowing trend has, however, developed for the past nine months.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/nigerian-economy-recession-growing-strongly-world-economics/

Tales by moonlight?

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by ZombieTERROR: 7:04am On Apr 19, 2017
Aristo3146:
I hope those are the same people that will run to south Africa and India but still no go allow person hear word because of xenophobic attack, fare well...but take every thing you encounter there with good fate and dont parade your self a Nigeria while there please...
Shut up mister man
Like you feed better than him
Is South Africa and India not better than Nigeria ? Do you know how many Nigerians who are in diaspora not that they want to but because of hardship back home

27 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Zebrudaya666: 7:08am On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
Until Nigerians themselves say it is, until no worker is being owed salaries, until the salary arrears of pensioners are being brought down to, at most, three months, and until I stop fuelling my car with about 47k monthly due to cost of gasoline, these analysts can go fvck themselves on Mount Everest .
[/s]

that's what your illiterate Buhari caused

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by chakula: 7:08am On Apr 19, 2017
Hoping for the positive change in everything in the country. The hardship will forever sweep away and replace with enjoyment.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by mikeycharles(m): 7:08am On Apr 19, 2017
Na wa o! Na for lagoon the economy they grow cos I ain't feeling it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by 2kass(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2017
Just paxing and observing... Chewing N100 groundnut..
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 19, 2017
pure water = 10naira

coke = 150 naira

beans = 900 naira

rice = 1000naira

salary still dey the same, transport increase, bread now na hot commodity, stew is mission impossible.

if I catch DAT person wey do dis analysis I go bite him ear

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by OjukwuWarBird: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2017
Daura Recession is over and not that of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2017
Until the price of pure water returns to #5

Until the price of a cup of garri returns to #30

Until indomie returns to #50

I refuse to belive we are out of recession.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by ifyain: 8:05am On Apr 19, 2017
Voodoo economics

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Tazdroid(m): 8:05am On Apr 19, 2017
A wealthy nation with so many poor citizens. Some Nigerians are not out of recession yet. So this is not comforting

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Ex Commissioner, "Afoo" Dares Amosun To Raise APM Candidate’s Hand / Police Seal Off Governor’s Church / A Muslim Who Risk All To Save His Xtian Neighbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.