Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable (18596 Views)

Presidential Race: The Battleground States / Fayemi Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race / Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Penaldo: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2017
Segun Adewale has declared his intention to contest the 2018 Ekiti governorship election on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Adewale is the factional chairman of the Lagos state chapter of PDP.

The chairman of Aeroland said his aversion of poverty motivated his decision to join the Ekiti governorship race.

“I hate poverty with a passion and by the grace of God if I am given the privilege to lead my people, together we shall defeat the hold of poverty on our people and state,” he said while speaking with journalists.

“It is an aberration that a State known as the fountain of knowledge is also among the poorest states in the country. My mission in Ekiti is to defeat poverty in the land by converting our God given knowledge to wealth.

“Our manifesto is geared towards building a strong financial capacity for the state and her citizens such that Ekiti can be a lender to other states of the federation.”

Adewale said he has informed the party’s state working committee and other stakeholders of his intention.

He added that Ekiti needs someone with integrity at the helm of its affairs.

“I have come here today with my supporters to inform our party leaders of my intention to vie for the governorship seat next year. This visit puts to rest the rumors on whether I will contest or not,” he said.

“Ekiti state needs a man of integrity, values and decorum as the governor. Under our watch, Ekiti state will experience clear developmental and infrastructure gains. Our policies shall be centered on empowering Ekiti people financially.

“Our vision is to make Ekiti State a reference point in Nigeria in the areas of Agriculture, Technology, Education, Healthcare delivery, social amenities, industrialization and to ensure financial independence from the Federal Government.”

Williams Ajayi, Ekiti state PDP chairman, said while no aspirant had been endorsed by the secretariat, Adewale was the first to officially express his interest in contesting the next governorship election.

Adewale was the candidate of the PDP for the Lagos west senatorial election in 2015.
https://www.thecable.ng/factional-pdp-chairman-lagos-declares-interest-ekiti-guber-race

1 Share

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Penaldo: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2017
Lalasticlala

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Penaldo: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala this is front page news o.... Ekiti 2018 race don start

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Penaldo: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2017
More pix

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by josephine123: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2017
WATCH THE :: INTERVIEW WITH Segun Adewale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50g0BgwsCrw
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by seunmsg(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2017
After woefully losing three times to Yayi in Lagos, Aeroland finally heads home to Ekiti. Like they say, home na better. I wish him well.

But what's all the talk about going to eradicate poverty in Ekiti? With PDP and Fayose's groundbreaking stomach infrastructure projects in the state, are the people still poor?

The way Fayose will so run this guy out of the state ehn, he will soon realise that Lagos politics na gentleman politics. Ekiti politics na craze people politics. He will just end up wasting his money on another futile political ambition.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Nogodye(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2017
Pick the ticket and let the people decide...Ekiti state is underdevelop and our governor has been the governor of the media, leading us through the media...i hope those coming will learn from his flaws.

2 Likes

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Penaldo: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2017
seunmsg:
After losing three times to Yayi in Lagos, Aeroland finally decides to head home. Like they say, home na better. I wish him well.
Power comes from God, perhaps God has been preparing him for Ekiti job all along and allowing the Yayi injustice to prevail.
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Penaldo: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2017
Nogodye:
Pick the ticket and let the people decide...Ekiti state is underdevelop and our governor has been the governor of the media, leading us through the media...i hope those coming will learn from his flaws.
I think we need seasoned entrepreneurs and professionals as Governors. Fayose de fall hand

2 Likes

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Mynd44: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2017
seunmsg:
After losing three times to Yayi in Lagos, Aeroland finally decides to head home. Like they say, home na better. I wish him well.
Lmaoooo. The guy spent a lot of money in the last election and still lost miserably to Yayi. Imagine this one that thought he could represent me in the senate.

He should go to his friends in Ekiti and if they accept him, that's their wahala.

But then it is Aeroland. He will fit into Ekiti politics, he can stay out of Lagos cos the entire Alimosho has told him NO!

1 Like

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Mynd44: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2017
Penaldo:
Power comes from God, perhaps God has been preparing him for Ekiti job all along and allowing the Yayi injustice to prevail.
What Yayi injustice? undecided undecided
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Nogodye(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2017
Penaldo:
I think we need seasoned entrepreneurs and professionals as Governors. Fayose de fall hand

Yeah bro...Fayose dey fall hand big time.Although, what do you expect from a governor that talks too much?

1 Like

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by seunmsg(m): 10:16am On Apr 19, 2017
Penaldo:

Yayi injustice you say? Wait till you see Fayose injustice, that is when you will realise that Tinubu is a real gentleman. The way Fayose will so deal with your Aeroland, he will wish he never stepped into Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Mynd44: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2017
Penaldo:
Wait "Seasoned entrepreneur" when refering to Aeroland? shocked shocked

He and Fayose are in the same plane of silliness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by spartan117(m): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2017
Good 4 him
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2017
grin grin Against Fayose? He has a mountain to climb.
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by highscript(m): 10:21am On Apr 19, 2017
Naso e dey start o
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by yeyeboi(m): 10:22am On Apr 19, 2017
Ok
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by dmeking: 10:23am On Apr 19, 2017
josephine123:
politrickcian.. hmmm

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by MumZ(f): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2017
Good 4 him
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by leksmedia: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2017
They are coming for Fayose
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Splashme: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2017
If qualified, why not?
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2017
Lolz
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by madridguy(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2017
I see Aeroland winning Ekiti.
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Arewa12: 10:29am On Apr 19, 2017
Issoke
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Bondesniger(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2017
you go see first hand petition on arival
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Homeboiy: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2017
Good for him
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by gurnam: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2017
seunmsg:

The way Fayose will so run this guy out of the state ehn, he will know that Lagos politics na gentleman politics. He will just end up wasting his money on another futile political ambition.

Ekiti politicians are crazy, they will milk him to his last penny.

2 Likes

Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2017
where's Fayose?
Re: PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable by mkoabiola: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2017
Aeroland frm Lagos west to ekiti.......

Safe journey

(1) (2) (Reply)

CJN Onnoghen: Cross River Drags Buhari Govt To Court / Onochie: "Wailing Cannot Stop The President From Seeing His Doctors" / Umar Dikko Commissions Campaign Office For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.