Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer (19604 Views)

Who Has Gotten A Good Job From Nairaland? / Graduate Without A Job? How To Create A Job From Home (secrets) / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Ugosample(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Freethought:

Yes bruh..I'm a chartered accountant

You were a chartered accountant as at the point you took the security job? or you qualified during the course of the work as a security guy?

Please answer.
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by manny4u(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
I had a similar experience, as soon as i finished serving in 2014 never wanted to sit at home and waste away, so i picked up a security job in a supermarket, work 4 six months and got a link to a bank job and now am wit an international firm wit a tripled salary,gud working conditions, and benefits.
moral of the story-never despise a humble beginning.

5 Likes

Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by keko14: 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
am happy for u bro
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Freethought(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ugosample:

You were a chartered accountant as at the point you took the security job? or you qualified during the course of the work as a security guy?

Please answer.

I was, at the point I took the job
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by rukevweanita(f): 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote auth
pls quote mw rite

or=donmalcolm21 post=55707589] Ayam confused? Who is also confused[/quote]
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by ovoP(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
rukevweanita:
dis was how my in law started as security man in UBA as contract but last 3years he got a better offer at federal university of petroleum in warri,delta state

may God help his children
Workin as what? undecided
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by clemmonce(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Freethought:
Last year was a very rough year for me until september when I managed to get a security job( gateman as the kids do call me) in one primary school in lagos( I had to take the job because iv been jobless for 3years after I graduated), but each time I sit at that gate opening and closing for pupils, parent and teachers , I always felt a part of me is being wasted, so I decided that I must always send at least two applications per day( just like I hav bn doing since I graduated).

As fate will have it, I was called for an interview for a particular post I av always loved to occupy( an account officer), I prepared for the interview like I was preparing for my ICAN Diet Exam.

Well, to cut the whole story short, I received my employment letter yesterday with a very favourable working conditions except for not too fat salary( which I'm still quite comfortable with because its double my previous salary as a security man).some stories are inspring. Thumbs up

Please, Let us all learn to leave the comfort of our house when searching for job, don't stay idle, do anything until you finally get that dream job. I wish every other person looking for job good luck in their search for better jobs.

Lalasticlala, I just took few minutes to motivate the remaining unemployed people on nairaland.. Back to work before someone notice I'm on nairaland
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Racade(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
Congratulations! Promotion and fat salary is on the way!
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by uzoexcel(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
Congrats bro..as u said no harm in starting small or leaving one's comfort zone....better than been idle
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Macchiavelli(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Congrats, this goes to show that life na jeje,if u get am sharp sharp,e no go last. ask people wey do mmm and ghw,etc.

1 Like

Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by lovethchioma(f): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
charles009:
Medoicrity at its peak, shame on you. I repeat shame on you for taking a security job, in the name of not being idle. Ridiculous.
What are you saying? being idle is never the best.
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Snowstorm: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
millionboi:
Waooo

Congrat for moving from Junior slave to senior slave.

#Moderator next post abeg.
lol

1 Like

Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
"I prepared for the interview like I was preparing for my ICAN Diet Exam. " Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the new job and new position!
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Solmax(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
charles009:
Medoicrity at its peak, shame on you. I repeat shame on you for taking a security job, in the name of not being idle. Ridiculous.
Wait are U serious?
Your thinking is Flawed!
So U believe he should sit idle than take that Job.
There is what is called dignity in labour, no matter how small.
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by ayokenny37(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
Freethought:
, but each time I sit at that gate opening and closing for pupils, parent and teachers , I always felt a part of me is being wasted,

this part made me cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

congrats bro
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by rhymesnoni(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
CONGRATULOBIA
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Bolutumiii(m): 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Congratulations, greater heights IJN
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Engineermbugame(m): 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
DBriteLitehouse:
Congrats.This is a morale -booster.
I always advice my folks who have graduated from tertiary institutions to get themselves busy with any work until they get their dream job.
I also passed through this stage before I got my present job.As an engineering graduate I have to do artisan jobs,even though I have always dreamt of working as an engineer -designing and costing of projects.I still remember when I was working as a helper to an artisan who is into tiling,one of the client's daughter looked down on me when I asked her for water.
To all NLanders who are yet go get their dream job,pls hold on.But find something doing till when that dreamwoow /better job comes.
wow ur stories motivated me
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by beckypaul89: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
congratulobia guy
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by alizma: 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
ephi123:
Wow, congrats OP!! smiley

Your story is so touching, particularly as you chose to do a job so many people would look down on.

Really happy for you.
hope u learn something from the post Sha? when security man approach you for love make u no fall I'm hand o, who knows tomorrow?
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
Engineermbugame:
wow ur stories motivated me

Thanks bro.We can never forget our humble beginning.
Whenever I think of my job-hunting experiences as a fresh graduate, all I have to do is to give God thanks.
The memories of knocking at the gate of companies just to submit CV .Not to talk of Federal Government agencies test/interview.
I am not yet there,but God has been faithful to me in my career as An engineer.
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Unclerukus: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
BZion:
Nice story but I question why someone who had done ICAN would go for a Security Job. I believe that if you plan to do a job below your level it should at least be related to your industry e.g lecturing or working for an audit firm for little or no salary but not security. Perphaps, the job could have come quicker if you had done something related.

Warm regards,

He never said he was chartered, he only said he prepared like he was about writing an ICAN exam, in other words, he read a lot. He might be chartered though.
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Engineermbugame(m): 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
DBriteLitehouse:

Thanks bro.We can never forget our humble beginning.
Whenever I think of my job-hunting experiences as a fresh graduate, all I have to do is to give God thanks.
The memories of knocking at the gate of companies just to submit CV .Not to talk of Federal Government agencies test/interview.
I am not yet there,but God has been faithful to me in my career as An engineer.
wow congratulations ,well am still an aspirant ,aside from it i learn handskills (plumbing installation )y wating for admission
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by ehibaby(f): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
kixo:
Congratulations, moral of the story is: don't be idle and be humble to take any menial job, you don't know where your breakthrough lies. God Bless everyone of us still looking for our dream jobs.
based on one logistic, First to comment!
God's favour
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2017
Engineermbugame:
wow congratulations ,well am still an aspirant ,aside from it i learn handskills (plumbing installation )y wating for admission

Ok,just be the best in that field.M & E is a must in all buildings.
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by ladyflair: 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Congrats Op, I tap into your testimony on behalf of my hubby who is also a graduate and managing a security job as well that God should remember us as he has remembered u. Amen
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by Engineermbugame(m): 5:45am On Apr 21, 2017
DBriteLitehouse:

Ok,just be the best in that field.M & E is a must in all buildings.
thanks boss
Re: I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer by airminem(f): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
Surviving the tough time is imperitive to me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic 2017 Recruitment / Job Seekers Should Stop Doing These Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.