Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters (60722 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye Mocks SGF Babachir Lawal Over His Suspension "Aje Kun Iya" / How SGF, Babachir Lawal Was Suspended Inside Osinbajo’s Office / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke (2) (3) (4)

SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by dre11(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
‘Who is the presidency?’ — shocked Babachir Lawal reacts to suspension

Babachir Lawal, secretary to the government of the federation, has told reporters to ask the “presidency” why he was suspended.

In an encounter with reporters on Wednesday shortly after his suspension was announced, a clearly shocked Lawal stalled on all the questions he was asked.

Informed that his suspension was announced by the presidency, he retorted: “Who is the presidency?”

He had been in a meeting with vice-president when Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, announced his suspension pending investigations into the the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE).

Also suspended is Ayo Oke, director-general of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), over the funds recovered from a private residence in Ikoyi, Lagos state, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

THE EXCHANGE IN FULL

Reporters: Your suspension has just been announced. How will you react to the development?

Lawal: Who announced it?

Reporters: The presidency

Lawal: Then ask them. Why are you asking me? Who is the presidency?

Reporters: Have you been informed of the suspension?

Lawal: By who? About what. What about you? Have you been informed?

Reporters: Yes sir.

Lawal: By who?

Reporters: By the presidency sir.

Lawal: I have not seen it. I should have been given… I have not seen the press release so I cannot comment on it.

Reporters: It is currently trending online. Are you doubting the authenticity of the statement?

Lawal: I have not seen it.

Reporters: Tell us the outcome of your meeting with the vice-president.

Lawal: I am always here. I always meet the vice-president. I used to come here even before I was made SGF.

https://www.thecable.ng/presidency-babachir-lawal-reacts-suspension

4 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Islie: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
This man is just playing to the gallary

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by ilohemmy(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
I love your boldness sir

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Dcomrade(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just imagine, Babachir Lawal asking " who is the presidency"? shocked

More like, don't you know I'm bigger than Presidency ?

196 Likes 11 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
The tone of your responses even shows you are guilty as accused. Now you can go to hell.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by omenkaLives(m): 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
The Grasscuter is yet to absorb the full import of the reality that blindsided him. cheesy

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by tribalistseun: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
This guy fit slap Buhari to coma. With vexation

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by izzou(m): 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2017

Dear Buhari,

I seriously don't like your administration but I must commend this action you took on the GRASSCUTTER

Please note that suspension is not enough. He should be tried and prosecuted.

46 Likes

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by MadeInTokyo: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2017

Osibanjo behave ur self---SGF Babachir Lawal

Afonja VS Abo-ki part two

No comment, na husband and wife matter....just passing by....

Let the drama begin

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Agent8706(m): 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
This should be interesting. I'll get us tickets, who's getting the popcorn?

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by DrObum(m): 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Make una tell am say na my papa be the presidency!

Make him epp us answer that one cos that question get deep meaning oooo

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by SillyMods: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
See question?

Mad man.

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by SalamRushdie: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Buhari has clearly lost control of his govt to the extent his thieving SGF doesn't know who the presidency is again

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by cr7rooney10(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
U no know presidency u go know remain small people wey no no go know

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by EROMS38(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thief.

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by timbs001(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Na when dem suspend you na im you know come know presidency again abi?
Lawal, how many times I call you angry

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by seguno2: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
Dcomrade:
Just imagine, Babachir Lawal asking " who is the presidency"? shocked

More like, don't you know I'm bigger than Presidency ?

....as in he is the cabal master. Lol.

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by seguno2: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari has clearly lost control

....to the cabal in charge.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Jerryojozy(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hahahaha....don't worry u will soon know the presidency.

Genius J

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by blackpanda: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
Abeg e Don do. Shebi he has been suspended. Why rub it in?? Nobody holy pass sha

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by LOSKYXANDER: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
You didn't know you were suspended.....can you imagine?

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Tenim47(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
the whistle blower suspected you
obviously that is why youre suspended cool

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by bumi10(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
na the people wey suspend

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Timoleon(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
How you identify men who have no respect for the nation they serve. At no point should a man who is to hold such position of esteem ask such a question. I hope he is never reinstated.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by kceewhyte(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
hahahaha laughs in motherfucka grin grin grin grin
Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by AngelicBeing: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
angry angry angry
Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by 1freshdude: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
People just want to pull this Grasscutter reach ground finish, its very likely he didn't reply as they are reporting it, im no wise? People are on his matter!

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by oviejnr(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Which of you stole the N15Billion recovered in Ikoyi?? sad

27 Likes

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Fuji house of commotion

Re: SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters by seguno2: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
SillyMods:
See question?

Mad man.

Person wey collect our N500 million to cut grass?
What type of madness is that please?

Ifeanyi Ubah Snubs Innoson Ambulance, Buys Foreign Vehicles (Photos) / PDP And APC Spokespersons Greet In Abuja After Buhari's Election Victory. Photos / Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin