Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (1419512 Views)

Bodies Burnt Beyond Recognition In Enugu Multiple Car Accidents(Graphic Photos) / This Accident Happend At Aggrey Road PortHarcout This Morning(very Graphic Pic) / I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
No one ever imagines him/herself smeared all over the tarmac. I once saw hundreds of pictures like this on a website I wish I had never visited, and since then, my average speed has been limited to 100km/h, with the exceptional burst of speed to 140km/h, but mental images of this kind of thing happening always makes me slow down to a respectable 100km/hr anytime that happens.

I no longer think of myself as immune. It's surprising how shielded from the reality of death most of us are, given the sheer number of people who die in gruesome ways everyday around us.

I remember that in the mid 80s, FRSC once aired a program on TV showing accidents and interviewed survivors. I had nightmares for days after that program. Maybe something like that should be reinstated: Dead bodies do not have to be shown; just show the car wreckage, interview eye witnesses, show it on national tv, and you'll see a drastic change in mad behavior on the roads.

4 Likes

Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by KriTic24A: 4:43am On Dec 02, 2013
Those pictures are just too gory, but then, it's a sad reminder that we either choose to end our journey well by crawling home or become "bushered" and got smeared all over the road.

I am sure no one wants to be remembered by any of those pictures.

Too Gory, too gory....

"You speed stars", better watch it!!!

PLEASE, ARRIVE "ALIVE" !!!!!!!!!
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2013
Rest in peace AMEN
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Mubby4luv(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2013
shocked shocked Why I open this thread self. damn lyf is a bit*h
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by yakuz: 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dying in ghastly accident is a very painful and terrible way to depart . May all the souls of the departed be forgiven of their sins and rewarded with the kingdom of God in Jesus name !!!
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by azpekuliar: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
mousemotors: I am a 48 years old mom, wife, friend, etc. and I want to thank you for some of the pics. I have a 22 year old son who thinks he can own, ride, and control what we call here in the States a "crotch rocket" motorcycle. I showed him what happens when you think you have it under control. He was floored by what he saw. He now has "food" for thought on the subject of owning such a machine.

The term "crotch rocket" is a derogatory term used by Harley Davidson/cruiser riders or to describe sportbikes. I suggest you allow your son start out on an entry-level sport bike, that way he can gain riding confidence and not kill himself before moving on to the supersport bikes. Heck! you could even buy him a 50cc scooter. grin
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by nedwood: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
I hate seat belts and crash helmets. I'm 68 and have been riding big bikes for most of my life. I have a Harley Sportster at the moment. These photos reassure me that this is the way I want to go.........out like a light. I don't care about having a good looking corpse I just don't want to suffer as a vegetable in some nursing home because someone thought it was a good idea to keep me alive. Anyway I believe that when your time is up it's up. They told me that if I lived fast I'd die young, rubbish! Some of the people here were only walking across a road. I never thought I'd last this long so to all those out there who want to live forever all I can say is don't get out of bed in the morning. Every body I looked at was only a body, mangled flesh and blood. The spirit had already flown to prepare for another birth and if you believe in your higher self that lives forever, then, you have nothing to worry about. It's the ones that survive to carry on that I have sympathy for. Everybody dies and if you can't handle the sight of death then you shouldn't apply for a job where it's likely to stare you in the face. You're only going to finish up costing taxpayers an invalid pension for your PTSD. I also feel sorry for people with weak stomachs. They must live in constant fear of something that is a part of life and happening no where near as often as births. Try to remember that there are worse things than death and yet we sanction this suffering and torture under the guise of humanity and our nursing homes are full of the barbarism of our ignorance. The pictures I was looking for were taken in South America of two men who ran up the back of a thin steel tray-back on a truck and sliced their heads in half. I have always been fascinated by anatomy and these photos, although very graphic, were astonishing. No blood, just a clean cut exposing the head from nose to back of skull.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
Lord have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!! :oLord have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by chuka5000(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Phew
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by markabshire1966: 4:24am On May 25, 2015
agree or not,these photos are the most important thing on the web,life is precious and death comes quick and not always pretty,go hug an EMT or COP,they see this every day.this should be mandatory veiwing in drivers ed and once these images are burn into your mind I garuntee you will become a more alert driver,no texting,driving drunk,doing your make up.and you'll hug your family and friends alittle more often,and speed kills!
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by akanniade10(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
Mehn!!!
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by whatofyou: 6:45am On Jan 15, 2017
The bottom-line in speeding: either you are getting killed, or you are destroying others due to loss of control, or your driving makes accidents for others while you run away cry
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by byteem: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
MEEEEENNN.. THIS AWFUL BUT DEFINATLY AN EYE OPENER.. NO MORE SPEED JAMES BOND FOR ME... DAMN SCARY...MEEEEN WHERE THE HELL DID U GET THIS...
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by CityHitz: 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
Don' t Open this.. it's http://cityhitz.com/?s=payoneer+card #LearnREAD

*Please drive and pray all the time*
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by prospernoah(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
Warris this mehn.....
Before you answer me read [url=prospernoah.com]How to Make Money Online in Nigeria 2018[/url]

otikpoko:
i want to reach my destination within 5 minutes.This might be the result sad sad cry cry
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Sunymoore(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
This thread get resurrected every year here on nairaland... We all die one day.. Living life on the fast lane
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by synaptium: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
www.betarazzi.com, is very ok.
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Sunymoore(m): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mhmm.. Who resurrected this thread again? Gosh
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by stevenhubs009: 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
Oh so creepy, Oh my God.... I have seen this in games also, like pokemon gaia version etc also
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by BloodRaven: 1:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Guys be careful on the roads and on foot. There are gore sites where you can see content just like this, and there is no shortness of automobile accidents. This is life. Choose to live it, even though you're dying to get to where you're going quickly, let's just live today. The life you save might not be your own, but IT MIGHT. I am from the US, the united states. I used to spend my time driving my subaru through gravel roads and through woods at speeds over 100mph. I used to drift in traffic during snow, on purpose. Now that I'm grown (26), I drive a 92 chevy camaro. I got it last year. I have almost crashed it a few times simply because the road was wet. It's old, and primer gray. The floor pans are rusting out so bad that my driver seat is kinda loose and a crash would more than likely be fatal. Since seeing these pictures and videos (especially survivors, the pain is all too real when you're watching a woman try to put her face back on and her eye is dangling out), I try to drive the best I can. I don't race anymore. You might catch me burnout at stoplights, but that's it. If I end up on one of these sights in the future, I only hope I can prevent someone suffering the same fate. If you see me, just know that I died cause my car is a piece of shite, not because I was racing... unless I was racing but I deserved what was coming then. And if you want to see the survivor with her face all torn up, ya know, for good measure, here is the link. https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=96c_1434995777
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by SunnyD23: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
otikpoko:
the power bike dude rammed that truck and got himself killed embarassed

I would like to use this photo for a corporate video I am producing to do with driving safety. Is this a photo you have the copyright for/you have taken. Can you kindly contact me on sunny@pukkafilms.com to discuss usage rights, please?
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by mejai(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2019
Aaaahhhh.! This is gory. To all our F1 drivers dis Xmas period.... Pls drive safely.

Seun and lalasticlala, keep this in front page to serve as a reminder.
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
Seun, lasticlalla please take this to frontpage

Warning to all speed demons out there who like to do 200km/hr abeg life is too short for rubbish speeding.

Drive carefully and safely, God protect us all
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by DAVVIDD(m): 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
Avoid overspeeding......... It kills
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by suzzyrims: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by id4sho(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
choi
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by periphetes: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
It's so true the Need for speed kills!

No matter how good your skills are in driving. if you don't control your speed it will surely control you faster out of existence.

Peace be unto the dead! sad
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by naxyrick: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pls ethereum is on the rise
Why don't you join our team and accumulate much ethereum
My WhatsApp no @08147959427
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Kayharry(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
http://kayharry.com/comedian-craze-clown-breaks-crash-his-bmw-car/
Comedian Craze Clown breaks crash His BMW Car
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by Sacred007: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
lipsrsealed drive safely
Re: Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! by myorh: 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
The funniest thing about all these is that you might not even be the one on speed and still get hit by a speeding lunatic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.