Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Who Is Saraki - Help This Research - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Saraki - Help This Research (1764 Views)

CCT Trial: Why Is Saraki's Case Different? / Is Saraki Really Innocent? / Tinubu Swallows Pride, Begs Saraki’s Help For Fowler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Kwarafact: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
Kindly Help out, I am doing a work on Saraki. I don't wish to be bias. i will like to know how you percieve the Godfather of kwara politics, Dr Olushola saraki. Your view counts and your assessment is very vital. I trust your judgement. Please be sincere.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by oderemo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2010
how much will you pay.? you know egunje don spoil efrithing thing oh.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Kwarafact: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2010
plz make a serious contribution, remember you scratch my back, i scratch yours. so tell me what u feel about Saraki
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by oderemo(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2010
plz make a serious contribution, remember you scratch my back, i scratch yours. so tell me what u feel about Saraki

in this day and age you dont scatch back at all. up lawal. cool cool cool
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Kwarafact: 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2010
i agree with you. lawal is never down. all i need here is about saraki. either good or bad
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by oderemo(m): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2010
Subsequently, the Saraki family, including the governor, his father, Dr. Olusola Saraki, his stepmother and other siblings, were emboldened in their practice of stealing from Societe Generale Bank. Their looting spree eventually ran the bank out of business.

cool cool cool
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by AndreUweh(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2010
Saraki is a Yorubaman culturally.
Saraki is a Northerner politically.
Saraki is a Yoruba, but disclaims Yoruba.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Remii(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2010
Andre Uweh:

How did he disclaim, Yoruba, has he changed his name from Olusola, Have all his children changed their names from Yoruba? Gbemi, Bukola etc. Is it just now that Kwara start to be regarded as part of the North?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by MrCrackles(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Interesting. . .How sure are you
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by AndreUweh(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2010
MrCrackles:

Interesting. . .How sure are you
I had a chat with him at a London hotel in 2005.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 04, 2010
Andre Uweh:

not true. The fact that he acknowledges Fulani ancestry doesnt mean he's saying he's not Yoruba.

Andre Uweh:

I had a chat with him at a London hotel in 2005.

you must have misunderstood what he said.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 04, 2010
@ poster

google is your friend.

This topic has been done to death.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 2:19am On Jan 04, 2010
Saraki has always seen himself as a Northerner. I have yet to read where he acknowledged any Yoruba linkage. Zik's son is called Bamidele; does that make him Yoruba? Saraki gave an interview recently where he re-iterated his Fulani-Mali linkage. No where in that interview did he say he is Yoruba. Make una let the man choose where him wan belong, I beg grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 04, 2010
^^ we all know you read like someone living on Mars.

so if i say i have Norwegian ancestry, does that mean I'm not from Greenland?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 2:32am On Jan 04, 2010
tpia.:

You cannot have Yoruba father and fulani father at the same time. Shey you sabi Saraki more than he knows himself? Read him here:
http://www.tribune.com.ng/31082009/politics.html
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by AndreUweh(m): 2:33am On Jan 04, 2010
Some Nigerians has identity crisis and SARAKI is one of them.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 04, 2010
tpia.:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 2:39am On Jan 04, 2010
Sir, some people would call you a Fulani while others would describe you as a Yoruba. Who really are you?
My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My ancestors originated from Mali about 150 to 200 years ago. They are Fulanis and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My ancestors settled in Ilorin, preaching Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu, they were all religious but my people came there as practicing Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. If you look at the real Ilorin people, like Saraki, for example; the culture and their ways share affinity to those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. So, I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo.

Father from Mali, a fulani
Mother from Iseyin, a Yoruba
The last time I checked, Nigeria is a patrilineal society and not a matrilineal one
Saraki has spoken: ''I am fulani''
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by SEFAGO(m): 2:44am On Jan 04, 2010
^satan Esu is correct
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 04, 2010
Mekusxyz:

You cannot have Yoruba father and fulani father at the same time. Shey you sabi Saraki more than he knows himself? Read him here:
http://www.tribune.com.ng/31082009/politics.html

look, a politician will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Saraki can even say he's Igbo after a while, if he wants to.

From the write up:

I leave people to say whatever they like about me

I read it and still didnt find anywhere he said he's not Yoruba. He says his ancestors came from Mali 150-200 years ago. So?

He also pointed out the fact that Ilorin indigenes have more in common culturally with the north than the southwest.

So?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 04, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Father from Mali, a fulani
Mother from Iseyin, a Yoruba
The last time I checked, Nigeria is a patrilineal society and not a matrilineal one
Saraki has spoken: ''I am fulani''

so going by your "logic", is Noah Ramsey not a Yoruba Nigerian?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 2:50am On Jan 04, 2010
tpia.:

look, a politician will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Saraki can even say he's Igbo after a while, if he wants to.

From the write up:

I read it and still didnt find anywhere he said he's not Yoruba. He says his ancestors came from Mali 150-200 years ago. So?

He also pointed out the fact that Ilorin indigenes have more in common culturally with the north than the southwest.

So?

It is because of people like you wanting to claim him (as if he is one helluva superstar) by all means that he lets you wallow in self-claim and guesses. The man knows where he is from. Even if it is 100000 miilion years in the past. That does not make him Yoruba. If I live in Ijebu Ijesha for 100 years, does that make me Yoruba? He did not have to say he is not Yoruba because it is uncalled for. He said he is Fulani and his mother is Yoruba. That is enough, except for those whith hidden agenda.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 2:53am On Jan 04, 2010
Ramsey Noah is Israeli (father is/was) but he probably has chosen to be Yoruba because his mother is from there and was actually raised by her, Noah never having really known his father. That is his choice. I repeat that Nigeria is a patrilinieal society and Ramsey will probably not get a share of land officially, if his uncles are sharing land (at least in Igboland). Deal with that and stop catching straw. Is Noah a Yoruba name?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 2:56am On Jan 04, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Some Nigerians has identity crisis and SARAKI is one of them.

Wrong. The man knows where his father comes from.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by AndreUweh(m): 2:59am On Jan 04, 2010
During his election campaign tours in Kwara, Yoruba becomes the means to reach out to Kwarans, but shortly after that, he puts on his non-Yoruba clothes.
To settle this puzzle at one go:
Is he a member of the Afenifere or Afenifere renewal group?.
Is he a member of The Arewa consultative group or Northern Peoples Union?.
His affiliation here tells us whom he chooses to be.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 3:00am On Jan 04, 2010
For Tpia:

http://bellanaija..com/2008/09/saturday-interview-ramsey-nouah.html

People have said a lot about your origin, let’s talk about your family background?

I’m of a mixed blood. My father is a bit of Iranian and Israeli and my mother is a Nigerian from Ondo State. I was born and bred here in Lagos.

Did you grow up with both parents?

No. My father was around till I was about 2 years old and then, they separated.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 04, 2010
my bottom line is- who cares.

Go and interview as many Yorubas as you like, and have them claim some other tribe.

Does it add or subtract from the N2000 in my bank account?

No.

Mekusxyz:

It is because of people like you wanting to claim him (as if he is one helluva superstar) by all means that he lets you wallow in self-claim and guesses. The man knows where he is from. Even if it is 100000 miilion years in the past. That does not make him Yoruba. If I live in Ijebu Ijesha for 100 years, does that make me Yoruba? He did not have to say he is not Yoruba because it is uncalled for. He said he is Fulani and his mother is Yoruba. That is enough, except for those whith hidden agenda.

e be like say you and yours wan claim the man sha- is somebody stopping you?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 04, 2010
Mekusxyz:

For Tpia:

http://bellanaija..com/2008/09/saturday-interview-ramsey-nouah.html

People have said a lot about your origin, let’s talk about your family background?

I’m of a mixed blood. My father is a bit of Iranian and Israeli and my mother is a Nigerian from Ondo State. I was born and bred here in Lagos.

Did you grow up with both parents?

No. My father was around till I was about 2 years old and then, they separated.

dont see how this is relevant to the topic?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by 18platoon(m): 3:27am On Jan 04, 2010
@tpia
comot there.
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 4:02am On Jan 04, 2010
tpia.:

my bottom line is- who cares.

Go and interview as many Yorubas as you like, and have them claim some other tribe.

Does it add or subtract from the N2000 in my bank account?

No.

e be like say you and yours wan claim the man sha- is somebody stopping you?

Na you dey drag the man. I was only letting you see the futility of your argument. Wetin concern me with THIEF SARAKI?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Mekusxyz: 4:03am On Jan 04, 2010
tpia.:

dont see how this is relevant to the topic?

Are you ok? You brought up Ramsey's matter, did you not?
Re: Who Is Saraki - Help This Research by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 04, 2010
^^ your response is irrelevant to my question.

you're trying to prove someone with a Yoruba mother isnt Yoruba?

Are you Yoruba, or what qualifies you to make such a claim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shell Facility Blown Up / The Stuff White Ppl Will Tell You About Nigeria Is Mindblowing / How Patience Won S’east For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.