Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station (21008 Views)

Possible Locations Of Chibok Girls Identified - Nigeria Air Force / Enugu Train Station Revived By President Jonathan (photo) / Amaechi Bought The $45m Private-Jet For Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abdulmutallab: Nigerians in UK live in panic

Jackson Udom, London - 03.01.2010

A Nigerian, who introduced himself to Sunday Tribune as Mallam Sanni Abdul Rahman may have unknowingly caused a stir at the Kings Cross train station in UK, when all intending passengers largely made up of whites, scampered for safety the moment he entered the train.
This incident occurred barely a week af-ter an attempt was made by a 23-year-old Nigerian, Umar Farouk Mutallab, to blow up an America bound Delta airline.
Abdul Rahman, was dressed in a muslim attire and was therefore mistaken for a terrorist or a muslim fundamentalist.The people thought it would be suicidal to board the same train with Abdul Rahman.

The incident aptly captured the experience which innocent Nigerian residents in the UK are now going through as a result of the December 25 incident.
A week after the Mutallab attempt, the dust raised is yet to settle, even as Nigerian residents in the UK now live in apprehension over the effect which the action of the 23-year-old Nigerian would have on their continued stay in the UK.

Specifically, Nigerians believed to be living in the UK illegally, have now gone into hiding for fear of being swooped on by the Metropolitan Police, who are said to be keeping 24 hours surveillance over areas largely populated by Nigerians, with particular attention on Nigerians with any muslim name.
When Sunday Tribune visited Peckham, Hackneywick, East London, Stevelage and Watford, all outside London and other suburbs in the UK, which are known to be highly populated by blacks, an air of apprehension and fear of the unknown enveloped the area, with residents afraid of going out to engage in their normal daily routine.

It was also gathered that Nigerian students who are genuinely studying in the UK are now living in fear because of the belief that the application for the renewal of their visas to enable them continue with their studies would be rejected.
At the Heathrow and Gatwick airports, intending Nigerian travellers were made to go through serious and inhuman screening before being allowed to board any plane to any destination.

One of the passengers (names withheld), was ordered to remove his belt at the screening point and to the amusement of other Nigerians and travellers on the queue, his trousers fell off and he was almost naked, only for the security operatives to say “we are sorry.”
Another female Igbo traveller, who was visiting Nigeria for Christmas was ferried into the rest room by a female security operative at the airport; she returned complaining that she had been unduly insulted by the security officer.

Speaking with Sunday Tribune on her travail, the fair-looking Nigerian lady from Abia State who pleaded anonymity said, “I wonder why the uncivilised action of one person should be visited on all Nigerians, you needed to see the kind of insult I was subjected to in the toilet, my privacy was infringed upon.
“Nigerian authorities should at this point in time rise up in defence of Nigerians who are genuinely and legally living outside the shores of the country, to put a stop to this insult. If something is not urgently done, Nigerians should be prepared for terrible times.

“No Nigerian is in support of what Mutallab wanted to do, and that is why we are saying that the act of an individual should not be used as a parameter for dealing with others who are legally living and doing businesses outside the country.”
Speaking with Sunday Tribune at Kings Cross Train Station in London, Alhaja Kehinde Okanlawon said “Nigerians are never known to be terrorists, that word is novel to Nigeria and Nigerians. Despite the harsh economic situation in Nigeria, nobody wants to die. The action of Mutallab is already taking its toll on Nigerians here, specifically those with islamic names, we are now being branded as terrorists.
“Even our neighbours and co-workers are now treating us unfairly. It’s not funny at all. We are not free to move around, because wherever we go and whatever we do since last Christmas is now being monitored.

“We are no longer trusted and nobody knows what the authorities in the UK are planning to do under this unbearable situation. “At the train’s stations and airports, any black they see is believed to be a Nigerian, and such must be avoided, it is as bad as that.”
In the words of Muideen Akinola Alao, a student in the UK, “this is the end of the road for Nigeria students here. Even back home, it would now be very difficult for intending students to be granted admissions, not to talk of visas. We are no longer trusted, they have raised the security bars on any Nigerian resident and those planning to travel.

In the past, Nigerians were screened at the airports for illegal food importation, and now terrorism has been added. “We appreciate the proactive step so far taken by the Nigerian government, but they should go beyond that by ensuring that innocent and law-abiding Nigerians are not molested nor subjected to inhuman treatment in their countries of residence.”
Investigation by Sunday Tribune revealed that some Nigerian muslims living in the UK with their male children have ordered them to always be clean shaven in order not to draw an undue attention of security operatives to themselves.

According to Alhaji Usman Sodonki, “I have been living outside the shores of Nigeria for over twenty years, I’m an ardent muslim, Islam as a religion abhors violence, and that is why we vehemently condemn the act of Mutallab, it is un-islamic. Because of how the whites treat any act of terrorism, I have ordered my children to keep as from now on, very clean shave so that they will not be viewed as terrorists. Bin Laden, who is the figure behind terrorism has a long and unkempt beard as his trademark, so I wouldn’t want my children to be mistaken as members of the Al Qaeda.”
It is not only Alhaji Sodonki that had ordered his wards to keep a clean shave, others who did not want their names in print, confided in Sunday Tribune that the most decent thing to do at the moment is to keep a clean shave, because a stitch in time saves nine.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/03012010/news/news2.html
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2010
I really pity all intending UK students. It will be very easy for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a Nigerian student to be given a visa.

As for Nigerian Government doing anything to help, it is indeed day dreaming. What a vision-less government do?

More hard times awaits Nigerians, and even black Africans.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2010
What can a vision-less government do?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
Otobroto:

A Nigerian, who introduced himself to Sunday Tribune as Mallam Sanni Abdul Rahman may have unknowingly caused a stir at the Kings Cross train station in UK, when all intending passengers largely made up of whites, scampered for safety the moment he entered the train.
This incident occurred barely a week af-ter an attempt was made by a 23-year-old Nigerian, Umar Farouk Mutallab, to blow up an America bound Delta airline.
Abdul Rahman, was dressed in a muslim attire and was therefore mistaken for a terrorist or a muslim fundamentalist.The people thought it would be suicidal to board the same train with Abdul Rahman.

My Guy, Mr. Mallam Rahman or whatever your name is, that is what your religion can cause you, and innocent Nigerians now being dreaded, and touted by nations all across the world.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2010
Otobroto:

I really pity all intending UK students. It will be very easy for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a Nigerian student to be given a visa.

As for Nigerian Government doing anything to help, it is indeed day dreaming. What a vision-less government do?

More hard times awaits Nigerians, and even black Africans.

Do we have any government in this country? In fact, have we ever had any government in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2010
Otobroto:

The incident aptly captured the experience which innocent Nigerian residents in the UK are now going through as a result of the December 25 incident.
A week after the Mutallab attempt, the dust raised is yet to settle, even as Nigerian residents in the UK now live in apprehension over the effect which the action of the 23-year-old Nigerian would have on their continued stay in the UK.

Specifically, Nigerians believed to be living in the UK illegally, have now gone into hiding for fear of being swooped on by the Metropolitan Police, who are said to be keeping 24 hours surveillance over areas largely populated by Nigerians, with particular attention on Nigerians with any muslim name.
When Sunday Tribune visited Peckham, Hackneywick, East London, Stevelage and Watford, all outside London and other suburbs in the UK, which are known to be highly populated by blacks, an air of apprehension and fear of the unknown enveloped the area, with residents afraid of going out to engage in their normal daily routine.

It was also gathered that Nigerian students who are genuinely studying in the UK are now living in fear because of the belief that the application for the renewal of their visas to enable them continue with their studies would be rejected.
At the Heathrow and Gatwick airports, intending Nigerian travellers were made to go through serious and inhuman screening before being allowed to board any plane to any destination.

There is no point. My guys, if the authority there are running after you guys, then come back home. Nigeria is beginning to get better.

Take for example, the president is no where to be found grin grin grin, at least we have a direction. Very soon, NTA News will publish full photograph of the man, asking us to give any vital info to the Police on the president's whereabout. After all, a handsome reward awaits the finder grin grin grin.

As for the students, they dont have any problem at all. Please be reminded that our Universities have resumed after about 3 to 4 months strike. All you need do is just collect your transcripts for the period spent so far, and apply in any one of your choice. Please hurry, else, you might join those that seats on the floor. Only limited seats available. Shekinah!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2010
Otobroto:

One of the passengers (names withheld), was ordered to remove his belt at the screening point and to the amusement of other Nigerians and travellers on the queue, his trousers fell off and he was almost unclothed, only for the security operatives to say “we are sorry.”
Another female Igbo traveller, who was visiting Nigeria for Christmas was ferried into the rest room by a female security operative at the airport; she returned complaining that she had been unduly insulted by the security officer.

Speaking with Sunday Tribune on her travail, the fair-looking Nigerian lady from Abia State who pleaded anonymity said, “I wonder why the uncivilised action of one person should be visited on all Nigerians, you needed to see the kind of insult I was subjected to in the toilet, my privacy was infringed upon.
“Nigerian authorities should at this point in time rise up in defence of Nigerians who are genuinely and legally living outside the shores of the country, to put a stop to this insult. If something is not urgently done, Nigerians should be prepared for terrible times.

I did report this last week. You need to see how four Nigerian ladies were humiliated 48 hours after the incident at Heathrow airport. They were ushered into a small room by the airport authorities, and were asked to strip. They were almost totally naked at the screening room. In fact, some other nationalities took pity on them, yet they supported it for their own safety, as they claimed. How can you strip a woman, more so a married woman, all in the name of searching for explosives. Look at what Islam is causing Nigeria, yet they claim is a religion of peace. May GOD help us.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2010
Otobroto:

According to Alhaji Usman Sodonki, “I have been living outside the shores of Nigeria for over twenty years, I’m an ardent muslim, Islam as a religion abhors violence, and that is why we vehemently condemn the act of Mutallab, it is un-islamic. Because of how the whites treat any act of terrorism, I have ordered my children to keep as from now on, very clean shave so that they will not be viewed as terrorists. Bin Laden, who is the figure behind terrorism has a long and unkempt beard as his trademark, so I wouldn’t want my children to be mistaken as members of the Al Qaeda.”
It is not only Alhaji Sodonki that had ordered his wards to keep a clean shave, others who did not want their names in print, confided in Sunday Tribune that the most decent thing to do at the moment is to keep a clean shave, because a stitch in time saves nine.

Alhaji Usman, you need not ask your children to shave, afterall, if they killed as molested, they will go to paradise!. Shaving means, you are coward Muslim. Please leave the beards and lets see how far you will go!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2010
A train in King Cross Hotel UK.

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2010
A train in King Cross Hotel UK.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Choco5: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2010
Only the illegal ones are afraid.
I didnt say you o!
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2010
Architectural Picture of King Cross Station where the Scampering happened.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Otobroto(f): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2010
King Cross.

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Enjoyment1(f): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2010
selingel:

There is no point. My guys, if the authority there are running after you guys, then come back home. Nigeria is beginning to get better.

Take for example, the president is no where to be found grin grin grin, at least we have a direction. Very soon, NTA News will publish full photograph of the man, asking us to give any vital info to the Police on the president's whereabout. After all, a handsome reward awaits the finder grin grin grin.

As for the students, they dont have any problem at all. Please be reminded that our Universities have resumed after about 3 to 4 months strike. All you need do is just collect your transcripts for the period spent so far, and apply in any one of your choice. Please hurry, else, you might join those that seats on the floor. Only limited seats available. Shekinah!.

Indeed, Nigeria is really changing for good. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Choco5: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2010
He entered the train and said 'I am a Nigerian'?
Saharaaaaaa ooooooooo
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Enjoyment1(f): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
King Cross Station.

How I wished Nigeria could have a functional train system like that of UK, then Nigerian problem would have been half solved. Good and efficient rail system.

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Enjoyment1(f): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2010
Choco5:

He entered the train and said 'I am a Nigerian'?
Saharaaaaaa ooooooooo

It would have been suicidal, if he had done that. Well, I think, he was just assumed to be a Nigerian by his dressing, just as any bearded man is called Osama Bin Laden, jokingly. Unfortunately for him, he was a Nigerian at the station, after all!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by presido1: 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
Enjoyment1:

King Cross Station.

How I wished Nigeria could have a functional train system like that of UK, then Nigerian problem would have been half solved. Good and efficient rail system.
Don't let the picture deceive you, those trains can never be used in German Railway for the kinda distance they use them in UK. Don't mention efficient together with UK rail network.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by MrCrackles(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2010
This is some insane shitzo. . . . .
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Oboma1(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2010
Enjoyment1:

It would have been suicidal, if he had done that. Well, I think, he was just assumed to be a Nigerian by his dressing, just as any bearded man is called Osama Bin Laden, jokingly. Unfortunately for him, he was a Nigerian at the station, after all!.

I just wished I was there to see how those useless whitee ran for their dear lives. But that guy really sent Madam Rebranding back to the drawing board. Anyway, her N325million sent to the Senate will be expressly approved without any delay for "Rebranding Nigeria". No thanks to Nigerian Suicide Bomber. Maybe, she will change the slogan to   please let me scan for the name. I will be back.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Enjoyment1(f): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2010
presido1:

Don't let the picture deceive you, those trains can never be used in German Railway for the kinda distance they use them in UK. Don't mention efficient together with UK rail network.

You may be right, but their rail network is heavenly, if compared to that of Nigeria. Even that of India of yesterday, cannot be compared to Nigerian Railway Corporation.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by Enjoyment1(f): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
Oboma1:

I just wished I was there to see how those useless whitee ran for their dear lives. But that guy really sent Madam Rebranding back to the drawing board. Anyway, her N325million sent to the Senate will be expressly approved without any delay for "Rebranding Nigeria". No thanks to Nigerian Suicide Bomber. Maybe, she will change the slogan to   please let me scan for the name. I will be back.

I really pity Dora, she would have been totally confused, when she heard the Nigerian bomber news. She will have to start afresh!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by sjeezy8: 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
Lol dis one is small the arabs and somalian get it 10000 times worse. Im tellin you Uk is shiottt for immigrantts nothing like america tongue
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by SEFAGO(m): 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
I really pity Dora, she would have been totally confused, when she heard the Nigerian bomber news. She will have to start afresh!.

Why pity her? More money for her to steal.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2010
sjeezy8:

Lol dis one is small the arabs and somalian get it 10000 times worse. Im tellin you Uk is shiottt for immigrantts nothing like america tongue

I would like to hear from the American angle. I know UK with immigrants (especially illegal immigrants) is fight to finish!.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by SEFAGO(m): 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2010
I would like to hear from the American angle. I know UK with immigrants (especially illegal immigrants) is fight to finish!.

Americans too subconsciously would do the same. I hear a lot from Arabs that they get special attention.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

Do you think Dora steals?. Please, stop such insinuations. She is really helping Nigeria's image. We all have our targets in the amount we want to make for our pockets this year. Dont you want her to meet her own target this year? In fact, the bomber made her start well, after all, if it is not bad for one, it will not be good for the other.  grin grin grin
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

Do you think Dora steals?. Please, stop such insinuations. She is really helping Nigeria's image. We all have our targets in the amount we want to make for our pockets this year. Dont you want her to meet her own target this year? In fact, the bomber made her start well, after all, if it is not bad for one, it will not be good for the other.  grin grin grin
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

Americans too subconsciously would do the same. I hear a lot from Arabs that they get special attention.

But come to think of it, the Americans are the most affected here, but it seems UK are fighting more than the Americans.
Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2010
King Cross Station in 1930.

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2010
King Cross Station in 1955

Re: Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station by selingel: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2010
King Cross Station 1961

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero / Like PDP, We Won’t Hang Buhari’s Portrait – LP, PPA / Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.