Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress (29800 Views)

Advantages Of Buying Phones From Unpopular Brands / Be Careful Buying Phones Here / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello Nairalanders,
So I've been seeing this thing on Nairaland where people say that they are ordering phones from Aliexpress.
Hmm.
Let me narrate some experiences,
I have this friend that wanted to buy a phone and was attracted to the specs (and price) of phones that he saw on Aliexpress so he ordered one.
Only for the phone to pack up a month later, when he call their customer care to get the replacement parts he was told that he needed to order it from China, and the parts cost more than the price of the phone.
Really bad abi?

Somebody also bought a Samsung phone from UK and took it to a Nigerian service center and they told him that they can't touch it because it's not from this (Nigeria) region.

My advise is for you to buy from reputable home based brands like tecno and the like. They have service centers all over the country that you can go to if your device has issues (I have even used tecno's Carlcare to repair something on my phone and they didn't charge me anything), several brands like Innjoo,Infinix and co also have these service centers.
Don't play yourself, protect your hard earned money.

Uncle Lalasticlala and mynd44 please help me push it to front page abeg.

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by MizMyColi(f): 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
Okay, first off. Shouldn't there be proof of some sorts.
That said, I think some people are lucky with good buys from Aliexpress, while others aren't so lucky. But they assure you that if you don't receive your package, you can get your money back.

Personally, I ordered two premium watches (so I'm told). I haven't received them. I also ordered one other watch. It's close to 2 weeks now. More than sef.

Someone narrated his experience of buying an Asus device from there (I think), and he had an issue with it. He tried ordering the parts online and the price was close to what he bought the device for.

There was also an issue of an Elephone that packed up.

I have also read of situations where people neither got their package not their money.
There were also instances of no package, money returned.

So, for me, it's a risk.
But then, what isn't a risk in this life sef.

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by paolokonqueror(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
My cousin used to tell me about how cheap things are on alliexpress and how some buyers are verified bla bla, she bought a hovering board that packed up like real quick, 0-100!!!

Sometimes buying online is just annoying, for devices like phones that you might need extra support when you've bought it, it's definitely wise to buy from a trusted store or like OP mentioned Tecno that has Carlcare for example to avoid stories that touch.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Well, that's one of the major disadvantages of buying phone from aliexpress, especially unpopular phone with no carlcare.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Youngpo413: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Try harder next time, Nigerians are now smarter, no more ripp off from tecno and Co. No tecno phone can be compared to an ordinary redmi 4a not even the so called flagships.

58 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:
That said, I think some people are lucky with good buys from Aliexpress, while others aren't so lucky. But they assure you that if you don't receive your package, you can get your money back.

Personally, I ordered two premium watches (so I'm told). I haven't received them. I also ordered one other watch. It's close to 2 weeks now. More than sef.

Someone narrated his experience of buying an Asus device from there (I think), and he had an issue with it. He tried ordering the parts online and the price was close to what he bought the device for.

I have also read of situations where people neither got their package not their money.

So, for me, it's a risk.

I understand your viewpoint but buying technology devices online is too risky a move.
Why not just buy a phone like tecno where you know that if anything happens, you have an office near you that you can report too.
I wouldn't advice taking a move like that with such hardware

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Tallesty1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

So, for me, it's a risk.

Nothing in life is risk free

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please where's redmi office in Lagos?
If I have a complaint about the phone do I have to go to China to make the complaint?
Youngpo413:
Try harder next time, Nigerians are now smarter, no more ripp off from tecno and Co. No tecno phone can be compared to an ordinary redmi 4a not even the so called flagships.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by JAWBONE(m): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
my Shoot 1 is 3 months old and still rocking.... Value For Money(10/10). when you want to buy phones, buy from the manufacturer's store and it takes average 3 weeks to get here.

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
MizMyColi:

So, for me, it's a risk.

Looks like you have quite a few experience with this. Well, like you said, all are risks. I think the OP's standpoint is the fact that one should go for those that provide aftersales here, not some calling and ordering of spare parts.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Youngpo413: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
If I have a complaint about the phone do I have to go to China to make the complaint?
xiaomi is quality not quantity so no complaints at all, besides who Carlcare epp?

21 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by JAWBONE(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Use the phone carefully and you won't have complaints

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
Loool, if you buy a car tomorrow and there is no mechanic to service and maintain the car won't you panic?
Take this advice or leave it, the truth is that it is better to buy from brands that are based here to avoid stories that touch
Youngpo413:
xiaomi is quality not quantity so no complaints at all, besides who Carlcare epp?

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
I'ts still not advisable,
Buy from brands based here like Tecno
JAWBONE:

Use the phone carefully and you won't have complaints

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Youngpo413: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Loool, if you buy a car tomorrow and there is no mechanic to service and maintain the car won't you panic?
Take this advice or leave it, the truth is that it is better to buy from brands that are based here to avoid stories that touch
k
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dam5reey(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:

My advise is for you to buy from reputable home based brands like tecno and the like. They have service centers all over the country that you can go to if your device has issues (I have even used tecno's Carlcare to repair something on my phone and they didn't charge me anything), several brands like Innjoo,Infinix and co also have these service centers.

Uncle Lalasticlala and myne44 please help me push it to front page abeg.

Your Post will not make FP, grin

Abeg, So Tecno and Infinx Sales don drop abi, cry
E pain them that Xiaomi is taking over on Nairaland Phone Section grin grin grin

Continue, If you like open 1000 threads, It wont make me buy Tecno, And who told you Tecno is made in Nigeria self,

So called Calcare that does not have Infinix Zero 2 Screen, Phone Fell from Pocket distance, Screen packed and was replaced with Note that eventually Frustrate the Owner, As Im typing his Xiaomi Note 4X is on the way...

Chai, E Pain them grin grin grin grin grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dam5reey(m): 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:

Xiaomi has outlets At Slot Shops In IKeja... grin grin grin Have you heard about Mi africa? Do your research. wink

21 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by henrimoto(m): 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
This woman, enter xiaomi tread on Nairaland , see lots of peeps that have been using phones they bought from Aliexpress without problems for a long time now .

Yes! what you wrote about is one of the disadvantages of buying gadgets from Aliexpress but that doesnt mean there' haven't been peeps who bought without problems.

Wetin you no know be say, those Chinese online phones have better specifications and also cheaper when compared to the best of Tecno, Infinix and Gionee Android phones.

@chicwoman, you, you just dey use Android phone, you never know say Android phone dey pass Android phone.

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by henrimoto(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
This woman, enter xiaomi tread on Nairaland , see lots of peeps that have been using phones they bought from Aliexpress without problems for a long time now .

Yes! what you wrote about is one of the disadvantages of buying gadgets from Aliexpress but that doesnt mean there' haven't been peeps who bought without problems.

Wetin you no know be say, those Chinese online phones have better specifications and also cheaper when compared to the best of Tecno, Infinix and Gionee Android phones.

@chicwoman, you, you just dey use Android phone, you never know say Android phone dey pass Android phone. * Smiles*

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
Tecno/infinix agents don dey feel the negative impact on there sales,they are now runing a hate campagn against shopping online,i smell tecno agents,dey know dem sef,so this is you guys next move,i promise to mess you guys up,the war has begun,u wouls regret u did dis

19 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by henrimoto(m): 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
*Smiles* The new Tecno L9 plus wey you just buy still dey tori-tori you.

Oo mo phone gidi. - You never sabi Better Android Phones.
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by vanchi(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Tech crap

.... Drops mic...

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
paolokonqueror:
My cousin used to tell me about how cheap things are on alliexpress and how some buyers are verified bla bla, she bought a hovering board that packed up like real quick, 0-100!!!

Sometimes buying online is just annoying, for devices like phones that you might need extra support when you've bought it, it's definitely wise to buy from a trusted store or like OP mentioned Tecno that has Carlcare for example to avoid stories that touch.

Thats why we buy from trusted stores
The useless op na tecno agent,check all her posts,it is obvious tecno don dey feel the negative impact of our aliexpress activities,there next strategy is to discredit alixpress,
I ca show you proof itel phones are not produed by itel,dey are phones mass produced in china,al itel do is stamp there logo nd brand on it,but that na matter for anoda day.

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
henrimoto:

@chicwoman, you, you just dey use Android phone, you never know say Android phone dey pass Android phone. * Smiles*

U dey mind the paid biased fooool,tecno pay them with weed,dey go about all day typing and posting crap,il

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by Dandsome: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Youngpo413:

What the OP is trying to stress here is that you should buy a gadget that has a customer care office you can get in touch with anytime.

If one needs to buy from China, make sure you have a physical contact there before you hear stories that touch.

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Hello Nairalanders,
So I've been seeing this thing on Nairaland where people say that they are ordering phones from Aliexpress.
Hmm.
Let me narrate some experiences,
I have this friend that wanted to buy a phone and was attracted to the specs (and price) of phones that he saw on Aliexpress so he ordered one.
Only for the phone to pack up a month later, when he call their customer care to get the replacement parts he was told that he needed to order it from China, and the parts cost more than the price of the phone.
Really bad abi?

Somebody also bought a Samsung phone from UK and took it to a Nigerian service center and they told him that they can't touch it because it's not from this (Nigeria) region.

Uncle Lalasticlala and mynd44 please help me push it to front page abeg.

On the issue of samsung,you are just a biased and a foolish liar,samsung would never say they wont touch the phone,all thy would tell you his,the nigerian service center warranty doesnt cover such device,then they charge you to fix it,
Just in the same way a useless tecno or infinix purchased from ghana,kenya,etc would never be fixed for free at your useless,over priced carl care centers,reason? Nigerian warranty nor cover them,so try to think befor u post bullcrap.
This is all prooof you are a paid tecno agent,paid to lie on nairaland,
Your post wont discourage us from using alixpress

Tecno and infinix brand would fade,except you guys start producing quality at reasonable prices

17 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dandsome:

What the OP is trying to stress here is that you should buy a gadget that has a customer care office you can get in touch with anytime.

If one needs to buy from China, make sure you have a physical contact there before you hear stories that touch.

Buy trusteed brands with good quality from a trusted store,
Even infinix and tecno phones brand new out of box dey get issues,dey wud tell u to go to carlcare to fix a brand new phone,
I know of a brand new infinix hot 4 that started drawing lines on the screen,na carlcare de drect the babe go,
No phone oem is perfect,even samsung and apple phones dey get factory defect,come to the xiaomi thread,loads og unboxing weekly,zero complaints about factory defects,
So op shld shut her crap

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
No wonder you're a nobody
Do I look like a tecno agent?
I talk about them a lot because I have used their phones
noobody:

On the issue of samsung,you are just a biased and a foolish liar,samsung would never say they wont touch the phone,all thy would tell you his,the nigerian service center warranty doesnt cover such device,then they charge you to fix it,
Just in the same way a useless tecno or infinix purchased from ghana,kenya,etc would never be fixed for free at your useless,over priced carl care centers
This is all prooof you are a pad tecno agent,paid to lie on nairaland,
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
Why are you in my mentions eh Nobody?
Go and get a job and remove yourself from the statistic of unemployed people in the country.
I posted on Nairaland so that people can benefit from my experience.
noobody:

Buy trusteed brands with good quality from a trusted store,
Even infinix and tecno phones brand new out of box dey get issues,dey wud tell u to go to carlcare to fix a brand new phone,
I know of a brand new infinix hot 4 that started drawing lines on the screen,na carlcare de drect the babe go,
No phone oem is perfect,even samsung and apple phones dey get factory defect,come to the xiaomi thread,loads og unboxing weekly,zero complaints about factory defects,
So op shld shut her crap
Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
No wonder you're a nobody
Do I look like a tecno agent?
I talk about them a lot because I have used their phones

You like them because you cant think outside the box,you hav bin blinded by there 1,3ghz o crap they sell at expensive prices to you,the fact you cant afford a samsung,doesnt mean your uselss tecno is better than it,
I hav laid down hard facts,time to open your blind,confined eyes and mind,time to explore,

Weed smoker

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by noobody(m): 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
chicwoman:
Why are you in my mentions eh Nobody?
Go and get a job and remove yourself from the statistic of unemployed people in the country.
I posted on Nairaland so that people can benefit from my experience.

And you think bin a paid tecno agent is qualified as bin employed??

I rather stay jobless,tha promote substandard lies

Re: What You Should Know About Buying Phones From Aliexpress by chicwoman(f): 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Oshey
Xiaomi marketer, I've heard of people like you
I am simply posting so that people can know the real truth about buying phones from Aliexpress, if the experience is not beneficial to you, CLEAR OFF
Dam5reey:

Your Post will not make FP, grin

Abeg, So Tecno and Infinx Sales don drop abi, cry
E pain them that Xiaomi is taking over on Nairaland Phone Section grin grin grin

Continue, If you like open 1000 threads, It wont make me buy Tecno, And who told you Tecno is made in Nigeria self,

So called Calcare that does not have Infinix Zero 2 Screen, Phone Fell from Pocket distance, Screen packed and was replaced with Note that eventually Frustrate the Owner, As Im typing his Xiaomi Note 4X is on the way...

Chai, E Pain them grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's / Here Are Some Of The Best Android Shortcuts You’re Probably Not Using / Need Glo Apn Settings For My Laptop

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83