Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Open Letter From Christians/atheist/theist/pagans To NL Seun Osewa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter From Christians/atheist/theist/pagans To NL Seun Osewa (484 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Christmas Is A Celebration For Pagans – Daddy Freeze / I Am No Longer A Theist (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Open Letter From Christians/atheist/theist/pagans To NL Seun Osewa by dragonking3: 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dear Seun Osewa,

This open letter is to raise the awareness of the forceful conversion to accept islam before one can comment on an islamic thread which restricts other non-muslims (ie Christians, pagans, atheist, theist and traditionals) from making meaniful contributions to the thread or topic of discussion especially when it relates to the aformentioned religions.
Although this is not a big issues for the affected parties, however, the irony of it all is that Muslims are permitted freedom to create threads about islam on the religious thread, they have the freedom (without accepting any form of sujugation to deny their belief) to mock other religion and even atheists on the religion thread which will never be permitted on the islamic thread. The worse of it all is that they can even discuss christain related matter on their own thread negatively just to promote their own without giving christains the oppurtinity to expatiate and explain further.

This I belive is partial on your path and it shows that you dont care about fellow christains/atheist/pagans and how they feel towards this negative backlash.

There is a quote by Jim Morrison which says "Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is".

However Seun, you have refused to give freedom to Christains, atheist,pagans and theists which shows that you are only true friends with the muslims. You allow them to comment freely on christain/ateist/pagan threads, you allow them to insult pastors, churches and christainity as a whole without restrictions. You allow them to insult other religious bodies and non religious people such as atheist. You even went as far as giving them protection from criticism and anyone who even wants to criticize must forcefully accept islam or be banned totally.

This is barbaric and unjust. How will you feel if you are compelled to accept something against your wish?

So I hereby request and also on behalf of majority of christains/atheist/pagans/theist that there is an acceptance clause on the Region thread just like the one you took time to do on the islamic thread which should also allow anyone that wants to comment should accept the options that he is a christain and accepts Jesus as his Lord and saviour, or I am an atheist or I am a pagan/traditionalist or I am a theist.

These options should be stated clearly too which will allow only the christains/pagans/atheist/theist to interract while the muslims can have a swell and nice time in their islamic thread. Nobody will ever disturb them as they will also leave us alone in peace.

Take note that this is not my intention rather this is what you started so you have to help us finish it.

I hope this appeal will be taken into consideration and effected, we dont want the situation were you say you gave us partial freedom. According to Nelson mandela, there is no such thing like part freedom.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Open Letter From Christians/atheist/theist/pagans To NL Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Due to the religious diversity of the Nairaland community, it's impossible to come up with policies that will make everyone happy. We can't give everyone what they want, even if we try, because some people want the opposite of what some other people want. We do not seek to favour or help or disfavour or harm any religion; our priority is the Nairaland community as a whole - what's best for Nairalanders as a group. If you have complaints about our policies, or questions about why we're doing this or that, please send your complaints to the supermods via the home page. We'll respond to your complaints as quickly as we can and update this thread with the answers to your frequently asked questions.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

I Believe In God And Miracles But Not Pastors And Churches / What Does It Mean To Honour My Father And Mother? / A Deaf, Drug-dealing Atheist Radically Encounters God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.