Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy (30405 Views)

Charlie Boy Replies Linda Ikeji, Reveals That She Is Wearing Moonbump / 2face's Reply To Charlie Boy's Diss Is The Most Mature Thing Ever - See / Photos Of Charlie Boy At Calabar Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2017
RosaConsidine:

It's also interesting that the person you quoted noted that the Igbo were never one big nation - just a number of scattered tribes that were unified by the British into a single entity for ease of governance. Don't you think that Biafra would still be serving the very same purpose Nigeria is serving - an instrument of bondage keeping people who had hitherto been independent communities together in one political setup? If those calling for Biafra have a problem wit, h what Luggard and the British did, then they woulddn't be calling for a Biafra - they would be asking for each village or town or community to be a country in it's own right and have sovereignty over their domain as they did before the coming of the British.

Lol! Igbo is a nation made up willing members,it's a real nation in every sense of it, and none is being forced to be Igbo . You don't decide for Ndiigbo what we ask for, we are free people and reserve the right to demand for our collective self determination.
Igbo nation is united by shared Language , culture, descent and location. You can't compare it to a colonial abomination called Nigeria, made up of people of uncommon descent, language and culture , that needs the use of force to keep people in its union.
Even at that, every Igbo speaking community would be given the chance to vote in favour or against Biafra in a referendum.
I find it disturbing that a human with brain cells would compare the Igbo nation with Nigeria.
And no, Biafra is not about keeping previously independent groups in bondage under force like is obtainable in Nigeria.
Biafra is about independent Igbo groups and willing non Igbo neighbors, coming together to form a nation built on mutual agreement and consent of all involved groups under sustainable political structures and United by shared political, religious, cultural and lingual ideologies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by DozieInc(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2017
malton:
Well said, sir.

Numerous ethnic nationalities make up the space called Nigeria. As such, we should live together as one only if we are all ready to achieve a harmonious and homogeneous unity. Otherwise, each and everyone should follow a different path, which is not a bad thing in itself.

I have always advocated for one Nigeria because I don't want us to be divided, disunited and in opposition to one another. But it seems those who should be making movement for unification are always treading the path that further divides us. They preach unity on the one hand, and hold dagger on the other. It's almost as though we live in perpetual chaos. Boko Haram today, Fulani herdsmen tomorrow. And just when it seems like the dust is settling, religious crisis and tensions build out of nowhere. Leaders with foul mouths let them run like taps.

It would be difficult to make a meaningful life in all of these. Because such things inevitably end in conflicts between the various nationalities that make up the entity.

Nigerians are strong, stoic people. Otherwise this marriage would have ended a long time ago. We have endured a lot of hardship and put up with too many excesses of the oppressors.

Whoever tells you that the Igbo man has no reason for wanting out isn't speaking the truth. People now distrust and mistrust the Fulani man whom they hitherto considered harmless, and rightly so. I mean, people literally get slaughtered in their farms and homes for no just cause. Who'd take that?

In my world, when someone wants out of a relationship and you want them to stay so badly, you have to change your ways and invite the dissenting voices to air their grievances.

However, in Nigeria, everything is fire brigade. Charlie Boy has his reasons, which is great. But dissenting voices must be given listening ears, lest we all perish. Give them the peace and progress they seek or allow them to chart their own course. We cannot continue like this.

You made a point.
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2017
"There is a handful of Igbo elite that have deeply
entrenched financial interest in Nigeria. They know
that Nigeria is not and will never be a just, free
and safe place for the Igbo but they are blinded by
their slavish attachment to their financial interests
in Nigeria. They constitute the tip of the “fix One
Nigeria” arrow. They are the ones that are very
quick to accuse anyone talking about separation
from Nigeria of planning to instigate another war.
They pretend to love Easterners so much they
would rather have them live as slaves in Nigeria
than struggle to separate from their oppressor.
When you point out to them that the situation Igbo
and other Easterners find themselves now in
Nigeria is worse than being at war, their eyes glaze
over and they pretend not to understand what you
just told them. But come to think of it, how many
Igbo were slaughtered in Northern Nigeria between
1980 and today? I know you don't have an
accurate count, but just guess. You will be shocked
when people who have kept fairly accurate records
give you the number. It is in the tens of thousands.

What is the total number of Easterners recklessly killed
every day in towns and cities all over Eastern
Region by the Nigerian police and army? What do
you think will be the total number since 1980 , And while you are at it, try
imagining the number of Easterners who die every
day on the death traps we call roads, and morgues
we call hospitals, all because of purposeful
underdevelopment and tyrannical, oppressive
governance. And now if you care, imagine the cost
in billions of dollars, of houses, businesses, goods
and property belonging to our people and destroyed
in those incidents. Many of those who survived
these massacres were made to “start afresh”.
Without a doubt we have been at war for a very
long time but some people just can't see it".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2017
"Our people have lost contact with the reality of
their history as they are continually fed garbage by
Nigeria. In 1965 and just before the first coup,
there were four regional governments and the
federal government of Nigeria. Of these five
governments the government of the Eastern Region
was the most stable, politically and fiscally. The
next was the government of Mid-western Region.
Don't take my word, check the records for yourself.
Who said that our people cannot govern
themselves? Ask your elders about Igbo Union and
Ibibio Union Organizations dispersed all over West
Africa. These Unions organized our people
wherever they lived all over Africa, channeled
resources home and became one of the engines of
development throughout the Eastern Region. Most
of our political leaders Michael Okpara, Akanu
Ibiam, Mbonu Ojike, E.O. Eyo, Dennis Osadebay,
H.U.Akpabio, Eyo Ita, Jaja Wachuku, Alvan Ikoku,
Nwafor Orizu, M. C. K. Ajuluchukwu, Nyong Essien,
Margaret Ekpo, Oyibo Odinammadu, Muokwugo
Okoye and so many others were men and women
of vision, and transparent honesty who transformed
Eastern Region into an enviable model of political
stability and economic empowerment.
Fast forward into Biafra; the Biafran government
was never a dictatorship even in war time. General
Ojukwu stated very clearly that his government will
never be a dictatorship. This is why at every turn
of the war he consulted regularly with the Eastern
Region (Biafran) Consultative Assembly and the
Advisory Committee of Chiefs and Elders
representing all the communities in Biafra. The
administrator of each province in Biafra was a
native of that province. Think of the marvelous job
done by the administrators of the twenty provinces
of Biafra as well as the Biafran cabinet. Check the
records and see for yourself. Yakubu Gowon on the
other hand never consulted representatives of the
peoples of Nigeria even once or sought their input
into any matters whatsoever. During the war,
Biafra was blockaded by land, sea, and air by
Nigeria. Biafrans went ahead and built their own
armored cars, petroleum refineries, refined their
own salt, manufactured break fluids, automotive
lubricants, batteries for running radio and other
electronic equipment, etc. Biafrans manufactured
their own rockets and rocket launchers as well as
the famous Ogbunigwe (missile) which they
eventually refined to be launched. Biafrans even
tried to build their own airplanes. Read the report
of the ingenuity and efficiency of the Biafran
government and people by a team of experts from
the United States led by senator Goodell that
visited Biafra during the war. That report is in the
Congressional Record in the United States,
February, 1969".

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 21, 2017
Igbokao:
Playing the clown, making people laugh, and imitating toughness for entertainment purposes are what Charley-boy is good at, nothing more. He seems to be only able to think on surface level. Political and social issues in Nigeria are fast-moving parts, and Charley-boy absolutely has neither the intelligence nor discerning mind required to analyze these complex dynamics in relation to the Igbos.

Charley-boy is completely the opposite of his Dad in terms of intelligence and deep thinking ability. He has used silly street-sounding terms and occasional verbose clichés to attempt to simplistically characterize the great Biafra and its leaders.

It appears to me that there are two types of Igbos - first, those whose claim to being Igbo is their ability to verbally attack and engage in character assassination of their fellow Igbos, and second, those who, actually, forsake their comfort and risk death to take action to stop oppression, injustice, and killing of their fellow Igbos.

Thumbs up
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2017
Well, I'm not surprised that a lot of the people that have rushed to condemn Charly Boy's article very likely did not read it through or did not bother to understand the points he's trying to pass across because most of them aren't offering a reasonable or reasoned rebuttal. I would encourage you guys to read through his reasons and then comment.

As for my own view, even I have been thinking of writing something along these lines on my blog. The Igbo nation specifically and Nigerians at large don't seem to realise that the current state of this country is not because we are a union of different peoples or that people from other tribes from ours just naturally hate our tribes. Nigeria's failure is the product of our collective failures as individuals, regardless of tribe, geopolitical zone, religion or ideology. Why this is important to note is that if we don't fix these individual failures, they would still carry over into whatever countries we produce from breaking up Nigeria.

The Igbo demand for self determination is not tied to just the failure Nigeria has become, it's tired to desire for sovereignty and wish to control our destiny totally as a people at home, and not be dictated by aliens from far away land.
Like someone already pointed out, Europe is a rich zone, yet Britain pulled out, UK is a rich nation, yet Scotland attempted and still attempts to pull out.
Why? Sovereignty!
Slice and dice it any way you want it. Ndiigbo wants total sovereignty away from the colonial conundrum of Babel called Nigeria. And there is no explaining this very fact away.
Eritrea is not a richer country than Ethiopia, yet no Eritrean would want Eritrea remerged with Ethiopia after they fought hard for their independence from Ethiopia.
No Igbo is under any illusion that Biafra would become an Eldorado, but we know that in Biafra, our destiny will be totally on our hands, what we make of it will be our choice. We want that choice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 10:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Some weeks ago, I was in a bus and the driver, an Igbo man got into an argument with a passenger, a Yoruba man. After the passenger alighted, the driver started muttering that it's just because Biafra has not been actualized, else he wouldn't be found in Lagos. I found it funny because - who told him he would be anything more than a bus driver in Biafra too? Or we don't have bus drivers in Igboland? For a lot of the people I hear talking about Biafra, it's only an escapist fantasy for them because they are disillusioned with the country called Nigeria. But creating a new country wouldn't make their lives any better if they don't change the way they approach government, society, their civic responsibilities and an appreciation for the rights of every man which EVERYONE across the length and breadth of our country have failed at.

How would you know that his lot won't be better in Biafra? All over the world, rich and prosperous nations are products of the dreams of the citizens who driven by patriotism worked hard to make it so.

Those who talk about Nigeria for me are those living in fantasy world. The fact remains that Nigeria as an option had failed since 1960, and continue to fail till today. Only mad people repeat same things and expect different outcomes.
Nigeria by its very structure and composition is Destined to fail.
Biafra on the other hand has every lining of prosperous stable nation, going by the way it's precursor, Eastern region was.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 10:26am On Apr 21, 2017
I mean, Charlie Boy is right - it's not like the Yorubas or Hausas or Fulanis or people of other tribes are going down to Igboland to prevent it from developing. It's our fellow Igbo men in positions of leadership that are stunting our growth - same as the leaders in all the other regions of Nigeria are relegating regional and National development in favour of personal enrichment. Then they sell us this idea that we are each others' enemies so we can keep fighting each other and ignore them while they feed fat on our commonwealth. It's these same people we would get in Biafra and they would do the same thing they are doing in the current Nigerian setup and nothing would change.

It's easy for revolutions to take place in a relatively homogeneous population or a population United by shared religious, political or cultural ideologies.
Because in such situations, it becomes too difficult for bad leaders to divide the people and prevent them from ganging up against them.

Biafra stands 100% more chance of shaking off bad leaders, than a tower of Babel like Nigeria whose people have no point of unity and no patriotism whatsoever for it, as they all know it's an artificial creation.

Biafrans driven by patriotism would gladly lay down their lives for Biafra, Nigerians not under paid employment( NA,NPF,etc) can't do the same for Nigeria.
Therein lie the difference between a true nation( Biafra) and a colonial artificial construct( Nigeria).

Most one Nigeria apologists I had seen all do so driven by selfish/greedy considerations, and not out of patriotism or love for Nigeria as a country and their fellow citizens not from their ethnic group.
It's always about what their groups stand to benefit from Nigeria or what they themselves stand to benefit from Nigeria. Isn't it Ironic that most prominent one Nigeria apologists or anti Biafra crusaders on this forum and off this forum are also chronic rabid Igbophobic entities.

Let that sink in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2017
Haha. Dope. The average IPOB is a foolish person really. I've always said this..they keep ranting Biafra yet they're scattered everywhere in South West states. Is that how to get Biafra?? Mugus.

ChetaNwaeze:
Charles Oputa aka Charley Boy, an Igbo man, has opposed the agitation for a Biafra. Instead of we Igbos to engage Charley Boy and other Igbos like him who have all denied Biafra, we are busy insulting the great Yoruba race. Does it mean Charley Boy is now an Afonja?

What has the Yoruba's even got to do with Biafra? Why cant we Igbo's leave Yorubaland alone and come back to Igboland if we truely want a Biafra country. The way some of we Igbos use to behave make me concur with BBC World News when they say Biafrans are criminals

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2017
I am not for forcing anybody into any unions they don't want to or no longer want to be a part of. However, I feel it is paramount that we consider all the factors reasonably before making a decision and I am afraid a lot of the people clamouring for a secession are not contemplating all the factors. What I am advocating is that the problems that have driven Nigeria to where it is are to be found all over Nigeria - not just in the North and West alone and these problems would undoubtedly crossover into a Biafra. The average Igbo man does not hold his leaders accountable for how they manage resources, same as the average Yoruba or Hausa man. The average Igbo man celebrates wealth and riches over skill and achievement same as the average Yoruba or Hausa manunless

No it wont, of all the regions in the regional era, the East was the moat stable, politically and otherwise. There was a reason for that, and that reason is imbedded in the Igbo DNA.
So No, we are not same with the people of SW and the North. Our political, cultural and religious ideologies differ from those of those people. The current centrality of Nigerian structure had obscured all that but Biafra would highlight that again, because things are never scarce where they are found.
The average Igbo man abhors being ordered by central figures and bodies,the structure and organization of Biafra would take care of that, and allow for more accountability.

The average Igbo man celebrate achievements, which in turn yields money. I don't Know where you are getting your feeds from.
Either way,we are well aware of the challenges we might face in Biafra, but guess what? We still want Biafra, don't for once ignorantly think you are more educated or enlightened than those of us angling for Biafra.
As bad as South Sudan is today, if you conduct a referendum there now for rejoining of South Sudan with North Sudan, no single South Sudanese would vote for the rejoining. That should tell you something.

What IPOB is asking for is a referendum, those Igbos like Charly boy that wants continued association with Nigeria are all entitled to one vote each, they should join us in calling for referendum so that they can come and express those one votes and see how insignificant their numbers are.
This old tactics of speaking against your kind and Biafra to curry favour from Yorubas and Arewanistans is so outdated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by YelloweWest: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2017
donborg:
cut the crap, referendum is not by force
That is my point exactly!!! But some ipob make it sound like it is by force for us to join them.

They say this like ph is part of Biafra land. I'm Ikwerre from the heart of ph which is Ogbumunabali. We dont want any part of Biafra.

They also say there is nothing like the Niger Delta, that the Niger Delta is not an entity on its own.... what sort of bull crap is that??

I can confidently tell u that NO PART of Rivers State be it Etche Ndokis-Omuma Ikwerre which are all migrantes from Igbo land will join biafra. Why??

Because of OIL and seaports! They would rather want to be part of the Niger Delta.

This is a fact.
Igbo should come to terms with this reality when clamouring for biafra.
Or focus on developing the SE within Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 11:06am On Apr 21, 2017
[b] Here is how Father Joe, one of the Irish Rev.
Fathers who worked in Igbo land for a long time
and stayed in Biafra throughout the Biafra-Nigeria
War, described the Ibo (Igbo) to a team of reporters
from Life Magazine in 1968: “Life (Magazine) has
been dispatching teams to Biafra since June 1968,
and now September, the beginning of the hot
season, was on hand, we noticed a profound
change. Wherever we went, people tugged at our
sleeves and held out their hands, hoping for a coin,
a cigarette, or a kola nut. This begging was
altogether new.” “The Iboman never begs.” Father
Joe said. “He's much too proud, he wants to pay
for what he gets. The Ibos are wizards at saving
money. When one of them gets a job, he starts
saving right away; first for a bicycle, then a
transistor radio, and next a bit of land. Then he
builds a house on it, gets a wife and before the
first child is born, he is already putting money by
for the kid's school fees. The Ibos are mad for
education.” He continued, “Ach, you should have
known the Ibo before the war, shrewd, clannish,
competitive – exasperating and proud. Some called
them the Jews of Africa and others said they were
as bad as the Irish, and I'd consider it a
compliment either way.

You know that we Holy
Ghost Fathers all ran schools here before the war?
The way we played on the Iboman's competitive
instinct was absolutely shameless.” “What kind of
parish is this? I would say to the elders. The school
of the other village has an upstairs – Ibo talk for a
second story – so they'd build me an upstairs and
then I'd say, how can I be the Father here? There is
a village not five miles from here that has a
primary school and a secondary school as well. Do
you expect me to spend the rest of my life rotting
in a village that has no secondary school? So, up
would go the new school and then I'd really put the
screws to them: There is a settlement down
Owerri-way that sent one of their boys to a
university in Europe. Wouldn't it be a grand thing to
have a university graduate of our own? And by
God, somehow the village would scrimp and save
until they had one: All that seems a long time ago
now.”

The determination and resourcefulness that
once characterized the Ibo also preoccupied Father
Joe. We were driving out for a last look at
Emekuku Hospital when Father Joe remarked:
“There was a time when it was impossible to have
a car breakdown in Iboland. You'd find yourself
stuck somewhere way out in the bush and first
thing you know, three loafers – two of whom had
probably never peeked under the bonnet of an auto
in their lives – would saunter up to see what was
the matter. In no time at all using rags and string
they'd have you on your way again.” Father Joe
shook our hands before we boarded the flight out
through the flak and said, “Remember now:
however this thing is settled militarily, somehow,
somewhere, something called Biafra will continue
to exist.”(Breadless Biafra). This is the Igbo the
world used to know and which has been destroyed
by Nigeria.[/b]

This is the Igbo I know, and the Igbo that must be rescued before association with alien cultures in colonial set up called Nigeria, destroyed all these our traits that make us Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

That is my point exactly!!! But some ipob make it sound like it is by force for us to join them.

They say this like ph is part of Biafra land. I'm Ikwerre from the heart of ph which is Ogbumunabali. We dont want any part of Biafra.

They also say there is nothing like the Niger Delta, that the Niger Delta is not an entity on its own.... what sort of bull crap is that??

I can confidently tell u that NO PART of Rivers State be it Etche Ndokis-Omuma Ikwerre which are all migrantes from Igbo land will join biafra. Why??

Because of OIL and seaports! They would rather want to be part of the Niger Delta.

This is a fact.

Speak for your Ikwerre group only. Ndoki people are already proudly Igbo people in Abia, and Rivers state as well as three villages in Akwa Ibom they occupy.
Only Ikwerre share in this bitter misguided Igbophobia, and your attempts at spreading it to Etche is noted, but Etche marginalization in Rivers state by same Ikwerre who are championing Igbophobia on facebook pages on account of phantom Igbo marginalization in old Eastern region is quite ironic and had impeded your campaign in Etche so far.

You can't confidently say anything as you are only entitled to one vote, if indeed you are not an impostor like I suspect already.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by YelloweWest: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2017
pazienza:

Speak for your Ikwerre group only. Ndoki people are already proudly Igbo people in Abia, and Rivers state as well as three villages in Akwa Ibom they occupy.
Only Ikwerre share in this bitter misguided Igbophobia, and your attempts at spreading it to Etche is noted, but Etche marginalization in Rivers state by same Ikwerre who are championing Igbophobia on facebook pages on account of phantom Igbo marginalization in old Eastern region is quite ironic and had impeded your campaign in Etche so far.

You can't confidently say anything as you are only entitled to one vote, if indeed you are not an impostor like I suspect already.
The delusion continues....
Anyone who speaks the truth u label as hausa or yoruba. On the other thread I even gave my family history on how I am both Ikwerre and Kalabari but they insist I'm yoruba. Calling me an imposter.

U guys are truly out of touch with reality.

Ndoki in abia state claim they are supposed to be part of Rivers State because their forefathers migrated from bonny Kingdom. My Dr a chief in abia state ndoki claims he is supposed to be from rivers.

Let me remind you that the Niger Delta does not need Ndokis-Omuma or Etche, rather it is them that need the Niger Delta for its resources.

Well like you rightly said let's all wait till the referendum!
God willing it will surely come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by ZooRepublic: 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
IpobExposed:

Source
https://www.naij.com/1100474-opinion-my-stand-nnamdi-kanu-biafra-by-charly-boy.html
the zoo monkey is not different from other thieves (politicians) , just seeking for cheap popularity with Biafra when he is no longer valuable
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by donborg(m): 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

This is a fact.
cool down bro. referendum is like an election where all these issues you raised will be discussed and adequately addressed. igbos also have oil and importantly the manpower which nigerdelta lacks.
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pointblank247(m): 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
charlyboy Kwa? mmmmsteeewww. 12 years old boy fixated in the body of old man that doesn't even know how to dress his age talk more of talk like his age mates arrant nonsensical stupidity . when we need the opinions of noisy attension seeking unsuccessful musicians we shall say it
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pointblank247(m): 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
Charles Oputa aka Charley Boy, an Igbo man, has opposed the agitation for a Biafra. Instead of we Igbos to engage Charley Boy and other Igbos like him who have all denied Biafra, we are busy insulting the great Yoruba race. Does it mean Charley Boy is now an Afonja?

What has the Yoruba's even got to do with Biafra? Why cant we Igbo's leave Yorubaland alone and come back to Igboland if we truely want a Biafra country. The way some of we Igbos use to behave make me concur with BBC World News when they say Biafrans are criminals
when the product of the rotten punany of a mad akwuna pretends to be an igbo man opens his stinking mouth that is more rotten that his mothers cesspit .we know you can even speak igbo language and show ur birth certificate with igbo names we still know you .retard anuofia akwuna tufuluatufu
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by RosaConsidine: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Igbo is a nation made up willing members,it's a real nation in every sense of it, and none is being forced to be Igbo . You don't decide for Ndiigbo what we ask for, we are free people and reserve the right to demand for our collective self determination.
Igbo nation is united by shared Language , culture, descent and location. You can't compare it to a colonial abomination called Nigeria, made up of people of uncommon descent, language and culture , that needs the use of force to keep people in its union.
Even at that, every Igbo speaking community would be given the chance to vote in favour or against Biafra in a referendum.
I find it disturbing that a human with brain cells would compare the Igbo nation with Nigeria.
And no, Biafra is not about keeping previously independent groups in bondage under force like is obtainable in Nigeria.
Biafra is about independent Igbo groups and willing non Igbo neighbors, coming together to form a nation built on mutual agreement and consent of all involved groups under sustainable political structures and United by shared political, religious, cultural and lingual ideologies.

Interesting response. That last part though - about having a shared political, religious, cultural and lingual ideology - that's patently not true. The Igbo nation as it is right now is extremely fragmented. What is our uniting political ideology? Nobody knows because each person speaks for themselves. Cultural values? I am Anambra but I schooled in Owerri and I can tell you there is a pretty clear difference between our cultural values in both states. My mother has consistently warned us against marrying people from Imo state and this is a sentiment shared by a lot of other people from Anambra state. While I know it's a warning I will definitely ignore if I fall in love with, say, an Owerri or Mbaise or Orlu girl, it shows a distinct lack of trust even amongst ourselves that we are yet to resolve. All we share are similar languages. We still don't speak with one voice in Nigeria. Why do you think that would suddenly change in a Biafra?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by YelloweWest: 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
donborg:
cool down bro. referendum is like an election where all these issues you raised will be discussed and adequately addressed. igbos also have oil and importantly the manpower which nigerdelta lacks.

LOL! still them
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
Weselion:
[s]Igbos cam complain for Africa. Give them Biafra now, they won't still leave Lagos and Kano. When they start killing them that time.... I'm waiting for the person that will say Lagos is a no man's land. I will personally hang him[/s]
Reason why blacks cannot rise above their primitive mindset. So so kil na him full their mouth. Oya begin kill any Igbo man wey you see today. Anuvia.
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by malton: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
RosaConsidine:

I understand your fears. But as I have severally pointed out, we are being sold nonexistent theories by the people we look up to as leaders of thought and ideas. Do you think the average Hausa man or Yoruba man or woman is born with a natural hatred of Igbos? No! It's just sentiment passed onto us by our parents and religious and political leaders. I used to argue that Igbos were better than any other tribe back in secondary school till I realised that every tribe is unique in it's own way and no tribe is essentially better than any other. It's just a lie sold to us by people for whatever reasons they deemed fit and we bought those lies because we looked up to these people to provide us guidance. Some of my closest friends who have helped me at some of the most trying moments of my life have come from various tribes across Nigeria. They would not help me if this so-called hatred is inborn. But we have learnt to ignore what divides and separates us and instead focus on what unites us in a bid to make each other better. We need to stop selling this same lie to future generations because we would be doing them a great disservice, rob them of a chance to work together to build a country that's rewarding and developed and make them more susceptible to dubious and manipulative religious and political leaders.

True. I know that it's just a few bad elements perpetrating these heinous crimes. I have a good number of Hausa-Fulani friends myself. As a matter of fact, my closest friend even as I type this, is a Fulani guy from Jigawa. We have been friends since 100 level and remain even more so to this day.

On the most part, they are good people with good intentions. However, the problem is that Islamic practices, as done in northern Nigeria is badly flawed and portends danger, unless something is done. Radicalism is often a precursor to terrorism.

Despite our complexities and diversity, we can wax stronger only if we are all willing to accept and appreciate each an everyone in spite of our differences.

Islamic clerics in the north are quick to point out our differences and how more righteous the muslims are than everyone else. They seldom preach peace or tolerance. Such narrow perspective can only breed people with simplistic views of life. That's why they don't find it difficult to kill the "infidels."

All terrorist groups, whether boko haram or Fulani herdsmen share one common objective: the willingness to kill or harm Nigerians for their cause. This is why radicalism is ultimately a major security concern for all involved.

This is something I've seen and witnessed, not conjecture or hearsay.

We can have the Nigeria of our dreams. A place where every life matters. But first, the aggressors have to stop being blood thirsty. The peace initiatives have to begin with them. Because they drew the first blood, and the largely Christian South and Middle Belt have yet to retaliate.
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by malton: 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
RosaConsidine:

I'm flattered!

https://anigerianrealist./

Okay. Guess I just found me an abode on the internet.

I look forward to reading your piece on a regular basis.
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Interesting response. That last part though - about having a shared political, religious, cultural and lingual ideology - that's patently not true. The Igbo nation as it is right now is extremely fragmented. What is our uniting political ideology? Nobody knows because each person speaks for themselves. Cultural values? I am Anambra but I schooled in Owerri and I can tell you there is a pretty clear difference between our cultural values in both states. My mother has consistently warned us against marrying people from Imo state and this is a sentiment shared by a lot of other people from Anambra state. While I know it's a warning I will definitely ignore if I fall in love with, say, an Owerri or Mbaise or Orlu girl, it shows a distinct lack of trust even amongst ourselves that we are yet to resolve. All we share are similar languages. We still don't speak with one voice in Nigeria. Why do you think that would suddenly change in a Biafra?

Those are petty sentiments that exists all over any nation. There are many Anambra people married to Imo persons, and Vice versa. Even the name Anambra is an artificial construct. Northern parts of Imo and Abia are culturally fused with Southern parts of Anambra, and are indeed same people, as they speak similar languages and have similar customs.

When you have time, read up on the bitter division of Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews, yer it had never stopped Jews from uniting to achieve common objectives against common foes.

Same is applicable to Ndiigbo.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by pazienza(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

Anyone who speaks the truth u label as hausa or yoruba. On the other thread I even gave my family history on how I am both Ikwerre and Kalabari but they insist I'm yoruba. Calling me an imposter.

Ndoki in abia state claim they are supposed to be part of Rivers State because their forefathers migrated from bonny Kingdom. My Dr a chief in abia state ndoki claims he is supposed to be from rivers.

Let me remind you that the Niger Delta does not need Ndokis-Omuma or Etche, rather it is them that need the Niger Delta for its resources.

You are the deluded one.
I'm well versed in sentiments prevalent in Ndoki of today as a very good friend of mine is an Ndoki man from Azumini, I had equally been to Azumini before.

Ndoki people are comfortable with their Igbo identity. The story is that Bonny and Opobo migrated out of Ndoki and subsequently lost their Igbo language for current Ibani they speak, but later found their Igbo language back through the slave trade and today speak Igbo as first languages.

Oyigbo LGA produce more crude oil than all LGAs in Rivers state , except ONELGA, another Igboid language. Etche land also produce a substantial amount of crude oil more than most Ikwerre LGAs.
So, No! Neither Etche nor Oyigbo( Ndoki/Asa) people, need your Rivers state more than you need them.
They are the ones whose lands had been deprived of its natural resources which are now used to develop Ikwerreland, while their own lands are abandoned and left in penury. Etche and Oyigbo have the worst road network and other infrastructures in Rivers state, despite huge crude oil production from their lands accredited to Rivers state via the derivation formula.

You are fishing on shallow waters here, young lady.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by YelloweWest: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
pazienza:

You are the deluded one.
I'm well versed in sentiments prevalent in Ndoki of today as a very good friend of mine is an Ndoki man from Azumini, I had equally been to Azumini before.

Ndoki people are comfortable with their Igbo identity. The story is that Bonny and Opobo migrated out of Ndoki and subsequently lost their Igbo language for current Ibani they speak, but later found their Igbo language back through the slave trade and today speak Igbo as first languages.

Oyigbo LGA produce more crude oil than all LGAs in Rivers state , except ONELGA, another Igboid language. Etche land also produce a substantial amount of crude oil more than most Ikwerre LGAs.
So, No! Neither Etche nor Oyigbo( Ndoki/Asa) people, need your Rivers state more than you need them.
They are the ones whose lands had been deprived of its natural resources which are now used to develop Ikwerreland, while their own lands are abandoned and left in penury. Etche and Oyigbo have the worst road network and other infrastructures in Rivers state, despite huge crude oil production from their lands accredited to Rivers state via the derivation formula.

Oyibo produces more crude than all other LGAS except Onelga

Jeezzz.... that ends our argument.
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by nengibo: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

God bless you for this, the name Ndoki isnt even igbo its Ijaw, coined from the sentence "A mina dokiari" and till today they still associate with Ijaws in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by nengibo: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
donborg:
Oya carry ur man power and oil and go & kindly leave us with our woman power, No Niger delta group is participating in an igbo sponsored referendum
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by nengibo: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
pazienza:

You are the deluded one.

Big lie oh, so how did Ndoki towns start bearing Ijaw names did they also lose their language from Igbo? Fake historian
Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by YelloweWest: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
nengibo:

God bless you for this, the name Ndoki isnt even igbo its Ijaw, coined from the sentence "A mina dokiari" and till today they still associate with Ijaws in Rivers.
I thank God my fellow Rivers brothers and sisters are raising up to this beast called biafra. They are trying tooth and nail to drag us into an unnecessary war but God will not allow them.

I wonder why they can't limit their struggle to the 5igbo states and maybe parts of delta willing to join?

In Etche, ndoki, omuma, oyibo ikwerre etc all have had their elders, chiefs and youth bodies come out to denounce Biafra but still they insist we must join them! Why??

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Support Biafra - Charlie Boy by YelloweWest: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
nengibo:

Big lie oh, so how did Ndoki towns start bearing Ijaw names did they also lose their language from Igbo? Fake historian
LIES from the pit of hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Gets N5M Credit Alert From Unknown Sender / Prince Nelson Asks Bashir Ahmad Why ASUU Strike Is Still Ongoing / Lola Alao - If A Married Man Makes You Happy, Please Go For It” –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.