Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,814 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? (23551 Views)

Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu / How Did The Hebrew Women Deliver? / Should The Hebrew Midwives Be Commended For Lying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
JMAN05:

The context of the discussion differs. Don't you have anything meaningful?

If I ask you your name in the morning and Tunde asks you your name in the evening, which are two different contexts, then what difference does that make to the name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

If I ask you your name in the morning and Tunde asks you your name in the evening, which are two different contexts, then what difference does that make to the name.

Say if am a Jew back then. Because there use of name differs, depending on the context it is used. Again, don't you have anything meaningful?

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

In your understanding, how would you translate Ego Eimi into English?

And also, how would you translate Ehyah into English?

and if there is a difference in meaning could you please explain the difference to us?

Thank you.

As for ehyah, your asking me to tell you about it shows you ve been dreaming all this while. You haven't seen my explanation all along? Seriously? Go and read the link I gave to once more.

Please do not extend this thread unnecessarily.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2017
JMAN05:

As for ehyah, your asking me to tell you about it shows you ve been dreaming all this while. You haven't seen my explanation all along? Seriously? Go and read the link I gave to once more.

Please do not extend this thread unnecessarily.

These your pathetic attempts to duck the obvious are way past ridiculous now. Don't you have any shame?!

At first I thought you were just misguided but now I see that you are intentionally given over to deceit.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2017
JMAN05:

Say if am a Jew back then. Because there use of name differs, depending on the context it is used. Again, don't you have anything meaningful?

I'm not going to ask you for any example of how Jewish (actually Hebrew) use of name differs from any other tribe because I know you are just jiving and trying to obfuscate the issue.

I have something meaningful for any reader of this thread and that is that your are deceitful, and quite unintelligent in your attempts to mislead. Your scam is clear to all but the daftest.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by truthislight: 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
PastorAIO:

I'm not going to ask you for any example of how Jewish (actually Hebrew) use of name differs from any other tribe because I know you are just jiving and trying to obfuscate the issue.

I have something meaningful for any reader of this thread and that is that your are deceitful, and quite unintelligent in your attempts to mislead. Your scam is clear to all but the daftest.

grin
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by MuttleyLaff: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
PastorAIO:

These your pathetic attempts to duck the obvious are way past ridiculous now. Don't you have any shame?!

At first I thought you were just misguided but now I see that you are intentionally given over to deceit.

I have no cure for ur ailment. sorry.

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
Abeg, let me just park this here, if you don't mind. I go come collect am later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU5pRwKH-kk
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by MuttleyLaff: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
JMAN05:
I have no cure for ur ailment. sorry.

PastorAIO:
Abeg, let me just park this here, if you don't mind. I go come collect am later.

h t tp s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU5pRwKH-kk
PastorAIO I can't believe you'll go this low to play gutter dirty.

Is it because JMAN05 said, he's sorry, he had no cure for your ailment that you went to go and dig this up, in order to get even with him?

The ailment featured in the video permeates right across every sphere of life; religious, irreligious or indifferent.

Abeggy, comot am, go park elsewhere.
Or else I go blow you whistle ooo

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by 4kings: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
PastorAIO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU5pRwKH-kk
I don't buy what this documentary is trying to paint.
Jehovah's Witness as an Organisation does not encourage pedophilia, it's a big church so it's no surprise that there are some black sheep, even the catholic or any other organisation have similar issues.
the homosexuality issue, well that's commonplace.

This documentary is somewhat misleading.

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
4kings:

Jehovah's Witness as an Organisation does not encourage pedophilia, it's a big church so it's no surprise that there are some black sheep, even the catholic or any other organisation have similar issues.

Pedophilia is everywhere, but what is the attitude of an organisation when it gets discovered? Even when the Catholic church covered their own didn't we all halla? Even Catholics on NL here cried out. So I want to see if an JW's will denounce the practice and it's cover up in their organisation.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by 4kings: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
PastorAIO:

Pedophilia is everywhere, but what is the attitude of an organisation when it gets discovered? Even when the Catholic church covered their own didn't we all halla? Even Catholics on NL here cried out. So I want to see if an JW's will denounce the practice and it's cover up in their organisation.
Hmm, "cover up". Okay.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by truthislight: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2017
PastorAIO:

LOL.

I WAS THINKING IT WAS ONE CLOWN CALLED OLADEGBO OR SOMETHING THAT POSTED THIS BUT NOT KNOWING IT IS THE MIGHTY AIO. wink

HOW TIMES CHANGES THINGS. SMH.

SO, THE JW ARE THE SOLE MOUTH PIECE FOR THE BIBLE/OT THAT YOU FEEL THAT ON A THREAD LIKE THIS THE BEST WAY TO WIN THE ARGUMENT AND GET AT THEM IS TO SCANDALISE THEM RIGHT? LOL. grin

THAT IS WONDERFUL.

SO WITH THE ABOVE YOU HAVE WON THE ARGUMENT NOW RIGHT? O YES! THAT VIDEO CONTAINS ALL YOUR ARGUMENT THAT MOSES DID NOT WRITE THE FIRST FIVE BOOK OF THE BIBLE RIGHT?

NO, IT CoNTAINS THE ARGUMENT THAT YAHWEH WAS UNKNOWN BEFORE MOSES INTRUDUCTION, YES! grin

HEHEHEHEHEHE.

DO YOU NOW SEE HOW YOUR BRAIN WORKS? YOUR CHRISTIAN KIND OF BRAIN IS ALWAYS SCHEMING EVIL FOR OTHERS?

WELL, SUCH KIND OF MIND SET WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KILLING OF CHRIST APOSTLES BY SO CALLED RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. HENCE, FILL UP THE CUP OF YOUR FATHER, CAUSE YOU ARE FROM YOUR FATHER.

THE HATER HAS ITS CHILDREN AS HATERS.

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
The argument has already been won, since you've failed to answer any of my basic questions.

I did not present the video as an argument for whether Moses knew Yahoo's name or not.

I presented the video in order to demonstrate that the reason why you will not answer the questions and are ducking and wriggling so much is due to the wider issue which is that you belong to a controlling Cult that has dominated your mind.

With some understanding of how the JW organisation works we can have a clearer understanding of your methods and why you fail to answer simple questions in this discussion.

truthislight:

LOL.

I WAS THINKING IT WAS ONE CLOWN CALLED OLADEGBO OR SOMETHING THAT POSTED THIS BUT NOT KNOWING IT IS THE MIGHTY AIO. wink

HOW TIMES CHANGES THINGS. SMH.

SO, THE JW ARE THE SOLE MOUTH PIECE FOR THE BIBLE/OT THAT YOU FEEL THAT ON A THREAD LIKE THIS THE BEST WAY TO WIN THE ARGUMENT AND GET AT THEM IS TO SCANDALISE THEM RIGHT? LOL. grin

THAT IS WONDERFUL.

SO WITH THE ABOVE YOU HAVE WON THE ARGUMENT NOW RIGHT? O YES! THAT VIDEO CONTAINS ALL YOUR ARGUMENT THAT MOSES DID NOT WRITE THE FIRST FIVE BOOK OF THE BIBLE RIGHT?

NO, IT CINTAINS THE ARGUMENT THAT YAHWEH WAS UNKNOWN BEFORE MOSES INTRUDUCTION, YES! grin

HEHEHEHEHEHE.

DO YOU NOW SEE HOW YOUR BRAIN WORKS? YOUR CHRISTIAN KIND OF BRAIN IS ALWAYS SCHEMING EVIL FOR OTHERS?

WELL, SUCH KIND OF MIND SET WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KILLING OF CHRIST APOSTLES BY SO CALLED RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. HENCE, FILL UP THE CUP OF YOUR FATHER, CAUSE YOU ARE FROM YOUR FATHER.

THE HATER HAS ITS CHILDREN AS HATERS.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by macof(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
JMAN05:
Sarassin has been of the view that the writers of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) borrowed from the religious culture of the land they resided in. and in fact, the Supreme Diety of the Jews is a son of the God of Canaan (Canaan Supreme Diety is El).

More of his position could be seen below:

The purpose of this thread is to determine the veracity of this claim.

Muttleylaff and JMAN05 are interested in this claim for we wonder how such claim could be true.

Lets try to be sincere and polite in this thread. Pls do not derail the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3046086/abraham-pagan
Remember this thread?

There I drew up a short article on Abraham's devotion and beliefs

Abraham as you know is an ancestor of the Hebrews/Jews so their religion and by extension Christianity finds its root in Abraham's devotion

Note: I avoided using the word "religion" for Abraham's beliefs
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by truthislight: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
PastorAIO:

I've already won the argument, since you've failed to answer any of my basic questions.

I did not present the video as an argument for whether Moses knew Yahoo's name or not.

I presented the video in order to demonstrate that the reason why you will not answer the questions and are ducking and wriggling so much is due to the wider issue which is that you belong to a controlling Cult that has dominated your mind.

With some understanding of how the JW organisation works we can have a clearer understanding of your methods and why you fail to answer simple questions in this discussion.

After winning the argument, you could not have a simple normal sleep till you posted your winning short. grin

You are getting delusional by the day. Your finesse is deserting you or have deserted you hence your resorting to mediocrity extraordinaire.

LOL.

Enjoy.

PS:

His resorting to Attack JW is because his actual intent was rebuffed on this thread

PastorAIO:

I'm just getting started. I admit that I'm actually doing my ongoing investigations at the moment so it is a work in progress, however I can be updating you guys with new expositions as and when I discover it.

Sometimes it pays to take stuck of things, how did we get here on this thread that Pastor AIO is attacking JW?

What was and has been and is Pastor AIO stance and intent, what was his argument all this while on this thread before he decided to become internet collector man? What was his Argument before picking out JW as his stock in thread to attack?

The above question is what any discerning and reasonable person should find out to know the sort of person he is.

• His argument was to discredit that Moses did not write the Books that are assigned to him as the writer, that what is contained in the first five books of the Bible as we have it is Hogwash and scrappy Since according to him, it talked about Moses death. (ignoring that Joshua was always with him)

• That Yahweh claimed Cyrus to be his servant while he did not send or did anything for Cyrus, Implying that the Bible info about Cyrus is unreliable.

• That the name of Yahweh was never known by Adam other servants of God before Moses. Implying that Yahweh is a new God in the scene.

• That it is an error that the Bible was made available to all sorts of person to have access to, that it should have been left under the control of his likes and lots to use and manipulate people.

• That Moses was not inspired as in getting Messages from Yahweh. That Moses inspiration is just like his own inspiration to write a book. Implying that the claim for inspiration for Moses to have written Genesis and the other five books is hogwash. In all, that the bible is never inspired going by his argument.

• That the account of Genesis in creation is not Genuine since No one was there and Moses the supposed writer was never inspired by the Almighty.

• Since Yahweh was never known before he introduced himself to to Yahweh, He is not the almighty God, he claims.

• Claiming that Yahweh is just one of the Canaanites gods and nothing more.

• In all, his attack is geared towards the bible and Yahweh to disrepute them.
• NO WONDER HE HATES THE JW.

Meanwhile, Very well known to him, his effort and intent was quash on this thread and like a drowning person and headless snake whose body have been bruised, with severe anger, is looking for who to transfer his anger and frustrations on those who destroyed his plans here………….. He pounces on What so ever he can see before him, the one he can think of, is that Jman05 is a JW, hence he is attacking the group his narrow mind has told him is the source of the information that was used to neutralized him. Such is the Evil intent.

He had Initially started to attack @Muttleylaff, since he could not lay hands on what to attack him on, he is biting on the only object he can see, JW.

He never has the interest of the Bible, hence his reasons for attacking people on this thread.

I called this the last resort of a frustrated person. His fore bears had done worst than this anyway.

|He is a deceitful fellow, looking for more people to turned atheist.

Assuming the Likes of Jman05 and Muttleylaff did not refute his erroneous post on this thread, what would have became of some in-experience people reading? no wonder he is angry.

An evil man i tell you. he has been in this stuck in thread for only God knows how long.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2017
truthislight:

After winning the argument, you could not have a simple normal sleep till you posted your winning short. grin

You are getting delusional by the day. Your fines is deserting you or have deserted you hence your resorting to mediocrity extraordinaire.

LOL.

Enjoy.

I've been sleeping soundly, thank you very much. I don't know what you mean by 'fines'.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by truthislight: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Fix

PastorAIO:

I've been sleeping soundly, thank you very much. I don't know what you mean by 'finesse'.

grin

Sleep well this time. cool

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
truthislight:

Fix

grin

Sleep well this time. cool

Oh 'finesse'. It hasn't deserted. I just reserve it for appropriate situations.

With ignoramuses I use the means that will help expose them.

You belong to a controlling cult. This cult will not allow you to think for yourself. Hence a simple issue of the first person present particle - I am - and instead of a simple straight answer you all dance atilogwu.

Since it is impossible to have a simple fact based discussion with you then I have to expose you thoroughly.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
4kings:

Where do you think that the video has been factually inaccurate? Or has painted a misleading picture of JWs.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by 4kings: 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
PastorAIO:

Where do you think that the video has been factually inaccurate? Or has painted a misleading picture of JWs.
Timestamp: 36:41.
"that was part of a broader worldwide policy in every congregation in the world... to keep secrets known child sexual abusers."
said Attorney Rick Simons.
This is preposterous without proof.

Like i said, i acknowledge that there are black sheep in every organization but just like scamming does not "paint" ALL Nigerians, sexual abuse shouldn't "paint" the JWs.

Most people(none JWs) that watch the video(without applying rational thought) will think pedophilia is a thing in JWs and that they're a cult.
You can check from the Youtube comments below.

Generalization is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by truthislight: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
PastorAIO:

Oh 'finesse'. It hasn't deserted. I just reserve it for appropriate situations.

With ignoramuses I use the means that will help expose them.

You belong to a controlling cult. This cult will not allow you to think for yourself. Hence a simple issue of the first person present particle - I am - and instead of a simple straight answer you all dance atilogwu.

Since it is impossible to have a simple fact based discussion with you then I have to expose you thoroughly.

grin

Have you succeeded in your exposition rendezvous?

I don't think the sleep is entering you still.

Such hate was why Orthodox churches killed people for simply possessing the bible and translating it to the common man language like English language, etc...... They had rather preferred that the Bible remain in LATIN so every body goes to them big man in the church like you and they will teach them stuff like purgatory grin

AIO, do you work for wages in a Cathedral/Orthodox Church? You remind me of Tithe collecting pastors that defend the tithe because their salary comes from it grin

But how do you exposed a set of people that goes to every ones houses all over the world? don't they have enough exposure already? grin

Why not have peace and the assurance that you won like you insinuated?

Should that not have given you contentment?

See the others on this thread you started with went their ways and forgot this thread being contented but you, You could not rest and came back to post a video with a contrary message and topic to the thread, is that called trolling? grin

A thread you won you could not leave like you have done to the other hundreds of other threads in Nairaland you had won before this. or, did you loose those other ones hence your not going back? cheesy

Enjoy with your wining.

Just have peace.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
4kings:

Timestamp: 36:41.

This is preposterous without proof.

Like i said, i acknowledge that there are black sheep in every organization but just like scamming does not "paint" ALL Nigerians, sexual abuse shouldn't "paint" the JWs.

Most people(none JWs) that watch the video(without applying rational thought) will think pedophilia is a thing in JWs and that they're a cult.
You can check from the Youtube comments below.

Generalization is the problem.

It might be preposterous without proof however there is plenty of proof.

First and foremost I would like to point out that that was said in an interview with an Attorney of the Australian Justice system. Prior to coming to that conclusion an extensive investigation into JW would have been made. The maker of the video did not make that statement, it was the Attorney that they interviewed that made that statement.

Yes, there are black sheep everywhere. That is not the point. In any decent society or association measures are taken to identify these black sheep and to expose them and remove them from where they could be harmful to others. This is not the case with the JWs. Rather they give institutional protection to these people.

Jehovah's witnesses ARE a controlling cult and they show all the general traits of a controlling cult. I'll come back to that later.

As an organisation they take great care to protect their image in the public. They say that they don't want to bring Jehovah's name into disrepute. So if you report a sex offender that would spoil Jehovah's name. Of course any intelligent person can see the flaw in this reasoning. 1, they are equating themselves with Jehovah, so anything that goes rotten in the organisation means that Jehovah must be rotten, and if the rot is exposed in the organisation then Jehovah is being exposed. How stupidly sad!

Questions From Readers (‎3 occurrences)

Moreover, the Bible urges all who desire God’s favor to “flee from fornication.” (1 Cor. 6:18) ...

Never do we want our conduct to bring Jehovah’s name into disrepute.

This requires that Christians pray for divine guidance and do all they can to protect one another’s physical and moral welfare as well as the good name of Jehovah.
w10 2/15 pp. 22-23 - The Watchtower—2010

This concern with not bring reproach on Jehovah's name is what they use to hide their dirty nefarious acts. Check out the anecdote in 'timestamp' 47:04 of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OVNo8VIj1c

Here a mother was stopped from reporting a case of her son getting sexually abused because it will bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

So you see, it is possible to identify this cover up methods as a General trait of the JW organisation.

Once you are aware of that then you can start to understand why in a simple discussion about the translation of Ehyer from hebrew to english a JW would dance atilogwu rather than answer direct. Furthermore it is not just an indictment against the guy I'm discussing with. Even if he wanted to answer he is probably scared witless that an honest answer will draw reproach from his fellow JWs, worse case scenario he might even get cast out from the cult. This is why I insist that it is a controlling cult. These guys are not free to say what their common sense tells them is the fact.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2017

I'm just getting started. I admit that I'm actually doing my ongoing investigations at the moment so it is a work in progress, however I can be updating you guys with new expositions as and when I discover it.

Such hate was why Orthodox churches killed people for simply possessing the bible and translating it to the common man language like English language, etc...... They had rather preferred that the Bible remain in LATIN so every body goes to them big man in the church like you and they will teach them stuff like purgatory

Actually the bible was originally in Greek and the Roman catholic Pope Damasius commisioned the Latin bible so that in western europe where they spoke Latin, not greek, the common people could understand it. that is why it is called the Vulgate from the Latin word for 'common'. Also where we get the word Vulgar.

It was generally understood that there was a problem with translations. There is so much nuance that is lost in translation and that is why the Church was very apprehensive about translations because of the effects it could have on distorting doctrines.

AIO, do you work for wages in a Cathedral/Orthodox Church? You remind me of Tithe collecting pastors that defend the tithe because their salary comes from it grin

No I don't. But this has nothing to do with the thread and you are now desperately trying Ad hominems. How sad! This is about the JWs twisting the bible to fit their doctrines and when challenged you have all failed to address the salient points. somersaulting upandan just to avoid a simple direct question. Finding the phenomenon interesting I pursued further investigations and, lo, and behold, it turns out that you belong to the more nefarious kind of mind control cult.

But how do you exposed a set of people that goes to every ones houses all over the world? don't they have enough exposure already? grin

You think I'm as shallow as you.
Hats are a show off. Your hat can have pattern, it can have different colours, it can even have a feather in it sef. What a show off, how ostentatious, what an exposure! however what the person admiring the hat can't see is the bald head under the hat. So is the hat for show off, or is it for hiding the gorimapa.
The white-washed sepulchres that Jesus preached against had rotten carcasses within it. So the fact that you are out there does not mean you have nothing to hide. Next!

Unlike you it is not about winning for me. The fact that I won is neither here nor there. And no, it does not give contentment. Stop thinking that everyone else is as shallow as you. You think that you can bribe me to keep quiet by saying that I won. Think again!

See the others on this thread you started with went their ways and forgot this thread being contented but you, You could not rest and came back to post a video with a contrary message and topic to the thread, is that called trolling? grin
Perhaps it is called Trolling, I don't know and I don't care, however having done some research into your cult I have to admit that I am thoroughly disgusted by your lot and I'm seeking to demonstrate how belonging to a mind control cult leads people to argue deceitfully as you have done here on this thread.

Just have peace.

Peace

I wish you peace too.

truthislight:

grin

Such hate was why Orthodox churches killed people for simply possessing the bible and translating it to the common man language like English language, etc...... They had rather preferred that the Bible remain in LATIN so every body goes to them big man in the church like you and they will teach them stuff like purgatory grin

A thread you won you could not leave like you have done to the other hundreds of other threads in Nairaland you had won before this. or, did you loose those other ones hence your not going back? cheesy

Enjoy with your wining.

Just have peace.

Peace.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by 4kings: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
PastorAIO:

It might be preposterous without proof however there is plenty of proof.

First and foremost I would like to point out that that was said in an interview with an Attorney of the Australian Justice system. Prior to coming to that conclusion an extensive investigation into JW would have been made. The maker of the video did not make that statement, it was the Attorney that they interviewed that made that statement.

Yes, there are black sheep everywhere. That is not the point. In any decent society or association measures are taken to identify these black sheep and to expose them and remove them from where they could be harmful to others. This is not the case with the JWs. Rather they give institutional protection to these people.

Jehovah's witnesses ARE a controlling cult and they show all the general traits of a controlling cult. I'll come back to that later.

As an organisation they take great care to protect their image in the public. They say that they don't want to bring Jehovah's name into disrepute. So if you report a sex offender that would spoil Jehovah's name. Of course any intelligent person can see the flaw in this reasoning. 1, they are equating themselves with Jehovah, so anything that goes rotten in the organisation means that Jehovah must be rotten, and if the rot is exposed in the organisation then Jehovah is being exposed. How stupidly sad!

Questions From Readers (‎3 occurrences)

Moreover, the Bible urges all who desire God’s favor to “flee from fornication.” (1 Cor. 6:18) ...

Never do we want our conduct to bring Jehovah’s name into disrepute.

This requires that Christians pray for divine guidance and do all they can to protect one another’s physical and moral welfare as well as the good name of Jehovah.
w10 2/15 pp. 22-23 - The Watchtower—2010

This concern with not bring reproach on Jehovah's name is what they use to hide their dirty nefarious acts. Check out the anecdote in 'timestamp' 47:04 of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OVNo8VIj1c

Here a mother was stopped from reporting a case of her son getting sexually abused because it will bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

So you see, it is possible to identify this cover up methods as a General trait of the JW organisation.

Once you are aware of that then you can start to understand why in a simple discussion about the translation of Ehyer from hebrew to english a JW would dance atilogwu rather than answer direct. Furthermore it is not just an indictment against the guy I'm discussing with. Even if he wanted to answer he is probably scared witless that an honest answer will draw reproach from his fellow JWs, worse case scenario he might even get cast out from the cult. This is why I insist that it is a controlling cult. These guys are not free to say what their common sense tells them is the fact.

Let's look at similar(and even worse) scenarios, "The Catholic Church".
You can check for evil deeds in the the Catholic Churh here but focus on the pedophile cases there, which even has a whole Wikipedia article here.

Now just like the JW, the catholic church also have accusations of cover up from top priests in rome here.

With these, would you consider the catholic a cult?

Sure, there were cases of cover up in Australia but this does not mean it happens everywhere in JW or that it's part of their general "secret cult doctrine". It's just human error.
‎Charles Taze Russell won't approve of this.

Btw, i've not watched the video of the affected mother yet, it's 59 minutes angry, will do so when i get home.

1 Like

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
4kings:

Let's look at similar(and even worse) scenarios, "The Catholic Church".
You can check for evil deeds in the the Catholic Churh here but focus on the pedophile cases there, which even has a whole Wikipedia article here.

Now just like the JW, the catholic church also have accusations of cover up from top priests in rome here.

With these, would you consider the catholic a cult?

Sure, there were cases of cover up in Australia but this does not mean it happens everywhere in JW or that it's part of their general "secret cult doctrine". It's just human error.
‎Charles Taze Russell won't approve of this.

Btw, i've not watched the video of the affected mother yet, it's 59 minutes angry, will do so when i get home.

All you have to do is scroll to the appropriate point in the video, at 47:00 minutes.

I'm sure that the Roman Catholic Church has had instances covering up pedophilia. That is wrong. Many catholics have stood up and spoken against it, even on NL here. That is not my point though.

My point which comes from the way the the discussions here have been conducted by JWs is that the way you argue and think has been controlled by 6 people in Kingdom Hall in Brooklyn. And as such it is impossible for you to rise and condemn the practices of the church regarding pedophilia.

I wouldn't call Catholic a mind control cult because there is a divergence of opinion by Catholics on various theological issues. If Roman catholicism was a mind control cult then no Catholic would be able to stand up to criticise the actions of the church. Roman Catholic church has confessed and asked for forgiveness for many things that it has done in the past.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/20/pope-francis-asks-for-forgiveness-for-churchs-role-in-rwanda-genocide

JW has never and CAN NEVER do the same because it is not in their modus operandi. Even when they make blatantly wrong predictions that don't happen they try instead to cover it up or explain it away than admit they were wrong.

It happens everywhere. I repeat, I've heard of instances in almost every continent. In the last video I posted the discussants were in the UK.

I've got an explanation for it.

I believe that Pedophiles are drawn to institution where they are given control over impressionable children. This can be education, this can be churches it can be any institution. The office is there that allows them to carry out their desires unchallenged. They are drawn to such offices.

So when you have a cult like the JW that insists of blind adherence to the JW doctrines and where one mustn't criticise or object on any issue then that institution is very attractive to people with pedophile tendencies and they seek to rise in it up to that point where they can be free to fulfill their disgusting desires.

JW provides the perfect context for Pedophiles. But it starts with not being able to answer whether Ehyer means 'I Am' or not.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by truthislight: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
PastorAIO:

Kai! Pastor, You can lie o. Did you say you are just starting on the matter of attacking JW In this world? grin
That is a big fat lie, you have been on this forum from time immemorial, and your likes and Joe and the rest have been on a mission on this on nairaland.

See when you joined and you said you are getting started. It rather appeared you are an old timer. Lol.

(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To PastorAIO
Time registered: April 02, 2008
Time spent online: 3 months
View PastorAIO's posts (7830) | View PastorAIO's topics (153)
Section Most Active In: Religion

PastorAIO:

Actually the bible was originally in Greek and the Roman catholic Pope Damasius commisioned the Latin bible so that in western europe where they spoke Latin, not greek, the common people could understand it. that is why it is called the Vulgate from the Latin word for 'common'. Also where we get the word Vulgar.

The problem with you is that it is people like us that are not expert in Latin, Hebrews and Greek language that you keep speaking this foreign ancient languages to and expecting me to understand and give a explanations on, while you leave those that are expert on it to sleep. LOL grin
That is why i don't answer you when you get started, when you start forming local champion among laymen. Find your mate on those languages and leave us to rest. The orthodox Churches use to compulsorily send their priest to learn Latin while they leave the bible in that dead language of Latin and the ordinary people like me could not read the Latin Bible. They were at the mercy of the priest to know what is in the Bible. That is what i call evil control mechanism. Till today, this Orthodox churches still pray on their loud speakers using Latin to the church members.
While they leave the Bible in that dead language, they go on teaching the people Purgatory, they will progress to ask them to pay money for prayers for the soul of the dead to be moved from Purgatory to heaven grin

Smart way you guys made money eeh. LOL. grin

PastorAIO:

It was generally understood that there was a problem with translations. There is so much nuance that is lost in translation and that is why the Church was very apprehensive about translations because of the effects it could have on distorting doctrines.

For that reason the church were killing those they found with bible and translating bible right? As exemplary Christians i supposed their acts were right, same anger like the one you are venting out on this thread because someone dared to argue a Bible stance with a Church father like You right. grin

Between you and the others, who is exuding evil and bitterness now? Like father like son. If not for internet you would have been plotting to get people killed for arguing the Bible with you. Christ will be very impressed with you and your kind. How Christ like!

PastorAIO:

You think I'm as shallow as you.

No, you are not. You are a PASTOR grin How can a pastor be shallowgrin
With the ability to speak many Ancient Languages and does not collect salary from it in the Church. cool

PastorAIO:

Unlike you it is not about winning for me.
Yeah True!

You never said you won. grin

You can lie o. How are we then sure that those your Hebrew and Greek grammar you have blowing for us that don't understand it is not containing lies since you can lie on simple things like the above?
Denying what you just said some few post back.

The next think i will add to your name is Mr liar. Na lie? have you not lied just now by saying you won the Thread and later denied saying so?

PastorAIO:

The fact that I won is neither here nor there. And no, it does not give contentment. Stop thinking that everyone else is as shallow as you. You think that you can bribe me to keep quiet by saying that I won. Think again!

Lol. See you trying to lie on my head. Was it me that said you won or i was just quoting you? cool

How can one trust you self again?

And you need to stop having hot temper and anger, it is not really Christ like. Like a Christian you claimed to be.

PastorAIO:

I wish you peace too.

Thanks kiss
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Below is just to refresh your Lying brain when you posted that the argument has already been won since you reset to default lying mode:

PastorAIO:
The argument has already been won, since you've failed to answer any of my basic questions.

See the Time on this thread and page that it is copied from here:
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 7:43pm On Nov 18

2 Likes

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
truthislight:

Just to get it clear who brought up the issue of winning.
Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
truthislight:

Kai! Pastor, You can lie o. Did you say you are just starting on the matter of attacking JW In this world? grin
That is a big fat lie, you have been on this forum from time immemorial, and your likes and Joe and the rest have been on a mission on this on nairaland.

See when you joined and you said you are getting started. It rather appeared you are an old timer. Lol.

(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To PastorAIO
Time registered: April 02, 2008
Time spent online: 3 months
View PastorAIO's posts (7830) | View PastorAIO's topics (153)
Section Most Active In: Religion

Good gosh, I have been on Nairaland for quite a long time you are right there. But where you are lying is where you say that I've been attacking Jehovah's Witnesses since I came to Nairaland. I haven't even addressed the JW matter in any thread. If you say I have then you have to show me the thread where I did. Otherwise, hold your peace

I started investigating JW when I got shocked by the manner that you and JMAN are conducting the discussion. It is pitiful. And now you want to scatter the issue by spewing random nonsense at length and tossing ad hominems back and forth in the hope that it will obfuscate the issue. O ma se o!

Like I said, I'm investigating JW and as I dig up more info I'll be posting it. Why? to better understand your methods of argument so that if I or anyone else engages you in discussion again we'll know what to expect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? by PastorAIO: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
truthislight:

The problem with you is that it is people like us that are not expert in Latin, Hebrews and Greek language that you keep speaking this foreign ancient languages to and expecting me to understand and give a explanations on, while you leave those that are expert on it to sleep. LOL grin
That is why i don't answer you when you get started, when you start forming local champion among laymen. Find your mate on those languages and leave us to rest. The orthodox Churches use to compulsorily send their priest to learn Latin while they leave the bible in that dead language of Latin and the ordinary people like me could not read the Latin Bible. They were at the mercy of the priest to know what is in the Bible. That is what i call evil control mechanism. Till today, this Orthodox churches still pray on their loud speakers using Latin to the church members.
While they leave the Bible in that dead language, they go on teaching the people Purgatory, they will progress to ask them to pay money for prayers for the soul of the dead to be moved from Purgatory to heaven grin

If you are not expert in Hebrew Latin and Greek then how can you be sure to trust the translation of the bible that you carry about. That bible was translated by your JW ogas from Greek and Hebrew. They changed many things that are integral to general christian doctrine on the basis that they are not the correct translation of the greek/hebrew. Yet you trust them.

How and Why do you trust that bible that is so different from other bibles when you don't know any greek and hebrew yourself?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population / May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) / Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.