Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,800 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers (1766 Views)

My Laptop Infested With Ransomeware Demanding For $900 / Ransomeware Preparedness; Blackberry Organizes An Event Against Ransomeware / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by stiles009(m): 1:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello guys, I am in a serious dilemma. booting my system for the first time this morning, I was greeted with a message which read thus

" All your important files were encrypted on this computer.
You can verify this by click on see files an try open them.
Encryption was produced using unique public key RSA-1024 generated for this computer.
To decrypted files, you need to obtain private key.
The single copy of the private key, with will allow you to decrypt the files, is locate on a secret server on the internet.
The server will destroy the key within 78 hours after encryption completed.
To retrieve the private key, you need to Contact us by email , send us an email your DECRYPT-ID-29b5a3d0-c66f-4724-b5d1-322f92867f0e number
and wait for further instructions.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files - you can send us a single encrypted file and we will send you back it in a decrypted form.
Please do not waste your time! You have 72 hours only! After that The Main Server will double your price!
E-MAILS ADRESS:
Poul.back@techie.com
poul.back@india.com"

also, all my files (music, videos, document, pictures, name it) have been encrypted to an extension of ".MOLE" and non seems to be opening no matter how much I tried opening it with the exception of already installed programs.

any help to unlock my files would be highly welcome.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by stiles009(m): 1:31am On Apr 21, 2017
screen grap attached

Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by stiles009(m): 1:32am On Apr 21, 2017
the ransom note

Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by UncleJJ(m): 5:11am On Apr 21, 2017
Stop downloading junk off the internet. I am on the internet 24.7 and in 3 years not one virus and i use windows.

WTF
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by persius555(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Op, you downloaded a spam mail contain the .mole file extention ransomeware. It simply remodified your windows registry file and encrypted all your files with RSA 1024 key. If your window shadow copies have been deleted then you have no choice but to pay up.

I will advice you to quickly backup all your files as there might still be a chance of recovering your document.

Always backup your files regularly.

1 Like

Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 21, 2017
I don't understand what's happening says a Linux user
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by persius555(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2017
pcguru1:
I don't understand what's happening says a Linux user
grin.
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by computerboy: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2017
There's nothing you can do bro. If you have important files then pay if not then move on. It's not an "abeg" matter. The yahoo boy would probably be somewhere waiting for alert.

Next time if you must download anything from untrusted sender/website, do it with your phone
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by stiles009(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
Seems no other way than formatting. Thanks y'all
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by Laird(m): 11:07am On Apr 22, 2017
Always backup your files on drop box
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by mrjojo: 11:28am On Apr 22, 2017
You can use a ransomeware ware remover, will post a link later.
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by aril: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hi.. This is ur only solution and I guess you should act on it as quickly as possible. Follow these instructions and you should be fine.

Check the link for instructions
https://www.bitdefender.com/tech-assist/self-help/removing-police-themed-ransomware-malware.html

Install bit defender on your laptop to guide u from unwanted hackers..

Be well..
Re: RANSOMEWARE!!! All My Computer Files Encrypted and held to randsome by hackers by stiles009(m): 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
aril:
Hi.. This is ur only solution and I guess you should act on it as quickly as possible. Follow these instructions and you should be fine.

Check the link for instructions
https://www.bitdefender.com/tech-assist/self-help/removing-police-themed-ransomware-malware.html

Install bit defender on your laptop to guide u from unwanted hackers..

Be well..

I've long removed and stop d spreading of the malware, however my files still remain in ".mole" extension and are unusable. Any help as to how they can be decrypted ?

(1) (Reply)

Puppy Linux - A Superb Smart Small Fast And Versatile Linux Distro / New NEC Multisync Ea273wmi 27 Inch FHD Monitor / Airtel Bundle Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.