Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) (5494 Views)

Glo Everyday Bonanza Car Winner Says All His Family Will Join Glo Network / Get 6.4GB/60 Days On Glo Network With N1000 / I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by lalasticlala(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
For over a month now, I have been having hitches browsing with glo network on chrome, Firefox, internet explorer, both on mobile and on computers.

I noticed that I can't access the "religious", "new" features on nairaland with glo, I also can't modify and open some selected topics.

A times after modifying a topic, I can't open that thread again with glo.

But the glo network only works on Ucweb, Opera Mini.

This has forced me to dump glo for MTN that works perfectly in all the browsers. I used to do the N8000 glo subscription per month, but due to this issue, I did the N5k subscription & the last one I did was that of N1k subscription, while going for MTN bulk subscription which has been serving me perfectly.

Nairalanders, please who else is experiencing these problems of browsing with glo on Nairaland? Kindly share your experiences.

UPDATE:

It's now working well on chrome.
Firefox still has hitches. The "religion" & "new" features not opening on Firefox. Any suggestion?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by tonaydo(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
I am not understanding

2 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by ikombe: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2017

Glo na network grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by yomi007k(m): 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
grin

Ruin Your World, Glo with pride.

6 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by SexyNairalander: 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
booked

lalasticlala wetin you want make we yan, I use glo also apart from their slow network my nairaland do open without any fault
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by VickyRotex(f): 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lala, how much MTN pay you to advertise them? grin grin grin

I think someone else is experiencing this.

classicB, I think this is what you experienced when you said this.

classicB:

I dunno what's wrong with nairaland. I can't even open the thread again. I had to create another one cry

You use Glo?
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by SammieLowkey(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
I for say 'karma is a b**ch' but u no dey ban anyhow lyk dat oda guy.
But sha I pray make dem restrict u 4rm celebrities section too make BBNaija news reduce small grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by eleojo23: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Glo, Slow with pride!

3 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Donald3d(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
Its easy ,I use glo too .
Its not just Nairaland ,other sites too.

I am a programmer so I found a work around .

My hypothesis : Glo tends to block some specific links when it has or passes too many requests , or seems suspicious in any way ,or takes time to load (in some instances).I can't really say why , but they block some links/pages,even on other sites.

Solution:
1.Get a vpn software , there are free ones you can use ,Opera for PC (the latest version) has an inbuilt vpn switch,it solves the problem of not being able to access certain pages,or links .
2.If you don't have a VPN software or dont want to get one , you can "trick" GLO or send a dummy request.
For example , you want to access www.nairaland.com/religion
Change it to www.nairaland.com/relgion/? or www.nairaland.com/relgion/?anything=anything
3.You can resolve it again by adding double slashes at the end of the link eg
https://www.nairaland.com/lalasticlala//

NOTE:Depending on the way the site is built 2 and 3 might not work , but 1 always works .

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by snezBaba: 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
SammieLowkey:
I for say 'karma is a b**ch' but u no dey ban anyhow lyk dat oda guy.
But sha I pray make dem restrict u 4rm celebrities section too make BBNaija news reduce small grin grin
Say his name na cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
But I am also using Glo and I am able to access all sections of Nairaland

On a lighter note, you sure say no be person you ban go table your matter for him village people

5 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by cassidy1996(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
I also observed the same thing, sometimes Glo sucks

2 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Omotayor123(f): 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
Glo network has always been bad here. so I don't recharge not to talk of subscribing on it.
Them too dey vex me.

Lemme invite wristbangle he might have a solution for Op since he's a lover of Glocheesy
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by petux(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
8k sub per months? Are you browsing the book of life?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by lalasticlala(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

lalasticlala wetin you want make we yan, I use glo also apart from their slow network my nairaland do open without any fault

Which browser do you use?

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by KennyID17(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
cassidy1996:
I also observed the same thing, sometimes Glo sucks

U mean most times? undecided
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by lalasticlala(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:
But I am also using Glo and I am able to access all sections of Nairaland

On a lighter note, you sure say no be person you ban go table your matter for him village people

Which browser are you browsing with?
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by sisisioge: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
It's not a new development bro lala, I had this issue all through January and February... I had to port to airtel to fully browse the forum and others. For a long time I thought it was an issue with the forum until I did the needful grin
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by miqos02(m): 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
haba
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by wristbangle: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omotayor123:
Glo network has always been bad here. so I don't recharge not to talk of subscribing on it.
Them too dey vex me.

Lemme invite wristbangle he might have a solution for Op since he's a lover of Glocheesy

My hypothesis : Glo tends to block some specific links when it has or passes too many requests , or seems suspicious in any way ,or takes time to load (in some instances).I can't really say why , but they block some links/pages,even on other sites.

Solution:
1.Get a vpn software , there are free ones you can use ,Opera for PC (the latest version) has an inbuilt vpn switch,it solves the problem of not being able to access certain pages,or links .
2.If you don't have a VPN software or dont want to get one , you can "trick" GLO or send a dummy request.
Change it to www.nairaland.com/relgion/? or www.nairaland.com/relgion/?anything=anything
https://www.nairaland.com/lalasticlal//

NOTE:Depending on the way the site is built 2 and 3 might not work , but 1 always works .

That is the answer. cool.

Sometimes I experience this difficulties too when I try a request severally

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by cassidy1996(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
KennyID17:

U mean most times? undecided
It happens everytime, what's up with Glo ? What are they trying to protect
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Omotayor123(f): 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
wristbangle:

Solution:
https://www.nairaland.com/lalasticlal//

That is the answer. cool.

Sometimes I experience this difficulties too when I try a request severally
oh. I see. i guess you're Right.

BTW, are you donald3d
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by UncleSnr(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Donald3d:

Solution:
https://www.nairaland.com/lalasticlala//

It worked... the Number 2
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by wristbangle: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omotayor123:

oh. I see. i guess you're Right.

BTW, are you donald3d

No dear. I only picked what he explain which is in line with what I wanted to say earlier

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
lalasticlala:

Which browser are you browsing with?
Chrome and Opera mini
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by lalasticlala(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Chrome and Opera mini

Pls Try clicking on "religion" and "new" on home page with chrome using glo
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by totit: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
lalasticlala:
For over a month now, I have been having hitches browsing with glo network on chrome, Firefox, internet explorer, both on mobile and on computers.

I noticed that I can't access the "religious", "new" features on nairaland with glo, I also can't modify and open some selected topics.

A times after modifying a topic, I can't open that thread again with glo.

But the glo network only works on Ucweb, Opera Mini.

This has forced me to dump glo for MTN that works perfectly in all the browsers. I used to do the N8000 glo subscription per month, but due to this issue, I did the N5k subscription & the last one I did was that of N1k subscription, while going for MTN bulk subscription which has been serving me perfectly.

Nairalanders, please who else is experiencing these problems of browsing with glo on Nairaland? Kindly share your experiences.

Brosss... No be lie. Infact it's same case I have been struggling with. Initially I thought it was my browser.

No be small thing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
lalasticlala:

Pls Try clicking on "religion" and "new" on home page with chrome using glo

See boss.
It opened without any hitches.
Last picture was necessary so that you will confirm that I am really using Glo

1 Like

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by SammieLowkey(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
snezBaba:

Say his name na cheesy
lol.. mynd what u say else you receive 44 strokes of wet koboko grin

5 Likes

Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by KennyID17(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
cassidy1996:

It happens everytime, what's up with Glo ? What are they trying to protect

Like dey have anything to protect

Pathetic network angry
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
SammieLowkey:

lol.. mynd what u say else you receive 44 strokes of wet koboko grin

Genius
I am impressed
Re: Glo Network Blocks Parts Of Nairaland? (Religion Section, Etc) by SammieLowkey(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Genius
I am impressed
wehdone sir! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia 9 Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) / My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria / Itel Java Phone Not Browsing On MTN Network Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.