Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:35 AM

EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com (1373 Views)

EFCC Has Arrested Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's Lawyer — Reno Omokri / EFCC Has Frozen All My Accounts, I Can’t Feed My Family –Olisa Metuh / How Much The EFCC Has Recovered From Whistleblowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
The Commission had earlier traced N4billion to two accounts in GTBank, both linked to Mr Liman - The funds were said to have been siphoned from the local government joint account of Niger state

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is considering
declaring a former Commissioner of Local Government in Niger State,
Kantigi Liman, wanted after a further N2billion was traced to his
United Bank for Africa account by the agency.

Premium Times reports that the discovery, according to EFCC insider
brings to N6 billion funds traced to accounts held by the politician and
companies linked to him.

NAIJ.com gathered that the Commission had weeks earlier traced N4billion to two accounts in GTBank, both linked to Mr Liman. The first
account belongs to Sadiq Air Travel Agency Limited and the second to
Kantigi.

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,
Ibrahim Magu during an interactive session with staff of the
Commission to mark its 14th year anniversary.

Sources at the Commission however disclosed that the politician, who
was a governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party in the
2015 election, has been elusive.

“He is on the run and all efforts to track him down have been futile.
The next option left for the Commission is to declare him wanted,” the
source said.

The source further disclosed that investigations so far indicated the
funds were siphoned from the local government joint account of Niger
State.

“The Commission desperately wants Liman, to confront him with the
available evidence,” the source said. He is believed to rake in a monthly
interest of over N33million on the fixed deposits.”

Mr Liman could not be reached for comments Friday morning.

When contacted, EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed Mr
Liman was being investigated.

“It is an ongoing investigation so I am not able to provide details at
this time,” he said.

www-naij-com.0.freebasics.com/1100638-top-pdp-chieftain-trouble-efcc-uncovers-n6billion-bank-accounts.html?iorg_service_id_internal=692981340802115">https://https-www-naij-com.0.freebasics.com/1100638-top-pdp-chieftain-trouble-efcc-uncovers-n6billion-bank-accounts.html?iorg_service_id_internal=692981340802115%3BAfqmIh7fGjATtuNJ
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by MrEverest(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
What a country!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by RALPHOW(m): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
WHAT TYPE OF POLITICIANS ARE THESE FOR GOD SAKE.
POVERTUY IS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN THE NORTH AND THESE GUYS ATTEND CHURCH AND MOSQUE LIKE SAINTS
GOD BLESS GMB
GOD BLESS OSINBAJO
GOD BLESS MAGU
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN IN JESUS NAME

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
I wonder what can be recovered if such investigation to be conducted on high profile looterrrs like Atiku and his boss Obasanjo
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by Suspense12(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
I stand with FG efforts in bringing down corruption... Imagine 6bn accountable to just one man and the money lying in the account.... I wonder how much he will have buried in his soak away or in a graveyard...

Abeg, pass me d Whistle...I am going Hunting!
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by fyneguy: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
N33M monthly interest on a fixed deposit? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by oyinkinola: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
RALPHOW:
WHAT TYPE OF POLITICIANS ARE THESE FOR GOD SAKE.
POVERTUY IS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN THE NORTH AND THESE GUYS ATTEND CHURCH AND MOSQUE LIKE SAINTS
GOD BLESS GMB
GOD BLESS OSINBAJO
GOD BLESS MAGU
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN IN JESUS NAME

...Amen!
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by oyinkinola: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Suspense12:
I stand with FG efforts in bringing down corruption... Imagine 6bn accountable to just one man and the money lying in the account.... I wonder how much he will have buried in his soak away or in a graveyard...

Abeg, pass me d Whistle...I am going Hunting!
.....have one!
make sure you blow a big blow!
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by Achuwa1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
When they get to the court of law they will loose the case coz they have no concrete evidence. EFCC & media trial are like rice & beans
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
Damn
Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by yemmight(m): 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Magu is the best EFCC Chair so far. If anyone like, you can disagree but that is the fact.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Traced N6b To An Ex-pdp Governorship Candidate-naij.com by YoriYoris: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
[s]
post=86780487:
Damn
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Biafra And Ipob : Igbos Pls Come In Here For Your Own Good / Seven Nigerians Make List Of 20 Richest Pastors In The World / Nigeria’ll Boil If Kanu Is Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.