Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,928 members, 7,799,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person (4387 Views)

Poll: How should i quit?

Call her and tell her it is over: 23% (5 votes)
Send her a text that it is over: 28% (6 votes)
Invite her for an urgent date and tell her it is over: 42% (9 votes)
Love is blind, i should continue with the relationship: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2010
Let us break down the story:

Part 1: I fell in love with this wonderful girl. .and everything woz going on fine. .

Part 2: I discovered the girl was still going out with her ex (when she told me she already quited)

Part 3: she said she was trying to make up her mind on whether to stay with me or her ex

Part 4: she was stalling for about 2 months, and refused to talk abt anything relating to her ex

Part 5: i believe i have been patient enough, and decided to quit and move on with my life

Normally, i would have quited around part 2, but for some reasons, i have to be a bit careful, bcause
she is rather like a fiancee to me, but not yet made official. But my mind is made up.

Now, what is the best method of annoucing my retirement and be taken seriously? will a simple phone
call do it, or i should sit her down and tell her my final decision?

Double-dating is not my way, it is one serious girl = my life is rather too complicated to manage more than
one girl at a time.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by funkybaby(f): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2010
sit her down and tell her it's over.

i would have pleaded you reconsider and forgive but her crime of double dating (cheating) is wrong undecided undecided and to think she has been stalling for two months undecided

you are patient sef. i did not even do anything near the crime of your babe before my ex sat me down for similiar convo few days to christmas angry cry angry
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 9:25am On Jan 04, 2010
thanks funky. .i think if a guy is too straightforward and honest atimes, it is seen as a form of weakness
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by funkybaby(f): 9:28am On Jan 04, 2010
MyHonour:

thanks funky. .i think if a guy is too straightforward and honest atimes, it is seen as a form of weakness

Nope. I do not agree with you. Being straightforward and honest is no sign of weakness oh.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by Gabry(f): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2010
Gabry : I say SMS her telling her this: Since you have no respect for my feelings, therefore you can go to hell and suck your ex's cock daily. WIsh you a happy life! AMEN
Gabry : WHO CARES
Gabry : I wouldnt!
Gabry : If she can go out with someone behind my back, she doesnt deserve my respect at all
Gabry : Seriously!
Gabry : U should just treat her like shit
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 9:31am On Jan 04, 2010
funkybaby:

Nope. I do not agree with you. Being straightforward and honest is no sign of weakness oh.
This is the 4th time i will have to kick out a chic for double-dating. I think it is because i always
shower my girlffriends with love and everything, and treat them like angels - possibly makes
them too secure - or maybe i have just not met the right person.

But this one is different, she never quited with her ex, and lied to me that she was single.
And latter lied to the ex that i was just a friend. and words got around. .
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by johnnygan(m): 9:40am On Jan 04, 2010
I wanna respond to the topic now. Will respond to body later, If u started the date over phone, call it quits over phone. If you started the date live and direct, omo just break it up live and direct.
If She's meant for you, she'd come back knocking your door down. You can only open, i.e if you truly want her back.
Did i say I'll comment on the subject's body later? No long thing jooooh!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by freecocoa(f): 9:51am On Jan 04, 2010
Sit her down pour out ur hrt 2 her & see hw it goes.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by funkybaby(f): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2010
MyHonour:

This is the 4th time i will have to kick out a chic for double-dating. I think it is because i always
shower my girlffriends with love and everything, and treat them like angels - possibly makes
them too secure - or maybe i have just not met the right person.

But this one is different, she never quited with her ex, and lied to me that she was single.
And latter lied to the ex that i was just a friend. and words got around. .

4th time? sorry !
i do not think it has to do with you showering your girls with love. maybe you never set the rules from the onset.

my ex told me from the very begining that it has to be 'him and him only'. he made that very clear and i agreed.

besides, it depends on the type of relationship you have with your babes. If you are always in their faces and you communicate very often and spend almost every spare time together, where will she have the time, space and energy to double-date  undecided
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by chika98: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2010
If nothing any sensible woman would love and respect you more when you show affections. It is really appealing when a man is bold enough to show and say how he feels.

With that said, considering the fact you at some point thought about marrying her; I'd say to really explain yourself meet up and tell her that you are done. This will give you and her closure.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by Nautillus(m): 9:59am On Jan 04, 2010
By the phone. . .or . . .in person, . .Same difference. . .She will get the message anyhow IF you use the right words and intonation, . .gbam grin grin grini have tried both . . .and the were both very effective at relaying the message . . . grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by mendax: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
face 2 face if u r brave enof cool
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2010
Since you said she is more like ur fiancee,do u think confronting her or telling her off on fone will help ur emotions?You have a kinda strong feelings for and am very sure u dont have the courage to tell her u want to quit.
Why not act like a real man and fashy her for the time being.Dont boither to call her or look around for her.No text also.Then see if she will run back to you or finally stick with her ex.If she comes back you can now sit her down and talk sense into her head that she either stays with you or get lost for life.
With this i think she will respect you.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by chibenwa(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
bros i think you dont need an angel
to tell what to do.
can u cope wit a girl double dating?u said no.
then wat ar u waiting for 4.
call her on phone and tell her its over simple.4get
abt hunting emotions here.be a guy.

wether u call her on phone or u invite her
its the samething. wat will be will be.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by Ben13: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
@topic

How? Tell him/ her your mind and leave at once.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by hbabe(f): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
I agree with Nikkykay's suggestions. If the girl doesn't come running back, the whole r/s can then a natural death. That's what I would do to an insensitive and indecisive partner like your gf. All the best
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by whitelexi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2010
Best way is in person - no need to sit down sha, however, she doesn't deserve your respect anyways and may not appreciate you doing it in person so feel free to do it over the phone as well. . . In short, send her a one line txt message! angry
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
hbabe:

I agree with Nikkykay's suggestions. If the girl doesn't come running back, the whole r/s can then a natural death. That's what I would do to an insensitive and indecisive partner like your gf. All the best
Thanks ladie. A couple of good advices here surely.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by kokonets(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
Guy, i think u really dont look b4 u leap! haba this is the 4th time. My advice is investigate properly b4 u commit as a gal who readily be with whoever can make her comfortable dats y the gals always lie bout having r/ships thereby breaking ur heart
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by jidesamuel(m): 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
bro,
dont forget the saying "SILENCE IS GOLDEN" dont bother to contact her for sometime,with this she wont be able to predict what u have in mind,that fear alone could mean a threat to her life,she will respect that than u confronting or calling her to put an end to the R/S.
if she's yours she will always come back like the prodigal son and if not,just assume she's not the best for you,u can look for another girl u think is more reasonable than her and continue your life from there,
wish u luck
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
kokonets:

Guy, i think u really dont look b4 u leap! haba this is the 4th time. My advice is investigate properly b4 u commit as a gal who readily be with whoever can make her comfortable dats y the gals always lie bout having r/ships thereby breaking your heart
are you sure i dont look properly. what if someone changes in the middle of a relationship?
But i think you have made a point there sha - maybe i should have investigated the ex tongue
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by na2day2(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
just send her a text message saying u found sum1 else that is not attached to her ex
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
na2day?:

just send her a text message saying u found sum1 else that is not attached to her ex
Hmm. rather interesting.

Updates:
[About Her]
I tried setting up a meeting today, but she said she is travelling
tomorow morning, and i may not see her for maybe some weeks or a month.
(Unless i decide to visit her bcause traveling to visit her will mean i[b] will have to spend the nite
there[/b] - which is certainly not going to happen in this movie).

[At my end]
There was a girl i met abt 2 months ago. . .that i have been investigating. .

[How i discovered her ex]
At the begining of the relationship:
How wahala started was that she told me her mother knew her ex. Then i noticed she made
sure i never met her mother - she looks for all sort of silly excuses. That made me suspect
something must be up - but i decided to keep quiet and see what will happen.

At the begining of the relationship, i decided to add her on facebook as my girlfriend because
i suspected that if she is still involved with her ex, that she might find a way to refuse that
idea. But she said i should go ahead that she has no problem with that. So i added her,
some of NLers that have my facebook profile will have noticed that i have removed her as
my gf on facebook.
So latter, the real boyfriend now noticed that, and that was where the war started
. . .and then i learnt that her she never broke up with her ex (so she lied to me right from the
start of the relationship) * and with that alone * i will never trust her again, no matter what she
says.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by na2day2(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
dude, u are wasting time, shoot her! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
na2day?:

dude, u are wasting time, shoot her!  angry angry angry angry angry
what part of her should I shoot?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by chocomillo(f): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
Get another girlfriend invite them both to your house and let them fight it out.Lol wink
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by jenibayo(f): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
stop calling her and don't pick her call then she will know u don't want her any more.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by na2day2(m): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2010
MyHonour:

what part of her should I shoot?

head first
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2010
lol
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by ruskiee(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2010
She played you, no doubt about that.
No need worrying about any explanations or a formula to use to quit the relationship.
She left you a long time ago, you didn't see the writings on the walls.

Just move on with yourself. Pretty soon, you'd find someone who really adores you, and won't take you for granted.
All the best. Cheers!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by MyHonour(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
thanks ruskee. i guess it is finally over. i must move on
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship : Over The Phone Or In Person by sentimentalsoul(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2010
the best way should be thru ur behavior, O pa ri.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Were A...... / She Cheated On Me And She S Now Begging / Is It Wrong To Have Sex On Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.