Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! (34490 Views)

How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / Be Careful Where You Sit At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by VanBommel(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
khalids:

Bros I think you need to go for medical checkup fast......woman give you bj the thing no stand.....see yawa....By the way I recommend..Opaeyin, toumbolo, omega55, pkakurumo... cool
no mind the impo.tent motherf.uck.er
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by drnoel: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
gbegemaster:
A man complaining of being sexually harassed by a woman, should be apprehended and forced to change his gender.

I keep saying that before you start to understand a woman, she has already analyzed and placed you appropriately. She knows the type of men she can try those type of games with.

The simple solution is to man up.

Words spoken like a true naive myopic person. These kind of men should be repeatedly flogged. So cos u are male u think u are the superior sex? Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by drnoel: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
botad:
Really it happens, if you have never experienced something before, don't be in a hurry to condemn the notion.

I once worked in an organization as a young graduate and a particular married woman in my team was all over me to have affairs with her. The harassment got to a stage where the HR (a woman too) had to call this woman in my defence. I have to ask for transfer to our branch in Abuja before I finally escaped from the lady.

* Check my signature!

Has happened to me before but story for another time

3 Likes

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by VanBommel(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
jhudit:

You are very very senseless but have no one to tell you.
What is justification about that post?
That illustration is wrong! If you didn't understand my question then ask questions and stop showing your stupidity.

In case you still don't get it, that question is like saying "would you want an ugly fat man to rape you?" Nobody will desire rape, irrespective of the offenders physical look...!
I know you still won't get it, dumb men.
you're still not making sense undecided
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by gbegemaster(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
drnoel:

Words spoken like a true naive myopic person. These kind of men should be repeatedly flogged. So cos u are male u think u are the superior sex? Smh
Ah ah! See me see wahala oh. Where did I mention superiority?
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by gbegemaster(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gmajor:

This post reeks of ignorance. Don't you know that TRYING to seduce a man is sexual harassment?
I don't think I was trying to DEFINE sexual harassment.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Jammiiee(m): 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
grin :Du sabi dem wella o wink
Booyakasha:
This may be wrong, but something common I noticed with women that sexually harrass men is that they're usually in a position where they're sexually voracious, but unable to fulfill it in some way; such as having long work hours that don't let them socialize, or negligent husband/boyfriends who still hold the title "husband/boyfriend."
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Jammiiee(m): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
I sabi as dox naked aunties dey carry u up n down, wen u lay on them on the bed angry at a point they thought u were still small but didn't know dt baba don sabi sad angry
M2dX:
When i still small , i saw things, nobody know till now.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Jammiiee(m): 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
grin cheesy walahi this Jamie Vardy na case, each time i see this meme, I roll, laving angry angry

undecided
emeijeh:
Harassment dey everywhere
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by M2dX(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
Jammiiee:
I sabi as dox naked aunties dey carry u up n down, wen u lay on them on the bed angry at a point they thought u were still small but didn't know dt baba don sabi sad angry
that is not what i mean, some bad girls sexual harass me, i dont know what they are doing to me that time becouse i was just a kid, will i call it rep? i dont know. And i know there are many guys out there who exprince thesame things when they are kid.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by binhozie(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
missyadorable:
How can a man be complaining of sexual harrassment?
Men always want sex...Something they chase,spend money on,tell lies to get being offered on a platter of gold irrespective of the person or location is a plus

having sex with his boss/colleague at work is a mega achievement.Something to discuss with the guys at a bar over chilled beer and be applauded and envied by peers.

Unless a child under 18years,there is nothing like male sexual harrassment.
An invitation for sex is every man's dream.

Stop generalizing your statement you haven't met every man or have you, different strokes for different folks maybe you need to change d company you keep, for some sex is sacred and after marriage only
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nothing like male sexual harrasment
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hiccups:
Men faces more harassment at work place than ladies #Fact. Ladies mostly get Harassed by their boss, the case of men is completely different, since co-workers, superiors, interiors, and even customers do harass men more. Unfortunately, the society will consider any man reporting such cases as weakling. I have repeatedly seen & experienced such, but I handled it as a gentleman tongue

Please stop handling it like a gentleman and shame the woman who does this to you. Unwanted attention is still unwanted no matter the gender.
Don't let somebody put in a rape case because of "gentleman".
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
holluphemydavid:
Ok, it's more preferable for me for a lady to make d sexual advances, den I will comply Dan NE making d move and later termed as sexual harassment, like wot a poster above me said any man Dat complain sexually harassed from a lady shud be apprehended and forced to change his gender, I support Dat lol

Sexual advances and sexual harassment is not the same thing.

If you face sexual harassment pls, raise alarm, and if it borders on force or violence, don't say because you're a man, please and please report to the authorities.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 3:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
stinggy:

Really? have you been in such situation before? Even religious men are victims of workplace sexual harassment by women.

Pls help me tell him o. I don't why men are their own enemy.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
MhizTenderly:
I don't think so.

It's very true. Men are sexually harassed, my their co-workers, by their bosses, sometimes by their own gender.

We need more men to come out and raise alarm about this issue.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
tempex88:
Men are sexually harassed but they don't make a big deal of it. I doubt if it's as much as women sha

And they should. They should make a big deal out of it. This is why little boys are often scared to report when they are being molested by an older aunty or uncle. You older men most imbibe in them this culture of being able to speak out by leading by example. You must also talk about the harassment experiences you have as an adult male.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
There's nothing we can do about it in Nigeria cuz you and me know that Nigeria is a lawless country.....

anyways this maybe useful

do you have skills, do you own a company, do you own a business, but you don't know how to promote it? you don't know who your targeted audience are? is your business crashing down?
Final Say Business Solutions is here for you...
Let us promote your business for you, let us connect you to clients all over the globe, let us revive that dying business/company for you...
Contact Final say Business Solution today and you'll be glad you did.
Call Michael for more info... 07031041675

I'm sorry but that is a bad excuse. There is something we can do about it. We must continue trying, keep on persevering till the issue is raised to the fore in all forms of media.
Let us not wait till it becomes an epidemic.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
CareerHubAfrica:
Google ‘Sexual Harassment in the Workplace’ and you will discover that 90 percent of the image results you see depicts a woman being harassed by a man.

Women are 9 times more vulnerable to sexual harassment at work than men. This may be true, but have you ever stopped to think how often men are subjected to such things?

Sexual harassment is an unwanted sexual advance or request for sexual favor usually done physically or verbally. It can be from boss to subordinate, supervisor to subordinate or even co-worker to co-worker. Sexual harassment is a silent epidemic that has eaten deep into the Nigerian workplace. Actually, it has become so common that people are beginning to see it as a norm. Statements like these have become the order of the day – “As long as there is a boss and a subordinate somewhere, irrespective of gender, there will always be sexual harassment”. “It is normal”. “Don’t make a big deal out of it”. To make it worse, the economic situation of the country makes many succumb to harassment, even when they find it disturbing. They refuse to speak up for fear of losing their jobs.

Undoubtedly, men are responsible for a good number of sexual harassment in the workplace. But men are also targets and victims of this same menace, and we often forget that. Maybe it seems like it doesn’t exist because most men actually deal with the harassment head on and then shrug it off. Let me give you a typical scenario.

Jane, a female staff of a small food processing company, harassed a new intern assigned to work with her department. She constantly made snide comments and asked him offensive questions like “How large is your pen***”.

At some point, she started taking it as far as groping him whenever they were alone in the office. This intern tried many times to tell her off nicely but she wouldn’t oblige. He dealt with it silently and never reported her to the authorities because he had seen her couple of times going in and out of the CEO’s office at odd times including after work hours. He thinks she is actually sleeping with the boss and if he reports this, he would be out the door before you say jack!

This is just one of many scenarios, cases like this go on in our workplaces on a daily basis. Harassment is the same, be it to a male or female and should be treated the same. The disturbing experience of harassment leaves the victim often frustrated, depressed and angry. As it is considered normal office culture, many people who go through this don’t feel confident that the problem is big enough for them to speak up.

What can we do to eradicate this bug eating itself through our workplaces?

Nigeria does not have very stringent rules with regards sexual harassment. Some people think reporting harassment cases is completely useless. Because even those you are reporting to are somewhat guilty of the same offence and you might end up with nothing or even lose the job.

So what can we do to stop this?

What do you suggest? Leave your comments below.

Article on our blog - https:///IO1xzw
So true. As an employee in those days, I received lots of harassment from women, mostly my colleague's at work. It felt so disgusting hearing such enticing words from ladies. Now that I'm a business owner, both single ad married always harass me sexually... I like your tooth gum, can you dash me? I like your eyelid, please I need some...when are you coming to abuja sweetie? Please let me know, I can come meet you anywhere you are....you look so special...I wonder what they're looking for, lol

1 Like

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
gbegemaster:
A man complaining of being sexually harassed by a woman, should be apprehended and forced to change his gender.

I keep saying that before you start to understand a woman, she has already analyzed and placed you appropriately. She knows the type of men she can try those type of games with.

The simple solution is to man up.
Please just stop saying this abeg. This excuse is why we are where we are in this issue.

Nothing like "manning up", or "testicling up". If a woman harasses you report her, and if you cannot reason her out of the nonsense she is doing, report her shikena! Either to the HR in your job place or to the police.
Let someone not go and carry rape case they did not bargain for.

Moreover this is why many men and young boys suffer in silence. Aunty will be molesting the boy, he will busy be manning up instead of exposing her, ruining his childhood forever.

Abeg stop advising men to do this.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
VanBommel:
no mind the impo.tent motherf.uck.er

Stop encouraging rape. Did he consent to the bj? Tufia
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
M2dX:
that is not what i mean, some bad girls sexual harass me, i dont know what they are doing to me that time becouse i was just a kid, will i call it rep? i dont know. And i know there are many guys out there who exprince thesame things when they are kid.

I'm so sorry about your experiences. Have you been able to open up to anybody you trust about this issue in your past? I know some of your fellow guys will laugh at you and call you names so please be careful okay.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by gbegemaster(m): 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

Please just stop saying this abeg. This excuse is why we are where we are in this issue.

Nothing like "manning up", or "testicling up". If a woman harasses you report her, and you cannot reason her out of the nonsense she is doing, report her shikena! Either to the HR in your job place or to the police.
Let someone not go and carry rape case they did not bargain for.

Moreover this is why many men and young boys suffer in silence. Aunty will be molesting the boy, he will busy be manning up instead of exposing her, ruining his childhood forever.

Abeg stop advising men to do this.
I was talking about men not boys. A full grown man shouldn't lament sexual harassment. He should man up. Let me help you like I helped someone with the definition of man up:

Cambridge: used to tell someone that they should deal with something more bravely

Oxford: Be brave or tough enough to deal with an unpleasant situation.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
gbegemaster:
I was talking about men not boys. A full grown man shouldn't lament sexual harassment. He should man up. Let me help you like I helped someone with the definition of man up:

Cambridge: used to tell someone that they should deal with something more bravely

Oxford: Be brave or tough enough to deal with an unpleasant situation.

There is nothing like "manning up" here. Coming from a woman, I say report the issue. No dey form Rambo or dem go change am for you to rape case. And the fact that you talk about it and seek help and also sensitize the society will also break the veil of silence over the younger male folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Ofemmanu1: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
M2dX:
When i still small , i saw things, nobody know till now.
shey you saw more than big tot,o and large breast ni?!
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by holluphemydavid(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

Sexual advances and sexual harassment is not the same thing.

If you face sexual harassment pls, raise alarm, and if it borders on force or violence, don't say because you're a man, please and please report to the authorities.
If a single man is sexually harass, it's OK by me, Afterall he will enjoy d pleasure, but if married, it a no no
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by M2dX(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

shey you saw more than big tot,o and large breast ni?!
is not what i mean,. Pls think normal.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
holluphemydavid:

If a single man is sexually harass, it's OK by me, Afterall he will enjoy d pleasure, but if married, it a no no

smh for you. Later you will say feminist did not say this, feminist did not say that. Sexual harassment is not a positive thing. If you keep carrying the issue like this, it will make it harder for people to take you serious when it becomes more dangerous.

All forms of sexual harassment is wrong.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Hiccups: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

Please stop handling it like a gentleman and shame the woman who does this to you. Unwanted attention is still unwanted no matter the gender.
Don't let somebody put in a rape case because of "gentleman".

I doubt the bolded,no point raising alarm of such
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by MarieSucre(f): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hiccups:

I doubt the bolded,no point raising alarm of such
Toor, that's on you.
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by Hiccups: 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

Toor, that's on you.

cool cool
Re: Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! by M2dX(m): 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
MarieSucre:

I'm so sorry about your experiences. Have you been able to open up to anybody you trust about this issue in your past? I know some of your fellow guys will laugh at you and call you names so please be careful okay.
no, i have't open up to any body, i just take it like past tense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Was The Amount Of Your First Salary? / Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion / Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.