Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,356 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:04 PM

More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills (73697 Views)

‘I Quit As Cross River Governor’- Shock As Ayade Declares / IGP Idris Blames Ortom For Benue Crisis, Shuns Display Of Victims Corpses / Florence Ita-Giwa Lays Wreath At The Scene Of Electrocution In Calabar (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by zoba88: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
CALABAR ELECTROCUTION TRAGEDY:  AYADE INTERVENES; TO PAY ALL MEDICAL BILLS FOR VICTIMS.

CRSPHCDA TO BEGIN SENSITIZATION ON BASIC LIFE SAVING SKILLS-DR BETTA EDU.

Cross River State Governor, His Excellency, Senator (Prof) Ben Ayade represented by the Deputy Governor, Prof Ivara Esu while being conducted round the emergency Ward of the University of Calabar Teaching hospital (UCTH) were victims of the Calabar electrocution are attended to said he is sad and devastated about the unfortunate incident.

He said appropriate measures will be taken by the Government to avoid reoccurrence of such incidence in the future while promising to pay all the medical bill for the survivors.

Prof Ayade went further to pray for the deceased families; urging them never to loose hope in God. The Governor who was accompanied by the Commissioner for Information, Mrs RoseMary Archibong, Mr John Inyang, Commissioner of Land & Housing and Commissioner of Power sympathized with the bereaved families while advising the youths to always be watchful of where they relax to have fun and pleasure.

Also Speaking before the arrival of the Governor, Dr Betta Edu said the incident is a very sad one for the State at this critical period. She said the Cross River State Primary Health Care Development Agency staff that were called last night to help evacuate victims to the teaching hospital have been working with the hospital to ensure the 11 persons who were brought in critical conditions to UCTH stay alive. will do everything possible to support UCTH.

She went further to state that the Cross River State Primary Healthcare Development Agency will immediately begin sensitization on basic live saving skills in communities across the State. If people could do some cardio pulmonary resuscitation we would have recorded less than 7 mortality recorded as present.

She prayed for God to accept the souls of  the deceased and those recuperating to get well soon. Stating that the health team will continue to monitor things and report to appropriate quarters.

Earlier Speaking, the Deputy CMAC UCTH, Dr Ogbu Ngim while addressing the press said as at the time there victims were brought to the Hospital, the Chief Medical Director, Dr Thomas Agan was in Abuja attending to pressing issues.

According to him, a total number of 18 victims were brought to UCTH and out of that number, 7 were already dead before arrival while 11 survived and are currently receiving treatment.

Dr Ngim said the Hospital will put in their best to make sure no other soul is lost from the 11 recuperating in the emergency wards. He thanked the Government of Cross River State for it's support.

The Deputy Governor, Prof Ivara Esu had earlier visited the site of tragedy at Nyahasang, Atimbo to sympathies and console with the affected families before coming to the hospital.

Also present at the Hospital were Managers of Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/calabar-electrocution-tragedy-ayade.html

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by zoba88: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by HungerBAD: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rest in peace to the dead.

And get well soon to the living.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by zoba88: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2017

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by GloriaNinja(f): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
TRAGIC!
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by wassade: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nah wah
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by doctimonyeka(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Its well...

What a tragic news...
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by emeijeh(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
Na wah o!

Match when all of us watch last night come turn to something else for these ones.

God save your children

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by leofab(f): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
God heal the fast.

1 Like

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by pauljumbo: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
phcn wahala
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Aromas: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
What is really happening in this country? Why our so called ruler not responding to serious issues like this? Imagine, no official representatives 4rm NFF, NSC, Min. Of Sports............ Chaiiiii RIP to the dead & quick recovery 4 those in hospital.

3 Likes

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by yungbillionaire(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
abeg make una no vex beoz i wan derail small...me i dey busy dey look dat lady on white shirt..please ladies, make una try dey mix all these una powder well, see d last pics, how can someones face shine like sun and leg dey like night, dis is unfair naah...anyway back to d topic, i wish u all speedy recovery and as for our power sector officials..may the Lord have mercy.

45 Likes

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by josephine123: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
WATCH VIDEO : Calabar Electrocution Of Football Fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_H-_TNv1Q
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by bayocanny: 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
See hospital...e con resemble prison

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by abbaapple: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
dunno wat de will tell papa God in heavn for dos dat died! smh
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by ekanDamie: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
to the person above me,

time and unforseen occurrences befall us all

they could have been in a church and still die.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Timiblanko(m): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Only God can save our soul from hearing and seeing ill
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by olapink: 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
Timiblanko:
RIP TO D DEAD. GET WELL TO THOSE DAY SURVIVED
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by ichommy(m): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
My thoughts are with the victims families embarassed
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by salaboiz(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
i wish them fast recovery
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Sisqoman(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
dose survival are now celebritty
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Baroba(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
He should start by upgrading that filth they call hospital..

2 Likes

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by izzou(m): 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
Upgrade our hospitals and have an effective emergency response team on ground

That's all
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by odafe94(m): 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
Lord please accept the soul of my fellow United fans Amen... Send the souls of the Chelsea fan that came to watch us loose to hell, Amen.. Take heart brothers it's manchester-united till we die.. RIP
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Ginaz(f): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
You're going to see sick people and still be putting on Mary kay.

Will the sick people admire it? Na wa .

Quick recovery to them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Tapout(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ginaz:
You're going to see sick people and still be putting on Mary kay.

Will the sick people admire it? Na wa

Quick recovery to them.

yungbillionaire:
abeg make una no vex beoz i wan derail small...me i dey busy dey look dat lady on white shirt..please ladies, make una try dey mix all these una powder well, see d last pics, how can someones face shine like sun and leg dey like night, dis is unfair naah...anyway back to d topic, i wish u all speedy recovery and as for our power sector officials..may the Lord have mercy.

thought I was the only one that noticed that....

Rip to the dead

5 Likes

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Aromas:
What is really happening in this country?
Why our so called ruler not responding to serious issues like this?
Imagine, no official representatives 4rm NFF, NSC, Min. Of Sports............
Chaiiiii RIP to the dead & quick recovery 4 those in hospital.
When GEJ was responding to all CASUALTIES by visiting sites and mourning, people called him clueless..
Now we have a PRESIDENT whose health is a casualty that needs attention.....
We pray Sai BaBa comes out stronger...
He must Continue...
He asked for it.....
No place to hide....
Please, next Wednesday is FEC meeting.....be there..

5 Likes

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Day169: 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Tragic, and my condolences to the families of the departed.
But this accident can be linked with the pervasive corruption in the country. The PHCN in conjunction with the Lands department of the relevant State ministry must have noticed the potential danger and flagrant disregard for non-approval for the construction of such a building (and many others), but the greedy desire for lucre must've made them turn a blind eye.
There are a myriad of disasters waiting to happen due to negligence by the appropriate authorities.
God help us in this country.

5 Likes

Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by YesNo(m): 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
Too Sad

what a sad and painful way to die.
Re: More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills by Basfaq(m): 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
odafe94:
Lord please accept the soul of my fellow United fans Amen... Send the souls of the Chelsea fan that came to watch us loose to hell, Amen.. Take heart brothers it's manchester-united till we die.. RIP
Is this a human being or......?

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Times Has Buhari Worn Suit Since He Came Into Power? (Photos) / Meet Nicholas Felix, 37-Year-Old PCP Presidential Candidate Who Came 3rd In 2019 / Latest Pix Of Man Who Drank "Gutter Water" To Celebrate PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.