Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. (8338 Views)

Do We Really Have Free Education In Nigeria? / Do We Really Use Only 10 Percent Of Our Brain? / One Of The Facts We Shoukd Know About Lautech's Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
blueAgent:

This is the most intelligent post, i have seen on this thread.
Blacks are there own worst enemy God help us.
thanks
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by musicwriter(m): 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
blueAgent:

Joker.

Help yourself by looking for the word "serfdom". The first form of slavery was serfdom which had been practiced in Europe for millennia. See this link by encyclopedia Britannica https://www.britannica.com/topic/serfdom

Your savage caucasian masters invented slavery according to their own history.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-taw-zjN76qc/VtTnUIL5JcI/AAAAAAAAA4M/B4G5tM4ApAY/s1600/Serfdom.png[/img]
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by Funjosh(m): 5:31am On Apr 23, 2017
You guys just turn this thread to something else, from facts to trash, to romance. embarassed
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by babyfaceafrica: 6:20am On Apr 23, 2017
Derailers!!!!!
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by blueAgent(m): 7:00am On Apr 23, 2017
musicwriter:

Help yourself by looking for the word "serfdom". The first form of slavery was serfdom which had been practiced in Europe for millennia. See this link by encyclopedia Britannica https://www.britannica.com/topic/serfdom

Your savage caucasian masters invented slavery according to their own history.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-taw-zjN76qc/VtTnUIL5JcI/AAAAAAAAA4M/B4G5tM4ApAY/s1600/Serfdom.png[/img]

Slavery existed before the birth of Jesus.
It was universal to all Races.stop looking for cheap excuse, blacks had slavery among themselves and with arabs before the whiteMan came to Africa and Blacks still have slaves today.

Mind you am not a WhiteMan.

1 Like

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by musicwriter(m): 7:42am On Apr 23, 2017
blueAgent:

Slavery existed before the birth of Jesus.
It was universal to all Races.stop looking for cheap excuse, blacks had slavery among themselves and with arabs before the whiteMan came to Africa and Blacks still have slaves today.

Mind you am not a WhiteMan.

You still don't get it.

Slavery that existed before Jesus was "serfdom" invented by the same caucasians, by Rome!! Yes, Jesus himself had his country under colonialism by the Roman empire. The first form of slavery was "serfdom" not the cash/ Atlantic slavery that it evolved later. This can't be over emphasized.

Again, before anybody knew anything called slavery it was Europeans that practiced it and even wrote it down the Bible, using it to control their slaves.

Till the 1800 century, European and American churches and priests also widely held the view that “slavery was ordained by God”. Bible passages were often being quoted to rebellious slaves to remind them to obey their masters, as it was the will of God for them to be enslaved. Popular bible passages used includes the below:-

Ephesians 6 5:8 New International Version.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

1 Corinthians 7:20:22 New International Version.
Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them. Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you- although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave.

Colossians 3 22:25 New International Version.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

1 Peter 2 18:20 New International Version.
Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

It's a pity when we talk about slavery people think of Africa, because white people has used brainwashing education to exonerate themselves, and have us take the blame. Even the cash slavery/Atlantic slavery that evolved later was also invented by white people!!.

No evil would exist, unless white people have to invent it. History shows this is the only race capable of mass evil on a global scale.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2017
savagefinder:
smh.. I know you have heard of vlad dracule, known as Dracula, during his reign, he was at war with the turks and the pipe was strongly behind him, why? because the Catholic Church then too were at war with them.. Why? Before u start jumping on my head that slavery was the cause of the Civil War, lemme take you to the Wikipedia page that states clearly that while many historians say that it was slavery that was the catalyst for the war, it was actually disunity that was the primary cause, the confederate and the union army before the time of Abraham Lincoln already had their issues and when the issue of slavery was brought up it provided a good ground to show case a power tussle, I agree with you that blacks need to stop crying over spilt milk, but we should not try to ever see the whites as our saviors, we might say that our people sold our kind into slavery but when the whites came, they didnt use a diplomatic approach in taking over our land, it was clear, bow to us or you in our way.. I think example should be the jaja of opobo.. And after taking our land what did they do? They raided our mineral resources abi you want to say it was our people that gave them the land and used our children to write merry Christmas? Or we agreed to come to classes naked?
you know what I think I should just let you be,cos it seems you are forming your own history,count dracula is a fictional story,set at the time ottoman empire was at its peak in eastern europe,there were xtians under the rule of the sultan,so whats your point,ofcourse tge must be disunity for a war to occur,the root cause of tge disunity is slavery
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by savagefinder: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2017
masseratti:
you know what I think I should just let you be,cos it seems you are forming your own history,count dracula is a fictional story,set at the time ottoman empire was at its peak in eastern europe,there were xtians under the rule of the sultan,so whats your point,ofcourse tge must be disunity for a war to occur,the root cause of tge disunity is slavery

SMH.. So you will think I will start using film to prove a point.. What do you think of me?

His name was vlad III Dracule, popularly known as vlad the impaler

Wikipedia link :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

About the disunity, let me use the ipob as an example, from time immemorial they have been at logger heads with the hausa and both are not fans of themselves, the ipob group also wanted to break out of Nigeria but it wasnt possible then and we lived together abi. Meaning that they has been disunity among us.. After staying together for more than 40 years the, the advent of buhari, coupled with the fulani herds men trouble, spurred another agitation to break away..

The same thing applies to the confederate union forces, before the civil war they have been against each other over several issues and when the issue of slavery came up, they saw it as good ground to go into battle..
Not like they were at peace before the issue of slavery came and then they went into war...
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by savagefinder: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2017
masseratti:
because you do not know something doesn't mean its a lie, I understand why you think it's a lie, not many read things outside naira land, theres more to history than what you were taught in class.. And mind you, the turks then where Muslims..
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
savagefinder:
because you do not know something doesn't mean its a lie, I understand why you think it's a lie, not many read things outside naira land, theres more to history than what you were taught in class.. And mind you, the turks then where Muslims..
the turks came from central asia,turks were subjugated by persian/arab muslims,convert to islam or forced to pay higher taxes,the turks expanding their empire swept through today's turkey which was formally A christian territory Byzantine empire,the arabs through moors in africa swept half of spain forced everyone into their religion ,so whats your point on turks were muslims?what were the turks before muhammad was born?think,read,google,infact from now on state your claims with facts and source,you are arguing about Roman Empire I read years ago in junior high school.
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
savagefinder:

SMH.. So you will think I will start using film to prove a point.. What do you think of me?

His name was vlad III Dracule, popularly known as vlad the impaler

Wikipedia link :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

About the disunity, let me use the ipob as an example, from time immemorial they have been at logger heads with the hausa and both are not fans of themselves, the ipob group also wanted to break out of Nigeria but it wasnt possible then and we lived together abi. Meaning that they has been disunity among us.. After staying together for more than 40 years the, the advent of buhari, coupled with the fulani herds men trouble, spurred another agitation to break away..
The same thing applies to the confederate union forces, before the civil war they have been against each other over several issues and when the issue of slavery came up, they saw it as good ground to go into battle..
Not like they were at peace before the issue of slavery came and then they went into war...
can you read what you.wrote out loud?your analogy,let me use it before Nigerian civil war were we not at peace? The Nigerian civil war are you saying it didnt have a cause?for people to be disunited wont there be a root cause?

using vlad to say he was count draculq is as hilarious as the wiki you quote.
Are you.aware that game of throne is written based on english throne?

am pretty sure you didnt comprehend what is in the wiki you posted.
tbh am done.
What were the turks before mohhamed came?
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by savagefinder: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
masseratti:
can you read what you.wrote out loud?your analogy,let me use it before Nigerian civil war were we not at peace? The Nigerian civil war are you saying it didnt have a cause?for people to be disunited wont there be a root cause?

tbh am done.
if you want to keep shying away from the fact that you didn't know that vlad the 3rd (vlad Dracula, son of the dragon later changed to son of the devil) was the person who's story inspired Dracula the movie, then Its ur own problem.. U didnt know accept.. There's no need to lie over it..

And two.. Before the advent of the prophet (swt), the turks were devoted Christians but later converted to Islam.. Now, the turks weren't the ones that were forced to pay taxes, rather they forced people to pay and a typical example was vlad Kingdom.. If you can read through the history of the Catholic Church, a crusade was declared by the pope against the turks of which Dracula was very active in despite his humane way of handling prisoners of war and even advocates..

My statement from the start was "do you know what the Roman catholics did to the turks?"

You portrayed the whites as people that have always used diplomatic approach and accept people the way they are. But I brought up the historical fact of the Roman Catholic who waged war against the turks because they where Muslims.. And from every historical data.. I am right... The Catholic Church hated the turks for 1st, converting to Islam and two becoming strong advocates of Islam. And they didn't let them be but went to war against them..

Bro.. This stuff is simple..

If you have any proof that
1. Vlad Dracula isn't real, he is not the same as count Dracula, he didn't live in Transylvania..

2. The Roman Catholic Church didn't support vlads exploits against the turks and if the Roman Catholic never waged war and went into crusades against the turks because of their choice of religion..

Pls I want you to provide them.. No need for long talk

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by savagefinder: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
masseratti:

tbh am done.
pls.. Where in the name of anything that is good did I say the civil war didn't have a cause? What i said is clear and very clear, that the catalyst for the recent ipob uprising is because Buhari came into power defeating their man, two the Fulani herds men issues and I made it clear that the igbos once tried to break away but it was thwarted, didn't I say so?

I also made it clear that from time igbos and hausa have never liked themselves and thus constantly engaged in heated counter measures..

I deliberately left out the civil war and went to the current situation on ground..

Now, if you want to go back to the civil war, it would still be made known that it goes way back before the 1st coup by that "Kaduna ezeogu" guy..what he just did was provide a ground to show case military strength.. We might have been living together but that doesn't mean we were happy together and we have never Been truly in peace... Before u start showing ur ignorance again.. Look and see facts

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by thinkmoney(m): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lagusta:

Oga, there have been slaves in Africa before the Arabs came....

The Arabs traded their coffee and other items in exchange for the slaves of Africa....

Even in the Arab world there were Bedouin slaves....

So what are u saying

If the Arabs were as wicked as the whites in enforcing slavery at least the Bible would have said so.....

So cheer up bro
Lagusta, you are very wrong with your argument? The Arabs that raided from Yemen, Egypt, Mali and Tanzania employed the same methods the Europeans employed. They used middle men that are most likely African too to
raid and kidnap slaves. Its this middle men they pay. So SLAVE RAIDING its one of the tactics employed in SLAVE TRADING.
Back in history, strong African nations like Egypt too raided the Arabs and Grecian world for the purpose of getting slaves.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by masseratti: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
savagefinder:
pls.. Where in the name of anything that is good did I say the civil war didn't have a cause? What i said is clear and very clear, that the catalyst for the recent ipob uprising is because Buhari came into power defeating their man, two the Fulani herds men issues and I made it clear that the igbos once tried to break away but it was thwarted, didn't I say so?

I also made it clear that from time igbos and hausa have never liked themselves and thus constantly engaged in heated counter measures..

I deliberately left out the civil war and went to the current situation on ground..

Now, if you want to go back to the civil war, it would still be made known that it goes way back before the 1st coup by that "Kaduna ezeogu" guy..what he just did was provide a ground to show case military strength.. We might have been living together but that doesn't mean we were happy together and we have never Been truly in peace... Before u start showing ur ignorance again.. Look and see facts
aNVM
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by okeyben10: 11:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
and just like that you 'coffee-ers' succeeded in derailing explorers thread that he was forced to leave it for una undecidedand just like that you 'coffee-ers' succeeded in derailing explorers thread that he was forced to leave it for una
Re: Facts We Really Need To Know About Slavery. by nlPoster: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Caught Having Sex With Lecturer’s Wife / Top Funny Photos That Will Surely Make Your Day / Can Anyone Help To Verify If Cyprus International University CIU Is Accredited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.