Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? (4589 Views)

There Is Nothing Called The North — Abaribe / FFK Reacted To An Hausa Man That Called The Yorubas Slaves / This Is What Nigeria Looks Like To Me, As The Giant Of Africa. Just One Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Rosskii: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Rosskii see ehn, ur my guy, so no need for insults or subtle jabs!

However, your naivete when it comes to the true view of things in Nigeria is quite disconcerting. Or maybe you just put up a facade when discussing Nigeria to protect your ego from being bruised my foreigners or something, I dunno.

However, it's only until we identify a problem, that we can embark on a solution.

Don't give me that crap.

India today can call itself the giant of South Asia. For several reasons. BUT India has numerous challenges - mass poverty, mass illiteracy, huge slums etc etc. They even suffer regular power outages.

BUT they are a rising giant in Asia.

SAME AS NIGERIA IN AFRICA.

If you have a problem with that, Jump in the Atlantic.

3 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
1.Biggest population(dont say it doesnt matter,it actually matters a lot if properly harnessed).
2.Biggest GDP in Africa.
3.Biggest and most advanced Telecommunications and Banking sectors in Africa.
4.Biggest black democracy in the world,with the biggest political parties in Africa.
And so on....
This is not to say we dont have a lot to improve on.

1 Like

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by walemoney007(m): 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Why is Nigeria supposed to be ''better'' than Benin Republic? Are the Beninioise not humans like us? They have every right to be ''better'' than us too.

Oh, and I know you have a slow brain, but being the Giant of Africa is not the same as being ''the best'' in Africa, or the country where ''everything works''. Shame I need to stress this to supposedly educated people.
who is this son of a smelling b1tch sef,nigeria is only a giant because of its population,Nigeria is one of the most under develop country in Africa...if you want to kill yourself you are free.
countries like Kenya,South Africa,Rwanda are better than nigeria.now go and k1ll yourself if e pain you grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Rosskii: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
1.Biggest population(dont say it doesnt matter,it actually matters a lot if properly harnessed).
2.Biggest GDP in Africa.
4.Biggest black democracy in the world,with the biggest political parties in Africa.
And so on....

Thank you very much. The fact that you mention the things that make a country a giant, it doesn't mean you are saying we are heaven on earth with no problems. If some knuckleheads on this forum had some basic sense in them, we wouldn't need to explain this.

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Rosskii: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
walemoney007:
who is this son of a smelling b1tch sef,nigeria is only a giant because of its population,Nigeria is one of the most under develop country in Africa...if you want to kill yourself you are free.
countries like Kenya,South Africa,Rwanda are better than nigeria.now go and k1ll yourself if e pain you grin

Your illiterate opinion counts for nothing.

1 Like

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by walemoney007(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Your illiterate opinion counts for nothing.
your foolish opinions count for nothing too

nigeria is hell on earth

5 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Thank you very much. The fact that you mention the things that make a country a giant, it doesn't mean you are saying we are heaven on earth with no problems. If some knuckleheads on this forum had some basic sense in them, we wouldn't need to explain this.
True.
The question was asked,and answers were provided; I see no reason why people keep being antagonistic on such a simple issue.
If they disagree with the replies,well,good for them.

1 Like

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Don't give me that crap.

India today can call itself the giant of South Asia. For several reasons. BUT India has numerous challenges - mass poverty, mass illiteracy, huge slums etc etc. They even suffer regular power outages.

BUT they are a rising giant in Asia.

SAME AS NIGERIA IN AFRICA.

If you have a problem with that, Go jump in the Atlantic.

A rising giant That's a new one, more like a sleeping giant.

India may have issues, but I highly doubt they have miserable issues such as ours. I need to research their power production, but I think they are even already a nuclear power, so obviously they are taking the right steps and following through, I guess.

In Nigeria, people don't follow through. Civil servants don't follow through and the government hardly ever follows through.

So how do you awake a sleeping giant that has been inebriated by sloth and other vices?

Definitely not by cuddling and pampering, which is exactly what you're doing. We require the shocking truth at all times. Shock therapy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by bantudra: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:
Is anyone still contesting Nigeria's position as the Giant of Africa?

Here are the Facts.

1 Now approaching 200 million, Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation, and the 7th most populous country on earth after China, India, the United States, Indonesia, Brazil, and Pakistan.

2 Africa's largest economy with an annual GDP of $540 billion.

3 The nation with the highest number of university educated professionals in Africa.

4 The largest middle class on the African continent.

5 The largest and most successful film and multimedia industry in Africa, and the third largest on earth.

6 The Entertainment capital of Africa

7 The Music capital of Africa, producing more globally acclaimed artistes than the rest of Africa combined.

8 The Fashion capital of Africa. Designs by Nigerians are stocked in major fashion outlets across the world.

9 The most developed oil and gas industry in Africa.

10 The most extensive road transport network in Africa.

11 The telecoms capital of Africa, with over 110 million mobile phone accounts.

12 The largest Internet connectivity levels in Africa with a projected 84 million active internet users by 2018

13 Africa's agricultural giant. ''Agriculture is Africa’s largest economic sector, representing 15 percent of the continent’s total GDP, or more than $100 billion annually. It is highly concentrated, with Egypt and Nigeria alone accounting for one-third of total agricultural output''

http://www.mckinsey.com/global-themes/middle-east-and-africa/africas-path-to-growth-sector-by-sector

14 According to Wikipedia, ''Nigeria is considered to be an emerging market by the World Bank. It has been identified as a regional power on the African continent, a middle power in international affairs, and has also been identified as an emerging global power. Nigeria is a member of the MINT group of countries, which are widely seen as the globe's next "BRIC-like" economies. It is also listed among the "Next Eleven" economies set to become among the biggest in the world.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

why are you encouraging them....
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Litmus: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
walemoney007:

Christ, see where minds lurk. Guy, if people like you commit suicide, Nigeria will quickly become Super Giant of Africa. The nation needs to shed loads...

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Dedetwo(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
2.Biggest GDP in Africa.
And so on....

This is pure exhibition of delusion. Democracy has no black or blue or green. Besides, everything about Nigeria is naturally in suspense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
walemoney007:
your foolish opinions count for nothing too

nigeria is hell on earth
No need to attack his opinion,if you think Nigeria is the deepest part of hell in existence,then,good for you.I can understand why you feel that way,I sometimes do too.
But it doesnt give you reason to assasinate the opinion or character of others while airing your own views.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Rosskii: 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
True.
The question was asked,and answers were provided; I see no reason why people keep being antagonistic on such a simple issue.
If they disagree with the replies,well,good for them.

Many of them actually hate Nigeria. How you know this, is if you posted a thread on say, the South West, depicting their developments etc, suddenly those from that region will stand up and applaud those pictures, applaud whatever progress is being shown, and claim the glory for it, while talking up the progress of their region.

But place that same thread or debate within a NIGERIAN context, in which the nation of Nigeria is credited for it, they will immediately start condemning everything about the thread!

Try it if you don't believe me. smiley

Isn't it odd how the Yoruba man thinks his region is great and improving. The Igbo man believes the same about his own region. The Hausa/Fulani believe the same about their region. But NIGERIA as a whole to them is ''not good''. 'Hell on earth'' etc etc. Their selfishness is stunning.

1 Like

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by quickly: 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
[s]2.Biggest GDP in Africa.
4.Biggest black democracy in the world,with the biggest political parties in Africa.[/s]
And so on....
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is pure exhibition of delusion. Democracy has no black or blue or green.
"Biggest Black Democracy" means that Nigeria operates the biggest democracy among the whole black race(Africa,Carribeans and South America).

2 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Igboesika: 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
2.Biggest GDP in Africa.
And so on....
Biggest black democracy ?
You just typed this all in a bid to defend this failed entity.
Smh
Again, what's the essence of population when majority are hungry?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rosskii:

Many of them actually hate Nigeria. How you know this, is if you posted a thread on say, the South West, depicting their developments etc, suddenly those from that region will stand up and applaud those pictures, applaud whatever progress is being shown, and claim the glory for it, while talking up the progress of their region.

But place that same thread or debate within a NIGERIAN context, in which the nation of Nigeria is credited for it, they will immediately start condemning everything about it!

Try it if you don't believe me. smiley
I know how many Nigerians who use the internet reason.
I dont blame most people for feeling that way,it because they are either narrow minded or lack enlightenment.Not everyone can reason out of the societal box.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Dedetwo(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
"Biggest Black Democracy" means that Nigeria operates the biggest democracy among the whole black race(Africa,Carribeans and South America).

No race is black or white. The earth has only one race and it is human race. The idiocy of "Black and White" is found in the delusion of USA's idiosyncrasy. Now, if you believe in Black and White crap, there is no need debating with you on the validity of Nigeria as Africa's giant. Whatever such nonsense, Africa's Giant, could mean. By the way, the term "Black", beside being a color, is a derivative of slavery.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Rosskii: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

A rising giant That's a new one, more like a sleeping giant.

India may have issues, but I highly doubt they have miserable issues such as ours. I need to research their power production, but I think they are even already a nuclear power, so obviously they are taking the right steps and following through, I guess.

You guess. Keep guessing, while I show you the truth.

Indians Poorer than Africans, new research shows:

http://www.primepost.in/more-poor-in-india-than-africa/

1 Like

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
-
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by orisa37: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeria has The Highest Concentration of Wisdoms, Knowledge and Understanding, a Unique Gift of The Almighty God to a Unit of His Emerging New Jerusalem(The City of God) on Earth. Buhari is purposely President by The Act of God not to impose Fulani Herdsmen everywhere in Nigeria but to Clean the Stable for The greater Good of God to thrive
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Igboesika:

Biggest black democracy ?
You just typed this all in a bid to defend this failed entity.
Smh
Again, what's the essence of population when majority are hungry?
All the points I posted are true; it should enlighten you to note that Nigeria has the biggest democracy of the black race.
I did not "defend" anything,I simply stated reasons why Nigeria can be considered the giant of Africa.
As for Nigeria being a "failed entity",well,if you are part of this failed entity,then perhaps you are a failed individual yourself.I do not know Nigeria as a failed entity.
It is true that hunger is in the land,that is why we need to look for ways to make this country better,by any means possible.Lest,we all perish.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Dedetwo(m): 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
All the points I posted are true; it should enlighten you to note that Nigeria has the biggest democracy of the black race.
I did not "defend" anything,I simply stated reasons why Nigeria can be considered the giant of Africa.
As for Nigeria being a "failed entity",well,if you are part of this failed entity,then perhaps you are a failed individual yourself.I do not know Nigeria as a failed entity.
It is true that hunger is in the land,that is why we need to look for ways to make this country better,by any means possible.Lest,we all perish.

If you remotely believed in this crap, then you have no point of fact but delusion.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
Dedetwo:

No race is black or white. The earth has only one race and it is human race. The idiocy of "Black and White" is found in the delusion of USA's idiosyncrasy. Now, if you believe in Black and White crap, there is no need debating with you on the validity of Nigeria as Africa's giant. Whatever such nonsense, Africa's Giant, could mean. By the way, the term "Black" is a derivative of slavery.
Interesting opinion.
In the end,I believe there are different races; black and white,based on physical observation.It is a matter of science,not philosophy or sentiment.
Anyway,if that is your believe,then good for you.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
Dedetwo:

If you remotely believed in this crap, then you have no point of fact but delusion.
Your opinion.
Of course,you may see not sense in my submissions,but then again,as humans,we reason at different frequencies.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Dedetwo(m): 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
Interesting opinion.
In the end,I believe there are different races; black and white,based on physical observation.It is a matter of science,not philosophy or sentiment.
Anyway,if that is your believe,then good for you.

There is nothing like science in the discourse. In today's USA, when you are asked to choose race based on Black, White, Asian, Latino or whatever, you could always return the form without any selection because none is applicable to you. Instead I have argued that if Asian should have a place, African should too.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Igboesika: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
Nigeria is a failed entity that's why we clamour for disintegration. It's only a hypocrite and enemies of truth which I don't know where you belong are the only ones who are coming up with inconsequential reasons to dignify this contraption.
Population, land mass this and that. What's the essence of these things if they can not be properly utilised since Lugard put us in this mess

If Nig can be like this after over 50 years of independence, I wonder how tomorrow would look like.
Stop deceiving yourself and embrace the truth.

5 Likes

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
aIgboesika:

Nigeria is a failed entity that's why we clamour for disintegration. It's only a hypocrite and enemies of truth which I don't know where you belong are the only ones who are coming up with inconsequential reasons to dignify this contraption.
Population, land mass this and that. What's the essence of these things if they can not be properly utilised since Lugard put us in this mess

If Nig can be like this after over 50 years of independence, I wonder how tomorrow would look like.
Stop deceiving yourself and embrace the truth.
I think its the structure that is weak; Our federalism,constitution,judiciary and society are too flawed,however,the most crucial flaw is that of leadership.Disintegration at this juncture,will achieve nothing,it would still be the same rotting system,clueless leaders and dishonest society.
So,what is the solution if we can neither cooperate nor disintegrate?.we innovate.
Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by Igboesika: 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
EVarn:
I think its the structure that is weak; Our federalism,constitution,judiciary and society are too flawed,however,the most crucial flaw is that of leadership.Disintegration at this juncture,will achieve nothing,it would still be the same rotting system,clueless leaders and dishonest society.
So,what is the solution if we can neither cooperate nor disintegrate?.we innovate.
My dear, Nig is heading to no where.
Good night sir.

1 Like

Re: why is Nigeria called The Giant Of Africa? by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
Let's be clear: It is Nigerians who call themselves the "giant" of Africa, not anyone else. In other African countries when Nigerians make this boast people always laugh behind their backs. In the African familly of nations, Nigeria is like that crazy, simple minded black sheep of the family who everyone else's humours but nobody actually takes him seriously.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Pictures From Paris Peace Meeting As Shared By Al-jazera / Lockdown: Nigerians Begin Reporting That They Received N30k From The FG / List Of Nigerians Whose Escorts Were Withdrawn By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.