Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" (2093 Views)

#BBNaija : Thelma Furious as Omashola Enters The Bathroom While She Was Unclad / Dwayne Johnson Reveals Why He Used a Nigerian Name 'Okoye' In His Movie 'Rampage / Radio - Short Film Starring Gabriel Afolayan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Raalsalghul: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
It just had to happen, didn't it. Following the successes of The Fate Of The Furious and previous films in the franchise, Universal will move to produce a spin-off film starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Jason Statham according to deadline. Before now, there's been word about a separate film starring The rock, but according to word of mouth following the release of The Fate Of The Furious, the banter between The Rock's and Statham's character stood out and was one of the positives to take away following its mediocre reception.

Still, it's no surprise that Universal studios choose to toe this path. The rule of thumb in Hollywood is that whenever a feature has proven to be a big-bucks magnet time and time again, a spin-off is inevitable. The planned Bumblebee and Venom Spin-off movies from The Transformers and Spiderman series respectively are just few of many examples.

In addition to that, The Fast and Furious Franchise has only two more films left on its plate according to the producers, so why not cash in on the star-power of The Rock and Statham and carve out another series of films that will try to replicate the success of their parent flicks following the last ride of "Dom and Family".

Source: Deadline

The Fate Of The Furious Is Currently Playing In Cinemas Worldwide

https://ifilimu./2017/04/21/the-fast-and-furious-is-going-to-have-a-spin-off-film-starring-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-and-jason-statham/

Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Tazdroid(m): 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
In the realm of possibility and speculation
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Raalsalghul: 10:22am On Apr 22, 2017
Tazdroid:
In the realm of possibility and speculation
You have that right.
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Nickizoe(f): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
How about ViN diesel?
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by lynkyinka(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2017
when will NIGERIAN CINEMAS show FATE OF TH FURIOUS
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Raalsalghul: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
lynkyinka:
when will NIGERIAN CINEMAS show FATE OF TH FURIOUS
A question I've been asking myself for the past 1 week.
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by lynkyinka(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Raalsalghul:

someone's gotta tell us what's happening, they will now tell us blockbuster when it starts airing abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by lynkyinka(m): 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Raalsalghul:

Well now its official,

FRIDAY it is
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Raalsalghul: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
lynkyinka:

Well now its official,

FRIDAY it is
Let me check!
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Kakamorufu(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
fast eight will show tommorow at filmhouse

1 Like

Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Raalsalghul: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Kakamorufu:
fast eight will show tommorow at filmhouse
Yes, just checked it recently!
Re: The Fast And Furious Is Going To Have A Spin-off Film Starring Dwayne "The Rock" by Kakamorufu(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
Raalsalghul:
Yes, just checked it recently!
just saw the movie today. a hit

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'Edge Of Paradise' Soap On Mnet / Have You Seen The Monster Muziq Show / Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.