Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. (49765 Views)

Shocking Aftermath Of Mogadishu Bomb Blast That Killed Over 230(Graphic Photos) / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by emperorzz(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Explorers:
Waiting for elevator to resume: Kate Davis, from left, Alex Rodriguez, Molly Gasch and Marissa Osowsky works on steps in front of their office building in San Francisco during a power outage in San Francisco, Friday, April 21, 2017.

Chain..nna, oyinbo dey fine finish when them wan fine...see as the beb straight!!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by salford: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
could be the russians hacking into their power grid systems.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by salford: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
Godiloveu:
But this should not stop activities now, are they not first class citizens can't they improvise?, so those that need medical attention will not get it becos no electricity?.

oyinbos and blowing things out of proportion are like bread n butter.

Akute in Ogun state, ppl live without NEPA for glorious days n no noise. just hours for San Francisco it became world news. smmmh!
hospitals and schools usually have standby generators. I am actually suprised those highrise buildings do not have one.

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Chuksgeo: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
A nuclear attack for them could be like bombing their power stations and you will get everything thing down
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Austin234(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
And am sure heads must roll because of this melodrama power outage. Some may loose their job. But for naija, na normal normal. Nothing spoil
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by lilytender: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lagos is far better than San Francisco, during power outage which take an average of 20 hours per day, Lagos traffic lights and street lights are always on. Just small outage for San Francisco, no traffic light, no street light, what a shame! Next time your hear Lagos, just give a salutation to Nigeria's number two thief after Goatluck Jonascam, that is Asiwaju bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Jagaban for his vision. Now, I know that some thieves will still make paradise, Tinubu is one of those thieves.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by bizzibodi(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
kai!they didnot even invest in rechargeable lamps & generator.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by thunderbabs: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Russia don finally hack into una National grid grin

Power outage turn cities into a standstill.....dtz weird coz it actually keeps us going in Naija grin
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by efeski(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
darbeelicous:
nepa take light them no go on Gen? Hehehehe grin grin grin grin make Una dey there dey wait!

#i_love_naija cool cool

You my friend are a classic example of what has been described as the Stockholm's Syndrome.

my conscience will judge me else I would have just pitied you and move on
but lo i realise and reaffirm that your kind are much in the land... and by reason of such infantile reasoning as you espoused above you are no different from the almajiris that roam the streets, whom most of your ilk are so quick to judge and condemn.

you need help
you need to free your mind from mental slavery that successive Nigerian leaders irrespective of tribe, religious or political affiliation as well as pastorpreneurs and imams and babalawos seemed to have used to have you on a chokehold.

Then you need to travel and see.
if you can't afford it yet, better still get that song and listen to. ask big brother Google for the artist. task your brain.
don't sit behind a keypad and just spew forth nonsense.

Back to Army of Two on 360

#DaDevil'sCartel

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by idesylvester(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
Nepa no take light, I think they have fire auto control system that once there's fire it will just turn off the entire light not like our 9ja wey pole dey fall kill people wey dey watch match
paschal47:
I think dey said NEPA don't take light in yankee? Wetin happen here, grin grin grin grin yeye dey smell

But honestly it's not funny, there's power outage and it turns to a news, here in Nigeria, even the so called NEPA abi phcn uses generators in their offices.

Which way Nigeria?? embarassed
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by sirfee(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
bqlekan:
Shey that restaurant that closed because of power outage no get stove and gen nii? Hanhan sad bunch of lazy arses..

On a more serious note, what will happen to San Francisco if the power outage exceeds 30 days?
grin Haaaaaaaaa! 30 days? Armageddon be dat na...

@Explorers#weldone sir
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by lakesidepapa(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afobear:
only mumes like you no sabi say chervolet na made in usa abi?

begone with your absurd buffoonery

bmw is made in Germany and most germans dont use bmw, does that change the fact bmw is not made in Germany? u lack the right way to comprehend a sentence and reply.

see, I can name all vehicle products and thier country of origin for u right away, im not a new learner like u, im informed. peace!

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by lakesidepapa(m): 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
caprini1:
Tell me you don't love the sound when the engine revs?

Bro, the sound of the engine is great. chervolet users in Nigeria see beyond what toyota, honda, nissan and rest user see . very rugged product with good engine..., mostly thier pick up.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Afobear: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
lakesidepapa:

bmw is made in Germany and most germans dont use bmw, does that change the fact bmw is not made in Germany? u lack the right way to comprehend a sentence and reply.

see, I can name all vehicle products and thier country of origin for u right away, im not a new learner like u, im informed. peace!

vermin never you say you are informed again because clearly you aren't
whats my business with you mentioning cars and their country of origin ?
make your brain useful...peace
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by caprini1: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Bro, the sound of the engine is great. chervolet users in Nigeria see beyond what toyota, honda, nissan and rest user see . very rugged product with good engine..., mostly thier pick up.
The first time I parked near a Chevrolet Camaro at shoprite lekki.....the whole ground was vibrating when the owner revved,i had to ask him to let me feel his engine,meeeeen the feeling is orgasmic.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by lakesidepapa(m): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
Afobear:

vermin never you say you are informed again because clearly you aren't
whats my business with you mentioning cars and their country of origin ?
make your brain useful...peace

smiley oga, did I even mention chervolet is not made in usa ?

I know ur type oga, "they should know im informed type" no need to reply u anymore, talk to hand. peace!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Trippledots(m): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Chascop:

everything about these people just unique eeh..
see handwriting sef.. If na Naija, you go dey things like "I am a barbing"

grin grin grin grin dis guy wan kill me with laff.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by lakesidepapa(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
caprini1:
The first time I parked near a Chevrolet Camaro at shoprite lekki.....the whole ground was vibrating when the owner revved,i had to ask him to let me feel his engine,meeeeen the feeling is orgasmic.
An uncle using thier silverado1500 pick up for business purpose jokingly says the vehicle will last longer than him due to its engine power and all rouns rugity, I willingly drive the pick up around Ife when I pay him a visit. I love chervolet product die. smiley
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Jakumo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Odikwa serious. Light outage in San Francisco means that the weed clinics and dispensaries there will be forced to suspend operations, since their cash registers are dependent on electricity. With this calamity in mind, the mayor of SF should go ahead and declare a state of emergency to address this predicament unfolding in the Bay Area.

A city with no source of weed is truly a city in distress. Please somebody send Nigerian Minister of Power, Raji Fashola on an emergency power restoration mission to San Francisco NOW, so that normalcy can resume, and the weed clinics can open once again to cater to their customers.

As the Baale of nearby Oakland, this electrical power outlet is a direct challenge to my authority, since as a rule we do not welcome visitors crossing that Bay Bridge in search of Oakland's fabled smoke.

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by brugge007(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
bilulu:

all the past military rulers, Obj, GEJ, Buhari, all the ministers, all the state governors from 1960, Lord lugard, all the local government chairmen....
amen!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Mbediogu(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
I just dey laugh. Our own black out na 9 years and still counting but we still dey kamkpe.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by kpukpuyenke: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ordinary power outage dem close restaurant
Come to Naija
We go on Gen, candle even lantern
No time for Nepa o
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by caprini1: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
lakesidepapa:

An uncle using thier silverado1500 pick up for business purpose jokingly says the vehicle will last longer than him due to its engine power and all rouns rugity, I willingly drive the pick up around Ife when I pay him a visit. I love chervolet product die. smiley
That is one mean wicked truck.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by onos217(m): 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
Just because dem take light...... angry
The power supply was not intentionally interrupted like we do over there. Rather, there was a break down of insulation characterized by fire. This is the case here,and not the dem-take-light.

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Godiloveu(f): 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
hero2000:

And that is why the whole GDP of Akute is not more the productivity of some 25yr old man in California! SMH!

Rejoicing in backwardness. SMH!

oh! now u got my attention,
tho! I don't ve much to say , but if u know Akute very well u will know DAT most people who live there work or have businesses in Lagos state, and besides if Akute should ve good road and constant electricity like San Francisco, wat do the think their GDP would be like...

all this oyinbo butt lickers Na for online forum una like to show face.
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by centboy123456(m): 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
melejo:
Let them learn from Nigeria and buy generator, it would help a great deal. Quote me and see EFCC and DSS discover $2m in your kitchen first thing tomorrow morning

lol dis comments made my day hahah
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by centboy123456(m): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
melejo:
Let them learn from Nigeria and buy generator, it would help a great deal. Quote me and see EFCC and DSS discover $2m in your kitchen first thing tomorrow morning

how they go tell discover am na abi tell me
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by kechywillz(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dem for on gen
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
common light when NEPA pole take, everything halt. Mtcshww... Nigerians can survive anywhere
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2017
ExInferis:

Financial workers dressed in casuals.

Yet in naija yeye execs demand people wear suits even in stifling heat due to some archaic way of thinking.

Since the blackout occurred on a Friday, it could have been "casual Friday" for the workers. "Casual Friday" is a day set aside by some companies for workers to wear casual attire.

1 Like

Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Mabelenena(f): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
grin grin This people, electricity na their weak point.. If u ever take away their electricity u will have them begging for mercy!
Re: City Wide Power Outage Hits San Fransisco, See The Shocking Aftermath In Photos. by Stanleysteno(m): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
bqlekan:
Shey that restaurant that closed because of power outage no get stove and gen nii? Hanhan sad bunch of lazy arses..

On a more serious note, what will happen to San Francisco if the power outage exceeds 30 days?
bros, are for real, 30 days too much na, just give dem 15 days , u go see say san Francisco go empty, e go be like a deserted area, dem go just migrate enter neighbouring cities wey get light

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / Donald Trump Casts His Vote In US Election, Met By Cheers & Some Boos (Video) / United States Electoral College Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.