Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

5 Interesting Things About Benin City - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (30669 Views)

Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 / 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by coputa(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
kayceerilyn:
I've been schooling in Uniben for four years now but I've not been to anywhere listed there.... Graduation goals
explore your environment,it's part of education

2 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Mayor101010(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
Benin City---Headquaters of the Nigerian Air Force.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by izobemheuwaize: 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
My state is the best state in Nigeria

Don't care what you talk about us
We don't rat on each other
we don't snitch on each other. # Thirdeastcircular

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Softing(m): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
Benin is rich, fun to be and meet new friends, benin is a Bolling town. Lovely girls and cute rich guys. Is fun you will like it if you have the money. Is not for...... People.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Slymonster(m): 2:51am On Apr 23, 2017
kayceerilyn:
Lol.... Who are you again?
Someone you have to find out.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 3:47am On Apr 23, 2017
Where is that BininEmpire look at what people are saying about your people, like hating us will make your people look better? That is why Edo state is where its and go get a life fool.. Yes we have our own bad side but you cant denied we have potential to be great despite being a minority in and out of the state.. I always shake my head anytime a benin person is insulting us here but do Edo state really have a good name on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 23, 2017
hardbody:

##Scrutinizing the possible existence of wings......

They almost forcefully initiated my uncle into ogboni, he had to run to lagos and start life afresh. I holidayed there severally, their boys and girls na gboro...

Even when we used to travel east by road as a family, my dad always reminded the driver....this is bini ooo.....and that was all he needed to say

everybody in that town is a bomb waiting to be detonated

,hehehehhehe, since everyone here is a bomb waiting to explode, why not go to Ogun or maiduguri grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by kayceerilyn(f): 7:04am On Apr 23, 2017
Slymonster:

Someone you have to find out.
I'll rather pass

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by kayceerilyn(f): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2017
coputa:
explore your environment,it's part of education
Hmmm... Alright sir
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by TinaAnita(f): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2017
The only heartbeat of the nation
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by CONFAMA: 10:06am On Apr 23, 2017
Drienzia:
Life in Edo is just like living in Sambisa
..Talking from experience, 6 out of every 10 youths in the state er either cultists or touts... I never wished to stay/visit that state again. The couple of years I spent there was really bad experience. A state were u can't walk with your phone in your hands, were telling youths "Good morning" is an offence. People die everyday cause of cultism... Spits

Nawa o. What else do they expect apart from good morning?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by CONFAMA: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2017
2dugged:
all this people will just jump on any edo thread and out of ignorance and type trash, as if there are no witches in their tribe
note;before you quote to counter, state your tribe so I can tell you the evils peculiar with your tribe

E pain am grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by CONFAMA: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2017
tejaylo11:
Idiots online,tell me UR state let me open ur page
Mtchwww

E pain this one too grin
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Drienzia: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2017
CONFAMA:

Nawa o. What else do they expect apart from good morning?
they see it as you wanting to form most educated... ediats prefer "Bros I hail o" "I greet u senior man" u get?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by CONFAMA: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2017
nickxtra:
I hope to have a house in Benin someday. Life in Benin as a young gentle man brought out the hardness, ruggedness and dexterity in me. I love Benin, thanks to the care from Evans Abura, D1, Nosa kolo, Osas raga, Collins Ihondor, Nosa Black, Romeo, Pako, Ehime, Osayi, the Osulas and Onaghinors of Lagos street, Gladys and friends who were always there for me, Sarah, Edith, mama Eseosa, FR, Emperor, Tessy, my Oluku, Ekosodin, Ugbowo ( Omolete), TV Road, Wire Rd, Siluko and Ekenwan Rd friends. I will never forget you all.

...all these strong names you are mentioning... were you a cultist?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by CONFAMA: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Drienzia:
they see it as you wanting to form most educated... ediats prefer "Bros I hail o" "I greet u senior man" u get?

Omg... Just imagine.

I no fit survive that kind area o...
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Drienzia: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2017
CONFAMA:

Omg... Just imagine.

I no fit survive that kind area o...
After Borno state, Edo should be the 2nd unsafe place to live in 9ja... those quoting me and throwing insults, er just demonstrating what i explained, im not surprised, that's the character of the typical Edo youth..."touts"

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Lovexme(m): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2017
The average Nigerian is stereotypical.

See how this thread reeks of stereotypical remarks and hypocritical beings. Pity!
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
CONFAMA:

E pain am grin
troll, if you can't obey simple instructions by stating your tribe, this is the last reply you will get from me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by nefertitiram: 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
goldedprince:
things you didnt mention.
1- their women are wold class olosho
2- their witchcraft no get part 2
3- their women kill their men early so they can inherit everything
4...............most of their men are certified arm robbers.
the notorious anini is from there

Number 3 shows how ignorant you are about theEdo culture.

If a man dies, his first son inherits everything. Not his wife or daughters. So tell me, how exactly does she gain when she kills her husband?

Take this five naira. Go and buy yourself brain in New Benin Market
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by CONFAMA: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
2dugged:
troll, if you can't obey simple instructions by stating your tribe, this is the last reply you will get from me

tongue

E still dey pain am....

grin

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by goldedprince: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
nefertitiram:

Number 3 shows how ignorant you are about theEdo culture.

If a man dies, his first son inherits everything. Not his wife or daughters. So tell me, how exactly does she gain when she kills her husband?

Take this five naira. Go and buy yourself brain in New Benin Market
at least the world have seen someone confirm all my point except number 3.
as for number 3, i have have seen a very rich guy that got killed by his wife cos he was so rich. they didnt have a son. all they had where 2 little girls. the woman is presently a certified landlady as i speak to you.
well , from your statement, you send only his son can inherit his riches. so meaning if the man is rich but has no son , then the edo witch woman inherits it all. its the same thing i am saying here
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by nickxtra(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
CONFAMA:

...all these strong names you are mentioning... were you a cultist?
No, but made friends across board
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Ade3000yrs(m): 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
its fairly Ok for those with farming at hrt
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Ade3000yrs(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
A handful of my relatives and senior members of my family finished from UNIBEN. I know a handful of friends from benin and UNIBEN, all I can say is that their daring spirit and desperation amazes me as if they are from another part of the world. I believe the natives are been overiden by excessive and strong presence of a defective culture. However, when it comes to Education and studies, I respect the Benin's and Edo's. The height of wide spread devious acts by the natives is what stuns me. The only way to change Benin is to review d activities and curriculum of UNIBEN, to send an inquisitional body to look into every fiber of culture in the state. Change UNIBEN and you will transform Benin cos d rate of desperation, cultism, yahoo boys, funny initiation into some funny kind of cults, hit and run boys, harmed robbery I believe there are a lot of defective culture been projected at the Edo's and Benin people from this custodian of norms institutions.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
It's amazing how some people will sit at the comfort of their homes and join the bandwagons spewing trash about a state u av never been to.Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but dat doesn't deter the fact that Edo state is one of the most peaceful and accommodating states quote me anywhere. I could recall few years ago,before the demise of HRH.Oba Erediauwa,when the Muslims were killing the Christians and the Christian started revenging,it was the late Oba's palace that the Muslims ran to for refuge .And the Oba being a peacemaker sheltered and fed them for days,and then settled the disputes and today everyone is living in peace and harmony.
Am not an indigen but av lived a huge chunk of my life here.I can satisfactorily say that most of the horrible news making rounds on nairaland just dis week alone came from other states of which they are they ones spewing trash about Edo state.
Am not saying Edo state indigens do not have their own flaws ,but then this is applicable to all other states.Majority of the people here are the IBO's,Yorubas and Hasusas all living here and doing their businesses peacefully.So why the fuzz? is it only in Benin that witchcraft is practiced?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by martha89: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
BininEmpire:

look at this hypocrite ,let this post pain you and no matter how you try nobody will change their view about your people not especially when you are hating your neighbors who dont have your time..
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
martha89:
look at this hypocrite ,let this post pain you and no matter how you try nobody will change their view about your people not especially when you are hating your neighbors who dont have your time..

Mr. Man you're the one hating here,

I know you're happy to hear people say rubbish about the State,

Ingrate!!!
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Malayy(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2017
DUMCHRIS:
I love Benin city is a cool place even though you may have bad elements or two. It is better than staying in the East. Land is fairly cheap especially at the outskirt such as sapele road, and its environs. Food is relatively cheaper and you see original goods more than fake ones as their marketers do all this London sales stuff unlike ...... Mind u am from Delta
see his fufu face..
better than staying in the east indeed
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Flipmac(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
nickxtra:
I hope to have a house in Benin someday. Life in Benin as a young gentle man brought out the hardness, ruggedness and dexterity in me. I love Benin, thanks to the care from Evans Abura, D1, Nosa kolo, Osas raga, Collins Ihondor, Nosa Black, Romeo, Pako, Ehime, Osayi, the Osulas and Onaghinors of Lagos street, Gladys and friends who were always there for me, Sarah, Edith, mama Eseosa, FR, Emperor, Tessy, my Oluku, Ekosodin, Ugbowo ( Omolete), TV Road, Wire Rd, Siluko and Ekenwan Rd friends. I will never forget you all.
Na wa o. Na speech dem tell you to write?

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Flipmac(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
Gaddafithe2nd:
Benin city will be the last city I will live in Nigeria, most of their males (youths) are cultist, most of their ladies are easy to phuck. They are dubious, they love to travel out of the country, they see it as a priority. If you are a stranger and you are dating their ladies, you might be attacked by cultist. [b]The last but not the least, both their educated and non-educated people don't obey traffic ligh[/b]t.
You're savage like Tiwa

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Flipmac(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
olagamalin:

Guy Calm down,I was born in Ilorin, I live in Lagos, I did vacation several times in Enugu & Onitsha with my Dad, I spent a year at OAU (during which I stayed outside campus and visit Osogbo during weekends) before switching to Lag, I went to Law School at Bwari, Abuja, I was at Uyo for about 3weeks during my undergraduate days as well as Tinapa in Calabar. Ibadan is more or less a second home. My State of Origin is Ondo State and I can never forget the 1week experience in Zaria (2001). I may not be the most travelled guy around, but I recognize courtesy and homely disposition when I see one.

So pardon me when I reiterate the brusque mannerism et discourteous culture-shock I encountered in Benin, it is not to malign "your people" in any way, but I try to call a spade a spade, not necessarily a big spoon.

Above all Sir, Different strokes for different folks. Perhaps it's where I stay here #Peace
Jesus!. Take it easy Sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead / FG Declares 2-month Free Ride As Osinbajo Flags Off Lagos -abeokuta Rail Feb.6 / Lagos-Bound Bristow Helicopter Crashes Into The Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.