Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) (30047 Views)

THE COCONUT VILLAGE......HOME OF UNADULTERATED COCONUT PRODUCTS / Only People With No Home Training Eat Eba And Fufu With Their Hand. / Coconut Fufu - Healthy Nigerian Swallow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by ThisTrend(f): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2017

Coconut fufu can be made with desiccated coconut (Chaff left after the coconut oil has been extracted) For this fufu, I made it with the coconut chaff and added a little guinea corn flour; a little garri too or any starch to help the fufu bind together. The aim is to consume more roughage (fibre) with little or no carbohydrates so I used 1 cup coconut chaf with just half a cup of flour and the fufu is so filling as I could only eat half of that quantity and I was full, had to keep the other half in the freezer to microwave when I need it.

After cooking coconut rice, making coconut oil or getting out coconut milk, the bulk chaff shouldn't be disposed as it can be useful in so many ways like I just made fufu with mine. It can also be sprinkled in your coconut rice, baked as coconut cake, fried with egg added for coconut pancake or sugar added and made into coconut candy.

I just made my coconut oil and will post later.

COCONUT FUFU PROCEDURE:
After extracting the coconut milk, the chaff is sun dried and used for many things like I said earlier, here they are used for making fufu.

First, I added the half cup guinea corn flout to water (watery) and placed on the cooker, it boils for about 3 to 4 minutes and while stirring I begin to gradually sprinkle in the coconut flour. I do this until the desired thickness is achieved.

Note: Too much coconut flour can make the fufu not bind very well. I like to sprinkle in a pinch of salt here. My coconut fufu is ready. Serve with any soup of choice. I served this with low cost afang soup.

The pictures below explain better.

INGREDIENTS FOR THIS COCONUT FLOUR FUFU:
*. 1 cup dried desiccated coconut
*. 1/2 cup flour (guinea corn in this case. You can make with a little of any edible starch to help bind the coconut chaff.
*. Water
*. Salt (Optional. I like the taste of this fufu with a pinch of salt)

Blended coconuts are sieved, the milk extracted from the chaff with the help of a cheese cloth, you can sieve with the cloth used in making pap (akamu). The last picture here shows the coconut milk in a different bowl from the chaff. Then, the chaff goes for drying in the sun or oven. I dried these in the sun.

Making the coconut fufu: The dried chaff is added to a little starch and made into fufu. Here I used half a cup of guinea corn flour to a cup of dry desiccated coconuts to make my fufu as shown.

Making the coconut fufu. I sprinkled a little salt though, that's how I like my fufu sometimes.

This is the coconut oil I made from the extracted milk before using the chaff for my fibre-filled fufu.

Enjoy!

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/04/recipe-how-to-prepare-coconut-fufu-with.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Dominique, ishilove, fynestboi,

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by celestialAgent(m): 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
All this preparation of one meal?

Mr/Mrs Op

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by 2021: 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
great
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by olujastro: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Wetin man no go hear. Apple fufu nko?

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by adeniyi3971(m): 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nice! con add snake for the soup!!

haa! lala go just bless you with FP till Jesus come

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by mantosa(m): 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
V
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by ijayebonyi(f): 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hmmm, coconut fufu
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Turks: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
I never even chop coconut made out of cassava finish.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Splinz(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
shocked

Wow, this is a new one. Nice, my wife will try it. smiley

5 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Na wa o, ona belle o
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Rilwayne001: 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
angry sad
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
That will be good.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by adeniyi3971(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Turks:
I never even chop coconut made out of cassava finish.

bruhh! Wat you saying??

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Hades2016(m): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Make I run go make my own coconut fufu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
I've never heard of this -coconut fufu before... Thanks op for giving me what to look forward to this coming week..

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by eemjay(f): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Interesting! Looks nice though. Pls share procedure for cold pressed coconut oil. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by djlaqua91(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
For the Keto dieters cheesy

9 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by babkunlex(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Creativity with coconut___wehdone
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
adeniyi3971:

bruhh! Wat you saying??
the guy hasn't taken his afternoon drugs...

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
@op Why did you add pictures to this post...
Hunger don dey catch me now...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
This is very interesting, coconut fufu cheesy
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by octopusfreaky(f): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
adeniyi3971:

bruhh! Wat you saying??
lol, he is confused.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by kentochi(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
good one
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by DavSagacity(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
And u called this Akpu..? This one weak me walahi
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by CharlieMaria(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Here to read comments
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by AlphaStyles(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
na my first time to hear coconut fufu mehn see requirement I rather stick with cassava fufu grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by SalamRushdie: 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
I actually ate this for lunch today with some Nice Ofeidu soup and washed it down with one very cold bottle of Sans cream soda smiley
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by ODAROOMS(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Everything na shop shop for dis country. kiss
Nothing sweet pass the kin soup wey I wan take shop the swallow food tongue
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
I
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by miqos02(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
good
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Mznaett: 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
If e no be garri e no fit be garrigrin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It / Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.