Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) (30046 Views)

THE COCONUT VILLAGE......HOME OF UNADULTERATED COCONUT PRODUCTS / Only People With No Home Training Eat Eba And Fufu With Their Hand. / Coconut Fufu - Healthy Nigerian Swallow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Iamdmentor1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
Person will eat this one and na have difficulties in shitting.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by seunny4lif(m): 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
grin grin
I no fit oooooh
Any other method grin
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by roeb1987(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
Wetin our ear no go hear for this recession period! sooner or later we go dey hear food like: pineapple garri! apple fufu! palm-kernel eba! etc

1 Like

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by piperson(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
sollybaby

this would be nice
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by FTBOY: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
coconut fufu
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by nNEOo(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
It would be a regrettable waste for u op,to, perish on drugs,
but i am a generous ghurd,i could make you dig beyond measure,
Others say you should stand, all I ask is you Kneel. And take the cure of your hallucinations.

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by jeepcy(f): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by lepasharon(f): 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
I hate anything coconut flavoured!
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by kuchikau1: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
i can neva date/marry a woman wey blood dey comot frm her big toto every 28 days.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by kuchikau1: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
ThisTrend:

Coconut fufu can be made with desiccated coconut (Chaff left after the coconut oil has been extracted) For this fufu, I made it with the coconut chaff and added a little guinea corn flour; a little garri too or any starch to help the fufu bind together. The aim is to consume more roughage (fibre) with little or no carbohydrates so I used 1 cup coconut chaf with just half a cup of flour and the fufu is so filling as I could only eat half of that quantity and I was full, had to keep the other half in the freezer to microwave when I need it.

After cooking coconut rice, making coconut oil or getting out coconut milk, the bulk chaff shouldn't be disposed as it can be useful in so many ways like I just made fufu with mine. It can also be sprinkled in your coconut rice, baked as coconut cake, fried with egg added for coconut pancake or sugar added and made into coconut candy.

I just made my coconut oil and will post later.

COCONUT FUFU PROCEDURE:
After extracting the coconut milk, the chaff is sun dried and used for many things like I said earlier, here they are used for making fufu.

First, I added the half cup guinea corn flout to water (watery) and placed on the cooker, it boils for about 3 to 4 minutes and while stirring I begin to gradually sprinkle in the coconut flour. I do this until the desired thickness is achieved.

Note: Too much coconut flour can make the fufu not bind very well. I like to sprinkle in a pinch of salt here. My coconut fufu is ready. Serve with any soup of choice. I served this with low cost afang soup.

The pictures below explain better.

INGREDIENTS FOR THIS COCONUT FLOUR FUFU:
*. 1 cup dried desiccated coconut
*. 1/2 cup flour (guinea corn in this case. You can make with a little of any edible starch to help bind the coconut chaff.
*. Water
*. Salt (Optional. I like the taste of this fufu with a pinch of salt)

Blended coconuts are sieved, the milk extracted from the chaff with the help of a cheese cloth, you can sieve with the cloth used in making pap (akamu). The last picture here shows the coconut milk in a different bowl from the chaff. Then, the chaff goes for drying in the sun or oven. I dried these in the sun.

Making the coconut fufu: The dried chaff is added to a little starch and made into fufu. Here I used half a cup of guinea corn flour to a cup of dry desiccated coconuts to make my fufu as shown.

Making the coconut fufu. I sprinkled a little salt though, that's how I like my fufu sometimes.

This is the coconut oil I made from the extracted milk before using the chaff for my fibre-filled fufu.

Enjoy!

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/04/recipe-how-to-prepare-coconut-fufu-with.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Dominique, ishilove, fynestboi,
i can neva date/marry a woman wey blood dey comot frm ur big toto every 28 days.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by 2buffagain(m): 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Wow this is really interesting.
The issue with our Nigerian foods is that its too high on carbs.
Some people's bodies and metabolisms handle excess carbs differently but for most of us, it tends to lead to weight gain.

It's easy to get a healthy Nigerian soup (green, leafy ones are the best) but the challenge is always in finding the healthiest okele (swallow).
Hi-fibre, Lo-carb Coconut okele would make sense....also I love coconut. Coconut oil is my fav body oil and cooking oil for making stew.

If someone made a business around coconut fufu, I'd be willing to invest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by denceann: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
This is good for those watching their weight. I usually thicken mine with just not garri
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Senorprinz(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Splinz:
shocked
Wow, this is a new one. Nice, my wife will try it. smiley

what will happen to you if both you and your wife try it together?
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by justmenoni: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Op, you're actually eating the flour , eba or starch..your coconut chaff is just a flavor

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by technicallyrich(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
kuchikau1:
i can neva date/marry a woman wey blood dey comot frm ur big toto every 28 days.
you just wnt to be fuuny.but is ok to make people laugh sometime.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by dmz1: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
truly this recession is too bad for people to be eating waste and be calling it food.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by emeke042(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
olujastro:
Wetin man no go hear. Apple fufu nko?
lol na hp fufu
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by kuchikau1: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
technicallyrich:

you just wnt to be fuuny.but is ok to make people laugh sometime.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by kinah(f): 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
which soup is that pls? @op
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by symbianDON(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
quite innovative recipe....I will try it out. nice one op
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by beckytunde(f): 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
ThisTrend:

Coconut fufu can be made with desiccated coconut (Chaff left after the coconut oil has been extracted) For this fufu, I made it with the coconut chaff and added a little guinea corn flour; a little garri too or any starch to help the fufu bind together. The aim is to consume more roughage (fibre) with little or no carbohydrates so I used 1 cup coconut chaf with just half a cup of flour and the fufu is so filling as I could only eat half of that quantity and I was full, had to keep the other half in the freezer to microwave when I need it.

After cooking coconut rice, making coconut oil or getting out coconut milk, the bulk chaff shouldn't be disposed as it can be useful in so many ways like I just made fufu with mine. It can also be sprinkled in your coconut rice, baked as coconut cake, fried with egg added for coconut pancake or sugar added and made into coconut candy.

I just made my coconut oil and will post later.

COCONUT FUFU PROCEDURE:
After extracting the coconut milk, the chaff is sun dried and used for many things like I said earlier, here they are used for making fufu.

First, I added the half cup guinea corn flout to water (watery) and placed on the cooker, it boils for about 3 to 4 minutes and while stirring I begin to gradually sprinkle in the coconut flour. I do this until the desired thickness is achieved.

Note: Too much coconut flour can make the fufu not bind very well. I like to sprinkle in a pinch of salt here. My coconut fufu is ready. Serve with any soup of choice. I served this with low cost afang soup.

The pictures below explain better.

INGREDIENTS FOR THIS COCONUT FLOUR FUFU:
*. 1 cup dried desiccated coconut
*. 1/2 cup flour (guinea corn in this case. You can make with a little of any edible starch to help bind the coconut chaff.
*. Water
*. Salt (Optional. I like the taste of this fufu with a pinch of salt)

Blended coconuts are sieved, the milk extracted from the chaff with the help of a cheese cloth, you can sieve with the cloth used in making pap (akamu). The last picture here shows the coconut milk in a different bowl from the chaff. Then, the chaff goes for drying in the sun or oven. I dried these in the sun.

Making the coconut fufu: The dried chaff is added to a little starch and made into fufu. Here I used half a cup of guinea corn flour to a cup of dry desiccated coconuts to make my fufu as shown.

Making the coconut fufu. I sprinkled a little salt though, that's how I like my fufu sometimes.

This is the coconut oil I made from the extracted milk before using the chaff for my fibre-filled fufu.

Enjoy!

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/04/recipe-how-to-prepare-coconut-fufu-with.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Dominique, ishilove, fynestboi,

Weldone op, God bless you
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by smoooty11: 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
See as kpomo full every where. Op you dey forbid chicken?
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Gemc3(f): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
This post came to me at the right time.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by samobaba(m): 6:41am On Apr 23, 2017
@ op you make this to discourage people from appreciating your good intentions. You copy this meal from keto meals and keto lifestyles. what is best used to thicken the coconut fufu is the phsyllum husk ( a kind of fiber) the meal is recommended for people fighting fat and avoid carbs. it's a nice swallow in place of wheat as swallow. There are other swallows like carbagge fufu and egg plant amala. Check up ketogenic lifestyles for more low carbs meals.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by 2buffagain(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gemc3:
This post came to me at the right time.

Why? tongue
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by 2buffagain(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
samobaba:
@ op you make this to discourage people from appreciating your good intentions. You copy this meal from keto meals and keto lifestyles. what is best used to thicken the coconut fufu is the phsyllum husk ( a kind of fiber) the meal is recommended for people fighting fat and avoid carbs. it's a nice swallow in place of wheat as swallow. There are other swallows like carbagge fufu and egg plant amala. Check up ketogenic lifestyles for more low carbs meals.

Post links please
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Gemc3(f): 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
2buffagain:

Why? tongue

Lol. Was reading up on ketogenic meals. This is one of them.
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by sollybaby(f): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
piperson:
sollybaby

this would be nice
it would make you cough
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by geekybabe(f): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
There is no way i am going through all dat extraction stress when i can buy my coconut products in a supermarket.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by yomibabe(f): 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
for those that want to give it a trial, I have the coconut flour and oil for sale. chat with me on 08155532088
Re: How To Make Coconut Fufu With Desiccated Coconut (chaff) by Funmicoconuts(f): 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
2buffagain:
Wow this is really interesting.
The issue with our Nigerian foods is that its too high on carbs.
Some people's bodies and metabolisms handle excess carbs differently but for most of us, it tends to lead to weight gain.

It's easy to get a healthy Nigerian soup (green, leafy ones are the best) but the challenge is always in finding the healthiest okele (swallow).
Hi-fibre, Lo-carb Coconut okele would make sense....also I love coconut. Coconut oil is my fav body oil and cooking oil for making stew.

If someone made a business around coconut fufu, I'd be willing to invest.

You seem to be a healthy fitfam.... Is this offer still open

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It / Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.