Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? (21036 Views)

Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / WANTED: Brick Sellers Or Recommendations For Brick/block Suppliers In Lagos / BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by obongitiad(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good day house,

Our company is currently working on building a housing estate with at least 100 housing units of 2 to 3 bedroom flat apartments.

Based on the figures we are getting, it appears that it is cheaper to build with clay bricks than with the conventional sandcrete blocks and cement only. Our aim is to produce affordable housing units for Nigerians and building with bricks seems to be one of the best ways to achieve that.

However, we will like to know from the professionals in the house if it is advisable to embark on such a project with bricks. Will Nigerians pay for and opt to live in brick houses at this time?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Laird(m): 10:05am On Apr 25, 2017
Boss I think You have to talk to builders personally
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by obongitiad(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2017
Laird:
Boss I think You have to talk to builders personally

Thanks. Am on it already.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Kaellivi(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
obongitiad:
Good day house,

Our company is currently working on building a housing estate with at least 100 housing units of 2 to 3 bedroom flat apartments.

Based on the figures we are getting, it appears that it is cheaper to build with clay bricks than with the conventional sandcrete blocks and cement only. Our aim is to produce affordable housing units for Nigerians and building with bricks seems to be one of the best ways to achieve that.

However, we will like to know from the professionals in the house if it is advisable to embark on such a project with bricks. Will Nigerians pay for and opt to live in brick houses at this time?

Thank you.

Our company produces fired clay bricks, and I have a good idea of the demand in various areas, I may be able to help if you provide me with a location.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by obongitiad(m): 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Kaellivi:
Our company produces fired clay bricks, and I have a good idea of the demand in various areas, I may be able to help if you provide me with a location.

Thank you very much. How much do you sell your bricks? Are they interlockable bricks?

We are looking at building in Port Harcourt, Uyo and Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by EfeEj(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
obongitiad:
Good day house,

Thank you.

Hello OP,

People will definitely buy and live in these houses if they are structurally sound and we'll finished. Take a look at Amen Estate on Eleko road, Lagos as a case study. The estate employs same concept you are proposing. Most of the buildings are sold out. A lot of Celebrities and influential people live there even though it's quite a distance from the town.

Once you get your studies right, and with the right implementation, I think the sky will be your starting point.

Regards,

Arc. Efe

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by money121(m): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by buskie13(m): 7:24am On Apr 26, 2017
I love to build with bricks because it's beautiful

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 26, 2017
Kaellivi:
How much will it cost to build a standard 4 bedroom apartment and how long will it take?

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by kygo(m): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2017
i heard its very lucrative but expensive too
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Pavore9: 7:25am On Apr 26, 2017
Personally, I have a preference for brick houses.

9 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 26, 2017
I believe bricks are way more cheaper than cement

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by airsaylongcon: 7:26am On Apr 26, 2017
obongitiad:

Thank you very much. How much do you sell your bricks? Are they interlockable bricks?

We are looking at building in Port Harcourt, Uyo and Lagos.

My worry with these locations is that they are super humid. Poor quality bricks in humid conditions will disintegrate in no time.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2017
Dunno about demand but it's fvcking expensive.

Tried in Accra, drained my pocket cry but worth it especially for personal house.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2017
megrimor:
I believe bricks are way more cheaper than cement
Looool

Wake up brother. Brick house no be child's play.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Ajgal10(f): 7:28am On Apr 26, 2017
Benue state has their unique style of burnt bricks and it is very beautiful and durable. I dont know why they havent exported the Benue Bricks to other parts of Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2017
Kaellivi:
Pic of your fired bricks please.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 26, 2017
brick house in Nigeria....... not a bad idea sha

meanwhile whatsapp me for ur midweek/weekend sure bet9ja games
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by BlackBaron: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Bricks are quite expensive in Nigeria. Costs more I think. Show us some of your work and estimated costs please.
Also, I'd rather have buildings with other components than cement blocks but the lack of expertise is the issue especially among local builders.

Example is use of gypsum panel blocks to build houses considering we have abundance of this material in the country.

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by 2baga(m): 7:32am On Apr 26, 2017
It's a no brainer, if the overall design is tasteful and facilities are well put together..... you'll surely be amazed by people's response

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by izzou(m): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2017
obongitiad:
Good day house,

Thank you.

Remember me when e start abeg

I dey find work

grin

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by helphelp: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2017
I doubt bricks are cheaper...

Do your research and findings well before gobe sets in
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by bignero: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2017
ifyalways:
Dunno about demand but it's fvcking expensive.

Tried in Accra, drained my pocket cry but worth it especially for personal house.

Do you stay in Accra?
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 7:39am On Apr 26, 2017
Laterite bricks are cheap especially with regards to materials. However, the process in making them is cumbersome and stressful. A building with this brick does not require wall rendering (plaster and screed) or paint saving a lot of costs.

Red bricks as often called are aesthetically beautiful.

The major downsides are the fact that conduit electrical and mechanical services are not supported. Secondly, in areas where you need wall tiles such as kitchen and bathrooms, it will be difficult to achieve because of the smooth nature of the red brick wall. The bond of tiles to wall may not be strong if not done well and can easily fail. Thirdly, these projects are planned for humid areas of Nigeria, Red brinks are very bad conductors so would serve as thermal insulation keeping a lot of heat and humidity inside the house. This house will be more uncomfortable to live in without AC.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 7:51am On Apr 26, 2017
bignero:

Do you stay in Accra?
Nope.
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 26, 2017
Semi and fully detached five (5), four (4) and two (2) bedroom duplexes with all rooms ensuite and BQ, are up for sale.
Facilities: Gym, Swimming Pool and Event Centre.
Flexible payment options available.

Call/WhatsApp: +2348138718647; +2348023480776; +2348169173378
Info@naijapropertiesonline.com
www.naijapropertiesonline.com/listings/2nd-toll-gate-ochid-hotel-road-eleganza/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 26, 2017
adanny01:
Laterite bricks are cheap especially with regards to materials. However, the process in making them is cumbersome and stressful. A building with this brick does not require wall rendering (plaster and screed) or paint saving a lot of costs.

Red bricks as often called are aesthetically beautiful.

The major downsides are the fact that conduit electrical and mechanical services are not supported. Secondly, in areas where you need wall tiles such as kitchen and bathrooms, it will be difficult to achieve because of the smooth nature of the red brick wall. The bond of tiles to wall may not be strong if not done well and can easily fail. Thirdly, these projects are planned for humid areas of Nigeria, Red brinks are very bad conductors so would serve as thermal insulation keeping a lot of heat and humidity inside the house. This house will be more uncomfortable to live in without AC.
You spoke like a pro. What i'v been waiting to read.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by bignero: 7:57am On Apr 26, 2017
ifyalways:

Nope.

Ook
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by saydfact(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2017
a
Re: Is There A Demand For Brick Houses In Nigeria? by peter0071(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2017
airsaylongcon:

My worry with these locations is that they are super humid. Poor quality bricks in humid conditions will disintegrate in no time.
your fears can be solved by baking the bricks in an industrial oven. Brick houses can be a good venture

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake / How To Mix And Measurement Of A Concrete / Buy Cheap Plots Of Land In Lagos From N500,000 And Start Building Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.