Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam (1154 Views)

Is This Elite Entrepreneurship Training Consult A Scam? / 7 Reasons We Should Stop Killing Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
Have you ever had a shear thought that gosh, life is a scam? Well probably not. Though there are times where you probably questioned life. So How is Life a Scam? Lets first attempt to define the major terms in this context.

What is Scam?

Scam simply means a fraudulent deal. To defraud or embezzle. A swindle in which the mark, or victim is defrauded after his/her trust has been won.

And What is Life?

Life is the state of being alive, you know - living. You still have breathe. Meaning, you are yet to kick the bucket.

Life is like a big merry-go-round,You're up and then down, Going in circles trying to get to where you are. Everybody's been counting you out, Where are they now? Sitting in the same old place, Just faces in the crowd. We all make mistakes, You might fall on your face, But you gotta get up!

Reasons Why Life Can Be A Scam

Mortality

The first sad news we come across is that we are not here to stay. One day, we will surely die. Why is this a scam? Well we know we will die, but we don't know when. So should I just sit idle and await the inevitable fate? Or should I do some running around and amass wealth?

Should I repent and be born again now before its too late or should I tarry in sin a little longer?

Is it safe to go on this trip? I should probably forfeit this once in a lifetime opportunity to board a flight to Dubai?. There have been news of plane crash every now and then. What if the one I board crashes?

Whatever we want to do, we are constantly reminded that death is inevitable.

Of what profit is it to me to end up like that foolish man in the Bible who after amassing so much died without enjoying the benefit.

Wouldn't it be a better bargain if we are very much informed of our time of departure? So we could plan and work according to time. Know what we can or can't achieve?

Sadly I'm not referring to gender inequality here but simply the gender - male and female. How is this a scam? She is pregnant and child is about to be born. But do we get to chose the gender of the child? Two groups are defrauded of this choice. The couple and the child.

Does life give the couple the choice to pick their desired gender for this child, if it should be a boy or girl? Many couples want it balanced. Probably boy, then girl, then boy, then girl again or viz.

Imagine that igbo woman praying fervently for a male child after 7 daughters only for her to give birth yet again to another girl. How much joy can she muster behind the disappointment? Where is the heir to carry on the family name?

That woman with so many sons, with desire for a daughter to comb and plait her hair, tender her skin, to assist in the kitchen, to teach that family recipe, that wears her shoes and makeup, to give out in marriage. Did she bargain to have a football club of sons?

They say the man determines the gender of the child. But that's not entirely true. He only release sperms bearing XX and XY chromosomes. He doesn't get to chose which sperm gets to the egg first. If only each testicles bares XX and XY sperms separately and man be able to prevent either from releasing its stock, then he would truly be able to determine the sex of the child. But no, it just had to be mixed. What a scam!

What about the child itself? Doesn't it get the choice to be what it wants to be? To be a boy or girl? Often times​ we see chicks wishing they were dudes and dudes wishing they were chicks. If that gay could chose, won't he had come out as female, or that lesbian, to come out as guy so their interest would be as it ought to be?

Heck! Some crazy even go about changing their body parts to be the other gender. What a scam!

Dependency

As little children, we are totally dependent on our parents and guardians. We can't provide food for stomach, clothing for our unclothedness, shelter for our head, etc.

And as we grow, we crave for a bit of independence, where we can get that handbag mummy doesn't want to buy for us, that phone, headphone, game, memory card, etc. We need our own money to take that girl out. We are tired of dad and mom's reluctance to give us some money - the probings, complains and warnings attached.

So we take up some menial jobs - teaching in private schools, sales boy or girl, a cleaning job, our personal venture such as selling of lemonade, recharge cards, blogging, etc. But the little money we make can barely take care of our immediate needs. It can't take care of rent nor food. Who is gonna take care of the costly stuffs like our tuition fees, dues, etc? Who else but those who we are trying desperately to be independent of? So it turns out we only gained a little bit of semi-independence.

Everyone keep gearing to be independent but the scam is that we can never really be independent. A CEO depends on his employees as much as they depend on him for their wages. A merchant with no employee depends on his customers to patronize his goods and services. A farmer depends on soil and rain.

Heck! We even depend on food and air for survival. A man depends on a woman to be able to procreate and have children.

We will always be dependent. The more we try to seek independence, the more we are gonna end up dependent. It's just another scam of life.

Technology

The rate at which technology is changing since its conception is hard to catch up with. New models of vehicles, PCs, mobile phones, etc are presented annually with one or two new features. Especially mobile devices! Take the iPhone series for example. There came iPhone 5, then 6, 6s, 7 and now we are looking at iPhone 8. Android 4, 4.2, 4.4, 5, 6. And all these are just within 2-3 years. A person buys a recent device, say iPhone 7, and starts feeling on top of the world. Not long after, iPhone 8 gets unveiled. The iPhone 7 becomes outdated, old school. Now the user start looking for ways to raise cash to buy the new device. What a scam!

I decided to scoop around for others point of views as regarding life as a scam. There were a few extra valid reasons. But I decided to pick out the following three reasons.

Adulthood

When you’re a kid you imagine how life would be as an adult. As an adult you can start making money, you are gonna buy a Lamborghini or Ranger Rover, build a mansion, you can vote, you can drive, you can drink, stay up late and wake up whenever you like (to hell with the 5 am alarms) get married and have kids, etc. It seems that being an adult is awesome and it truly is but there’s load of stuff that no one prepared you for. The unemployment, the corrupt government, the responsibilities, etc.

Competition

Competition in itself is not a problem; it helps to push human beings to levels of excellence. Who really doesn't like the Olympics or at least what they stand for? Many tears has been shed while watching them. But the typical person seems not to know when to turn off the competition, when to just be real and not to be trying to win at all costs. Thus, although competition should not be discarded from our training, more emphasis must be placed on knowing when to cooperate rather than compete. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Life cannot be an endless scam, whereby we must keep on our toes at all times or get gotten.

MM Schemes Get Rich Quick - Get Scammed!

Every week millions of people receive dozens of "Make $100 in a day!" offers in the email. All well packaged and tempting, of course, and some of them seem easy. But, after we've sent in our $25 "registration or startup fee" or some other such thing, we find out that in order to make that $100, we will have to run out and mug people on the street, because what we've received is some old bogus plan that would take two lifetime to pay off.

Naturally, in the "inspirational" tape or writeup that might come with any cheesy product we might receive for our hard-earned money, we are told that if we don't make the $100, it is because we aren't working hard enough. "It all depends on how much you put into it!" we are cheerfully reprimanded.

Then there's the happy, happy MLM companies that also promise us $1,000,000 if we simply make all of our friends and families buy dozens of bottles of whatsamagigs and whooseywhats, so that they can then make all of their friends and families buy some, and so on and so forth - the cycle continues. "Then you tell two friends, and then they tell two friends," etc. Sure, some people have become rich through MLM, but far more people have been left holding the bag(s).

Over to you, is life really a scam? What do you think?

http://www.mazinoweb.com/2017/04/7-reasons-why-life-is-scam.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Elkay3: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
Voices from the lagoon...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Flirtyjane(f): 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
Elkay3:
Voices from the lagoon...

loool grin

The article make sense....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Elkay3: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Flirtyjane:

loool grin

The article make sense....

Eh shocked!!!! As e make sense, no forget say na only person wey dey alive na him sense the benefits am.

Abeg, look the sweet sides of life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by delishpot: 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
No be small thing!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Flirtyjane(f): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
The article just dey buttress the uncertainty of life and not negative or boring life...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Ay04z(m): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
nice write up...but give ur life to Jesus Christ..may God forgive all our sin..
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by metropillar: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
Eleyin gidi gan

Creative writing, welldone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by menxer: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
What OP is trying to articulate is the principle of uncertainty, which states that "the more precisely you measure one quantity, the less precisely you can know another associated quantity."

In this case childhood - adulthood, poverty - wealth, good - evil, foolery - knowledge/wisdom, independence - dependence, hunger - satiety, love - hate, night - day, hot -
cold pairs.

The more you to tend to one side of the pair the less you tend to the other. You can't know/experience both equally at the same time. Those are pairs I came up with it can be a variation of any pair form.

Can you measure the temperature of boiling water and the freezing temperature of that same at the same time?

To know and experience tomorrow you must let go of yesterday, today is just a transition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by menxer: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ay04z:

It's what OP is talking about, can you know/experience the joy of Salvation of Jesus and the ecstasy of the vilest form of demon gay sex at the same time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Gossiplover: 12:02am On Apr 23, 2017
Ay04z:

You are just a confused preacher.
Do you even the relationship of the op with God?

This article give us reasons to ponder about life...you can never has two of different events at the same time..eg you cannot be a boy and at the same be a gal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Smjayjay: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2017
I buy $10, $15, $25, $50, $75 and $100 iTunes Gift Card at 220per dollar(negotiable)..With payments without delay.. Contact me 08186026083... Also help broadcast!!! Thanks! +2348186026083
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 05, 2017
Hmm
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by marveangel(m): 5:37pm On May 05, 2017
The biggest scam I life is that no one even cared ask if you wanted to be born... It like someone just push you into this circus without even asking if you have any interest in it.... Before we were born we should at least be given an option to come or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Gossiplover: 7:33am On May 06, 2017
marveangel:
The biggest scam I life is that no one even cared ask if you wanted to be born... It like someone just push you into this circus without even asking if you have any interest in it.... Before we were born we should at least be given an option to come or not.

So if you were asked, you won't prefer to come to life?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 9:58am On May 06, 2017

Adulthood is the biggest scam of all grin

Like when I was a kid, I was so curious to grow up and now as person don grow, Yuh then realize the scam and wish to travel back in time to childhood cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Flirtyjane(f): 2:13pm On May 12, 2017
Tuham:

Adulthood is the biggest scam of all grin

Like when I was a kid, I was so curious to grow up and now as person don grow, Yuh then realize the scam and wish to travel back in time to childhood cheesy

You make me laugh

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 let others comment o...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 12, 2017
Flirtyjane:

You make me laugh

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 let others comment o...
Kikikiki grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Yeyegist(f): 9:45am On May 17, 2017
Gossiplover:

You are just a confused preacher.
Do you even the relationship of the op with God?

This article give us reasons to ponder about life...you can never has two of different events at the same time..eg you cannot be a boy and at the same be a gal.

Lalasticlala

lol
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 18, 2017
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Gossiplover: 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
I came across this article again after something happen to me today. Truly life is scam

Lalasticlala, obinoscopy, lawyer
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by newsentryportal: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
delishpot:
No be small thing!

grin

You dey suprise? For me life na vanity. Nobody go carry im billions go grave. Infact na dead people no get problem
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Flirtyjane(f): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
newsentryportal:

grin

You dey suprise? For me life na vanity. Nobody go carry im billions go grave. Infact na dead people no get problem

If dead people no get problem, then go kill yourself so your problem will be solved.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Gossiplover:
I came across this article again after something happen to me today. Truly life is scam

Lalasticlala, obinoscopy, mynd44, Dominique

You dey call Lalasticlala where don see this post for a long time?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Flirtyjane:

If dead people no get problem, then go kill yourself so your problem will be solved.

Wicked
Re: 7 Reasons Why Life Is A Scam by delishpot: 9:23am On Nov 01, 2017
newsentryportal:

grin

Life is not really vanity for those who are blessed in doing what they like and benefiting from it. It's best to align one's self with the purpose of life while on Earth. That is why it is best to align kids from a young age so they grow up in knowledge and grace. Once dead, nothing can be done or enjoyed with that flesh again.

(1) (Reply)

Best Camping Tent / Answer This And Win 200k Instantly / My Advice To The Vp Statement At Lekki Petrol Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.