Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

How To Know That You Have Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know That You Have Faith (5209 Views)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(tue. 15/08/2017) Have Faith In God / Even The Atheist Have Faith! II. / What is faith? And how do I know I have faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know That You Have Faith by divinehand2003(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2017
How to Know That You Have Faith

Good news, God has dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

Nobody can say that "I cannot believe that God can do great miracles in my life or save me, or I cannot believe that God loves me", because we all have a measure of faith. The question is what do you need to do with that measure that God has dealt to you?

See what the Bible says about "How would I know that I have faith?" Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you,not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Build your faith by hearing God's Word. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. The Word clearly states that faith comes by the hearing of God's word. Either by reading God's word, listen to other Godly friends testimonies, to listen to the Word of God Sunday mornings/evenings in church or in the children church. To hear the promises of God everyday will surely build your faith. Example of promises Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. and Romans 8: 28 explains that the life of faith works out right:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

Build your faith so that you can please God. Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. A good example is Abraham. In the apostle Paul’s letter to the Romans he says about Abraham that he was not startled by God's promises: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that: what he had promised, he was able also to perform (Rom 4:19-21).

Pray expecting your answer. Build up your faith by praying in the Holy Spirit: (Jude20, 1Corinthians14:14)

Live by faith. To know what it means to live by faith, you should know what faith means. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. To have faith in in God's promises is not based on what you see, but on the fact/evidence that you believe God although you do not see the answer hoped for with your natural eyes yet. You should live by faith and not by sight, for example: If you lose your job, then you should believe that God is helping you find a good job. You should begin thanking God every morning that you are already receiving a new job, although you do not see it yet. When you apply for work, know it is on its way; that confidence will show through. That's faith. Confidence in God's ways. Romans 1:17 says,

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, 'The just shall live by faith'.

http://m.wikihow.com/Know-That-You-Have-Faith

4 Likes

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by SuperSuave(m): 8:06am On Apr 23, 2017
Move mountain.

If you can't move mountain then you don't have faith. angry Shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by YesNo(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2017
Walk On Water

You can even do a couple of back flips on our little River Niger if you have STRONG FAITH.

OR....

You can go to IDP camps and use 5 loaves of bread to feed the whole camp then come back home with some baskets of leftovers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by ObasanjoQuotes: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2017
If the invigilator screams..3minutes more!! and that your friend with rope on his glasses you've been disturbing since the exam begun told you to wait a little and you are still waiting... You have faith!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by rookidmart: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2017
If you can heal an amputee...
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by YesNo(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2017
Kiss an Ebola patient if you have even the smallest faith.

is Kiss too much?

Oya Hug nko?
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by YesNo(m): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2017
Marry someone called Faith...
Examples

Notorious B.I.G and FAITH Evans.
Oyedepo & Faith Oyedepo.

If ur girlfriend or side chick or wifey is called Faith... Brother you have faith.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by sheguy(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2017
All dis nairalander no go kill person with laugh

1 Like

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by ecgreb(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
You have faith when you have no option for anything you believe God for
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Adedeji013(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Thank God for this piece the OP just shared. It ministered to me so much.
I'm engaging faith provoking principles and lifestyle from this week and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by itsloba: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Many believe that faith is what you need to recieve things from God, or when will pray without faith God won't answer us. I believe thats a superficial approach to what faith is. From heb 11: faith is believing, and hoping. Faith is believing that God (despite the fact no one has seen him) has the power to save from from sin(thats why faith in God is essential for repentance),faith involves believing the attioning work of Jesus is sufficient to take away our sins. And also faith involves hope, hope for an eternal life., hope that after this sinful world there's a place of rest of the saved.
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Once you confess and believe christ you have the faith of the son of God
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by ScepticalPyrrho: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Your write-up doesn't address the topic at all.

I'm sure you intentionally avoided the logical way of knowing that you have faith.

Make the sun stand still or add 12 more hours to this weekend.

Just for test run.
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by SuperSuave(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
YesNo:
Walk On Water

You can even do a couple of back flips on our little River Niger if you have STRONG FAITH.

OR....

You can go to IDP camps and use 5 loaves of bread to feed the whole camp then come back home with some baskets of leftovers.
grin easy bro! it's funny how the thread has been on front page for some hours now and still has less than 15 replies
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Kingingdave: 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
I believe in Jesus christ.
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Mar 16, 2023
divinehand2003:
How to Know That You Have Faith Good news, God has dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

Nobody can say that "I cannot believe that God can do great miracles in my life or save me, or I cannot believe that God loves me", because we all have a measure of faith. The question is what do you need to do with that measure that God has dealt to you?

1 See what the Bible says about "How would I know that I have faith?" Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you,not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Build your faith by hearing God's Word. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. The Word clearly states that faith comes by the hearing of God's word. Either by reading God's word, listen to other Godly friends testimonies, to listen to the Word of God Sunday mornings/evenings in church or in the children church. To hear the promises of God everyday will surely build your faith. Example of promises Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. and Romans 8: 28 explains that the life of faith works out right:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

Build your faith so that you can please God. Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. A good example is Abraham. In the apostle Paul’s letter to the Romans he says about Abraham that he was not startled by God's promises: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that: what he had promised, he was able also to perform (Rom 4:19-21).

Pray expecting your answer. Build up your faith by praying in the Holy Spirit: (Jude20, 1Corinthians14:14)

Live by faith. To know what it means to live by faith, you should know what faith means. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. To have faith in in God's promises is not based on what you see, but on the fact/evidence that you believe God although you do not see the answer hoped for with your natural eyes yet. You should live by faith and not by sight, for example: If you lose your job, then you should believe that God is helping you find a good job. You should begin thanking God every morning that you are already receiving a new job, although you do not see it yet. When you apply for work, know it is on its way; that confidence will show through. That's faith. Confidence in God's ways. Romans 1:17 says,

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, 'The just shall live by faith'.

http://m.wikihow.com/Know-That-You-Have-Faith
OP, do you still believe in all of the above ? undecided
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Mar 16, 2023
Kingingdave:
I believe in Jesus christ.
What do mean by that claim? undecided
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by divinehand2003(m): 5:37am On Mar 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
OP, do you still believe in all of the above ? undecided

100%.
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
divinehand2003:
Build your faith by hearing God's Word. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.The Word clearly states that faith comes by the hearing of God's word. Either by reading God's word, listen to other Godly friends testimonies, to listen to the Word of God Sunday mornings/evenings in church or in the children church. To hear the promises of God everyday will surely build your faith. Example of promises Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. and Romans 8: 28 explains that the life of faith works out right:

1. The very same Paul, in Romans 2, insists that hearing(auditory perception) of God's law alone does not endear one to God, but rather the doing of the Law is what makes one right with God. And doing of God's Law — obedience to God's teachings and commandments — is what we know from examining the case of Abraham — is what Faith is in fact about. undecided
12 People who have the law and those who have never heard of the law are all the same when they sin. People who don’t have the law and are sinners will be lost. And, in the same way, those who have the law and are sinners will be judged by the law.
13 Hearing the law does not make people right with God. They will be right before him only if they always do what the law says(Obedience).
14 Those who are not Jews don’t have the law. But when they naturally do what the law commands without even knowing the law, then they are their own law. This is true even though they don’t have the written law. - Romans 2 vs 12 - 14
So, if you have all this while been under the notion that hearing alone builds your faith, it means you have been wrong, doesn't it? undecided
Re: How To Know That You Have Faith by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
divinehand2003:
■ Build your faith so that you can please God. Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. A good example is Abraham. In the apostle Paul’s letter to the Romans he says about Abraham that he was not startled by God's promises: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that: what he had promised, he was able also to perform (Rom 4:19-21).
1. According to Jesus Christ, it is only those who submit themselves to obeying the teachings and commandments of God that are pleasing to God - John 14 vs 15 - 24. They alone enjoy the goodness/love of God in Jesus Christ - John 15 vs 9 - 11. So, any faith that excludes obedience(works) does not honor or please God as it is not a faith of God's kind. As James said, it is dead. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Do You See God? - Olamide Obire / Feel Free To Ask Me Questions On My Beliefs About The God Who Revealed The Bible / BREAKING NEWS! Fossil Supporting Evolution Theory Of Man Turns Out FAKE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.