Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church (9266 Views)

Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC / Femi Fani-kayode Punished By 'madam' For Coming Late To Dinner / Peter Obi Arrives Late To World Igbo Congress. See What He Did Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Dandsome: 8:19am On Apr 23, 2017
TIPS ON HOW TO OVERCOME GOING LATE TO CHURCH

1. Iron all your outfit before you sleep.

2. Polish / clean footwear before you sleep.

3. Get your Bible/ handbook/ tablet/ bags etc ready at one place.

4. Get your offering also ready.

5. Sleep early.

6. "Even when I get there early, I won't meet anyone"
Avoid the above saying. Get there early and let someone come and meet you. Don't forget you are also someone.

7. Washing on Sundays before Church is not really encouraging. It may delay you.

8. If taking your bath will make you late, it's better to bath early as soon as you wake up or before going to bed on Saturday or wait until you are back from Church.

9. If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the Church, always make allowance for extra time for in case of anything. For instance, if service is 8 AM and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to Church, it's always better to leave home 7:40.

10. Don't give room for friends and relatives visit you few hours to fellowship. If they come when you are preparing to church, take them along (to Church) or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.

NB: Going to Church early ignites the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don't be a habitual late comer to Church, it's a dishonour to your God.....

OTHER POINTS TO NOTE

- Go straight to church and stop gossiping on the road.

- yes we know you just got a new camera phone like the iPhone 7 or the Tecno Camon CX, yes we know the camera is sharp and crystal clear, but then don't kill time by taking selfie anyhow on your way to church. You can take selfie after church. After all your phone won't get lost and your clothes won't change colour.

- Get your change ready. You don't want the bus conductor to delay you on a Sunday morning. Why would you give the bus conductor or bike man N1000 note for a N50 or N100 fare? He go delay you die.

- It's not anywhere you hear football argument that you'll put nose inside. Because they played a match on a Saturday afternoon or night and your favorite team was "cheated", then you'll stop on your way to church to argue your point out with newspaper stand commentators.

- For heaven sake, why will you want to start charging your phone on a Sunday then you're supposed to be dressing up for church? Yes we know "PHCN" no de try at all, but then you can get a phone with a longer lasting battery like the Tecno L9+ which comes with a 5000mAh battery, or buy a Gionee marathon or any phone with a strong battery. Even, better still get a small power bank. (The later part of this point is especially if you have your Bible installed in your phone and you won't go to church with a hard copy Bible)

- If your high heeled shoe will delay and drag your movement, why not wear another shoe or better still wear something casual and then when you're about to enter church you "knack* your high heel back? Ladies know what I'm talking about grin

- If your breakfast will delay you, skip the breakfast or better still prepare something the previous night so you can just warm it in the morning. After all if you no chop on a Sunday morning you no go die. Man shall not live by bread alone tongue

Oya add other points you think I didn't add.

I'm coming let me go and iron my clothes, they just brought light cheesy cheesy cheesy (na joke o)

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Tallesty1(m): 8:22am On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks Op, this will be helpful to many people. Though it's impossible to be always on time but continual lateness does not express love for God and others so let's avoid it.

I used to go late to my previous church because the Pastor's wife can sing nonstop and she wouldn't allow you to sit down and clap in peace so I started skipping her time.

Not like I hate praises and worship but I easily get weak and uncomfortable standing at one place.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by sakalisis(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Okies
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by AnuforoIK: 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
we don't go to church we go to Biafra meeting or we go to church on Saturday. Because any church on Sunday is fake not from Chukwu Abiama.

Why politics section mods?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by enigmagu1(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Apt
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Crauxx(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Cant believe you used iphone7 and a tecno phone angry in the same sentence
Btw
Better churches like the catholic church have different services for people who cant make it to one.
Pick one service and get there on time. If it were a meeting with the president you wouldn't dare be late.
Lets give God the respect he deserves

5 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Galacious1: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2017
What I need are: tips to help me go to church. I'v stopped going since last October. I now prefer reading novels, writing, or cooking on Sunday mornings.

6 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by investigator007: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Lol.. This is so true as true can be. Especially the part of those arguing at the newspaper stand in the morning when going to church. Some things you can't take away from ladies is taking selfie, so let them enjoy their Tecno Camon CX in peace.

I realize that it's mainly guys that prefer the Tecno L9+ probably because they browse and play games more than the ladies and the battery doesn't disappoint at all.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by tafat: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
investigator007:
Lol.. This is so true as true can be. Especially the part of those arguing at the newspaper stand in the morning when going to church. Some things you can't take away from ladies is taking selfie, so let them enjoy their Tecno Camon CX in peace.

I realize that it's mainly guys that prefer the Tecno L9+ probably because they browse and play games more than the ladies and the battery doesn't disappoint at all.

Very true. Ladies love selfie die. UT why are you calling guys who use the Tecno L9 plus out? U shld be happy that the battery will last longer for them and they don't need to go 2 church just for the purpose of charging phones. grin

At least Tecno don do another good thing 4 guys be that

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
Alright
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
Crauxx:
M

M for madam
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by smith666999(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2017
even when I do all that i still go late to Church. lateness is just in me Like PEAK.

maybe they should just shift the time for my 1st church service to a later time so I can be meeting up!

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Crauxx(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2017
Weselion:

M for madam
Na you be boss.
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2017
I see your CX point o!
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by sureinfo: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2017
This is one hell of a hilarious but true list

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by SuperSuave(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2017
And you're just posting it this Sunday morning? angry

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Work and school where there is stiff punishment for being late. People come late. Not to talk of church where there is no punishment for not even going at all.

Lateness to some people is like peak milk.
It's...........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Dandsome: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2017
Crauxx:
Cant believe you used iphone7 and a tecno phone angry in the same sentence

What's wrong there? They are both phones. Or probably I should have used a torchlight phone and another torchlight phone for example? Na example I de give. Besides those are two phones I know that have good camera quality
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by walls01: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2017
the important thing is to have a reason for going to church in the first place.
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Afam4eva(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2017
For a lot of people, going late to church is intentional. For me, when i used to go to church, i prefer getting there when the pastor is already preaching.

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by dangotesmummy: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Fulfilling rituals as usual yet our holier than thou attitudes is not always showing in our cold,dirty,stinking and evil streets littered with touts and motorists who perpetually constitute nuisances including okadas
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by aralomo1(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2017
Okey
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by megareal: 8:32am On Apr 23, 2017
I don try to go church early tire. E be like say devil get hand for my mata. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by NotNairalandi(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2017
cool

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Cape02(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2017
Lolz
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by thesicilian: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2017
Most people deliberately go late to church, in order to reduce the amount of time spent in the church.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Siscooh: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2017
Dandsome:
TIPS ON HOW TO OVERCOME GOING LATE TO CHURCH

1. Iron all your outfit before you sleep.

2. Polish / clean footwear before you sleep.

3. Get your Bible/ handbook/ tablet/ bags etc ready at one place.

4. Get your offering also ready.

5. Sleep early.

6. "Even when I get there early, I won't meet anyone"
Avoid the above saying. Get there early and let someone come and meet you. Don't forget you are also someone.

7. Washing on Sundays before Church is not really encouraging. It may delay you.

8. If taking your bath will make you late, it's better to bath early as soon as you wake up or before going to bed on Saturday or wait until you are back from Church.

9. If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the Church, always make allowance for extra time for in case of anything. For instance, if service is 8 AM and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to Church, it's always better to leave home 7:40.

10. Don't give room for friends and relatives visit you few hours to fellowship. If they come when you are preparing to church, take them along (to Church) or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.

NB: Going to Church early ignites the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don't be a habitual late comer to Church, it's a dishonour to your God.....

OTHER POINTS TO NOTE

- Go straight to church and stop gossiping on the road.

- yes we know you just got a new camera phone like the iPhone 7 or the Tecno Camon CX, yes we know the camera is sharp and crystal clear, but then don't kill time by taking selfie anyhow on your way to church. You can take selfie after church. After all your phone won't get lost and your clothes won't change colour.

- Get your change ready. You don't want the bus conductor to delay you on a Sunday morning. Why would you give the bus conductor or bike man N1000 note for a N50 or N100 fare? He go delay you die.

- It's not anywhere you hear football argument that you'll put nose inside. Because they played a match on a Saturday afternoon or night and your favorite team was "cheated", then you'll stop on your way to church to argue your point out with newspaper stand commentators.

- For heaven sake, why will you want to start charging your phone on a Sunday then you're supposed to be dressing up for church? Yes we know "PHCN" no de try at all, but then you can get a phone with a longer lasting battery like the Tecno L9+ which comes with a 5000mAh battery, or buy a Gionee marathon or any phone with a strong battery. Even, better still get a small power bank. (The later part of this point is especially if you have your Bible installed in your phone and you won't go to church with a hard copy Bible)

- If your high heeled shoe will delay and drag your movement, why not wear another shoe or better still wear something casual and then when you're about to enter church you "knack* your high heel back? Ladies know what I'm talking about grin

- If your breakfast will delay you, skip the breakfast or better still prepare something the previous night so you can just warm it in the morning. After all if you no chop on a Sunday morning you no go die. Man shall not live by bread alone tongue

Oya add other points you think I didn't add.

I'm coming let me go and iron my clothes, they just brought light cheesy cheesy cheesy (na joke o)
This is very interesting my dear. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by tosyne2much(m): 8:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Na 7am me I kuku dey reach church grin

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by preetymee(f): 8:36am On Apr 23, 2017
Avoid sex on Saturday nights so u don't feel guilty facing God in church the next day. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by ObasanjoQuotes: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2017
Op so mk I no baff go church? Issoryt.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Baamivic: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2017
May God help us christians not to be going late to church.
Re: Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church by Dandsome: 8:39am On Apr 23, 2017
preetymee:
Avoid sex on Saturday nights so u don't feel guilty facing God in church the next day. undecided
Aaaaahhhh
Yeparipa

For the sake of the heavens why will you even think about this? Nawaoooo. What kinda phone do you use?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ganduje $5m Bribery Scandal: Kano Court Restrains Assembly Probe Panel / Hardship: Declaring State Of Emergency Will Fail – Ohanaeze Tells Tinubu / We’re Not Granting Amnesty To Boko Haram Members – DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.