Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction (680 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2017
Warning against idleness

"6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer (pastor) who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teachings you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” 11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busy bodies.12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good. 14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer". - 2 Thessalonians 3 - 15

If you still pay 10% tithe to a pastor, then you are a compound dummy

cc: Seun, mynd44,lalastica

2 Likes

Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by hopefulLandlord: 10:44am On Apr 23, 2017
Hell awaits you if you don't pay tithes

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by oglalasioux(m): 10:47am On Apr 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Really?

Now I understand.

God really needs money. What he is using it for is what baffles me.
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2017
The level of brain washing in churches these days makes me wonna cry.

It is so sad and unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by hopefulLandlord: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2017
oglalasioux:

Really?
Now I understand.
God really needs money. What he is using it for is what baffles me.
building mansions isn't cheap

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

building mansions isn't cheap

lol
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by An2elect2(f): 11:48am On Apr 23, 2017
onyenze123:
The level of brain washing in churches these days makes me wonna cry.

It is so sad and unfortunate.
If they were sheep, they would hear the Shepherd's voice.

They have eyes but they can't see. Ears but still deaf. I weep for all of them for they do not know what awaits them. They have placed themselves under the curse of the Law and won't escape the wrath of God that is coming upon them.
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
An2elect2:
If they were sheep, they would hear the Shepherd's voice.

They have eyes but they can't see. Ears but still deaf. I weep for all of them for they do not know what awaits them. They have placed themselves under the curse of the Law and won't escape the wrath of God that is coming upon them.

grin oh mehn
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Wey my christian friends? what do you have to say about this verse?
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by ellbreziy(m): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
How come bro!?? if you really are a Christian and you read your Bible very well you'll understand that tithe is meant for pastors and full time workers in the church.

Malachi: 3. 8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. - Bible Offline
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
ellbreziy:
How come bro!?? if you really are a Christian and you read your Bible very well you'll understand that tithe is meant for pastors and full time workers in the church.

Malachi: 3. 8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. - Bible Offline

Warning against idleness

"6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer (pastor) who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teachings you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” 11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busy bodies.12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good. 14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer". - 2 Thessalonians 3 - 15

Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by ellbreziy(m): 10:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Warning against idleness

tithe is meant for full time workers in the Church, and I'm sure you knw that God won't come down to collect it

Hebrews: 7. 5. And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
ellbreziy:
tithe is meant for full time workers in the Church, and I'm sure you knw that God won't come down to collect it

Hebrews: 7. 5. And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

The Hebrew verse you just quoted (I seriously doubt it is from God) was addressed to people living in a small geographic location in middle east called Israel 3000 years ago. How is that still relevant? Stop quoting a book that was written long ago and use your common sense. I showed you what apostle paul said:

: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by Topgainer: 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
ellbreziy:

Your full time workers and half time workers in the Church altogether are not Levites. They are not in anyway related to Levi. They lied to you. Jesus, Peter and Paul (tent-making in his spare time) were full time workers there is no record they made themselves Levites for the sole purpose of tithe or made a demand of it from any Christian. You think the Book of Malachi was not there then.
If you decided to dash 10% of your monthly salary to any African like Oyedepo and Company, note that that is not tithe, better find another name for it.
Re: Pay Your Tithe Gibberish; My Reaction by ellbreziy(m): 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:

The Hebrew verse you just quoted (I seriously doubt it is from God) was addressed to people living in a small geographic location in middle east called Israel 3000 years ago. How is that still relevant? Stop quoting a book that was written long ago and use your common sense. I showed you what apostle paul said:

: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I choose to believe

(1) (Reply)

Parables Of Otem / Gone / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/07/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.