Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Between Christ And Paul Teachings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Christ And Paul Teachings (705 Views)

Becky And Paul Enenche Celebrate Christmas With Widows, Orphans, Others / Prophet Livingston Kwame: If You Marry Jesus Christ And Nag, He Will Dump You / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Christ And Paul Teachings by Fran6ik: 10:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Having read so many christian denominational books and listening to preachings, i found out that Most pentecostal or modern day churches rarely preach from the words of Jesus but Paul.
Of which there are many things Christ taught that has been neglected by these christians.. In the whole life of Jesus, he was an example of Love and teaches love, in Mt 25:31-46 Jesus gave a guide of how he will Judge on the last day which simply is based of LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER..

but according to the revised Nigerian Paul teaching, it is all by grace and no need for charity works or taking it important for salvation.
This Nigerian pastors theology is even against the teaching of Paul in 1Cor13:13 when he said ...the greatest of These is LOVE..

Tithe appeared just once in the bible in the old testament book of malachi, but our pastors preaches this with so many treats because it involves money. I once asked a pastor why do you tell us more about Tithe but don't talk about the other old testaments laws and commandment, he told me if i am moved by the spirit, i will understand better that tithe to the Man of God is very important.. i just laugh..

If we can follow the life of Jesus and his teachings, i am sure this world will be better place for everyone to live.. though it is hard for people to accept the Gospel truth of Jesus for even our pastors will not want to share their property to the poor..

for example, if a politician wants to goto a church, the pastor welcomes the fat envelope as the man of God, but in the cases of Jesus and Nicodemus, Jesus fearlessly told him to sell off his property and give the money to the poor..

it is time we start educating our so called money conscious pastors to preach Charity to help make Nigeria a better place for us all according to the teaching and life of Jesus with whom we call our selves CHRISTIANS and stop using some portions of the old testaments about wealth accompanied with some writings of Paul to brainwash people for their hard earn cash..

2 Likes

Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by nuelsylves(m): 11:22am On Apr 23, 2017
The early Christians was known for charity. The pillar of Christians' success then was charity. History books told us that the pegans was all amazed that these people called Christians are helping each other. The Apostles and disciples of Christ all practiced charity. But todays Christianity is totally different that sometimes I ask myself are we still practicing the same Christianity the early Christians practiced.

1 Like

Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by An2elect2(f): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2017
Lmao Op I beg you to disassociate Paul's gospel of grace from these modern day robbers'corrupted grace that denies people of everything including common sense.
Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by zionmade(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
I guess u were d one dat called st Paul and it was ur ministry dat ensure d gospel spread to gentiles like Nigeria.
All these religious folks dat hate d gospel according to paul with passion.
The bible is complete no subtraction and no addition. Whether d gospel according to Paul or any other.
Grace is grace.
I wonder why some people feel holier dan God who authored d institution of grace
Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by Fran6ik: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:
I guess u were d one dat called st Paul and it was ur ministry dat ensure d gospel spread to gentiles like Nigeria.
All these religious folks dat hate d gospel according to paul with passion.
The bible is complete no subtraction and no addition. Whether d gospel according to Paul or any other.
Grace is grace.
I wonder why some people feel holier dan God who authored d institution of grace
No one is forming holy here.. let us take the truth and make the world a better place. It will do ur more good to give to the poor than abandon them in the cover of grace. even St. Paul tells us the greatest of all is LOVE..(which is Charity)..
please join make the world a better place and stop hiding from ur role to d world as a christian. and stop selecting where to preach.. Tithe, Offering, Grace (naijaversion), den wat more..preach Love, practice love and help make d world a better place for You and U

1 Like

Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by zionmade(m): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Fran6ik:

No one is forming holy here.. let us take the truth and make the world a better place. It will do ur more good to give to the poor than abandon them in the cover of grace. even St. Paul tells us the greatest of all is LOVE..(which is Charity)..
please join make the world a better place and stop hiding from ur role to d world as a christian. and stop selecting where to preach.. Tithe, Offering, Grace (naijaversion), den wat more..preach Love, practice love and help make d world a better place for You and U
Paul didn't preach Offerings and tithe so i dnt know where u are heading to.
Wen u understand grace u will find it easy to love.
Love is wen u look at someone's wickedness to u and yet u choose to help him. Grace is "u dnt deserve it but u will get it" so u can see d relationship.
If u mean grace to sin No Dat wasnt paul preached rather he preached grace to come out of sin and let d Holy spirit take over u.
D word of God d way it is is the truth in totality. No addition and no subtraction
Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by Fran6ik: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
zionmade:

Paul didn't preach Offerings and tithe so i dnt know where u are heading to.
Wen u understand grace u will find it easy to love.
Love is wen u look at someone's wickedness to u and yet u choose to help him. Grace is "u dnt deserve it but u will get it" so u can see d relationship.
If u mean grace to sin No Dat wasnt paul preached rather he preached grace to come out of sin and let d Holy spirit take over u.
D word of God d way it is is the truth in totality. No addition and no subtraction
i am not criticizing paul, but our naija pastors interprete paul preaching to be
Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by zionmade(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Fran6ik:
i am not criticizing paul, but our naija pastors interprete paul preaching to be
How many have u listened to and wat exactly did u hear dem preach. Can u quote one
Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by LLSAINT(m): 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Get it right! There was no teaching of Paul thus the argument does not arise Between Christ And Paul Teachings. All of Paul's teaching was Christ and the Finished work of the Cross.
Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Fran6ik:
Having read so many christian denominational books and listening to preachings, i found out that Most pentecostal or modern day churches rarely preach from the words of Jesus but Paul.
Of which there are many things Christ taught that has been neglected by these christians.. In the whole life of Jesus, he was an example of Love and teaches love, in Mt 25:31-46 Jesus gave a guide of how he will Judge on the last day which simply is based of LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER..

but according to the revised Nigerian Paul teaching, it is all by grace and no need for charity works or taking it important for salvation.
This Nigerian pastors theology is even against the teaching of Paul in 1Cor13:13 when he said ...the greatest of These is LOVE..

Tithe appeared just once in the bible in the old testament book of malachi, but our pastors preaches this with so many treats because it involves money. I once asked a pastor why do you tell us more about Tithe but don't talk about the other old testaments laws and commandment, he told me if i am moved by the spirit, i will understand better that tithe to the Man of God is very important.. i just laugh..

If we can follow the life of Jesus and his teachings, i am sure this world will be better place for everyone to live.. though it is hard for people to accept the Gospel truth of Jesus for even our pastors will not want to share their property to the poor..

for example, if a politician wants to goto a church, the pastor welcomes the fat envelope as the man of God, but in the cases of Jesus and Nicodemus, Jesus fearlessly told him to sell off his property and give the money to the poor..

it is time we start educating our so called money conscious pastors to preach Charity to help make Nigeria a better place for us all according to the teaching and life of Jesus with whom we call our selves CHRISTIANS and stop using some portions of the old testaments about wealth accompanied with some writings of Paul to brainwash people for their hard earn cash..
Hmmm.... this is really something.

So my thread concerning this very subject is not a first even in Nairaland sef?

To God be the glory that not everyone is spiritually blind and unable to see the glaring truth and difference between the Words of Jesus and that of Paul.

Though belatedly, I endorse this thread.

Weldone OP

1 Like

Re: Between Christ And Paul Teachings by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 05, 2019
Spot on!

(1) (Reply)

Why Atheists Are Confused And They Can't Find What They Are Searching For / I modified this because nairaland won't make a delete feature / Abuja Popular Pastor Asks For His Female Member's Nude Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.