Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene (1054 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene by barallanee(f): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
In the prose work written by chimammanda Adichie:purple hibiscus.to my opinion it was 'Jaja 'the son of PA Eugene who I think really opposed most of his strict attitudes... Which was very uncalled for because he took it beyond expectations. For instance pouring hot water on kambili legs,destroying jaja's right finger,being violent to his wife which made her get involved in many miscarriages..
Re: Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene by efemena23: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
barallanee:
In the prose work written by chimammanda Adichie:purple hibiscus.to my opinion it was 'Jaja 'the son of PA Eugene who I think really opposed most of his strict attitudes... Which was very uncalled for because he took it beyond expectations. For instance pouring hot water on kambili legs,destroying jaja's right finger,being violent to his wife which made her get involved in many miscarriages..

His greatest opposition, to me, came from aunt ifoma. it was even her that gave Jana's opposition strength and courage to break expression.
Re: Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene by barallanee(f): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
efemena23:

His greatest opposition, to me, came from aunt ifoma. it was even her that gave Jana's opposition strength and courage to break expression.
aunty ifeoma also came to my mind BT 'Jaja opposed hid dad in do many ways...thanks for ur own opinion dear...I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene by barallanee(f): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
efemena23:

aunty ifeoma also came to my mind BT 'Jaja opposed his dad in so many ways...thanks for ur own opinion dear...I really appreciate it
Re: Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
Aunty Ifeoma and by narration, the late Ifediora were the ones who would stand up to Eugene. Jaja also got hot water poured on his legs, as evidenced by the thick socks he and Kambili wore the next day. However, he was growing more rebellious after he got back from Nsukka. He refused to take communion at mass, and he insisted that he and Kambili would visit Aunty Ifeoma on said day at Nsukka before they travelled to America.

Papa-Nukwu was also not swayed. I think the interesting discussion would actually be the distinction in the moralities of Eugene, Ifeoma and Papa-Nukwu.

(1) (Reply)

What Does Dragastic Means And How Do I Use It / My Nysc Diary.... / End Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.