Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job (3745 Views)

Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain / My Husband Is Too Jealous / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 24, 2017
Never knew I would end up this way and something needs to be done very urgently. My huuby abuse me so much that he would say am useless, worthless and unemployable. Seriously having headache cos am lost in thought.

Can I make good of my life again? Have been talked down too much by my husband,why? This is me full of life and energy 10 years ago when I graduated, can I still get a good job to surprise my husband?

He even said he can't put himself in my level. Why did I not get the luck of a good job. Am so tired of the insults. I worked as a contract staff for 8 years in a telecomm company and am well experience in the customer service division.

Plssssss, if anyone is in a position to help, kindly help me get a job. I just need to prove to him that am worth something. I don't want contract jobs cos he said I can't move further than being a contract employee. I have suffered from his abuse and I don't know what to even do. I just cry and wipe my face and smile again but I just need to be financially stepped up so I can earn his respect atleast.

Imagine at 11pm someone insulting his wife.

I created this username to hide my identity. Pls mods help me push this to the section I can get help.
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by poshestmina(f): 12:31am On Apr 24, 2017
sad sad It's well.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by NevetsIbot(m): 12:38am On Apr 24, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by 2dice01: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2017
in a nutshell you need to a job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 24, 2017
Your husband is a useless man. With all his ego, skills, experience, connect, ambition and midas' successes, he should be able to pull out his phone and punch some numbers that would strum the strings to your gainful employment. Aren't you his significant other? He's a lippy fool or you're truly lazy.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by mykelmeezy: 1:45am On Apr 24, 2017
Antares:
Your husband is a useless man. He's a lippy fool .

just imagine human being labeling another person's husband

egbon op

first off you need not a job but you need to get busy

dont sit n wait for office job

or dont sit n wait for works with immediate roi

start with something small

recession has increased the anger level in the land

oh btw m not saying there aren't better Ways your husband coulda gone about it

but then

good luck to you tho

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by BlackDBagba: 3:10am On Apr 24, 2017
It's not about staying at home but your attitude.
Do you dress up and look good despite being at home?
Do you make yourself useful around the house.

Try and change your mindset too. When you need something to prove something to someone it just means you have - very low or no self esteem at all.

Good luck with your marriage. It's evident it needs work and not you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by aureen: 3:56am On Apr 24, 2017
Madam.

In life learning is a continuous thing.

Go and learn a skill so that you can become self-sufficient.

MONEY IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING.

You don't need to prove anything to him, work hard so that you can have your own money no matter how small and ensure you take care of yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Acidosis(m): 7:27am On Apr 24, 2017
Madam, nobody will employ you in order for you to spite your husband. Business is not a family affair.

Someone said your husband is a useless man... as bad as that sounds, I think a lot of persons here will agree with him whether they come boldly to say it or not.

You were gainfully employed for 8 years, yet he doesn't see any good in you? This isn't about contract or not. Even some full staff don't stay 8 years on a job. Statistics even show that 95% of new businesses shut down before the 5th year of operation, so something is seriously wrong with your husband..

It has nothing to do with being employed or not. He just doesn't love you anylonger, so do everything to make yourself feel good! Your husband should simply go and solve his problems... he should not infect you with his personal issues.. you have to tell him to pour his frustration elsewhere, refuse to be a waste bin that contains his trash... speak these words loudly, he'd have a rethink.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by cococandy(f): 8:22am On Apr 24, 2017
Yet they say women are the ones who mouth off when their partners are unemployed.

Sorry OP I wish I had a job for you.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by lastmessenger: 8:28am On Apr 24, 2017
When other men are opening business for their wife. Here we have your husband praying for you to get a job and be answering one man yes sir yes sir. Ask him to give you money to start a business. I personally won't like my wife to work a regular pay job.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2017
mykelmeezy:

just imagine human being labeling another person's husband

egbon op

first off you need not a job but you need to get busy

dont sit n wait for office job

or dont sit n wait for works with immediate roi

start with something small

recession has increased the anger level in the land

oh btw m not saying there aren't better Ways your husband coulda gone about it

but then

good luck to you tho
do you know what is abuse?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2017
My husband is not useless. His bad mouth and how he enjoys doing such is what I can't stand to comprehend. Recession hasn't caused it, he is like that from when we got married over seven years ago.

Someone said I might be lazy, am far from being lazy.

Business? He said he doesn't like me do business. He date girls and when I query he would say they are professionals. In his word 'you need to be like them before you can stand them'.

He can talk you into thinking of suicide. I pray God deliver him from bad mouthing. No one is perfect but when your imperfection greatly affect others around you, you need to work on it before it takes them away from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Femsyn(m): 9:08am On Apr 24, 2017
ihaveallpeace:
My husband is not useless. His bad mouth and how he enjoys doing such is what I can't stand to comprehend. Recession hasn't caused it, he is like that from when we got married over seven years ago.

Business? He said he doesn't like me do business. He date girls and when I query he would say they are professionals. In his word 'you need to be like them before you can stand them'.

He can talk you into thinking of suicide. I pray God deliver him from bad mouthing. No one is perfect but when your imperfection greatly affect others around you, you need to work on it before it takes them away from you.

Wow! Someone should ask me to close my mouth...

Kudos madam, you're the real MVP!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Acidosis(m): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2017
ihaveallpeace:

So what do you want us to do now? Pray along with you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2017
Acidosis:

So what do you want us to do now? Pray along with you?

Yes Bros pray. Lol

It will end well I surely do know my brother.
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2017
Your husband hates business, but love "professionals"?

That's a village man mentality. Sorry, but I don't mean insults, it is just what it is. If he was exposed enough to go for a higher degree (such as MBA), he would understand better.

Where are you based by the way?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 24, 2017
cool
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2017
ihaveallpeace:

All you said now make him even worthless.
A husband that will call his mistresses professionals to spite his wife, is that one husband?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2017
ihaveallpeace:

just look at you to his defence. Smh. This thread needs to be closed. If you need a job, get off your back and go find it or you take your troubles to the jobs section.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 24, 2017
Oyind17:
All you said now make him even worthless.
A husband that will call his mistresses professionals to spite his wife, is that one husband?
just imagine. Verbally and emotionally abusing her since they got together, sees other girls while married to her, and after he has directly or indirectly encouraged her joblessness for a decade, he makes it clear that he hates business which could help her wife out of the battered self-esteem condition she's currently in. What a waawu!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2017
One is useless/worthless if he/she is not useful in any area. No one is as far as am concerned.

Lagos @Acidosis.
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 24, 2017
ihaveallpeace:
One is useless/worthless if he/she is not useful in any area. No one is as far as am concerned.

Lagos @Acidosis.
ok, he's useless in the area of your joblessness. He has damaged your confidence level in your abilities. He chooses and respects other girls more than you while still in marriage with you. You called it DATING.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Eketem: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2017
Madam if you need a job say you need a job don't come and emotionally blackmail people to give you a job by claiming abuse.

If the issues with your husband are as you mentioned then you have greater problems than finding a job because he will find something else to use and abuse you.

Nobody will give you a job just so you can satisfy your husband

12 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Acidosis(m): 10:22am On Apr 24, 2017
ihaveallpeace:

Lagos @Acidosis.

You need to show him this thread.

If your only offence is staying out of a corporate job, then he has serious issues...very serious ones.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by mykelmeezy: 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Antares:
do you know what is abuse?
who says anything about abuse?
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by izzou(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
You knew he was bad mouthed and you still married him

Why are you complaining now? You love him naa

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Dyt(f): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
It's not about staying at home but your attitude.
Do you dress up and look good despite being at home?
Do you make yourself useful around the house.

Try and change your mindset too.

Pls add to it she should pray and fast
Wear red lingerie
Pole dancing

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by helinues: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
It is never too late ma. You really need to surprise him
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by mysticwarrior(m): 12:38am On Apr 25, 2017
Your husband is a useless man. With all his ego, skills, experience, connect, ambition and midas' successes, he should be able to pull out his phone and punch some numbers that would strum the strings to your gainful employment. Aren't you his significant other? He's a lippy fool or you're truly lazy.
she said she need a job and that is not enough for you to rain insults on her husband.
Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by bukatyne(f): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2017
ihaveallpeace:

Lagos @Acidosis.

Your problem is not a lack of employment; your problem is that your husband no longer (did he ever?) respects/love you and I tell you that even if you get a job today, he might have something else to hassle you about.

However, a lot of husbands don't/will not respect their wives if they brought 'nothing' financially to the table; even Yorubas call it 'alabodo'... a wife you feed to mess

@Stay at home mom: why did you decide to stay at home? Was it a joint decision or you felt that was what the home needed at that point. If it's the latter, then it's obviously not what your marriage needs and you need to dust your behind.

You also need to sort out the issue of infidelity (if you are bothered) and bad mouthing.... getting a job will not stop that.

@Men who don't want 'professional' wives who say 'yes sir' to bosses: no everyone aspires to sell rice & beans or have a supermarket...

And it is a delusional to think that you won't say yes sir to your customers if you want your business to grow.

President Buhari still says 'yes sir' to his godfathers.

Only few people have the luxury of not saying 'yes sir' to anyone and there is nothing wrong in serving people. Even the Bible says... You see the man diligent in his business; he will stand before (serve) kings and not mere men.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Abusive, I Need To Get A Job by Eketem: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
bukatyne:

Your problem is not a lack of employment; your problem is that your husband no longer (did he ever?) respects/love you and I tell you that even if you get a job today, he might have something else to hassle you about.

However, a lot of husbands don't/will not respect their wives if they brought 'nothing' financially to the table; even Yorubas call it 'alabodo'... a wife you feed to mess

@Stay at home mom: why did you decide to stay at home? Was it a joint decision or you felt that was what the home needed at that point. If it's the latter, then it's obviously not what your marriage needs and you need to dust your behind.

You also need to sort out the issue of infidelity (if you are bothered) and bad mouthing.... getting a job will not stop that.

@Men who don't want 'professional' wives who say 'yes sir' to bosses: no everyone aspires to sell rice & beans or have a supermarket...

And it is a delusional to think that you won't say yes sir to your customers if you want your business to grow.

President Buhari still says 'yes sir' to his godfathers.

Only few people have the luxury of not saying 'yes sir' to anyone and there is nothing wrong in serving people. Even the Bible says... You see the man diligent in his business; he will stand before (serve) kings and not mere men.

She is not a stay at home she has a job a contract job that is apparently not good enough for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Kindly Suggest Best Brand Of Washing Machine / Here Are 20 Things Authentic People Do Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.