Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds (20867 Views)

COVID-19: Chaos As Heritage Bank Workers Develop COVID-19 Symptoms, One Die / Okomu Oil Palm Co Plc Rewards Whistle Blowers / Bank Workers Move To Embark On Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Islie: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2017
By Mohammed Shosanya, Lagos

President of Association of Senior Staff of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions (ASSBIFI), Comrade Oyinkan Olasanoye, yesterday implored her members in the Insurance and Banking sector to get involved in the whistle blowing of any person or persons known to them to be involved in the practice of cash racketeering.

She said it was necessary in order to save the nation’s system from liquidity crisis beleaguering it..

“We urge our members as well as other players in the financial service industry to support the war on corruption in whatever capacity we can in order, to save our nation and ensure a more viable financial system and better society.

“As a responsible association, we can safely say that if all such funds are in the banking system today, the liquidity position will be different.

That ASSBIFI shall continue to support the efforts of government to rid the financial system of corruption at all levels.

She enjoined the federal government to go beyond the financial reward to whistleblowers, and put in place laws that will protect the whistleblowers against any form of retaliation.

She advocated the need for anti-corruption agencies to intensify efforts into preventive activities by working hand in hand with the financial system operators and regulators in ensuring that access to such cash is prevented at the commercial banks and the Central Bank of Nigeria.

She also advised the federal government to employ proactive approach to anti-corruption as against the present reactionary trend.

She added:”The people shall desire to see a more diligent prosecution of corruption cases and a stem in the tide of corruption cases being lost to lack of diligent prosecution”.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/bank-workers-to-blow-whistle-on-stashed-funds/194961.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by thesicilian: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Doesn't that violate professional ethics?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2017
See hammer...

Let me come and be going to work...It's not easy to be doing marketing to politicians grin grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Afam4eva(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
This is the best time to be working in a bank.

21 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by signature2012(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
This is ridiculous sad angry embarassed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by walearoy(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
thesicilian:

same thing i was thinking

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Abbeyme: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
ok o
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by MARKETfund: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
This is the best time to be working in a bank.

A friend told me that a certain banker flat-mate of his said that most of them big men are now converting their money to cryptocurrency.
10% is their commission lipsrsealed

Finally untraceable grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by aleeyus(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
One day somebody will blow his life

16 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by ozoemenaca: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
I laugh in vernacular
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by MadeInTokyo: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin

blow whistle and enter problem

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by abhosts(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
All the bogus Profits they declare is not enough. They now want to go after those stashing their cash elsewhere due to the nature of their business.
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by slimpoppa(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
thesicilian:

Exactly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by reyscrub(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
Good gesture.

So soon every sector are now encouraging whistle blowing service to our fatherland.

Infact, I'm already elevating my own to whistle blowing plus so that I can see hidden cart away money by super means.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by DONSMITH123(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
thesicilian:

WITH THE 5% INVOLVED?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by bumi10(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
ghen ghen

wat r dey even waiting for?
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by HitlerGaddafi: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
this whistle blowing is becoming a huge joke. It just shows how useless Nigeria and Nigerians can be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by kingthreat(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
I got a whistle to blow. I know about some yahoo boys in my area who hit $100 million last week. All I need for payment is a night 3some with Genevieve and Rita Dominic. Any EFCC member on Nairaland please quote me grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by paradigmshift(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
I weep

1 Like

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by SAMBHOSS(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2017
Come n take whistle ohh.....I get plenty

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Alitair(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2017
Buy your best quality whistle here for chikini money... Buy 2 get 1 free

Don't mind the person above... My own is automated. Just think and it blows

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by MARKone(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2017
No be when you get money for account to blow.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Victornezzar: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2017
We sell whistle now
As in d original one
grin
Message from the whistle association of Nigeria
grab urz now
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Justbeingreal(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2017
Ppl will stop putting money in banks then

Jagajaga countrY

2 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2017
Mtcheeew

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by GoodMuyis(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2017
HitlerGaddafi:
this whistle blowing is becoming a huge joke. It just shows how useless Nigeria and Nigerians can be.

Stop Generalizing it, You can be what you post

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5207612_stopandlearn_png710281d99a5d3ab13d3569749976c58e

5 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by beautiful232(f): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2017
hahahohohehe
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by BabaCommander: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2017
I hope the innocent folks will not be affected in the whistle blowing rave knowing how opportunistic and evil Nigerians can be.
Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Sketchandcraft(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2017
professional ethic in protecting criminals... did the criminals respect professional ethics before stealing our monies if they had obey the ehics there will not be whistle blower in the system..

3 Likes

Re: Bank Workers To Blow Whistle On Stashed Funds by Tenim47(m): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2017
tor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Waste Disposal Business / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Mother's 86th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.