Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort (25312 Views)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Stephanie Otobo’s Claim That She’s Now ‘born Again / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React / "My Mother Was Arrested" - Stephanie Otobo Speaks From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by ochejoseph(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
Usually I stay off threads involving Apostle Johnson Sulaiman for two reasons .

1. I know something is not right somewhere

2. I run the temptation of going against scriptures and enter into the relm of judging.

Unfortunately when I came across this screaming headline "Apostle Johnson Suleiman calls David mother a Harlort" I was alarmed, but I quickly decided to dubble check, this article is not meant to rubbish the clergy man or support his assertion but to present the truth

Glancing through several scriptures, commentary ,Jewish documents, books and internet Files here is what I discovered

1. The Bible provides little detail about the mother of David the most revealing insight into Davids family was made During Samuels visit to
Jesse's family to anoint a king

I sam 16 verse 1-13

2. Searches revealed that The name of Davids mother was Nitzevet, an Israelite woman . according to the Talmud, but she is not named in the Bible. She was an ancestor of the Kings of Judah accordingly to Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitzevet

3 . According to records Jesse was not the first man Husband of Davids mother.
Nahash an Amonite king was her first Husband
(2 Sam. 17:25, 2 Sam. 10:2) & (1 Sam. 11:1; 1 Sam. 12:12).
Note : under the old testament ( Mosaic Law) divorce was allowed .

This explains why Davids two sister's where fathered by Nahash and not Jesse (David had two half-sisters (Zeruiah, Abigail) 1 Chron. 2:13-16 .

So why do few analyst and "scholars" refer to this woman as a harlot ?

1. Perhaps one of their greatest weapon could be found in one of greatest Psalms of David. Psalm 51 they claim his mother was pregnant out of marriage.

Let's take a close look at Psalm 51
kindly note the emphasis David puts On himself..,

Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out MY transgressions.2 Wash me throughly from MINE iniquity, and cleanse me from MY sin.3 For I acknowledge MY transgressions: and MY sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Unfortunately, most people who want to reinforce the notion of Promiscuity will run to verse 5b

"in Sin did my mother conceive me"

David was not blaming his sin on his birth, but he was simply stating that even the circumstances related to his birth were surrounded by sin, and he also says that he was ”wonderfully” and ”marvelously” made by God in the womb (Ps. 139:13-14).

2. Another incident they try to use to justify this notion that does not edify is in 1 sam 16 asserting that Jesse did not consider David as one of his Sons that's why he was not considered as worthy of appearing before the prophet Samuel.

This is another speculation without any proof whatsoever.

Summary.
Davids mother was not a harlot, even the Torah advocates and those who claim his brothers treated him as a second class citizens as a result of his prayer will bow to the fact that even before slaying Goliath, his brothers were very interested in Davids safety and wanted him out of harms way as quickly as possible.

His parents were together and during his crisis period he sought safety for them

1 Samuel 22:3-4 "And David went thence to Mizpeh of Moab: and he said unto the king of Moab, Let my father and my mother, I pray thee, come forth, and be with you, till I know what God will do for me

The scriptures are explicit & God himself exposed the adulterous life of David as a king, if his mother was a harlot it would have been known, his blackmailers and enemies would have trumpeted it when he became a Israel's most wanted man .

Rahab a Harlot was an ancestor of Jesus as clearly seen In Mathew Chapter 1 :5 but to claim that Davids Mother was a harlot might be misrepresenting the truth and taking speculative commentary too far,

To end this little piece I will leave us with this scripture which has helped me from dwelling on unnecessary and unedificational theology.

'The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" Deuteronomy 29 vs 29

Our emphasis should be on Jesus who died for our sins, surrender your life to him today and give your life a true meaning.

Enjoy your week

Oche Joseph Otorkpa

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Fairgodwin(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
I think, no I don't think, I feel, no not feel, I believe it's high time Christians started doing thorough research and reading their Bibles [on their own, especially in their spare time].
I remember back then, as a young Christian, whenever the service(s) for the day were over, we would always write down every scriptural passages from the preacher(s) and at home we would start studying them on our own to be sure whatever was preached tallies with what is in the scripture, especially as regards the context in which the preacher used them.
We were very serious and open minded to learning, improving, and discerning things for ourselves scripturally and spiritually back then.
I remember our pastor would personally advise us to go through everything again on our own as Christians and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us understand them better. I remember he would say God might even give us understanding in a different way from whatever the preacher said.
Oh my young Christian soul, how hast thou lost it? I'm sure most Christians were like that too but [we] have all suddenly lost it as a result of spiritual laziness and lukewarmness.

So my advice to every Christian out there would be, don't just take in everything the Apostle [and or any other preacher] said hook, line, and sinker. Go for personal research on your own, read more of your Bible, follow your God and Jesus and NOT your pastors; amen!

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by yeyeboi(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by rozayx5(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
undecided
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by olaxx: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Attention seeking pastor.

Let us assume truely she was one. Is it not the man of god duty to honour her because of her son «King David» whom God was well pleased with.

He is just a god of men after all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by IAmOged(f): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Sojebrand(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
Chai this man matter again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Tazdroid(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I weak.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by sekundosekundo: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
I don't know who gave him the Apostleship title, talking rubbish without Bible reference. This man is nothing but a show man going up and down deceiving his deluded followers.

14 Likes 1 Share

Clear your name with Stephanie Otobo first

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by AntiWailer: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by bebe2(f): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
sad

Folks have lost it,

All this research on some accient book?

Can we pls concentrate this energy on Nigeria pressing issues lipsrsealed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by ErnieSmallzz(f): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
op, u get tym sha. See epistle undecided

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by cashboss2017: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
fake apostle...... check my trend

2 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by ask4double(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Distractions! Distractions!! Distractions!!!
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by snezBaba: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Whao whao whao!
So you believe a Nigerian would read this sir ? You faith strong pass olumo rock.

8 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
I believe this thread is for the gullibles and worshipers of God of men let me go to the other thread were i will see photos of women with big bottoms tongue grin

the person below will comment on my behalf, Bros tank! you oo! I troway nyash for Una! o!

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
Touch not my anointed
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Pamtoye(m): 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
nyc piece.......but dat pastor though......conroversial thing...
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Imoala: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
4th to comment
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by skilfulsagei(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
Thank you. Wonderful analysis!!!
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by phyllosilicate(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
What about Johnson Suleman's Mother?

3 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by rattlesnake(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
Na Owu dey cause all this arguments
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Blessed16(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
let me go and fry my beans biko
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by ikp120(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
And who cares?

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by godfatherx: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
God bless you OP

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup / Rev Fr Chiedozie Modestus Chilaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.