Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort (25314 Views)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Stephanie Otobo’s Claim That She’s Now ‘born Again / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React / "My Mother Was Arrested" - Stephanie Otobo Speaks From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Waspy(m): 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
E nor Consign me
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by galantjoe(m): 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
you have already said David mother married her first husband then divorced him and married Jesse the David's father. so by implication she was so as declared by the Apostle. this is my humble take. the fact is there.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
ok
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2017

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by stagger: 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
ochejoseph:
Usually I stay off threads involving Apostle Johnson Sulaiman for two reasons .

1. I know something is not right somewhere

2. I run the temptation of going against scriptures and enter into the relm of judging.

Unfortunately when I came across this screaming headline "Apostle Johnson Suleiman calls David mother a Harlort" I was alarmed, but I quickly decided to dubble check, this article is not meant to rubbish the clergy man or support his assertion but to present the truth

Glancing through several scriptures, commentary ,Jewish documents, books and internet Files here is what I discovered

1. The Bible provides little detail about the mother of David the most revealing insight into Davids family was made During Samuels visit to
Jesse's family to anoint a king

I sam 16 verse 1-13

2. Searches revealed that The name of Davids mother was Nitzevet, an Israelite woman . according to the Talmud, but she is not named in the Bible. She was an ancestor of the Kings of Judah accordingly to Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitzevet

3 . According to records Jesse was not the first man Husband of Davids mother.
Nahash an Amonite king was her first Husband
(2 Sam. 17:25, 2 Sam. 10:2) & (1 Sam. 11:1; 1 Sam. 12:12).
Note : under the old testament ( Mosaic Law) divorce was allowed .

This explains why Davids two sister's where fathered by Nahash and not Jesse (David had two half-sisters (Zeruiah, Abigail) 1 Chron. 2:13-16 .

So why do few analyst and "scholars" refer to this woman as a harlot ?

1. Perhaps one of their greatest weapon could be found in one of greatest Psalms of David. Psalm 51 they claim his mother was pregnant out of marriage.

Let's take a close look at Psalm 51
kindly note the emphasis David puts On himself..,

Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out MY transgressions.2 Wash me throughly from MINE iniquity, and cleanse me from MY sin.3 For I acknowledge MY transgressions: and MY sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Unfortunately, most people who want to reinforce the notion of Promiscuity will run to verse 5b

"in Sin did my mother conceive me"

David was not blaming his sin on his birth, but he was simply stating that even the circumstances related to his birth were surrounded by sin, and he also says that he was ”wonderfully” and ”marvelously” made by God in the womb (Ps. 139:13-14).

2. Another incident they try to use to justify this notion that does not edify is in 1 sam 16 asserting that Jesse did not consider David as one of his Sons that's why he was not considered as worthy of appearing before the prophet Samuel.

This is another speculation without any proof whatsoever.

Summary.
Davids mother was not a harlot, even the Torah advocates and those who claim his brothers treated him as a second class citizens as a result of his prayer will bow to the fact that even before slaying Goliath, his brothers were very interested in Davids safety and wanted him out of harms way as quickly as possible.

His parents were together and during his crisis period he sought safety for them

1 Samuel 22:3-4 "And David went thence to Mizpeh of Moab: and he said unto the king of Moab, Let my father and my mother, I pray thee, come forth, and be with you, till I know what God will do for me

The scriptures are explicit & God himself exposed the adulterous life of David as a king, if his mother was a harlot it would have been known, his blackmailers and enemies would have trumpeted it when he became a Israel's most wanted man .

Rahab a Harlot was an ancestor of Jesus as clearly seen In Mathew Chapter 1 :5 but to claim that Davids Mother was a harlot might be misrepresenting the truth and taking speculative commentary too far,

To end this little piece I will leave us with this scripture which has helped me from dwelling on unnecessary and unedificational theology.

'The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" Deuteronomy 29 vs 29

Our emphasis should be on Jesus who died for our sins, surrender your life to him today and give your life a true meaning.

Enjoy your week

Oche Joseph Otorkpa

Splendid. That is why we all must study the Word to get the Rhema of the Word for ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Harvigh(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nice article @OP. This might also help in learning more about David's mother; http://www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/article_cdo/aid/280331/jewish/Nitzevet-Mother-of-David.htm
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by emmawounderful: 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
you make sense bros

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by dhesire(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
Well said but it's your thoughts anyway!

But truth be told, the apostle is not far from the truth, just that he hastily jumped into conclusion about David's mother.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by bameyi(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
My brother I couldn't do justice to this topic as much as you've done..
May the Good Lord support your ministry Amen
ochejoseph:

2. I run the temptation of going against scriptures and enter into the relm of judging.

Unfortunately when I came across this screaming headline "Apostle Johnson Suleiman calls David mother a Harlort" I was alarmed, but I quickly decided to dubble check, this article is not meant to rubbish the clergy man or support his assertion but to present the truth

Glancing through several scriptures, commentary ,Jewish documents, books and internet Files here is what I discovered

1. The Bible provides little detail about the mother of David the most revealing insight into Davids family was made During Samuels visit to

I sam 16 verse 1-13

2. Searches revealed that The name of Davids mother was Nitzevet, an Israelite woman . according to the Talmud, but she is not named in the Bible. She was an ancestor of the Kings of Judah accordingly to Wikipedia

This explains why Davids two sister's where fathered by Nahash and not Jesse (David had two half-sisters (Zeruiah, Abigail) 1 Chron. 2:13-16 .

1. Perhaps one of their greatest weapon could be found in one of greatest Psalms of David. Psalm 51 they claim his mother was pregnant out of marriage.

Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out MY transgressions.2 Wash me throughly from MINE iniquity, and cleanse me from MY sin.3 For I acknowledge MY transgressions: and MY sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Unfortunately, most people who want to reinforce the notion of Promiscuity will run to verse 5b

David was not blaming his sin on his birth, but he was simply stating that even the circumstances related to his birth were surrounded by sin, and he also says that he was ”wonderfully” and ”marvelously” made by God in the womb (Ps. 139:13-14).

2. Another incident they try to use to justify this notion that does not edify is in 1 sam 16 asserting that Jesse did not consider David as one of his Sons that's why he was not considered as worthy of appearing before the prophet Samuel.

Summary.
Davids mother was not a harlot, even the Torah advocates and those who claim his brothers treated him as a second class citizens as a result of his prayer will bow to the fact that even before slaying Goliath, his brothers were very interested in Davids safety and wanted him out of harms way as quickly as possible.

His parents were together and during his crisis period he sought safety for them

1 Samuel 22:3-4 "And David went thence to Mizpeh of Moab: and he said unto the king of Moab, Let my father and my mother, I pray thee, come forth, and be with you, till I know what God will do for me

The scriptures are explicit & God himself exposed the adulterous life of David as a king, if his mother was a harlot it would have been known, his blackmailers and enemies would have trumpeted it when he became a Israel's most wanted man .

Rahab a Harlot was an ancestor of Jesus as clearly seen In Mathew Chapter 1 :5 but to claim that Davids Mother was a harlot might be misrepresenting the truth and taking speculative commentary too far,

To end this little piece I will leave us with this scripture which has helped me from dwelling on unnecessary and unedificational theology.

'The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" Deuteronomy 29 vs 29

Our emphasis should be on Jesus who died for our sins, surrender your life to him today and give your life a true meaning.

Enjoy your week

Oche Joseph Otorkpa

2 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by sammhi(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
It is not David mother but his great grand grandmother , Rehab that was harlot . Rehab gave birth to Boaz( Mathew 1:5 ) and Boaz to Obed and Obed to Jesse and Jesse to David .
The apostle may have meant Rehab and not Nitebetz who was not even mentioned in the bible .
Rehab is not an Israelite but from Jericho . She became an Israelite by marriage when Jericho was destroyed by the Israelites and her family survive the destruction .
Though a harlot , Rehab showed great faith in the God of the Israelites and hence she even hid the spies . ( Joshua 2: 3-7). This singular act of faith saved her and she later repented and married Salmon who gave birth to Boaz .

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by dabossman(m): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
So, was King David a "Snow" or not? grin grin

#GOT

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by spyroxy1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
cashboss2017:
fake apostle...... check my trend

You meant to say Thread. Where is it?
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Dear Writer, I must commend the fact that you went ahead to do thorough research on the person of David's mother. If all Christians actually spend as much time studying their Bibles as they spend in Churches crying, wailing, dancing and 'serving' the Man of God, they would have come to the following conclusions:

1. That Jehovah, Allah, Elohim, Zeus, Lucifer, Satan, Angels, Demons, Archons, Djinn, Chukwu, Sango, etc are all names of Extra-terrestrials, Intra-terrestrials and offsprings of both Humanoid and Non-Humanoid and android entities who created, manage and still run humans and human affairs in this world.

2. That the sacrifices of spilling of blood of humans in the Bible, the attempted sacrifice of Isaac, the sacrifices of burnt offerings, the animal sacrifices of all kinds in the Bible, in our traditions and in our myths and legends are real activities commanded by these ETs and the sacrifice continues today under the guises of wars, accidents, controlled killings, suicides and all these have harvest of blood, ectoplasma, negative emotional energies are all machinations and manipulations of these entities.

3. Your Pastors are actually controlled by these entities and they preach the messages telephatically resonated to them instead of spending time to study their scriptures and getting inspired by tuning to Unified Field where all knowledge is.

4. That Miracles are available to all those who are not too lazy to study the holy books but handover their brains to pastors and Imams to run. And I am very sure when this useless MOG called David's Mother a harlot, millions of Christians as zombie-robots have already agreed that it must be true, because the Man of God, the silly mor0n who knows more about Blow-J than the scriptures must be right.

To this end, I implore all of you to read your Bible again and study the word of Jesus, the Christ. The Kingdom of God, is in you, God has a throne in you, and it is your core, so at your core, you are God, and there is none other. Every entity including Jehovah, Satan, Lucifer, Zeus, etc all have God as their core, cos God is supposed to mean, The SOURCE of All. But now every Entity claims to be God, even Tinubu calls himself Godfather.

Y'all are not gonna read before arguing with this, but if you are smart enough, you will understand that there is no place as wonderful as Earth. That is why all your so-called Gods focus their attention and arsenals here.

You are wonderful creatures, for once focus on evolving to become better Gods. The greater versions of yourselves. Enjoy your Earth and make heaven out of your Earth experience.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by firebaby(f): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
ochejoseph:

I sam 16 verse 1-13

Summary.

Enjoy your week

Oche Joseph Otorkpa

Thank you......

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by stankelz: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fairgodwin:
I think, no I don't think, I feel, no I believe it's high time Christians started doing thorough research and reading their Bibles [on their own, especially in their spare time].
I remember back then, as a young Christian, whenever the service(s) for the day were over, we would always write down every scriptural passages from the preacher(s) and at home we would start studying them on our own to be sure whatever was preached tallies with what is in the scripture, especially as regards the context in which the preacher used them.
We were very serious and open minded to learning, improving, and discerning things for ourselves scripturally and spiritually back then.
I remember our pastor would personally advise us to go through everything again on our own as Christians and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us understand better. I remember he would say God might even give us understanding in a different way from whatever the preacher said.
Oh my young Christian soul, how hath thou lost it? I'm sure most Christians were like that too but [we] have all suddenly lost it as a result of spiritual laziness and luckwarmy.

So my advice to every Christian out there would be, don't just take in everything the Apostle (and or any other preacher) said hook, line, and sinker. Go for personal research on your own, read more of your Bible, follow your God and Jesus and NOT your pastors; amen!
it's disheartening nd alarming dat sm1 wld typ such semi epistle nd den get no like from Nairalanders undecided
Fairgodwin:
I think, no I don't think, I feel, no I believe it's high time Christians started doing thorough research and reading their Bibles [on their own, especially in their spare time].
I remember back then, as a young Christian, whenever the service(s) for the day were over, we would always write down every scriptural passages from the preacher(s) and at home we would start studying them on our own to be sure whatever was preached tallies with what is in the scripture, especially as regards the context in which the preacher used them.
We were very serious and open minded to learning, improving, and discerning things for ourselves scripturally and spiritually back then.
I remember our pastor would personally advise us to go through everything again on our own as Christians and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us understand better. I remember he would say God might even give us understanding in a different way from whatever the preacher said.
Oh my young Christian soul, how hath thou lost it? I'm sure most Christians were like that too but [we] have all suddenly lost it as a result of spiritual laziness and luckwarmy.

So my advice to every Christian out there would be, don't just take in everything the Apostle (and or any other preacher) said hook, line, and sinker. Go for personal research on your own, read more of your Bible, follow your God and Jesus and NOT your pastors; amen!
it's disheartening nd alarming dat sm1 wld typ such semi epistle nd den get no like from Nairalanders.anyway Mk I dash u 1 like
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by nwakaibeya1: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
Almost everyone claims to know the message of repentance and born again but they don't know the message of unbelievable power of Jesuschrist which means the light the mantle whereby if you have it evil people all evil must fear you and recognize you just like the evil spirits said Jesuschrist I know, Paul I know who are you?how many Christians today are powerful enough to be asked such question by evil ones?instead witches and wizards and evil family wickedness still oppress them?Knowing Jesus Christ is all about unbelievable power before holiness etc that's our truth and revelation that even those who claim to know Jesus Christ don't know nor have, just like many in Bible time never recognised Jesuschrist nor accepted his light and mantle even though as prophets and pastors&prophetess claiming to know God more than JesusChrist and very many of their descendants are all over the place in this generation. Mathew 13.13-14 ...Power talks and not empty critics and empty boast and noise making, Behold it's at night that we know who is who evil or good so any one is free to claim any title and knowledge of Jesus Christ but can you defend yourself where the battles of life are fought won or lost? Unbelievable power the light, the mantle That's what we have brought back to the whole world that unbelievable power of ancient time to empower human beings to be above all evil no matter your level in Jesus Christ as the case may be and this is test and see without suffering people in night vigils and fasting and programs upon program that's our hallmark

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by nams77: 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
Just like the Op, I also join in trashing Suleiman position. David mother was not an harlot. David statement stems from the fact that all men born of Adam were sired in sin. All men are born into a world of sin and it takes the grace of God, through Jesus Christ to change that

3 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by jconsulting(f): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Apostle Sule, you goofed in this one , are you now comparing David's mother to Otobo or what , please be careful, for the fact that King David said " in sin I was conceive " does not mean you know what King David was pouring his heart for God's forgiveness.

According to historians little was known about "Nitzevet' the mother of King David.

So Apostle kindly retract your statement

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by naijafun: 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
OK
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by bizzibodi(m): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
is that why he slept with an harlot otobo?
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Landflight4eva(m): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
The reference to Bible books of Samuel does not show any relationship or influence as As far as David mother is concern.
It's different storyline we have there.
As for Suleiman d psalm he quoted is has the same force in meaning with Roman 5:10-12
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by ernesty20(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
ErnieSmallzz:
op, u get tym sha. See epistle undecided
my sweery
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by mutualrespect(m): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
this is a great piece, but having read through the scrptures, i have not come across the name of David's mother and how David's sisters were fathered by Nahash. please correct me if i am wrong.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by misano(m): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fairgodwin:
I think, no I don't think, I feel, no not feel, I believe it's high time Christians started doing thorough research and reading their Bibles [on their own, especially in their spare time].
I remember our pastor would personally advise us to go through everything again on our own as Christians and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us understand them better. I remember he would say God might even give us understanding in a different way from whatever the preacher said.
Oh my young Christian soul, how hast thou lost it? I'm sure most Christians were like that too but [we] have all suddenly lost it as a result of spiritual laziness and lukewarmness.

So my advice to every Christian out there would be, don't just take in everything the Apostle [and or any other preacher] said hook, line, and sinker. Go for personal research on your own, read more of your Bible, follow your God and Jesus and NOT your pastors; amen!

You are right. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Dalastically: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
Who the post Epp.
Probably apostle was talking about the grandmother. Rahhab.
Please watch the full video before making hasty conclusion.

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Fairgodwin(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
misano:

You are right. Thanks a lot.

You're quite welcome. God bless you sir.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by larrybee2017(f): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fairgodwin:
I think, no I don't think, I feel, no not feel, I believe it's high time Christians started doing thorough research and reading their Bibles [on their own, especially in their spare time].
I remember our pastor would personally advise us to go through everything again on our own as Christians and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us understand them better. I remember he would say God might even give us understanding in a different way from whatever the preacher said.
Oh my young Christian soul, how hast thou lost it? I'm sure most Christians were like that too but [we] have all suddenly lost it as a result of spiritual laziness and lukewarmness.

So my advice to every Christian out there would be, don't just take in everything the Apostle [and or any other preacher] said hook, line, and sinker. Go for personal research on your own, read more of your Bible, follow your God and Jesus and NOT your pastors; amen!
You make sense die three gbosa for you. Christians have lost track and yet we blame our pastors. Do we even still have a generation to look up to? We all need to go back to the beginning where we missed it

2 Likes

Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Precious91(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Did you people read Matt1:5And I won't be surprised if because of David's mother harlotry was why Jesse did not reckon with him when Samuel wanted to anoint a new king after Saul.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Fairgodwin(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
larrybee2017:

You make sense die three gbosa for you. Christians have lost track and yet we blame our pastors. Do we even still have a generation to look up to? [/b]We all need to go back to the beginning where we missed it[b]

This, I completely agree with. God bless you sir.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
By their fruit you shall know them
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by akanbiaa(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fairgodwin:

Do as the muslims do i.e learn Hebrew and try to look for the ancient scriptures and not what is translated to you.
Re: Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman's Claim That David's Mother Was A Harlort by freethesheeple(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
modelmike7:
Touch not my anointed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua: Youtube Deletes Emmanuel TV Channel / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.