Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? (21276 Views)

Teachers In Abia Clean Up Schools Before Resumption (Photos) / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / Itodo Anthony Samuel Listed Among Top 50 Teachers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:04am On Jul 16, 2017
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by presh001: 7:06am On Jul 16, 2017
Xyz
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Asek1(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2017
They said we are the leaders of tomorrow...
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Austinelead(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
That it is biscuit bone instead of brisket bone
Brisket bone again? i tot we have resolve that issue.. the op that called it brisket didn't use his dictionary
LastSurvivor11:
Brisket bone again? i tot we have resolve that issue.. the op that called it brisket didn't use his dictionary
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by doublefreez(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2017
Lame! Absolutely lame. I wonder how this made front page. Your teacher didnt do a good job on you definitely, since you cant differentiate were from Where. lol

2 Likes

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by sunnyeinstein(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2017
psucc:
That water is made up of 2 elements if hydrogen and oxygen.

I have drank water, boil it, use it severally and in so many waters but I never see them separated or see oxygen.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. You actually r seeing it, u jus dnt recognise dem wink
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by vascey(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2017
That children were the leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Habeyy(m): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2017
That man develop from apes.. . cry I felt terrible to have believed that. I hope they stop teaching the younger folks such misconception

1 Like

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by naijamafioso: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2017
That " To o ba kawe re, bata re a dun koo koo ka, too ba kawe re, bata re a dun serere nile!"
Many people ti kawe tan but bata won si ndun serere nile o!

3 Likes

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by odiokay: 7:17am On Jul 16, 2017
yayatoure046:
ogbeni its very wrong is board of and not bracket open
no confuse me abeg
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2017
that we are the leaders of tomorrow.
Bail is free

1 Like

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by LordKO(m): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2017
Loyalblak007:
I was told if you read your book, you will pass and have plenty money

I was also told that if you cheat, you will fail

You must either be A Doctor , An Engineer, A Lawyer ,A Banker to succeed

grin

add yours

Believe you me, that your number one still remain sacrosanct. Your teachers didn't lie. I've never seen anyone that read his/her books - valuable books - well, hear, know and understand what's said in the valuable books, that's poor. Non.

Many are poor because, they either didn't read valuable books or they do but only hear, know but understand nothing. Conceit remains God's gift to small-minded people. 95 percent of conceited people are found among the class of people that knows everything but understand nothing. . . The articulate incompetents.

1 Like

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by illicit(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2017
my teachers were discussing among themselves about reproduction, maybe to confuse us cos they know we were eavesdropping, they said children come though the anus, i was in pry 2 then and I believed till I was in sec sch n taught biology
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by DanDrezzy: 7:23am On Jul 16, 2017
I was told if you Bleep ,u will be man
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by DanDrezzy: 7:25am On Jul 16, 2017
presh001:
Xyz
I was warned about cultist like you
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Omzie(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2017
When I was in JS3, my Yoruba teacher then said he scored all A's in his WASSCE. He gave the impression that he didn't know jack, and did one kind of jazz. How this jazz worked was that, when he sits in the exam hall, on the top left corner of the black board, a funny looking face will appear, telling him all the answers correctly. The catch to it though was, if he laughed at how funny the face looked at any time, he would run mad for life.
LOL! People dey lie sha.
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by kcowen(m): 7:31am On Jul 16, 2017
my teacher told me that when u drink garri and soft drink(mineral)u will die I never tried that shit but now its man best food

was also told that told that when u see money on the floor and u want to pick it first urinate on the money before picking it-fat lie

1 Like

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by buklarbest: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2017
The biggest lie I'm seeing here is that you don't even attend any school or you finished from the best school in your remote village since you can't even differentiate between WHERE and WERE.....

How ur post take reach front page still dey surprise me.
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by signified: 7:38am On Jul 16, 2017
I was told that the youths are the leaders of tomorrow lol...
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Loyalblak007(f): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2017
buklarbest:
The biggest lie I'm seeing here is that you don't didn't even attend any school or you finished from the best school in your remote village since you can't even differentiate between WHERE and WERE.....

How ur post take reach front page still dey surprise me.

You're such a genius åftéråll , Sir

3 Likes

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Saintdaprince(m): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2017
My primary school teacher told us that Jesus was born 25th of December but I have grown to search the bible and haven't seen it. Smh............
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by LordOfNaira: 7:45am On Jul 16, 2017
Shows how terrible some people's teachers were. Does it mean that the standard of education in Nigeria has always been abysmal?

How can a teacher tell his/her students that "man developed from apes"? That is horrible.
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by MVLOX(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2017
I was told that every time the class was quiet, angels come into the class... all in the bid to reduce the noise level.....

1 Like

Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by olayiwola4u(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2017
...making it in life is difficult...IRO NLA

now I know better
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by darlenese(f): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2017
LastSurvivor11:

Pls what brought biscuit bone to the class? liar! your mum taught u that, not your teacher. swear!!!
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by ncoolsome(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2017
was told the sun rises from the east and sets in the west...some people still believe that though..
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by adethebahdguy100(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2017
Aonkuuse:
My Teacher Told Us That He Always Took First In His Class When He Was In Secondary School, His Mother Happens To Be My Mother's Friend. One Day I Ask Her What My Teacher's Position In Class Was When He Was In Secondary School, And She Said His Best Position In Class Was 11 Position.
first in the second set of position
1-10 first set
11-20 second set
21-30 third set
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by yek: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2017
. . . where do i start . . .
The usefulness of any of the following in REAL LIFE;

Algebra
Integration and differentiation (*this rubbish still annoys me now)
log tables
Quadratic equation(s). . .

please feel free to counter these by telling me where and how these are applied in REAL life otherwise add yours.
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2017
1) Keep your virginity and bad boys will stay away

2) The most unfortunate thing that can happen to you is not graduating from University, you are nothing without a degree

3) Big oil companies will be begging you to work for them after you graduate with First Class.

4) Being a science student makes you smarter and better than others
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by iamwoods(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2017
my teacher said if we read we wl become the leaders of tommorrow and those that are ruling us by that time ar stl there. tongue
my biology said satan is down in ground then i started digging d ground at home until i reached d black soil i thought i reached were d devil lives
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by Majesticniyi(m): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2017
Extrazee:

"Bracket of" is still correct and that's what I meant and exactly how I was taught.
None of my teachers ever said it was "bracket open" , unless your own class teacher.

My brother, 'O' means 'orders' not 'of'!
Re: What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? by olayiwola4u(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2017
Loyalblak007:
I was told if you read your book, you will pass and have plenty money

I was also told that if you cheat, you will fail

You must either be A Doctor , An Engineer, A Lawyer ,A Banker to succeed

grin

add yours

Loyalblak, our teachers are funny...if everybody is lawyer,engineer, doctor...who will be the person producing those food items for them.

I discovered something...if you want to make it in life and make it fast...do the things no one wants you to do.

I could remember late Gadaffi...the man was interested in what everybody was running away from...sheet or faeces.

This man turn packing smelling, disgusting sheets into business.

Before we knew what was happening, he was packing sheets all over the federation in parties.

He became a millionaire within a year.

How many teachers will advise us to be a business owner packing sheet?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Madonna University Students, Lecturer Regain Freedom / List Of Universities And Polytechnics Marine Engineering In Nigeria / School Pupils Skip A Rope In Amazing Way (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.