Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision (52455 Views)

Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / Woman Exposes Her Husband Who Got Married To Another Woman Last Week / Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 27, 2017
maryyo:

God bless you!
Are you married? grin
Not even close grin. still years away from even harbouring the thought
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by metallisc(m): 3:34am On Apr 27, 2017
BabaCommander:

grin grin
Poor people are always hungry and angry. I understand you are frustrated.
One thing you need to understand though, is that it's not your fault that you were born poor, but it's not your fault to remain poor.
Fortunately, you can change your conditions by changing your attitude. Channel your anger into a MORE productive activity.

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by metallisc(m): 3:38am On Apr 27, 2017
last35:
Karma is just a bitch! You short changed and disgraced your inlaws by impregnating their daughter before the normal stuffs... Why will day waste money on the marriage of after 1??

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by metallisc(m): 3:43am On Apr 27, 2017
gnykelly:

the contents of your write up and your signature says a lot about your state of mind. the problem might be you.

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by cococandy(f): 7:06am On Apr 27, 2017
Someone is reasoning. Kudos
SirVintageCock:
When you saw the shoddy arrangement how did you react? Did you lash out at them infront of your guest?
We're you overtly rude and snaggy all through the ceremony?
Did you bother to ask what happened?
How much exactly are we talking about here? If it is below 150-200K and you are expecting an elaborate decorations and awesome feeding like some mini-celebrities then you need to apologize to them with cartons of henessey , a black male goat with double tail and four hollandais wrappers. Because that amount is abysmal in the current economic situation of this country, just kegs of palmwine and other drinks will gulp 50k what about meat for cooking, a bag of good quality rice is 18.5k x 2=37k, semo or whatever they call it nko.
Your wife probably went back home to sulk with her people and lick their wound in solidarity about the resultant effects of the whole charade. You hurt them big and you know it.
We here, are already demonizing them for being leeches and ungrateful and sh!t but you know that ain't the truth. She stayed even after having a baby outta wedlock and you think her family will intentionally ruin her chances of proper marriage just for a few bucks Naaa, I don't think so.
Get your asS to your inlaws, give them chance to explain what happened, apologize and get your family home.

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by cococandy(f): 7:08am On Apr 27, 2017
dadexcel:
............... Ok, first I will start by saying that however your in-laws prepare for you and your guest should not be an issue that will make you lash out at your wife like that... Infact I percieve that all hasnt been well even before the traditional marriage ceremony. Theres a lot of tension around your narrative, your dispoosition towards your wife leaves alot to be desired... She is supposed to be your partner and not the other way around. In summary, because theres alot to say, but in all my advise is for you guys to step up maturity, exclude your in-laws from your issues, treat your wife as a partner, draw her close, take responsibility and resolve the issues in your young marriage. I feel the bulk of the problem lies with you. Also, put God first in all your endeavours.... Your marriage will succeed in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by 2dmax(m): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

If you ask me, her mother is the one making those decisions and influencing her wrongly.
I can talk it over with my wife but I don't want a situation where I will be at the mercy of her mother .

NEVER EVER ATTEMPT TO BREAK A BOND BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILD. IT IS THE PREROGATIVE OF THE CHILD TO DO SO, NOT YOU.

If the mom is a home breaker... Alas
If the mom is a home builder... Alas

If you love your wife, guide her to safety
But if her bond is stronger than her love to you... Its well
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by 2dmax(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2017
There are things we need to understand about marriages in the Igbo culture.

If we do, this scenario and the consequent action will be put into clearer perspective.

No, a traditional marriage is a customary marriage where culture plays the lead role. Haven said this, those asking the op to call a meeting should know he has no such powers.

The power is rested in the hands of his father and the ụmụ nna to summon the representatives of the wife, excluding her mother.

But before then, the wife's representatives should have already sought out their inlaws (the groom people) to inquire why their wife is still with them and not with the inlaws.

If this do not happen, that means the mentioned uncle of the wife is just a scarecrow-head to the wife family, which means the mother reigns supreme.

Customarily, women are not engaged in traditional matters and can only voice their opinion speaking via a male (there is a reason for this).

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Folumade1: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2017
I quite understand you brother and i would like to tow the line of PEACE MAKING for the sake of your son like some have rightly advised.

Look the truth is PATIENCE can conquer any BRIMSTONE or FIRE of argument, i won't blame you for loosing your cool when you discovered things didn't go according to plan i am sure when you vent your frustration and annoyance on her that day for the shortcomings of her family and she was apologizing, some BUSY BODIES would have whispered in hears that why would you allow a man talk to you like this... bla bla bla Remember BUSY BODIES are out there to destroy with their tongues.

SHE must have been influenced by their word either directly or indirectly this may explain why she DID not turn up and the reason her TEMPER flared at little provocation from you when she returned. LOOK Bro no matter what this is the same woman you have been with for a Minimum of i guess 2 years considering your son's Age and you must have accepted her anomalies and faults enough to decide to come do the right thing " PAY HER DOWRY". so i would advice you " SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE COMPLETELY" and just ASSUME you are WRONG first irrespective of what she did and what your in-laws did. REMEMBER you and your Wife are 1+1=1 (ONE PARTY) and all external parties NAIRALANDERS, IN-LAWS,FAMILY MEMBERS,CHURCH MEMBERS,NEIGHBORS are (ANOTHER PARTY).

Hence, always see your WIFE AND YOURSELF as one person, so the Question is will you DIVORCE YOURSELF( 1+1=1)

I am no saint either and i have disagreements with my wife every now and then yet we go still resolve and move on.... i am sure your wife cannot be as BAD as the PICTURE OLAKUNLE CHURCHILL painted of his WIFE TONTOH DIKEH and yet for the sake of his SON ANDRE or KING he is still willing to forgive her, accept her back and move on with her. atleast your wife is not VIOLENT nor destructive.

LASTLY Bro, i would advise you get your hands on any book that has to do with "EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE" when i learnt about "EI" a while ago my marriage has never remained the same and it really does help. Having said this Sir; you are the one in this situation and there is not generalized approach to any issue of the heart. God will see you through.

Be Blessed[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by 2dmax(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2017
Finally, OP

My humble advise if you do love your wife is to stay action on the civil wedding. For that part gives her equal rights to you in a marriage.

Why did I advice so?

It is to get to the root cause of this matter which happened during one of the most important event in you guys lifes, even after the experience garnered from practicing and enjoying 'playing House' even with a son for two years.

When you have deciphered where the root of the matter stems from, as the head of your own family, you can cut it off, then process to the civil union stage.

For at that point, you are marrying the woman you fell in love with, not some puppet of someone with an unlived-out life.

Be courageous as you engage and do carry about your tasks with love in mind and at heart.

Congratulations to you both for your traditional wedding. God bless your Union.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by jonerumu1: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2017
Move on, Don't die young because she will kill you .
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by BuariCopyPaste: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2017
Folumade1:
I quite understand you brother and i would like to tow the line of PEACE MAKING for the sake of your son like some have rightly advised.

Look the truth is PATIENCE can conquer any BRIMSTONE or FIRE of argument, i won't blame you for loosing your cool when you discovered things didn't go according to plan i am sure when you vent your frustration and annoyance on her that day for the shortcomings of her family and she was apologizing, some BUSY BODIES would have whispered in hears that why would you allow a man talk to you like this... bla bla bla Remember BUSY BODIES are out there to destroy with their tongues.

SHE must have been influenced by their word either directly or indirectly this may explain why she DID not turn up and the reason her TEMPER flared at little provocation from you when she returned. LOOK Bro no matter what this is the same woman you have been with for a Minimum of i guess 2 years considering your son's Age and you must have accepted her anomalies and faults enough to decide to come do the right thing " PAY HER DOWRY". so i would advice you " SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE COMPLETELY" and just ASSUME you are WRONG first irrespective of what she did and what your in-laws did. REMEMBER you and your Wife are 1+1=1 (ONE PARTY) and all external parties NAIRALANDERS, IN-LAWS,FAMILY MEMBERS,CHURCH MEMBERS,NEIGHBORS are (ANOTHER PARTY).

Hence, always see your WIFE AND YOURSELF as one person, so the Question is will you DIVORCE YOURSELF( 1+1=1)

I am no saint either and i have disagreements with my wife every now and then yet we go still resolve and move on.... i am sure your wife cannot be as BAD as the PICTURE OLAKUNLE CHURCHILL painted of his WIFE TONTOH DIKEH and yet for the sake of his SON ANDRE or KING he is still willing to forgive her, accept her back and move on with her. atleast your wife is not VIOLENT nor destructive.

LASTLY Bro, i would advise you get your hands on any book that has to do with "EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE" when i learnt about "EI" a while ago my marriage has never remained the same and it really does help. Having said this Sir; you are the one in this situation and there is not generalized approach to any issue of the heart. God will see you through.

Be Blessed[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks a lot bro... that was deep.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by stukinherdr1222(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
If your story is complete and true then your wife is entirely to blame. Although, I think fuming at her to save face was unnecessary and poorly managed. You know women are proud beings and hate being attacked even when they are wrong.

But, you can't risk loosing your marriage for the sake of pride and "saving face". Infact, if your marriage breaks down after just one week together, you'll have no face at all how much more one to save. You have to loosen up, swallow your high standards, and play the fool for the sake of your marriage before things get out of hand. Apologise to her and her family telling them, the stress of the whole event got to you and you're sorry you managed the situation poorly. Do this in the interest of peace and forget about rightness or wrong. After all, it's your marriage to keep, not theirs' or anyone else's.

Edited: And once she's back to your house sit her down and talk sense into her while being as diplomatic as possible- keeping your cool. Lay the rules and deal with her family with a long spoon. I believe your wife may not be a bad Person, only she was manipulated by her family.

NICE ON BRO !!

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by stukinherdr1222(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

YES to your first question.

There's an uncle who's the surrogate father.

To The last question, she didn't actually disappear because I knew she must be in there house but I wanted her to give a detailed explanation on the whole issue including what brought about the shoddy preparation on the wedding day.

you wanted her to give a full explanation ? but you approached the matter in a very wrong way . . . i have been married for seven years there are different ways to settle cases like this . .. i know you guys have along way to go , sit her down and talk her . not neccessary during the day, you can wake her up at night , remind her of your intentions before getting married , involve God , be a good father . work on your temper .( am a very hot tempered man but now am a father and i have to teach my children the right path ) . . this is a very simple case , more are coming it depends on how you settle your home , that is what makes you a man . . ..
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Topjay: 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
we should give candid advise nd not add to the issue on ground, you response can save another marriage or destroy it.

we should not be quick to judge or conclude
According to the guy he has bottled anger in him due to the fact that the trad. was not handled properly and his fund mismanaged, that alone is hanging in the air. the second part is the wife came home late is also another issue.

firstly, the story is not complete and no one can conclude hearing your side only, both parties should be heard so you can be advised accordingly.

My questions to you are:
were you passing aggression on your inlaws during the wedding? because a lot of things should be put into consideration when addressing issues like this.

did you call her while she was away for those days?
did you call her parent to know is she was around?
you said she have a child for you, then you must have known her if not very well but to some extent;
did you try calling her friends to know what is going on?
when your wife returns, how did you react or approach her before her alleged outburst on u?

(you can't justify yourself when you did not do the needful) cos am sure u can't just sit and watch her stay away for days
i know you are a man, pls and pls do have a listening ear and mind and that will help u control your anger

sincerely answer these then we will know where we are going
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Amhappy(f): 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
BuariCopyPaste

I followed this topic just to say a few things

1. Misappropriation of fund during planning of traditional marriage is kinda of common;Only few people can properly manage another man's sweat. Even your blood can do worse. Ikoyigate things

2. Your mother in law is very wrong. What she did is wicked. However,Nigerian parents are never wrong. Even when they do wrong ,we overlook and forgive. Your wife must have felt bad as well that guests were not properly attended to as provided. Ladies usually boast of abundance of food and the show of wealth by their husband during trad.(Ogbanje gbara there!!! sorry Anambra style) grin

3. Your wife have struggled with her family for so long to save face. She has been living with a man that she's not married to and even have a child out of wedlock. She has been mocked and disrespected for the sake of your union. lipsrsealed

4. You reacted in public to her mother wrongs,something wifey had no control over. That was her time to prove to the whole village that she's not a loser but you made her look like one. Ordinarily she will think that you do not love her,risk not worth taking. cry

5. Wife paid back by staying away with no explanation to disgrace you before your kinsmen. angry

6. After two years of living together in sin and hoping to be properly married, she wants out lipsrsealed

7. You are still in because you want the best for your family tongue

8. Then take the first step and see how it goes. I wish you well wink
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by ArcToyin(m): 11:20pm On May 19, 2017
I will advise you to forgive her, overlook all what they have done and give her another chance. I expect her to apologize and if she doesn't overlook it and directly or indirectly bring her back.
Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by FloxxyD(f): 11:32pm On May 20, 2018
limamintruth:
My sincere advice is that you work on your temper @OP. From your story, it is obvious you are quick to anger, which is capable of destroying any marriage.

The first problem you raised was entirely the fault of your wife's family. So I wonder why you acted harshly towards your wife.

And with respect to the second issue, the manner in which you confront your spouse determines how she reacts or responds to you. You need to learn how to talk to her calmly with love; not harshly with so much bitterness or venom.

Once again, don't give up on your marriage please. Every marriage has its ups & downs. And no human is perfect. We only strive to be perfect. Peace!

U just spoke my mind @op is too hot tempered, and u know once someone is hot tempered, it makes one become unreasonable and very childish.

1 Like

Re: Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by ricki: 9:15am On Jul 15, 2018
whats the update on the mata ......please update us now

Na only when trouble dey we go dey hear noise!

when kissing start nobodi go hear dat one.....hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Husband Says He Owns Me- Help Me Understand! / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps / Nigerian Judge Celebrates His Divorce In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.