Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) (34226 Views)

Lockdown: What Computer Village Lagos Looks Like Due To Coronavirus (Video) / Lagos Begins Process To Relocate Computer Village From Ikeja / Lagos Government To Relocate Computer Village To ICT Park Katangowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by verygudbadguy(m): 8:59am On Apr 26, 2017
GogetterMD:
Tejuosho plaza is still empty after 4 years of completion. angry
Biko we like our Ikeja traffic like that, leave our computer village in Ikeja angry angry angry

I understand your plight. I am also a benefactor of Computer village in terms of sales and business generally.

But i will stand with the Lagos state government on this. From the onset, that area where Computer village is located has always been a residential area and not commercial. The government is basically responding to the cry of the landlords and residents of the community. That area is crime infected because a lot of miscreants carry out their dubious, armed robbery and all sorts of criminal activities there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by maishai: 9:21am On Apr 26, 2017
Lets see how this would develop,Government and their myopic thinking, you better let the free market be and rather support the area with good policies....
you want to relocate computer village,ladipo, berger, coker building materials,alaba, ketu food market...You can as well relocate the whole lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by theophorus(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2017
2019 APGA Presidential Candidate : Ayodele Fayose. VP: Atiku Abubakar.
FFK is proposed SGF.
According to My SE brother.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by maishai: 9:34am On Apr 26, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I understand your plight. I am also a benefactor of Computer village in terms of sales and business generally.

but i will stand with the Lagos state government on this. From the onset, that area where Computer village is located has always been a residential area and not commercial. The government is basically responding to the cry of the landlords and residents of the community. That area is crime infected because a lot of miscreants carry out their dubious, armed robbery and all sorts of criminal activities there.

The truth be told Lagos is just battling all urban planning laws you can think of...Most residential areas even in Ikoyi are mini warehouses, you find purewater factories, welders etc littered just about anywhere you can think of. If you make these guys really pay the full cost of setting up their businesses then I guranty you that 90% of most businesses in Lagos will just fold up....
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by robminds: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2017
sounds good
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 26, 2017
yeye government, so they expect phone dealers that own offices in ikeja to become tenants in katangowa? shiit show. this government wants to take food from the mouth of people.
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by buchai: 10:17am On Apr 26, 2017
government of Lagos state especially their governors are the most jobless people in government from Fashola to Ambode because they were not doing anything before Tinubu made them governor they think they can used the opportunity to displaced people and owned up the state or perhaps used the power they have as governors to buy back Lagos from the hands of non indigenes especially the south east and south south it is high time everybody find their square root because Nigeria is no longer a country where government exist Nigeria now is a country in the hands of an individuals called cabals
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by Jaguntemmy(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2017
[quote author=GogetterMD post=55916697]Tejuosho plaza is still empty after 4 years of completion. angry
Biko we like our Ikeja traffic like that, leave our computer village in Ikeja angry angry angry[/quote
See another Igbo man and later them go they shout Biafra

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by ezebunafo(m): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2017
What every Nigerian should know about Lagos. There was a Republic of Lagos before the amalgamation of Nigeria. You can't owned something that never belonged to you nor deeded to you or annexed to you. Omo onile ni o nile. The land and everything above it belongs to the land owners. Oba Kosoko signed a treaty with England in 1852. That treaty preceded and superseded any Nigerian amalgamation or Republic. LAGOS MY STATE WHO OWNS LAGOS? HISTORY 101:POINT OF INFORMATION "By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population of over 60,000 people.Colonial Lagos developed into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an architecture that blended Victorian and Brazilian styles.The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and masons who had returned from Brazil Th.e black elite was composed of English- speaking "Saros" from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba.By 1872 the population of the colony was over 60,000, of whom less than 100 were of European origin. In 1876 imports were valued at £476,813 and exports at £619,260. Telephone links with Britain were established by 1886, and electric street lighting in 1898.In August 1896, Charles Joseph George and G.W. Neville,both merchants and both unofficial members of the Legislative Council, presented a petition urging construction of the railway terminus on Lagos Island rather than at Ido, and also asking for the railway to be extended to Abeokuta. Lagos history is rich in Yoruba tradition,trade and commerce,infrastructural development and cosmopolitanism." -EXTRACTED With the little facts above, I would like to educate some illiterates making stupid assumption from blind sentiments that they developed Lagos. Lagosians had telephone presence in 1886, Itu and Calabar got connected to Telephone in 1923, while between 1946 and 1952, a three- channel line carrier system was commissioned between Lagos and Ibadan and was later extended to Oshogbo, Kaduna, Kano, Benin, and Enugu. Communication technology is a major signifier of civilizations and if Lagosians were already making telephone calls more than 70 years before your daddies, where then did you get the warped idea that you came to develop Lagos? By 1856 Cable and Wireless Company of the UK had commissioned a submarine cable link between Lagos and London and In 1851 a post office was established in Lagos; all these before of the emergence of Nigeria as an amalgamated country. If I may ask again, where did the stupid idea that Igbo developed Lagos came from? Or that Lagos was developed with Nigeria's money when Lagos was not even part of Nigeria until 1914. I always feel embarrassed anytime I read and hear even so-called educated people from the East making these stupid assertions. The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937. Again the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first Igbo medical practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask, where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward Yoruba race who needed development by the superior Igbo race come from? For the sake of our generation and posterity we need to teach factual history and not just cook up some cock and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts. The attitude of recycling long tales steeped in empty arrogance should be discarded before you miseducate your kids with fictions. Awolowo will continue to be the Yoruba hero not because of blind followership but because he gave his people the system of free education, free healthcare and he introduced Television to the Yoruba; making Yorubaland the first region to have a TV station in Africa all done with revenues from Cocoa. It is crass ignorance and naked buffonery to claim Lagos was built with Nigeria's money. In addition, where did the foolish idea that the Igbo brought civilization to Lagos and Yoruba-land come from? The aim of this post is not to deride any tribe but to correct the dangerous misinformation trending among some Igbo youths and common in their narratives that Lagos is a no-man's land and that their fathers built and develop Lagos. Your forebears came to Yoruba-land like every other settlers and we appreciate their contributions but the stupid claim that Igbo built and develop Lagos is a gross display of stupidity because Lagos was already developed before your forebears came here from their villages and towns. The first storey building in Nigeria was built in Marina, Badagry in 1845, long before some of hinterland people gave up the idea of conical mud houses with thatched roofs which some boastfully called 'ancient mansions.' How can you now claim your grand-sires developed Lagos? Please if you are one of those spreading the fiction, I expect you to desist from self- delusion and collective amnesia forthwith. The first Igbo alphabet-character set and Igbo primer (Isoama-Ibo) was published by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (a yoruba man from Osogun) in 1857. How can you now claim superiority over the Yoruba race and even carelessly affirm that your forebears should be thanked for bringing enlightenment to Yoruba Land? While I do not see all these achievements as a sign of Yoruba superiority over the Igbo or any other tribe for I do not believe in racial superiority; I will also not tolerate any attempt by bigots who stoke ethnic hatred through incitement and arrogant claims of superiority over others.
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by GogetterMD(m): 10:46am On Apr 26, 2017
suso:

Okay stage a protest then
Only if you'd join me sir
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by nnaemmy(m): 10:59am On Apr 26, 2017
Government knows how to kill businesses. and funny enough they hardly create any.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by Omojudy: 11:05am On Apr 26, 2017
In2systemsTech:
Eeeyah... Been used to computer village in Ikeja..

Please pray for May 5th... I saw a negative dream.... Pray for the presidency...
I think I will just quote you rather to remember on may 6th to cross check.
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by sucess001(m): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2017
Ambode has no economic thinking...he jst scatters natural markets and tries to impose the will of his ecomnomic cronies...

he scattered jakande market in lekki, scattered all the shops in Mile 2 cos shoprite was complaining and now computer village?

and some people will tell me this guy is working?
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by adeoba2008(m): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2017
hustla:

Fight with who?
Government?

Do you know how many years they have been planning to move the village. it is called common sense war.
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by judondasylva(m): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2017
every day Lagos state government want to relocate markets dominated by the igbos
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by hustla(m): 11:22am On Apr 26, 2017
adeoba2008:

Do you know how many years they have been planning to move the village. it is called common sense war.

As soon as the bridge at Super is completed, they'll move for sure
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by hustla(m): 11:23am On Apr 26, 2017
judondasylva:
every day Lagos state government want to relocate markets dominated by the igbos

Is it anabmbra or nnewi? It's a Yoruba state, they can do whatever they want as long as it moves the state forward

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by UgojiC(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Very soon iPodo market will be relocated, but to where
Ambode is working
Re: Lagos Govt Concludes Plan To Relocate Computer Village (pictured) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
GogetterMD:
Tejuosho plaza is still empty after 4 years of completion. angry
Biko we like our Ikeja traffic like that, leave our computer village in Ikeja angry angry angry

You don't decide how a certain place is to be the Govt of that states make decision and i think the State assembly already approve that..

Firstly computer village is close to the airport and shouldn't be like that..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traders, Transporters Reject New Naira Notes / Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties / Stanbic's N60,250,000 Recovered From A Supermarket In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.