Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

"Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan (33059 Views)

Harassing My Wife, Children Is Unacceptable, Okorocha Warns Ihedioha / APC Government Harassing And Intimidating AAC Activists / Buhari Is Harassing My Family — Shocking Revelations Of Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by sarrki(m): 2:12am On Apr 26, 2017
Ex-president criticises anti-graft war

‘Mua’zu, Jega disappointed me’

former President Goodluck Jonathan believes that his family is being hounded by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.

He said he lost the 2015 election because he was betrayed by the former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Adamu Muazu and some Northern leaders in the party.

Jonathan, who made his feelings known in a book, “Against The Run of Play”, written by the Chairman of ThisDay Editorial Board, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, said Buhari could still fight corruption using a different style.

He said: “I feel sad about the way my family is being hounded.”

“Society is like a building. You build it one block at a time. If every president decides to go in to dismantle what his predecessor did, society will never make progress. I expected President Buhari to correct whatever mistakes I may have made and then carry on from there.

“But a situation in which people go into exile for political reasons is not good for us.”

“His style of fighting corruption is different from mine and since most Nigerians apparently prefer his style, it is okay. There are steps you take that will help in retrieving ill-gotten wealth and punish offenders while restoring confidence in the system. But there are also things you can do to damage the system.”

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) got the court to freeze $5,842,316.66 (about N1.7billion) belonging to Mrs Patience Jonathan in Skye Bank. Justice Mojisola Olatoregun on April 6 unfreezed the account. The EFCC appealed but yesterday withdrew its application for a stay of execution of the judgment.

The Presidency declined to react to former president’s claim on the anti-graft crusade.

Presidential spokesman, Mr. Femi Adesina told The Nation that he could not comment on the contents of a book he has not read.

On the 2015 poll, Jonathan said: “I felt really betrayed by the result coming from some northern states. Perhaps for ethnic purposes, even security agents colluded with the opposition to come up with spurious results against me. You saw the way the Inspector General of Police, a man I appointed, suddenly turned himself into the ADC to Buhari immediately after the election.”

“How could we have lost Ondo, Benue and Plateau states if our people were committed to the cause? If you examine the results, you will see a pattern: in places where ordinarily we were strong, our supporters did not show enough commitment to mobilise the voters.”

“What happened was very sad not for me as a person, but for our democracy.”

“Take, for instance, the PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu. I believe he joined in the conspiracy against me. For reasons best known to him, he helped to sabotage the election in favour of the opposition

http://thenationonlineng.net/buharis-govt-harassing-family-says-jonathan/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by sarrki(m): 2:14am On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmmmm

Gej not that the government is after you and your family alone

You are the immidiate past president so all the search light will be directed at you.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Jajayi: 2:17am On Apr 26, 2017
I laugh in Spanish grin grin

7 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Tolexander: 2:48am On Apr 26, 2017
“His style of fighting corruption is different from mine and since most Nigerians apparently prefer his style, it is okay. There are steps you take that will help in retrieving ill-gotten wealth and punish offenders while restoring confidence in the system. But there are also things you can do to damage the system.”
Sir!

If you had regarded "common stealing" as part of corruption and not a mere act, dealing with it ruthlessly by any means you would have chosen, Nigerians would prefer your style and take your fight against corruption serious.

On the 2015 poll, Jonathan said: “I felt really betrayed by the result coming from some northern states. Perhaps for ethnic purposes, even security agents colluded with the opposition to come up with spurious results against me. You saw the way the Inspector General of Police, a man I appointed, suddenly turned himself into the ADC to Buhari immediately after the election.”
If Jonathan had said the bolded before about the outcome of 2011 election, I would really take his words serious.
Though I'm not disappointed with what GEJ said anyway. Because the difference between this and what Mohammadu Buhari felt after loosing the 2011 election was similar.

So particular about the state they'd lost claiming there were malpractices and forgetting to talk about the possibility of malpractices in the state they'd won.

39 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Tellemall: 2:48am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

You are the immidiate past president so all the search light will be directed at you.

One would expect buhari to investigate properly all the administrations he was involved in himself. They should be fresh on his mind.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Ibifizzleboy(m): 2:51am On Apr 26, 2017
aiit
Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by fergusen: 2:57am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

8 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by DropShot: 2:58am On Apr 26, 2017
Cry cry ineffectual buffoon.

Useless incompetent looter.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Adminisher: 3:09am On Apr 26, 2017
It is Nigeria that was betrayed by this lucky foolish and very selfish man. This country gave Jonathan everything including scorlarships in school, easy ride to deputy governor, easy ride to Governor, easy ride to VP, easy ride to the Presidency.
All the guy did with it was drink and steal.
A great betrayer is Goodluck Jonathan and the people he betrayed most was the Niger Delta people.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Emassive(m): 3:10am On Apr 26, 2017
From the new of the inferno at the kano residence of the Inec chief of that state, that was when I realized the election was rigged in favor of buhari but Pdp did their rigging in Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa too.

6 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Lordxeer(m): 3:13am On Apr 26, 2017
U never see anything

3 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by sarrki(m): 3:14am On Apr 26, 2017
DieDieDieOmenka:
Gej even though i like your personality but i put it to you that you're a weakling and a bastard.
you deserve everything you're getting from this government because you brought it upon yourself.
we tried to save you from all these things but just like a useless mumu you acted like a coward.
we protested that jega have been compromised after secretly meeting the Northern leaders yet in your deaf ears you let him continued. a smart president will sack jega even without all those convictions putting his loyalist in charge you're the president but yet you don't understand the level of your power.
a smart president would have ordered his AGF to sue the hell out of Buhari for not presenting his certificate and for lying under oat but instead you cleared him of all guilt.
a smart president would have cancelled that charade called election in Northern Nigeria where even trees voted but instead you let that be and allow them Rig the hell out of those parts.
a very smart president would have capitalised on those areas where he has majority voters as in 98% voters and rig the hell out of those areas places like Akwa ibom cross rivers delta and rivers should have produced not less than 2 million votes each while SE states at least 1 million votes each (that's exactly what apc did in kano, kastina and other strongholds of them)
should i continue...

Gej you're the cause of your predicaments and i feel little sorry for you angry

Gej mistakes was when he aligned with the old guard

He was loved by the masses north and south we all felt he was part of us

He messed up the whole thing

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by docadams: 3:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Oga GEJ, as a former President, you're expected to behave Presidential. We are in a new era that demands that we, as a people, trudge ahead from your era of ingnomy. Please, too many buffoonery of yours need not be exhumed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by CplusJason: 3:21am On Apr 26, 2017
DieDieDieOmenka:
Gej even though i like your personality but i put it to you that you're a weakling and a bastard.
you deserve everything you're getting from this government because you brought it upon yourself.
we tried to save you from all these things but just like a useless mumu you acted like a coward.
we protested that jega have been compromised after secretly meeting the Northern leaders yet in your deaf ears you let him continued. a smart president will sack jega even without all those convictions putting his loyalist in charge you're the president but yet you don't understand the level of your power.
a smart president would have ordered his AGF to sue the hell out of Buhari for not presenting his certificate and for lying under oat but instead you cleared him of all guilt.
a smart president would have cancelled that charade called election in Northern Nigeria where even trees voted but instead you let that be and allow them Rig the hell out of those parts.
a very smart president would have capitalised on those areas where he has majority voters as in 98% voters and rig the hell out of those areas places like Akwa ibom cross rivers delta and rivers should have produced not less than 2 million votes each while SE states at least 1 million votes each (that's exactly what apc did in kano, kastina and other strongholds of them)
should i continue...

Gej you're the cause of your predicaments and i feel little sorry for you angry
So you settle down write all these "Songs of Solomon" for GEJ?

GEJ really deal with you sha.

32 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by criminalmindz: 3:23am On Apr 26, 2017
2015 presidential election was an election of conspiracy, betrayal and falsification. Even jega was part of the greatest conspiracy nigeria democracy has ever known. Jega is a disgrace and history will remember him as the most corrupt/biased inec chairman . Apc,buhari , the 4 generals and northern elders might have written history but I assure you very soon the whole conspiracy will be exposed, jega will be disgraced to the point he will contemplate suicide. history will be re-written that the man who truly won the presidential election was never sworn in as president. Mark my words soon they will be a mighty revolution in nigeria that will shake the world.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by CplusJason: 3:26am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by sarrki(m): 3:32am On Apr 26, 2017
CplusJason:

wink morning
Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by CplusJason: 3:34am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:

wink morning
Morning Bro, you wan start with GEJ abi?

By the way, where's Buhari?

13 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Firefire(m): 5:30am On Apr 26, 2017
Time to let go, and let the brainwashed Nigerians who voted a GRANDPA see how their own economy has crumbled under Buhary the directionless 'kworuption pighter'.

Btw: you too messed up.

14 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 5:32am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

True

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by MrEverest(m): 5:34am On Apr 26, 2017
God will continue to bless you sir while your enemies shall know no peace, just like the way buhari is suffering today!

17 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by greatwhite(m): 5:35am On Apr 26, 2017
You might be right GEJ. You surrounded yourself with wolves in sheep clothing. From day one they made calculated efforts to run your administration down. You did little to rectify it. Let just say people wanted the next best thing. Not that they actually loved PMB. Your administration gave no other option. Same thing would happen to PMB in 2019. If he decides to run for 2nd term.

7 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by GavelSlam: 5:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Let us even overlook the elections.

Malabu scandal nko?

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by blackpanda: 5:55am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:

Gej mistakes was when he aligned with the old guard

He was loved by the masses north and south we all felt he was part of us

He messed up the whole thing

Speak for yourself. Majority of Nigerians were astounded and repulsed by the level of corruption and greed of gej regime. It was simply unprecedented. Not even abacha looted that much!

11 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by dunkem21(m): 5:59am On Apr 26, 2017
The same way they're harrasing us here shocked

Ask Tallesty1 cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by TPAND(f): 6:01am On Apr 26, 2017
Posterity Will Never Forgive Buhari. This generation will only get to know the damage Buhari has done to this country only when he leaves office

5 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by duduade: 6:07am On Apr 26, 2017
When Jona was harrasing Nigerians before If you have to clear your name, do the right thing!!!
Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 26, 2017
As chairman, Nairaland committee on observation. Let the blame game start. I de observate

1 Like

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 26, 2017
See this ineffectual thing......
Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by obyrich(m): 6:20am On Apr 26, 2017
sarrki:
Hmmmmm

Same will be directed at Buhari by the next government.

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari’s Government Harassing My Family" - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 26, 2017
close your mouth

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured / BREAKING: Buhari Submits Assets Declaration Form, Shows Zero Debt (Photos) / Presidential Debate: Buhari Vs Jonathan. Who Will Win?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.