Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:13 PM

A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. (10864 Views)

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES / Buy Your Cheap Farm Land, Hybrid Plantain Suckers And Cashew Seedlings(pic) / Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Non-oil Products Export Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by ezo4fta(m): 5:07pm On May 05, 2018
Nice post
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2018
ezo4fta:
Nice post

Glad we making our own little contribution.....thanks Bro
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2018
Our appreciation goes to all our esteem client who had place oder for our viable hybrid sucker....congratulation on a wise choice!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2018
I was just smiling to the Bank today after my first plantain supply......sold 3Dozen today at #25,000 per dozen.....this is just the best time to sell your plantain as it scarse in the market now.......We established our experimental farm in May2017 and just exertly a year am smiling to the Bank.....

If you have been following this thread from the day we clear and establish this farm and you are still reading, pls it time to acquire your own land, invite kenfarm to do the needful for you ......what we charge you will never exceed what you gonna make out of the farm

Remember, every accomplishment starts with a decision to try!!

1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Thebeacon(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2018
Ken4agent:
I was just smiling to the Bank today after my first plantain supply......sold 3Dozen today at #25,000 per dozen.....this is just the best time to sell your plantain as it scarse in the market now.......We established our experimental farm in May2017 and just exertly a year am smiling to the Bank.....

If you have been following this thread from the day we clear and establish this farm and you are still reading, pls it time to acquire your own land, invite kenfarm to do the needful for you ......what we charge you will never exceed what you gonna make out of the farm

Remember, every accomplishment starts with a decision to try!!

please, what market did you sell it?
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2018
Thebeacon:

please, what market did you sell it?

Good Q, but I need to tell you I did not take it to any market. If I did it won't be bought for such a handsome price. However, when my plantation was 7months old, I started doing market survey to find out the best set if buyer. I keep visiting the buyers to review the price they are willing to buy my plantain.

In the course of my market survey, I realised the boli sellers price offer was way too low.....why You may ask........I find out from them that this is the season for roasting maize. So all of them prefare to rost and sell maize and not plantain. Especially because this is the period plantain is way expensive for them to trade....

So I opted to sell my Giant Elephant plantain to whole sellers and consumers who where willing to buy a bunch for 2-3k and a dozen for 25k.

All i did was spend the whole day driving round town, meeting with all plantain wholesellers, collecting their numbers, documenting it and when I harvested I just put a call through to them and sold it to highest bidder.

In all, you need to create your own market for your farm produce.

However, if you want kenfarm to market your produce, we charge an agreed %

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Thebeacon(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2018
Ken4agent:

Good Q, but I need to tell you I did not take it to any market. If I did it won't be bought for such a handsome price. However, when my plantation was 7months old, I started doing market survey to find out the best set if buyer. I keep visiting the buyers to review the price they are willing to buy my plantain.

In the course of my market survey, I realised the boli sellers price offer was way too low.....why You may ask........I find out from them that this is the season for roasting maize. So all of them prefare to rost and sell maize and not plantain. Especially because this is the period plantain is way expensive for them to trade....

So I opted to sell my Giant Elephant plantain to whole sellers and consumers who where willing to buy a bunch for 2-3k and a dozen for 25k.

All i did was spend the whole day driving round town, meeting with all plantain wholesellers, collecting their numbers, documenting it and when I harvested I just put a call through to them and sold it to highest bidder.

In all, you need to create your own market for your farm produce.

However, if you want kenfarm to market your produce, we charge an agreed %

Cheers!

thanks for the answer. it was really helpful
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:24pm On May 21, 2018
Thebeacon:

thanks for the answer. it was really helpful

It is soft work for kenfarm because It our work........We glad it was helpful
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Twinmama(f): 9:18am On May 22, 2018
Are you based in Ibadan?
If yes can you help with the planting and how many do I need for one and half acres of land?
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2018
Twinmama:
Are you based in Ibadan?
If yes can you help with the planting and how many do I need for one and half acres of land?

Pls am base in Ibadan, we can handle the planting professionally and give you a followup for free
With a spacing of 1.5m by 1.5m you can plant 1500 suckers on One & half acres

Pls contact us via 09091405861 or send a mail to: kenfarm2020@gmail.com

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
If your plantation is 12months old and you have not start harvesting your fruit for sale.....do not panick if you did the following on your plantation:

1. You controlled weed as much as possible at tender
2. You applied two rounds of NPK
3. Your soil organic matter is above critical level
4. You did a soil test and it indicate your soil PH is OK for plantain cultivation.
5. Your soil is well drained
6. You bought a viable sucker like that sold by kenfarm

If you are able to keep all the above in check and your plantation has not start producing fruit, do not worry. I can assure you from experience that what is delaying the fruiting is the poor rain fall....as soon as the rain fall rate improve I bet you the fruit will all emerge agresively

However, if you did not keep all the above in check and your plantation is yet to fruit at 12months, I will advise you sort the expertise of a plantain plantation farmer like kenfarm asap

We help you correct your errors if it not too late. Otherwise am afraid the yield will surely be discouraging.

Farming is not rocket science....the measure you input is the measure the farm output
Cheers!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2018
Customers has been asking me how and what fertilizer to apply when practising organic farming. This is just to brief us on this:

Fertilizer required for organic production: A healthy dressing of compost at planting time is a must for plantain suckers. Other fertilizer to apply near the plant at planting time is a bone meal based fertilizer which is high in phosphorus (it is good for root establishment).

A week after planting, a fertilizer with higher Nitrogen content such as cured animal manure can be applied on the surface of the suckers to support vegetative growth. Once the Fruit is set, apply a high phosphorus fertilizer every 3 weeks. Other organic phosphorus fertilizer that could be applied apart from bone meal is rock phosphate.

The quantity that will be applied is based on phosphorus requirement of Tomato (120 kg p/ha).

Kenfarm hopes this above info helps
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
We made our 3rd harvest today. We harvest 27bunches and sold them for #30,000 @#15,000 per dozen. As the rain we the soil increasing the soil moisture it makes more and more bunches to emerge. We also transplanted area that experience mortality due to wind.

We still controlling weed and making heap round the sucker to increase rate of emergence of the sucker. So as we sell plantain, we also selling sucker.

If you still reading and following this thread...we appreciate but it time to call us to do the needful for you. .....kenfarm is not an internet farmer......we swet it out in the jungle/farm

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
Our experimental farm produced the 3rd harvest yesterday as I visited for routine farm check to realised fruit are available to harvest

Also, we sold off some suckers which prompted me to instruct my staff to make heap round the desuckerd suckers. It is important you cover up the hole created while desuckering to prevent the parent sucker from falling and also to speedup the rate at which more sucker will emerge.

So now we are making cash off the plantain fruits and sucker......are you still in the category of poeple watching things happen??

It time to join the category of poeple making things happen by call kenfarm to help establish your plantain plantation asap

Cheers!!!

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
We still have giant Elephant Plantain fruit and suckers for sale.....we also willing to sell our fruit at a wholesale price to you if you intend buying and supplying.

This may be a job opportunity we creating for you....think about it
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Are we aware that the topography of your farmland determines what method of planting sucker you are to adopt??......a client invited kenfarm to their farm to avaluate the cause of 60% of the suckers they planted is rotening in the hole.

After our evaluation, kenfarm discover the farm land topography was more like a bed with very unnoticeable stop slop preventing run off. Thus, all the water accumulate at the base of the sucker couple with the fact that the farmland is waterlog.

Our recommendations was to replant the roten sucker but ensure no pothole is left round the planted sucker base to prevent accumulation of water at the sucker base and also to enhance runn off......other recommendations are ......
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2018
We made another harvest of 28bunches from our experimental farm yesterday and was picked up by our new distributor in Lagos and sold handsomely.

Client has been asking me how it is possible to sustain a plantain plantation to avoid desertification?

To ensure your plantation keep producing fruit for the next 5-7years you must practise the following
1. Always replant another sucker on the sport you just cut off a sucker which fruit have been harvested. Except in a situation where the parent sucker already has offspring to start a new generation

2. Ensure you make the plantation weed free

3. Do not stay away from the farm. Visit as frequent as possible to identify early symptom of desease out break especially Nematode

4. Apply compost manure for the nest generation

For more detail contact kenfarm help desk

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lookout for our progress report on our experimental farm. I would post total expected dozen we hope to harvest, how many dozen harvested so far and how many left. I will also post a farm management skill am adopting to ensure this plantation keep producing fruits for the next 7yrs and beyond
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2018
We harvested 5 dozens which is 60bunches. I supplied it to Lagos and sold some really giant dozen of plantain for #16,000 and sold the faily big bunches for #12,000 per dozen.
Is been a profitable Biz. If you do it right, you get it right.

Picture below is our delivery space Bus loaded with plantain on delivery

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2018
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL MY ESTEEM FOLLOWERS!!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Luv4tv(m): 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good day, pls what is the cost outline of planting on one acre i.e the total cost including d suckers, fertilizer and others till maturity. What is the profit outlook on such investment? And finally, how much will it cost if u are to consult for intended client as I hope to go into such by the grace of God next year.
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2018
Luv4tv:
Good day, pls what is the cost outline of planting on one acre i.e the total cost including d suckers, fertilizer and others till maturity. What is the profit outlook on such investment? And finally, how much will it cost if u are to consult for intended client as I hope to go into such by the grace of God next year.

We appreciate your enquiries and congratulate you on your wise decision to emback on the establishment of your own plantation. That is the aim of this thread. It is intended to stimulate intending farmers to go into plantain production. We are glad our post is making impact.

However, I do not often put up any price quote here on this page because what is applicable to location A may not be applicable to location B.,.hope you understand......Thus, please i will advise you direct your query/enquiries to:

kenfarm2020@gmail.com

We would be glad to send you all helpful cost analysis info. Also ensure you let us know your farm size and farm location in your correspondence
Cheers!!
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2018
Are you still loitering the street with your CV and plenty of pali? It time to think outside the box. Visit www.kenfarm.com.ng or better still run through this thread from the start to date and be inspired to help yaself......No time to waste time pls
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
We harvested yet another 50bunches from our experimental farm and delivered to Lagos Island

Stay glued to this post as kenfarm will educate our esteem followers with tips on on agronomy Best Practise to observe to ensure your plantation keep producing fruits for the next 7yrs

Below is the pix of our Saturday harvest

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
One of our whole seller and distributor picking up our Giant Elephant Plantain from our warehouse in Ibadan to Lagos ....you can also be our distributor

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2018
Q: How do I mentain my farm in preparation for the dry season?

ANS: the following tips are essential tip you need to observe if you want your plantation to survive the dry season

1. Ensure that you apply poultry manure especially if the suckers are less than 5months (check for merits of poultry manure on previous post or check www.kenfarm.com.ng)

2. After applying the poultry manure, if rain has subsided at your farm area you need to wet the farm after application for at least 5days for the manure to resolve and sink into the soil

3. Prume or cut off the dry leaves on the plantain stand as seen on the picture below( for reason check our URL)

4. Ensure you make big heaps round the base of your plantain stand as seen on the picture of our farm. The heaps will hold the parent and offspring sucker very firm. It will also ensure more sucker grow around for sell or transplant next season

5. You can also practise mulching to reduce transpiration and to retain moisture over the dry season

6. Apply contact herbicide mixed with Atrazin ......for detail check our eBook OE URL

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
Pls do check our very much educative YouTube video ....it will explain why certain farm operation is needed for this dry season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvbMQFV-tSM
Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Best method to preserve your sucker pending when they will be planted. This method is useful for those of us planting this dry season. We adopted it in a farm we established 3days ago and it was a huge success

1. As soon as the suckers are transported to the farm, ensure you heap up the suckers in 100s after which you wet the suckers using wetting can

2. Cover up the suckers with dry leaves and then wet again so that the dry leave help to retain moisture

3. Cover again with palm leaf

4. After 6-8hrs if you have not planted the suckers, wet again

In the picture below you can see the sucker preserved using the above method and the sucker that was not preserved....both just after 12hrs

We experimented it and it worked.....we keep you posted on the growth rate of the plantain plantation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
Season greatings!!

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 7:21am On Dec 24, 2018
For those of us practicing organic plantain farming, we may experience the manifestation of locost (grasshopper) in our farm. Never mind it normal in the dry season. Just follow the direction below to prepare the mixture then spray.

However, if you are not practicing organic plantain farming, just apply a good pesticide until the population is controled

Get a Congo of garlic, pill d back and blend with 10cups of water. Then boil d solution 2boiling point. Leave d solution overnight. Tak2 farm & divide solution into 3portion. Add a portion to spraying tank n add water. Then spray upper n lower part of affected plantain leaf

1 Like

Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Flocky: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2019
Nice thread u have here.

What is the cost implication of setting up a plantain farm, especially for one who doesn't have a farm location yet?

Where are the possible location for someone who stays in Lagos?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! My Broilers Keep Dying / We Buy Old Layers, Mature Cockerels And Broiler Of Any Quantity / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.