Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? (45127 Views)

My Friend Told Her Boyfriend That I Am Just A Friend,, Now This Is Happening. / Lady Wants Boyfriend That Will Keep Her Till She Gets A Husband. See Replies / “boyfriend That Can't Be Paying His Girl N100k As Salary, Is Not A Boyfriend” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
Acidosis:

Yes o. Whoever goes into a relationship on the basis of financial benefits and gains from the better half is a parasitic pros. titute.

I enter into relationships based on feelings (love) and mutual understanding. In the course of the relationship, we are bound to face financial needs, and of course, either party can provide.
EOD nothing more to add

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by babyfaceafrica: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

This scenario is kinda different from what this dumb op is talking about.
no mind the history teacher
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by teevodaprinz(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dominicah:
Love is important in a relationship, however, availability of finance makes the love wax stronger. A man should be able to buy gifts constantly for his girl friend, take her out on dates, send her cash once in a while, transfer airtime to her phone even when she does not ask, these acts keeps the love alive. Take it or leave it, women are moved by such acts, that's why you see a woman say a man is caring once he can meet her needs.

This thread isn't about broke men, when you are broke as a man, its not your fault, but try to share the little you have with your girl, if you don't you are stingy and a stingy man does not deserve a woman. He should go for prostitutes and call girls, leave decent girls alone.

Some mumu boys will call a girl who requires financial support a gold digger, that is wrong. The man is the giver in a relationship, while the woman is the receiver. guys, use your heads and start meeting up with your responsibilities.

For the ladies, its not wise spending on a guy, he will just finish your money and move on, don't be desperate.

A word is enough for the wise.

Where is it written that guys should only be the giver while the lady "the receiver" in a relationship? sometimes guys needs financial help too. We should be a helping hand to ourselves. And for the bolded part, I can say you re very much wrong because even as it is on guys so also ladies. Moreover, if a lady can't assist her guy when need be, then of what use will she be to her man? ...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Shiitposter: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dominicah:
A man should be able to buy gifts constantly for his girl friend, take her out on dates, send her cash once in a while, transfer airtime to her phone even when she does not ask, these acts keeps the love alive.

Does this also apply to the girl friend?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
grin grin

Just this morning there was a thread asking who can date a broke guy.

and now

This thread grin

Abeg make I laugh grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Funkybabee:
stingy guy I can't even friend with them seriously because me gan na spender girl why dulling myself with one dude lol!!!

With that face - that kinda face - it baffles me you're still able to type trash.

Oya humble jare! See face...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
Just when you think feminism is making a headway, girls.like the op will turn up Hehehehehe
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol I know, I am just kidding m'am.

Ermm I think the last time was 350AD sha
Stingy guy, my next thread will be
10 types of stingy guys.
We are to help one another in a relationship.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
It takes a greedy person to identify a stingy one. What's the value of a greedy girlfriend?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Titugirl(f): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Boyfriend that cannot give, that one na boyfriend?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by wanted222(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
And what stops you from making your own money and taking care of ur boyfriend don't u ve two hands and legs and brains like him? GOLD DIGGING BITCHES

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by kullozone(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
The mumu "ashawo" can't even defend her write up. She's just calling any guy who dares expose her stuupidity, a stingy man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Akinwerndey: 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Is having a girl/boy friend a poverty alleviation scheme? I'm not saying giving and collecting by both parties is bad but pegging the standard of your relationship on this aspect is as good as myopic. Trust me when meet ya other half this thing won't matter!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
They give hot sex, don't underrate them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by chronique(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
EmekaBlue:
You were making 50% sense until you wrote this...

For the ladies, its not wise spending on a guy, he will just finish your money and move on, don't be desperate.

A word is enough for the wise.

Typical nigerian girl poor mentality

Exactly. Looks like the engine powering her brain, knocked that moment. If only some people, think before talking...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
What's the essence of a poor girl from a poor background dating a poor guy? The op pointed out one or two key points that only real matured men will appreciate.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by fuckboys: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigerian girls from poor families putting the sins of their fathers on we the men, nawa ooo cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by wristbangle: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Oyind18:
Stingy guy, my next thread will be
10 types of stingy guys.
We are to help one another in a relationship and marriage.

One of the reason Beyonce and JayZ marriage remain unshakeable till date. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by jeff1607(m): 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Money ain't everything but when a lady can't make sacrifices to forge ahead for future plans all she thinks is NOW, what use is such a lady, a lady who is focused and knows how to plan or even help her partner make good decisions, the guy would steal or worse kill to keep such a lady.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by AjiChris(f): 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Tolexander:
what is now the responsibility of the ladies in a relationship or better put, what do ladies have to offer in a relationship in return to the guys financial spending?
lolz you dey vex? D topic you suggested make sha...seun shud put it at d fp
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by wristbangle: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Cleopatra4:

U think so? So you want to tell me you have not seen a broke guy still cheating on his girlfriend undecided cheating is a natural thing with men with or without money.

Cute orobo, vice versa for ladies too. sad
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by refreshrate: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Everytime this one comes on nairaland it's about men and their money.

You dey forbid get your own money aunty?

Is it only to be hiding sausage that is your skillset?

Tufia!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Itzurboi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
bencobenz:
Boyfriend that cannot meet his girlfriend's need, abeg that one na boyfriend?
Bro, your brain needs goko cleanser... i doubt if you can take care of your bills

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
fuckboys:
Nigerian girls from poor families putting the sins of their fathers on we the men, nawa ooo cheesy
That's social climbing for you.... Its a social phenomenon. That's just life, so deal with it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Let me be straight with you guys .

@ OP, You see I think it's about time we introduce a dislike button in Nairaland .

I don't know you personally but you see you kind of made a little bit of sense but then you kind of spoilt it .

But you are entitled to the way you feel right or wrong .

Sometimes I feel like loosing hope in us as a people ...cause it just seems like bottom line relationships all just come down to a social contract ...man bring money , provide shelter and food : woman bear children , clean the house , prepare the food man brought home .

We can all talk from now till tomorrow but nothing will change . 20 years from now let's revisit this post and sincerely see how we are all doing in our relationships .

It feels like a never ending cycle of pain and mistrust ..because one person hurt me I gotta hurt the next person by not giving nothing . But who dey give go always get to give one way or the other .

God is not a fool ... He knew what he was doing when he invented love ...we humans just misbehave with it .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
jeff1607:
Money ain't everything but when a lady can't make sacrifices to forge ahead for future plans all she thinks is NOW, what use is such a lady, a lady who is focused and knows how to plan or even help her partner make good decisions, the guy would steal or worse kill to keep such a lady.
Tell them.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by kessler53(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dominicah:
it has nothing to do with being a poor girl or not, even a rich girl will value a guy with free hands more than the tight fisted ones.
do daughters of billionaires and presidents have to be showered with gifts and cash?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Sholeyb: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
I may be old school, but I really do not subscribe to this notion that only the man should spend on his girl. If you genuinely love someone, you will part with your money for their benefit. True love, will share and give. I have been married for almost 16 years and I buy gifts for my husband when I can. Sometimes, when I am going past a shop and I see something I know he would like, I just buy it, and he does the same for me. If I am honest, he does more of the buying! Note, I am not saying I am better than others, because I also had to get rid of the naija mentality, which encourages women not to give money to their boyfriends or husbands. Also, I am not advocating that women feed and clothe their men o! I am saying, if you truly love your man, you will be happy to spend some money buying him things and supporting him during difficult times. Finally, before you spend your money on a man or woman, make sure they genuinely love you, are not taking advantage of you and are responsible financially.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by perfecti(f): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

This scenario is kinda different from what this dumb op is talking about.

Okay.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Acetyl(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
Cleopatra4:

U think so? So you want to tell me you have not seen a broke guy still cheating on his girlfriend undecided cheating is a natural thing with men with or without money.
Ma'am not all men cheat...
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by chronique(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
Romance section is now so annoying to the point that all these small small children that cannot wash their pants and boxers properly, are now the ones giving us advice on relationships.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? / Seven (7) "Laughable" Ways Ladies Express Love. / Update On Zimbabwean Man Who Sneaked Into Hospital Ward & Had Sex With Sick Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.