Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? (45130 Views)

My Friend Told Her Boyfriend That I Am Just A Friend,, Now This Is Happening. / Lady Wants Boyfriend That Will Keep Her Till She Gets A Husband. See Replies / “boyfriend That Can't Be Paying His Girl N100k As Salary, Is Not A Boyfriend” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Your opinion ooo! I tell ladies even if you like sabi snake in a monkey shadow. A guy who will cheat will cheat without even looking back.

Kinda right but I keep on asking myself ...y'all always say men cheat but men don't cheat with men ...they cheat with women on their woman . Why can't women just come together and say no we won't sleep with any woman's man .

Wishful thinking too ..but I'm just saying ...I hope your statement is subjective and not a general view .
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by wanted222(m): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Cleopatra4:

None of your business. My opinion.
I PITY WHO BORN U.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
sonofLuci:

Cc: Bumbae1, see what I was telling you about some Nigerians intelligence quotient and why I don't associate, you don see am, see what this one is saying.
Lol chai
Imaginee .. no vex dear .. one can't always have a brain sometimes it's very rare only few are blessed with it grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Leriebloom(f): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
ojun50:
Stingy guys value there relationship more, respect his woman nd i think thy try to be around wen u need them, bt one tin hv notice about guys that spend on his woman cheat very well, he does nt respect d woman, he feel he can get any woman of his choice.

Add yrs na wetin i notics i take

Not true about stingy guys giving more value to a relationship. Most times they pretend to give value to the relationship especially when they are at the receiving end. I dated a stingy guy once, I didn't notice he was stingy because I am not one to ask for things from a guy.
My friends told me he was but the love was still shacking me then grin He was always telling me I owed him this and that and whatever he asked for I gave. I fell mumu big time...He never showed me off as his girl outside but he always wanted me to show him off(never showed him off because I am not one who does the public display of affection sh!t) we broke up and I later found out the f°°l was cheating, I guess that was an eye opener. A man who is a cheat is a cheat irrelevant of what he has in his pocket and how opened his hands are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by efonat(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
FROM UR WRITEUP, I'VE SEEN YOUR LEVEL OF EXPOSURE AND REASONING, VERY POOR. WHO TOLD YOU THAT LOVE IS ABOUT GIVING YOU MONEY? Then what difference are you from a prostitute.LOVE is mutual. If he didn't have and u have, give him.overseas, if two lovers go out, they do so to enjoy each other's company while spending independently except either of them wants to take the bill.YOU don't base LOVE on MONEY, it's POVERTY OF THE MIND!!!!
Dominicah:
Love is important in a relationship, however, availability of finance makes the love wax stronger. A man should be able to buy gifts constantly for his girl friend, take her out on dates, send her cash once in a while, transfer airtime to her phone even when she does not ask, these acts keeps the love alive. Take it or leave it, women are moved by such acts, that's why you see a woman say a man is caring once he can meet her needs.

This thread isn't about broke men, when you are broke as a man, its not your fault, but try to share the little you have with your girl, if you don't you are stingy and a stingy man does not deserve a woman. He should go for prostitutes and call girls, leave decent girls alone.

Some mumu boys will call a girl who requires financial support a gold digger, that is wrong. The man is the giver in a relationship, while the woman is the receiver. guys, use your heads and start meeting up with your responsibilities.

For the ladies, its not wise spending on a guy, he will just finish your money and move on, don't be desperate.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Itzurboi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Titugirl:
Boyfriend that cannot give, that one na boyfriend?
a BOO-BOO That Is Waiting On Her BOO For Every Financial Assistance, Is That One a BOO BOO or ELERI-BOO
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
crazymommy:
Some nigerians and their mumu statment,and if the men too starts claiming their own right that it is a man nature to cheat u will start crying....where u the one that created the nature??did Oprah Winfrey depended on any man before she succeeded??

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol chai
Imaginee .. no vex dear .. one can't always have a brain sometimes it's very rare only few are blessed with it grin

12 free ticket of footie match for you for this sensible comment!

Plus 12 bottle of orijin for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by wristbangle: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nma27:
1/50? What of Angelina jolie?

She and Brad Pitt don break up sad

Cleopatra4:

Your opinion ooo! I tell ladies even if you like sabi snake in a monkey shadow. A guy who will cheat will cheat without even looking back.
U are right but what triggers the promiscuity nature in some guys is due to the way ladies maltreat them in the past.

But when a guy is faithful to a lady, she takes advantage and sees him as a weakling

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dominicah:
Just saying it as it is.
Una stingy pass
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Iamzik: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
EmekaBlue:
You were making 50% sense until you wrote this...

For the ladies, its not wise spending on a guy, he will just finish your money and move on, don't be desperate.

Typical nigerian girl poor mentality

I thought ladies want gender equality. If we are equal then why cant we spend on each other? Op encouraged men to spend and women to be stingy. I know you are spending on a guy somewhere but kontinue.....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by aribisala0(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Oyind18:
I'm a crazy spender, I don't have limit to what I can do for my man. Its give and take dear, learn to give your lady too.
Don't give foolishly or spend crazily. Invest in your future and after that if you have extra invest in needy people in society. Life is not cinema. What difference does all that crazy spending and so called limitless giving serve.You met it all here and must leave it all.What matters is legacy not egotistical self indulgence.
The most important thing I ever received in my life was words of encouragement at a time when I most needed them.no amount of money can buy that

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Cleopatra4(f): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
wanted222:
I PITY WHO BORN U.
you mumu eh undecided Please if you have nothing to say lemme alone abeg. I have my own view on relationships why not advice me not insult me..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Funny but thoughtful view ...the Bible outrightly makes it wrong to have sex outside of marriage but does not say anything about spending money during courtship period .

Sometimes I just wonder if it had outlawed that too ...but anyways what do I know .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Itzurboi(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nma27:
What's the essence of a poor girl from a poor background dating a poor guy? The op pointed out one or two key points that only real matured men will appreciate.
Attachment spotted, only real matured people will understand.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
aribisala0:

Don't give foolishly or spend crazily. Invest in your future and after that if you have extra invest in needy people in society. Life is not cinema. What difference does all that crazy spending and so called limitless giving serve.You met it all here and must leave it all.What matters is legacy not egotistical self indulgence.
The most important thing I ever received in my life was words of encouragement at a time when I most needed them.no amount of money can buy that
You for talk without quoting me
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by djeezy(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dominicah:
why should she contribute when she wasn't the one that asked him out? undecided
So he asked her out simply to be spending money on her? and what does she have to offer? sex? Gosh you are a liability like many other Nigerian women. Poor girl wanting to be elevated where she did not plant.smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
sonofLuci:

12 free ticket of footie match for you for this sensible comment!

Plus 12 bottle of orijin for you.
Im actually vex seff nothing irritates me more than lazy ass chic
Worthless waiting for men before they can eat .. arrggg

Kimbra wer u dey cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by ummeey: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
ElDadd:

You're foolish woman..
Wtf is a man is the giver, a woman is the receiver? What kind of foolish talk is this?
My mom took care of the whole family for a while when my dad lost his job. If she reasoned like you, would the marriage not have failed?

You just disgraced every woman with your stupîd post.

No wonder men like me will continue fûcking you steady, and giving you small small change. Then we marry a correct babe, and give her the world.

Girls like you have No single thing to offer asides your borehole-sized kitten.

We call girls like you "sarewagba"
Olosho oshi.
Yes bro, I like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Cleopatra4(f): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
tobianthony:

Kinda right but I keep on asking myself ...y'all always say men cheat but men don't cheat with men ...they cheat with women on their woman . Why can't women just come together and say no we won't sleep with any woman's man .

Wishful thinking too ..but I'm just saying ...I hope your statement is subjective and not a general view .
Why can't men just come together and say no we won't sleep with any woman aside my woman. No matter the temptation.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Odinz(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dominicah:
Love is important in a relationship, however, availability of finance makes the love wax stronger. A man should be able to buy gifts constantly for his girl friend, take her out on dates, send her cash once in a while, transfer airtime to her phone even when she does not ask, these acts keeps the love alive. Take it or leave it, women are moved by such acts, that's why you see a woman say a man is caring once he can meet her needs.

This thread isn't about broke men, when you are broke as a man, its not your fault, but try to share the little you have with your girl, if you don't you are stingy and a stingy man does not deserve a woman. He should go for prostitutes and call girls, leave decent girls alone.

Some mumu boys will call a girl who requires financial support a gold digger, that is wrong. The man is the giver in a relationship, while the woman is the receiver. guys, use your heads and start meeting up with your responsibilities.

I once argued with someone that feminist movements are just a waste of time and resources. No offence but with this school of thought you hold, I think I was right.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
djeezy:
So he asked her out simply to be spending money on her? and what does she have to offer? sex? Gosh you are a liability like many other Nigerian women. Poor girl wanting to be elevated where she did not plant.smh

Lol u wasting ur time hun .. don't even bother shake ur head
Just thank God not all reason this way ... if not
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by stan83: 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
I pray you don't become victim of ritualist..
Dominicah:

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Icecomrade: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
pryme:
Op you are not so smart, you are just another material girl blessed with a slow working brain, I won't be surprise if you are a very pretty girl, cos most you pretty girls think it's enough to be pretty and that should be enough for what you have to offer.

I said you are short sighted cos you can't see that what you demand in a relationship is only going to run the man down. If the man is not wise and dump your ass you will ruin him financially.

From your write up it's obvious you are liability.

LIABILITIES HAS NEVER MADE A MAN RICH, ONLY INVESTMENTS DO.

'Nuff said.

On point Bro
Maturity is invaluable.
Women knows how to get into a man's head.

Some dumb ass guys will read the thrash Dominican wrote and start wasting their hard earned money trying to please one silly girl in the name of trying to be a ladies man.

What's the gain? CHEAP SEX.

Smart guys threat liabilities like Dominican like pest and focus on women that would add value to their plans in life.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by jrusky(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
Please what did you mean by stingy? was forced to speak a little on this issue because as a person I don't speak on issues like this because many things are attached to it.

With the current trend our girls or lady has gone in Nigeria some time it's good for a guy to be reserve in his spending for a girl or lady because their is no guarantee if he spend all his cash on girl or lady she won't still dump him because Nigeria babe are has placed their dignity on *AUCTION* market the highest bidder take her home mind you I said *sometime* its good for a guy to reserve his cash if the girl or the lady want to stay she can and if not door is wide open because to please Nigeria girls or ladies hhhmmm......... if not careful you might become kidnapper or ritualist simply to please them.

This is why I need to know your definition of stingy first.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
iamadonis2:

With that face - that kinda face - it baffles me you're still able to type trash.

Oya humble jare! See face...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by efonat(m): 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2017
"I have discovered that love doesn't guarantee the success of a relationship. Love cannot help you stick to one person all year round, and on the other hand, cheating isn't always a product of not loving your partner.

In fact, loving someone doesn't guarantee not falling in love with someone else. Relationships work out mostly because of our heads not our hearts.

It works out because of our emotional maturity, empathetic intelligence and self discipline; because, time will come when you'll see more beautiful, handsome, romantic, intelligent, sexy, rich, curvy and God fearing people than the one you're in a relationship with.

In those times, love will not help you. Self control will help you. Emotional intelligence will come to your rescue and commitment will keep you going.

With those characteristics, no matter how you feel for someone else, the person you're committed to will rank first in your life.

You think happily married people don't see better people than the ones they married to? You think they don't feel funny sometimes? You think they don't catch feelings? They do!

But understanding that commitment is greater than feelings and it is the great arsenal that destroys those unhelpful impulses.

You can fall in love with anyone, but building a relationship takes absolutely more than what attracted you to them and takes more than love.

We are too fond of loving when it's convenient and sweet. We are too fond of loving when love is there; but that can only last for just the first 3 - 6 months of the relationship in many cases.

After then, you'll realise that the feelings have dropped and it's now your responsibility to make the relationship work, not love's responsibility.

Relationships cannot be readymade. You have to build it and it's never always about love, it requires commitment and intelligence.

On the long run in marriages, it's not just love that keeps them together forever, it's determination and commitment.

Everyone falls in love; it takes little or no effort to do that. But staying in love? Building a relationship? Only the strong and committed ones do that.

That's why we must find that one person and commit to that one, discipline yourself and bridle your emotions.

Building a relationship is hard work, it's like building a career, It's like pursuing a dream.

It's always tough. At some point it will be so bitter but you can make it work by putting your heads together. You can scale through the trying times by staying focused and committed.

The kind of love that attracts two people together is not the kind of love that will keep them together. Be emotionally strong, be self disciplined and above all, have the God factor that will give you the grace needed to reign you in.

Please imbibe and share with the young adults, married and unmarried couples

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Safiaa(f): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lol the op is not defending her write up in the right way, so it's coming across bad. But i get where she's coming from. I get the gist.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by djeezy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol u wasting ur time hun .. don't even bother shake ur head
Just thank God not all reason this way ... if not
My dear it's just so annoying. Most Nigerian girls reason this way instead of going out and making their own money. She's the type that can be a slave to a man as long as he gives her money. You want him to spend so much on you because you are beautiful or give him sex.? what else is she bringing to the table? sex is easy to even get these days. Her mentality is really poor. Typical liability that's what she is. She's the kind of woman you will marry she will sit at home all day, won't work and get fat spending money she doesn't deserve. .

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Why can't men just come together and say no we won't sleep with any woman aside my woman. No matter the temptation.

We already have ... wink, But you know that's not possible Cleo ...neither that for women. Like I said wishful thinking .

I can only speak for myself . How's abuja ? Any sign of PMB ?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
iamadonis2:

With that face - that kinda face - it baffles me you're still able to type trash.

Oya humble jare! See face...
gringringrin I can't help it gringrin person no fit ugly in peace again
Re: What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Safiaa:
Lol the op is not defending her write up in the right way, so it's coming across bad. But i get where she's coming from. I get the gist.
Funny thread grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Lesson Did Your Last Relationship Teach You? / Seven (7) "Laughable" Ways Ladies Express Love. / Update On Zimbabwean Man Who Sneaked Into Hospital Ward & Had Sex With Sick Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.