Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:54 AM

How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents (28434 Views)

How To Access The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / How I Recieved An Instant Loan Of Over N1m Without Going To The Bank / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by shambala: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
kenonze:
Free things dey sweet una too much.

How did u care for ur parents in their dying moment?

You just decided to ooze stupidity right?

1 Like

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by chiraqDemon(m): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
Benekruku:

Your statement tells me you will be a good ingredient for money rituals!
Guy ingredient grin grin
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by kelechiodo(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
fergusen:
Hello nairalanders.
A friend needs information on steps and documents required for accessing the bank account (Nigerian bank account) of a dead relative (parents).
Any Idea how long the process takes ?
Just go to the probate court. The staff there will direct you. I just finished my late dad's own
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by estine17: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
If there is a will to the fact that you are next of kin go to Probate for copy and letter to bank for the money.If not you need a letter of Administration. Get a lawyer who will file necessary application for a letter of Admin. After the order is granted , the bank will be expected to report via a document sent to it as to the through statement of account. In most cases you pay 10 percent of what is outstanding in bank and then letter of Admin is issue which you take to the bank for the money.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
Reference:

I am not too sure this will work these days. Banks are becoming wary of court cases coming from 'extended families' and are more inclined to accept only written wills.
many dont write will & if You are next of kin with letter of administration,no bank can derive you & you can even take they to court for frivolous damages. That is why a lawyer is needed for speedy result,though it takes time.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by muller101(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
kenonze:

did u access your 5tupidity online?
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Googleus(m): 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
Blow the whistle, get ur percentage.. Outsmart ur siblings

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
come with a Written Will from your late father as a beneficiary, if no Will, you go to the probate "High Court' Get a letter of Administration from a reputable court, a lawyer must be involved from the beginning to the end, in other for you to get access to your late dad estate account. You pay the lawyer a certain percentage of the total sum in your late Daddy estate account. Mind you, the process is not an Akamu and AKARA process, if care is not taken 7-9 months you are still running from Court to the bank, in order for you not to embark on a journey you will regreat at the end, try to work with an insider know how much your late man has, if it. something like N20-50k just forgo the money bc if you insist at the end, you may end up spending extra of that.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by prestige2013: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kindly save a token in the account to know the current balance before starting your process.

1 Like

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Austin234(m): 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
I can relate to this. I lost my belove mum in 2015. After the burial, I initiated a process to recover her depisite in UBA and succeeded.

Only @ the probate division of any state high court u can process this. They usually charge processing fee and other fees to this effect. They equally charge btw 15 percent and 20 percent of the bank deposite as part of their processing fees. The end product of the whole excercise is to obtain a letter of administration duly signed by the state chief judge

U may wish to pm me for more details

fergusen:
Hello nairalanders.
A friend needs information on steps and documents required for accessing the bank account (Nigerian bank account) of a dead relative (parents).
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by richbuky: 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
You don't need to be next of kin to get it. You need a letter of authority from your family. You can get this with the help of a lawyer. The death certificate. 5% of whatever is accrued would be collected by government or so.. And the money would be transferred into an account bearing the Estate of the dead person name. Then you can withdraw.
See an experienced lawyer.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Funkybabee(f): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
I would have advice you to collect letter of administration, death certificate,and write letter but administration letter will cost you money,don't answer them that it's require six month. the true facts is the money but do u know how much is there maybe it's worth it and also contact the bank manager to know the appropriate steps maybe there is any help he can render
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
fergusen:
Hello nairalanders.
I'm going through the same thing right now(not for my bank accnt mom's money anyways because she never hid anything from me, ATM Card Pins, PFA Pin, e.t.c) Good thing is that i'm the NOK. I'll be going to the High Court tomorrow to start processing the Letter Of Administration. I can help you ask.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
kelechiodo:

Just go to the probate court. The staff there will direct you. I just finished my late dad's own
How was it please? Do tell me. Opeyemiamua@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by abelokanlawon: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]I tell u
kenonze:

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Coolgent(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
Moneyyy:
Tell your friend to go to the bank for enquiries on that, why asking us? Na so yahoo yahoo dey take start. I'm sure other members of the family are the Executors of Estate but this guy wan take backyard collect money from the account.
Na tru o!

1 Like

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by kokomilala(m): 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Go to the High Court and apply for LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION.That empowers you and one of your siblings,if you have any,as administrators.You will be given a paper to the bank.At the bank your parents account detail will be spelt out.Then you will go back to the court and pay for it to be published in the dailies.In all,it may take six months to a year to get the money.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Saintmary(f): 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
chemistry157:
Phone wey I buy with my own money will be correcting the English I'm typing..

Is dat not rudeness?!!
just remove the autocorrect
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Tycike: 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
klifeomg:

I have a similar case, my dad worked in a federal establishment and they will keep on paying him for a few more months, so does that mean my Mom will have to forfeit all the subsequent money that will be paid? I want to process it for my Mom as she is still pained by my Dad's death and does not even want to bother herself with collecting the money and its huge.
Note: she is the next of kin
forward date the date certificate from national population commission to show that all the funds in your dads account was there b4 he passed away. Example say your dad died 1/1/2016 and he's office payed him for four months after he died, when you go to npc, tell them he died 1/5/2016. If you don't do it this way, u only get what was there b4 he passed away.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:30am On Apr 27, 2017
metrosexual:
First of all, the most important question is: Is he/she listed as a next of kin on any of his/her parents bank accounts?

If no, he/she should forget the money, if yes, proceed with these to the bank:

-Parents Death certificate
-Letter to the bank manager stating your order that his/her parents funds be transferred to him/her
-Valid identification of yourself
What kind of advice is this? Maybe you meant to say if there is some other next of kin? As long as there is no will, Whether he is next of kin or not as long as other siblings are in agreement, they can go ahead with the letters of admin.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by darqly(m): 2:54am On Apr 27, 2017
iamKahlan:
The banks will not be happy if anyone shows up to claim an account that the owner has died. even when you get to the court, they will still probe you especially in monetary terms e.g if you want it processed btw a month- 50k.... 6 months -25k. They will frustrate your life in the bank also. you will walk and walk under the hot sun. they can even ask you to go and dig your dad's grave and bring his thumbprint..... at the end of the day, you would be persuaded to leave the money to GOD. No ordinary Citizen can withdraw from such account. you have got to have some connections BRO.!

People like to comment on what they obviously know NOTHING about. Connections? To close a deceased account? grin Do what you're asked to do, you won't, instead you'll be seeking the FASTEST way to claim money from bank.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by wilyparker(m): 3:12am On Apr 27, 2017
Chukwumeremeze:

- He will need a letter of administration from the High court if His parents died without a will, and the process is quite lengthy and tough to conclude, and handled from the Probate Registry.

- He would also require the services of a Legal personnel who will assist in running the entire cycle which will include court fees, sureties etc.

I am currently running something related to that in The Probate Registry of Lagos High court, Igbosere road, and You may PM if you need further guidance on contact(s).
can you chat with me whatsapp on 08038769771 please! I lose my dad two weeks ago and I'm his next of he has some money on his pension account
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by toniro(m): 4:37am On Apr 27, 2017
Yov cud also visit the bank as certain balances requires less document. If its less than 100k, 500k.. just go there n get their requirement. Sori for d loss

1 Like

Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Prince29(m): 6:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Go 2 Court,it Will Take Up To 6mnts But Dnt Giv Up D Stress,
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by klifeomg(m): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2017
toniro:
Yov cud also visit the bank as certain balances requires less document. If its less than 100k, 500k.. just go there n get their requirement. Sori for d loss
My dads balance is less than 600k in one of his accounts but the pension fund is still paying cos I have access to his atm card,are you saying I will require less documentations?
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Chukwumeremeze(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2017
wilyparker:
can you chat with me whatsapp on 08038769771 please! I lose my dad two weeks ago and I'm his next of he has some money on his pension account

Alright bro..
So sorry for your loss.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Paulgracious(m): 11:05am On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=iamKahlan post=55943806[/quote] your last sentence annoys me.. How on earth will you advice somebody to forfeit his inheritance.. Let's assume your dad left about a billion for you, will you forfeit it Cox the process of retrieving it is complex? Man go work and another monkey go wan come chop am, na lie! Dem no reach I go fight till the very end if I dy ur shoe
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Chidexter(m): 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
getting a letter of administration from high court isn't a fewdays thing. It took me 3 months plus to get it. A letter of administration stands in place of a will. That is if the deceased doesn't have one. It contains the details of next of kin. There'll also be a public notice of the deceased in a national newspaper which you have to pay for.. No you don't need a lawyer cause I can't remember hiring one

Pls can u explain better d processes involved
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Emepresh(f): 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Please, which bank is that let me see how I can help you.
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by kelechiodo(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Amusaopeyemi:

How was it please? Do tell me. Opeyemiamua@gmail.com Thank you.

sent to mail
Re: How Can He Access The Bank Account Of Dead Parents by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
kelechiodo:

sent to mail
I got it embarassed Thank You so much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibadan's Shopping Malls: The More, The Merrier? (and Images) / Help Me!! My Money Is Missing. / Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.