Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed (7477 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident / Plane Carrying 4 People And 2 Children Missing Over Bermuda, Bahamas(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 9:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello pals,

I just got Bahamas visa family vacation visa.

Please I need advice on which Country transit visa Would be easy for me to apply.

A country that would easily grant me visa to transit to Bahamas.

We wsee given 3months Each

Since we couldn't get a direct flight please help us with your advice I am sure it would have happened to one or two people here in the past.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by Tempelof: 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
You can try Virgin Airline and you will need British transit visa. You can also go through Lufthansa / Condor Airlines, German Embassy will issue transit visa.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2017
Tempelof:
You can try Virgin Airline and you will need British transit visa. You can also go through Lufthansa / Condor Airlines, German Embassy will issue transit visa.

Thank you so much but please between British visa and German visa which one you think would be lenient to issue me the visa?
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by drthiery(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
You dont need a transit to go to The Bahamas when you fly Ethiopian Airline...
The Route is Abuja/Lagos---Adissababa----Sao Paulo---Bahamas
You dont need a transit visa to land in Brazil.
Just have your connecting flight ticket of not more than 6hrs...
You are good to go.....

1 Like

Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
drthiery:
You dont need a transit to go to The Bahamas when you fly Ethiopian Airline...
The Route is Abuja/Lagos---Adissababa----Sao Paulo---Bahamas
You dont need a transit visa to land in Brazil.
Just have your connecting flight ticket of not more than 6hrs...
You are good to go.....

Yes I heard about that before what if I applied for Brazil transit too so as to be on safer side do u think I can be issue Brazilian visa? Maybe that can even be a plus for me.

Thanks really appreciate your comment.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by drthiery(m): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
expertman:

Yes I heard about that before what if I applied for Brazil transit too so as to be on safer side do u think I can be issue Brazilian visa? Maybe that can even be a plus for me.

If u feel so...Nice.....But no issues in Sao paulo if u dont have a transit...just have your connecting flight ticket handy and it shouldnt be more than 6hrs.....Enjoy
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
drthiery:

If u feel so...Nice.....But no issues in Sao paulo if u dont have a transit...just have your connecting flight ticket handy and it shouldnt be more than 6hrs.....Enjoy

Alright boss more blessing
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by optimusprime2(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
expertman:

I am soooo loving this response... Please and please, I advise you to get a Brazilian transit Visa as you suggested. Never depend on information from previous experiences of transits through airports without visas, the Nigerian passport is very undependable to take close shaves as such, why? Because in one minute immigration/airport authorities could suddenly become hostile towards transiting Nigerian passport holder's and one could be deported in the absence of transit visas & what I am saying is very true. Having gone through with visiting the Caribbeans myself. The airline may allow you on the flight, but immigration could pose a problem for you during passport checks.

Many factors can permit being pardoned during transit without transit visas though; such as the presence of some visas such as the UK, USA or Australia on your passport, being a student in a recognised Uni with valid Id, or having transited through the route before. However if you are a first time traveller please don't take that risk, find a way and get a transit visa esp for Brazil, Sao Paulo airport scrutiny is very unpredictable esp being a Nigerian.

Ask the guy who transited through Sao Paulo without a transit visa the following questions;
1-What other valid visas did he have on his passport?
2-Was he going to school in the Bahamas or did he have student documents?
3-Did he have a government invitation or tourist body invitation from the Bahamas?
Transiting without transit visas is a case based affair o.
A word is enough for the wise.

#edited
By the way if you have a Bahamas visa, it's very easy to get a German, Brazilian or Mexican transit visa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
optimusprime2:

I am soooo loving this response... Please and please, I advise you to get a Brazilian transit Visa as you suggested. Never depend on information from previous experiences of transits through airports without visas, the Nigerian passport is very undependable to take close shaves as such, why? Because in one minute immigration/airport authorities could suddenly become hostile towards transiting Nigerian passport holder's and one could be deported in the absence of transit visas & what I am saying is very true. Having gone through with visiting the Caribbeans myself. The airline may allow you on the flight, but immigration could pose a problem for you during passport checks.

Many factors can permit being pardoned during transit without transit visas though; such as the presence of some visas such as the UK, USA or Australia on your passport, being a student in a recognised Uni with valid Id, or having transited through the route before. However if you are a first time traveller please don't take that risk, find a way and get a transit visa esp for Brazil, Sao Paulo airport scrutiny is very unpredictable esp being a Nigerian.

Ask the guy who transited through Sao Paulo without a transit visa the following questions;
1-What other valid visas did he have on his passport?
2-Was he going to school in the Bahamas or did he have student documents?
3-Did he have a government invitation or tourist body invitation from the Bahamas?
Transiting without transit visas is a case based affair o.
A word is enough for the wise.

#edited
By the way if you have a Bahamas visa, it's very easy to get a German, Brazilian or Mexican transit visa.

Thank you so much bro may ur source of happiness never dry up.

Looking at your response I am sure you must be vast in the field.

My problem now is from the list of countries you suggested above if you were in my shoes which of them will you apply for?

Also what documents you suggest I prepare for?

I don't want a refusal that's why I am here to get more info and advice.

Thanks so much bro
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by optimusprime2(m): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
expertman:

Thank you so much bro may ur source of happiness never dry up.

Looking at your response I am sure you must be vast in the field.

My problem now is from the list of countries you suggested above if you were in my shoes which of them will you apply for?

Also what documents you suggest I prepare for?

I don't want a refusal that's why I am here to get more info and advice.

Thanks so much bro

First of all, A Yuuuge "AMEN!!!" to your prayers.
Now, You have two options of hassle free transit visas and trust me it's going to work- it may sound impossible but this is what people don't know.

1: Since your whole family is going for a vacation in the Bahamas, apply for a US "C1" visa or transit visa, if the Bahamas visas are "on" your passports and you are able to demonstrate you are all going to the Bahamas, and routing your flights were difficult to the Bahamas without a region proxy transit visa of which the US is, you would be easily given. The good side is if you are given, the flight ticket using the US- Florida - Nassau is very cheap, as it is a popular/common destination.
Don't be afraid of the US embassy, if you are confident and able to convince the consular you aren't going to the US, you would be given. Go to a flight agency and get a flight route pre booking in order to explain your itenary.

2: Brazils transit visa is also easy to obtain but, you could also get a Turkish transit visa & Jamaican transit visa, they are very easy to obtain as far as you have a proof of your the Bahamas visa and flight itinerary.
Then that's it your flights are hassle free, plus you get to have visa decorations on your passport (Trust me, it's gonna look good).
Check the website of the embassies for their transit visa and requirements.

However if I were you, the secret many don't know is option one.

Thank me later.
Peace.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by lillaowow(m): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
expertman:
Hello pals,

Please I need advice on which Country transit visa Would be easy for me to apply.

Since we couldn't get a direct flight please help us with your advice I am sure it would have happened to one or two people here in the past.

Please, Do not, i REPEAT, DO NOT waste your money and time with Bahamas (except you have beta transit visa: US, Uk, Canada)
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
optimusprime2:

First of all, A Yuuuge "AMEN!!!" to your prayers.
Now, You have two options of hassle free transit visas and trust me it's going to work- it may sound impossible but this is what people don't know.

1: Since your whole family is going for a vacation in the Bahamas, apply for a US "C1" visa or transit visa, if the Bahamas visas are "on" your passports and you are able to demonstrate you are all going to the Bahamas, and routing your flights were difficult to the Bahamas without a region proxy transit visa of which the US is, you would be easily given. The good side is if you are given, the flight ticket using the US- Florida - Nassau is very cheap, as it is a popular/common destination.
Don't be afraid of the US embassy, if you are confident and able to convince the consular you aren't going to the US, you would be given. Go to a flight agency and get a flight route pre booking in order to explain your itenary.

2: Brazils transit visa is also easy to obtain but, you could also get a Turkish transit visa & Jamaican transit visa, they are very easy to obtain as far as you have a proof of your the Bahamas visa and flight itinerary.
Then that's it your flights are hassle free, plus you get to have visa decorations on your passport (Trust me, it's gonna look good).
Check the website of the embassies for their transit visa and requirements.

However if I were you, the secret many don't know is option one.

Thank me later.
Peace.

May the heavens continue to bless you more and more.

Option one sounds good I think I should give that a try plus I think they issue 2years too for transit

Although would also check the Brazil route .

I think a booking itinerary flight ticket would work so make I no go pay for confirmed one as I can easily booked that via travelstart online
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
lillaowow:

Please, Do not, i REPEAT, DO NOT waste your money and time with Bahamas (except you have beta transit visa: US, Uk, Canada)

Thank you very much for your comment.

Please can you kindly state your reasons why you think without USA U. K and Canada I shouldn't think about going?

Also between u. K USA and Canada which of them should I apply with?

I mean one that can easily grant me the visa?

Thanks once again
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by drthiery(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2017
expertman:

Please can you kindly state your reasons why you think without USA U. K and Canada I shouldn't think about going?

Thanks once again

I responded to his questions based on my previous experience through that route......

I was travelling to Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)....I used Abuja...Addis...Sao paulo...Port of Spain....and I had no issues with the Immigration guys at Sao Paulo.....The Only Visa Stamp i had then on my passport was a South African Visa and I had a connecting flight of 2hrs.....I was alone....They requested for my Passport, BTA, Connecting Flight ticket and hotel reservation in Sao Paulo. I showed them and I was told to wait in the waiting area for my flight....I was even offered snacks and Orange Juice...lolz....My Luck thou....

But to be on the safe side...I think the US Transit Visa is the better option
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2017
drthiery:

I responded to his questions based on my previous experience through that route......

I was travelling to Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)....I used Abuja...Addis...Sao paulo...Port of Spain....and I had no issues with the Immigration guys at Sao Paulo.....The Only Visa Stamp i had then on my passport was a South African Visa and I had a connecting flight of 2hrs.....I was alone....They requested for my Passport, BTA, Connecting Flight ticket and hotel reservation in Sao Paulo. I showed them and I was told to wait in the waiting area for my flight....I was even offered snacks and Orange Juice...lolz....My Luck thou....

But to be on the safe side...I think the US Transit Visa is the better option

Thanks bro the free snacks and juice caught my attention most.

Alright since you all suggest for USA transit I would gladly go for that I just pray they are lenient about it since its just a transit visa.

Thanks and God bless
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by cutieme(m): 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
pls op how much did you get your bahamas visa?
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by lillaowow(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
expertman:

Thanks once again
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
lillaowow:

the Uk Transit seem like the easiest one to get.
Immigration at any airport will flip through your passport to see if you have travel history. Be reasonable, what will anyone from west africa (possibly with no travel history) be doing in the Bahamas on a "Vacation"?. Most of the time, that isn't how traveling works
Again, Bahamas immigration will return you on the next available flight on flimsy excuses. They've been doing that to caricom nationals (esp Jamaicans) who have free entry and exits.

PS: St Lucia is the easiest (or one of) country in the Caribbean to come to on a Nigerian passport. Lost of Nigerian medical students there

Thank you bro seems you talking from experience but you also mention U. K how possible can I get the u. K easily?

At Lucia pls how can I get st Lucia visa?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by mhizcovy(f): 12:55pm On May 01, 2017
expertman:

Thank you bro seems you talking from experience but you also mention U. K how possible can I get the u. K easily?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 8:30pm On May 01, 2017
mhizcovy:

Hi

Hello
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by lillaowow(m): 2:10pm On May 04, 2017
expertman:

Thanks in anticipation

i have no idea. Never been to St Lucia yet. I do plan going there during the summer

I know people get the visa from Nigeria. you could try find out about it.
Once again, do not risk going to the bahamas without a us, uk visa

1 Like

Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
lillaowow:

i have no idea. Never been to St Lucia yet. I do plan going there during the summer

I know people get the visa from Nigeria. you could try find out about it.
Once again, do not risk going to the bahamas without a us, uk visa

Alright bro. Thanks though I will be submitting for Brazil transit visa next coming week.

Please is there any direct flight to saint Lucia as I think I can easily get saint Lucia visa.

Hope to hear from you
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by naijamedrep(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bro, I guess you must've gone for the transit visa stuff. Why not share your experience with us, most of us who also have interest will learn from it. Thanks.
expertman:

Alright bro. Thanks though I will be submitting for Brazil transit visa next coming week.

Please is there any direct flight to saint Lucia as I think I can easily get saint Lucia visa.

Hope to hear from you

Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by expertman(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks bro I swear the whole thing just slow me down as tickets are on high side like 800k - 900k via delta airline.

So I just paid visa fee and applied for Transit C class USA visa. and want to apply for emergency as visa is expiring first week of next month.

Thanks for putting me in thought.

naijamedrep:
Bro, I guess you must've gone for the transit visa stuff. Why not share your experience with us, most of us who also have interest will learn from it. Thanks.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by naijamedrep(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2017
Wow cost of things are on the high side these days
. I wish you success my bro.
expertman:

Thanks bro I swear the whole thing just slow me down as tickets are on high side like 800k - 900k via delta airline.

So I just paid visa fee and applied for Transit C class USA visa. and want to apply for emergency as visa is expiring first week of next month.

Thanks for putting me in thought.

Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by Dreamchacer2: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
Transit Free Routes (transfer without a visa) from Lagos/Abuja to Bahamas are tricky. It's easy to list Istanbul, Havana, Panama City, Luanda and Brazil and say they are transit visa free. One should consider which airline is flying the particular leg of the journey, is it in a partnership with other airlines (star allegiant), what terminal the airline is entering in a particular airport, what about checked luggage, and how long a delay you have in connecting between flights.

GRU, Brazil, Sao Paulo is not entirely transit free. If you arrive in one terminal and have to depart from a different terminal, you are NOT free to transit WITHOUT A TRANSIT VISA. You will have to pass thru Immigration Control. I don't know for a fact in practice because I never had to test the theory BUT I did contact GRU Airport and ask them directly, along with TAAG Airlines and the Brazilian Consulate. If you arrive in Terminal 2 by Ethiopian or Royal Air Maroc, then you need to stay in Terminal 2 and depart with Copa, if you are headed to the Bahamas. All of the large, commercial airlines like Emirates, Turkish Air, United,etc arrive in Terminal 3 of GRU Airport and none of these airlines fly to Bahamas from Terminal 3.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by Trevius0011: 11:31am On May 31, 2019
Please please i am a Nigerian and i went to Sierra Leone to get their passport cause it visa to bahamas can i travel with it to bahamas will America let me transit in their country cause a ticket booker said i can transit in florida or New York since am not leaving the airport for 24hr please get back to me asap anyone please
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by Trevius0011: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
Please let someone reply me please
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by lillaowow(m): 12:09am On Jun 09, 2019
Trevius0011:
Please please i am a Nigerian and i went to Sierra Leone to get their passport cause it visa to bahamas can i travel with it to bahamas will America let me transit in their country cause a ticket booker said i can transit in florida or New York since am not leaving the airport for 24hr please get back to me asap anyone please

No.

And what you just did is considered fraud. Having the passport of a country you're not a citizen of
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by optimusprime2(m): 1:11am On Jun 09, 2019
Trevius0011:
You are not a Nigerian, you are from Sierra Lone... go and ask your fellow Sierra Leoneans how to go about it...
Stop making people categorize Nigerians as frauds.
Thanks.
Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by abmart80: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
@ OP, please can you share with us how you get the Bahama Visa here in Nigeria or from where? Thanks

expertman:
Hello pals,

Re: Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed by KIDfurniture(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2019
Bahamas visa is easy but to travel there is the problem...

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries / Is It Better To Live In Europe Than In The US? / Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.