Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday (10284 Views)

N5Bn Covenant University Research Center In Pictures / JAMB Holds Mock UTME Exams Tomorrow / JAMB To Hold An Optional Mock Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by domesifa(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has said that the Computer-Based Test adopted in the forthcoming Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) would save the examination body about N5 billion.

Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede stated this Tuesday at a press briefing on the training of its examination officials in Abuja.

Oloyede noted that under his watch, JAMB would deploy cost-effective measures to deliver on its statutory mandate.

“We have tried our best as much as we can, taking efficiency as the watchword as far as the conduct of examination is concerned because we believe this country deserve the best.

All we have been trying to do is to do things that will not make Nigeria inferior in the comity of examination bodies. All we’ve been trying to do is to find the most efficient way to conduct our examinations,” Oloyede said.

“Instead of spending billions on our examinations, we can spend millions and achieve better results. That is all I have been struggling to do, to make sure that instead of collecting N7 billion and spending N6.8 billion in the conduct of examination, we should be able to save at least N5 billion,” he stressed.

While noting that there are skepticism on the part of some Nigerians about the workings of new innovations, the Registrar said he is optimistic of taking JAMB to the next level, regardless of challenges.

“Yes, some people argue that in Nigeria, there are many variables that you cannot determine. I have strong faith in this country and I believe that whatever works in normal places will work in Nigeria,” he added.

On the 2017 UTME slated to begin on May 13, Oloyede said his team is prepared to conduct a hitch-free examination across all centres of the country. “I and my colleagues in JAMB management have tried our best and have prepared as much as we can. We also believe in our partners, MTN and Airtel which are our two service providers in the conduct of this examination and I want to appeal to them to see this as a national assignment.”

On the antics of fifth columnists bent on pulling him down, Oloyede said he’s fully aware of their mission, noting that only recently; they accused the Board of ‘poor planning and incompetence.’ But for us, what we are out to do is to give the best of our services to this great nation of ours. I need not be the Registrar of JAMB if there would be no change positively.”

He added that the CBT which was adopted a few years ago was actually his initiative while holding sway as Vice Chancellor, University of Ilorin. “CBT started at the University of Ilorin in 2007 and by the grace of God, I was the Vice Chancellor who started it. When JAMB was to start the CBT, it was my Deputy Vice Chancellor who was invited to deliver a lecture on ‘The Roadmap to CBT: The University of Ilorin Example.’”

Meanwhile, the mock test earlier shelved by JAMB is set to hold this Saturday 29th April, 2017 and Oloyede said he’s optimistic the challenges which scuttled the initial exercise would be taken care of this time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/utme-jamb-to-save-n5-billion-from-cbt/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Cameleon72(f): 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmm
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by CornelG(m): 1:49am On Apr 27, 2017
No wonder
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by remainhidden: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2017
wish all applicant success

11 Likes

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by BabaCommander: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2017
Pulling out figures from his bald ass to hide his incompetence and create a diversion undecided

I hope he can account for the save 5bn after the exam.

1 Like

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by nony43(m): 7:19am On Apr 27, 2017
My own is Jamb should be scrapped, I have a friend that wrote Jamb for six years, nothing came out of it, he got admission abroad, graduated got a good job and blew, he is working with an oil coy that pays him $12k per month. Mine own is Jamb is not forth coming try another hustle

3 Likes

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2017
Wow!!! Is this for real?
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Jammiiee(m): 7:24am On Apr 27, 2017
sad
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by otokx(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2017
Is it not same dude that said 20m unto hacking? Cheap lies.
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Adecks01(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2017
Cha...... God,why Nigeria...? Clueless president clueless governors clueless ministers clueless Jamb registrar this is really days of doom

1 Like

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
una don start this una economic things.Nigerians need hitch free and credible exams ooo
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by vicola0281: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2017
jamb feels just like yesterday I wrote it. 7years now.. gainfully employed.. papa God thank u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by jomoh: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2017
Oloyede the great vice chancellor of UniIlorin.
The nightmare of Lazy lecturers.
The one university strikes couldn't affect.
That man turned UniIlorin to what it is today.
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by adioolayi(m): 7:34am On Apr 27, 2017
Positive change doesn't come easy.....Let's be positive about this Prof's initiatives.
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by okonja(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2017
Weldone Prof. cool
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by karrim4real(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2017
Get your fully approved Google Adsense Account for Naija, US and UK. Whatsapp me if interested
https://www.nairaland.com/3765204/usa-uk-fully-approved-non

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Phunkyposh(f): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2017
vicola0281:
jamb feels just like yesterday I wrote it. 7years now.. gainfully employed.. papa God thank u
I can relate, .. The preparations, heart skips and anxiety

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by emperorAY(m): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2017
Conducting. An exam is nt abt d money saved bt abt hw hitch free d exam is

2 Likes

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2017
thieves everywhere.....i nevs even see any mock thing for my email...failure
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by asitis752: 8:33am On Apr 27, 2017
So jamb is now a profit making organization? You are saving 5billion you collected from poor Nigerians. How can jamb form be that high?

1 Like

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Arry110(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Is the mock compulsory for jambites??
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by AlphaStyles(m): 9:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Arry110:
Is the mock compulsory for jambites??
no
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 27, 2017
nony43:
My own is Jamb should be scrapped, I have a friend that wrote Jamb for six years, nothing came out of it, he got admission abroad, graduated got a good job and blew, he is working with an oil coy that pays him $12k per month. Mine own is Jamb is not forth coming try another hustle
Dey dere b deceiving youths mtcheww
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by phensbassey: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2017
when will reprinting of slips start.?
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by phensbassey: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2017
[quote author=domesifa post=55950925]The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has said that the Computer-Based Test adopted in the forthcoming Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) would save the examination body about N5 billion.

Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede stated this

when will reprinting start?
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by YaksonFCA(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Now JAMB is planning to conduct mock on Saturday when candidates havent gotten their exam centers. What is wrong with JAMB self?
Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by samuel900(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2017
SHUT UR MOUTH
jomoh:
Oloyede the great vice chancellor of UniIlorin.

The nightmare of Lazy lecturers.

The one university strikes couldn't affect.

That man turned UniIlorin to what it is today.

1 Like

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by jomoh: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
samuel900:
SHUT UR MOUTH

Is this frustration or this is how you shout in real life.

Pele.

Kikikikiki. e dey pain am.

Re: UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday by Opynion: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
MOCK on 29th yet they have not dispatch the examination slip they promise to send on 25th. how will student know their centre before Saturday

how do we know this is working.

(1) (Reply)

World Teachers' Day: Share Your Experiences About Your Teachers / Junior WAEC [BECE] 2017/18 Examination Time-table Out- 24th April-9th May, 2017 / Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Shut, SUG Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.