Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,390 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

There Was A Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Was A Country (682 Views)

Why do European countries have a single ethnic group dominating a country? / So Nigeria Is Now A Country Not A Zoo Anymore? / Reply To Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country. By Alabi Isama. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Was A Country by boiz2men(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
#In_My_Country.

Wherever i go, i am always proud of home.
i live in a country that resides in the west of africa.
some say we are blessed with one natural resource too many.
i quite agree.
everyone is talented
and yes, its easy to be famous #In_my_country
oh, i love my country.

#in_my_Country,
the bread seller receives more attention than the guy with 5.0 C.G.P.A
education is a bone in the neck, you got to spit it out
and eat the flesh of entertainment.
That way, you would receive "unattempted" attention.

#in_My_Country,
the bread seller gets endorsements from banks and confectionaries
without writing an application.

the educated?
writes letters so many a time and gets
"we would get back to you" each time.
don't you just love my country.

#in_my_country,
there were people named olajumoke,efe,bisola,tboss.
dont ask me how i got to know their names.
it was foisted into my subconscious.
Theres was also a scholar.
Goodess me, What was his name?
thats my country.

#in_my_country
if you climbed the podium to receive an award for being the "best graduating student".
you get a token and some paper claiming you are d best.
but if you climbed that same podium to receive an award for being "miss #whatever"
you get a car, at least 2 endorsements, some millions of naira and God knows what else.

#in_my_country
people cry for the feud between two singer-brothers.
yet the majority makes movies like "bring back our girls part 1 & 2".
someone asked why nigeria has got too many cyber-criminals and fraudsters.
its simple, they live #in_my_country.

education is just a paper.
i love my country, dont you too?
Re: There Was A Country by boiz2men(m): 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
reserrved
reserved
Re: There Was A Country by boiz2men(m): 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
more grin
Re: There Was A Country by ebube93: 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2017
No comment
Re: There Was A Country by jerusalem101: 5:45am On Apr 28, 2017
What an artistic display of hypocrisy and confusion reduced into writing. A typical zombie always shifting blame to the wrong persons, have you ever wondered why education in your country is so backward, when you have illiterates who don't value it at the helm of affair?
Please find out the rudiment of advertising, what the various sponsors of the like of bread seller get in return before you come put up a post.

Learn to shift your blame to the right people whose responsibility also includes the enhancement of the education sector and stop being hypocritical here. After all did you vote into power those sponsoring bread seller or beauty queen pageant?
Re: There Was A Country by boiz2men(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
jerusalem101:
What an artistic display of hypocrisy and confusion reduced into writing. A typical zombie always shifting blame to the wrong persons, have you ever wondered why education in your country is so backward, when you have illiterates who don't value it at the helm of affair?
Please find out the rudiment of advertising, what the various sponsors of the like of bread seller get in return before you come put up a post.

Learn to shift your blame to the right people whose responsibility also includes the enhancement of the education sector and stop being hypocritical here. After all did you vote into power those sponsoring bread seller or beauty queen pageant?

bro.... i have learned how not to exchange bitter words with people.... try to look up the meaning of 'SATIRE'
Re: There Was A Country by Dedetwo(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
boiz2men:

bro.... i have learned how not to exchange bitter words with people.... try to look up the meaning of 'SATIRE'

Bros SATIRE or not, an economically independent bread seller is better than economically deadweight guy with 5.0 C.G.P.A. Your country must try to shy away from paper qualifications.
Re: There Was A Country by boiz2men(m): 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Dedetwo:

Bros SATIRE or not, an economically independent bread seller is better than economically deadweight guy with 5.0 C.G.P.A. Your country must try to shy away from paper qualifications.

yea nigeria must try to shy away from paper qualification and exalt entertainment abi...

the article was written to shame the system for its neglect for education... yet u say the country should get further away frrom education. The paper qualification you mentioned is not even celebrated and u say it should shy away from it... i finished from UNIBEN... the best graaduating student in my time was awarded 20k, the week before.. MISS UNIBEN was hosted and the winner got 500k with a kia picanto.... they both walked on the same podium (the akin deko auditorium, if u know uniben). The supposed paper u want the country to shy away from got 20k while the otherwise got 500k... this is the message
Re: There Was A Country by Dedetwo(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
boiz2men:

yea nigeria must try to shy away from paper qualification and exalt entertainment abi...

the article was written to shame the system for its neglect for education... yet u say the country should get further away frrom education. The paper qualification you mentioned is not even celebrated and u say it should shy away from it... i finished from UNIBEN... the best graaduating student in my time was awarded 20k, the week before.. MISS UNIBEN was hosted and the winner got 500k with a kia picanto.... they both walked on the same podium (the akin deko auditorium, if u know uniben). The supposed paper u want the country to shy away from got 20k while the otherwise got 500k... this is the message

You and I could agree that education, like other projects in Nigeria, has been neglected. In the other hand, there is more than one way to a health economy which entertainment happens to be one of them.

There are persons or corporate behind the MISS UINBEN contest and your education. You cannot get twisted out of form because the persons behind the MISS UNIBEN contest chose to give the winner the sum of 500K and Kia Picanto while the person(s) who organized your education chose to give nothing after you have 1st Class. It is a choice.

Bye the way, Nigeria’s economy is junk and cannot accommodate the school leavers. It is a shame indeed. If Nigeria’s economy is in good shape, tell me who gives a hoot about the entertainment sector.

(1) (Reply)

How Often Do You Get Light In Your Area. / Ambode Commissions Abule Egba Bridge Today / Osinbajo Invalidates Lai Mohammed & Ita Enang, Says He Will Sign Budget Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.