Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' (64690 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by nextstep(m): 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Only one country has:

ONI
OBA
KING
CHIEF
ELDER
EMIR
SULTAN
LOCAL GOVERNOR
GOVERNOR
HOUSE OF REP
SENATE
PRESIDENCY

Yet, no electricity since 1986.

Who is deceiving whom

It's not because of title that we don't have light. Afterall the Brits have

King
Duke
Lord
Marques
Viscount
Count
Baron
Baronet
Knight
Lord Privy
Lord Chancellor
And many other lords of varying privilege
Earl
Esquire
Sir
Premier
Peer
Mayor
Prime Minister
Minister
Governor

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by ominilongest(m): 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Only one country has:

ONI
OBA
KING
CHIEF
ELDER
EMIR
SULTAN
LOCAL GOVERNOR ;
GOVERNOR
HOUSE OF REP
SENATE
PRESIDENCY

Who is deceiving whom
grin
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
H
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by AuroraB(f): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Yabiola26:
Heard the oba of Lagos is blind naw.. He didn't see oni clearly he thought he was a subordinate lol
Same thing I learnt sad
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Poorboy: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Victornezzar:

dis guy again
seems ur suffering from depression
it wld be bad if u stay in lag
cos lagoons plenty
The most respectful tribe in nigeria oba vs oni kaikaikai

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by MostBanned: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin

Shove your Fúcking opinion down your Fùcking Ass undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by hardbody: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Only one country has:

ONI
OBA
KING
CHIEF
ELDER
EMIR
SULTAN
LOCAL GOVERNOR
GOVERNOR
HOUSE OF REP
SENATE
PRESIDENCY

Who is deceiving whom

Are all these people mentioned above NEPA abi PHCN staff? Person go just wake up begin drive rough on top matter where you no get any meaningful input to make...

Hey see.....If i hear Fimm, ....you will see weeen cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by shadrach77: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Ooni and his advisers are proving to be extensively foolish. By talking about this incident continously, they are indirectly making the Oba of Lagos look relevant. The best thing they could have done was to ignore him and act as if the incident did not happen. That would kill off the sting of his action and his intention would be dissolved cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
over to you, Mr Ancestors
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by tuoyo9729(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
lol
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by freethesheeple(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Freegift75:
Oh my God!

The Battle of the gods

Let's wait and watch

i heard the final of the war is May 30Th,just a day after Champions league Finall....Do u kw where to buy ticket..I give Oba 2 to win.
Hahahah

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by freethesheeple(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Afonja vs Afonja vs Afonja gods

The Battle of the gods

Let's wait and watch[/quote]

i heard the final of the war is May 30Th,just a day after Champions league Finall....Do u kw where to buy ticket..I give Oba 2 to win.
Hahahah

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by chuose2: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
These Yahoo Yahoo traditional rulers sef.

The Oba is either drinking or threatening to drown people.

The man is a good clown.
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by freethesheeple(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Only one country has:

ONI
OBA
KING
CHIEF
ELDER
EMIR
SULTAN
LOCAL GOVERNOR
GOVERNOR
HOUSE OF REP
SENATE
PRESIDENCY

Who is deceiving whom

the childern of hate will visit u like bees..They hate truth eeeeee
The Battle of the gods

Hahahah

3 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by malware: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
clash of the ancestors grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by bsideboii(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
My feelings tell me the Oba of Lagos felt he should have been greeted first before the other royal father there or......what do I even know
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by freethesheeple(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Firefire:
"The Oni palace speaker said that the Oba of Lagos risked the wrath of the ‘Alale'(Ancestors), as a result of his disrespect for the superior monarch"

When the ancestors start dealing with Mr. Akinolu, the oba of Lagos Island, let no man pity him.

lol..what of those that claim to be too Religious?.lol...
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Lexusgs430: 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
All this traditional post requires scrapping..... What benefits do they all offer?
Other than spending free money........

3 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Only one country has:

ONI
OBA
KING
CHIEF
ELDER
EMIR
SULTAN
LOCAL GOVERNOR
GOVERNOR
HOUSE OF REP
SENATE
PRESIDENCY

Who is deceiving whom

thank you very much, these men have only contributed alot in bringing the country backward.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by AreaFada2: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
These Kings sabi waka sha.

I do not know about Yorubaland. But when a monarch goes to the domain of another monarch, he should pay a courtesy visit to the monarch of that domain. EACH TIME. Except the monarch of the domain is not available.

The Oba of Benin will hardly ever venture into another King's domain without first going to see the local King or at least send emissaries in advance.

If at all possible, The Ooni & Eleko might even go to the venue together.

Because each time a king goes to another King's domain, he's automatically a guest of the local one. No matter who invited him.

Well, in Benin royal etiquette is learned by the crown prince basically from birth.

We do not know what transpired before. But whatever, an open letter/public statement with a threat of ancestral deity curse is hardly ideal between two kings of same tribe.

The Eleko should have been more diplomatic in public.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Bgorgeous: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
He should learn to respect constituted authority. If he wants to be respected
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by MasterChen: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Waay better than Osu slave Igbo versus Freeborn Igbo vs clueless Alusis of Igboland
Now, go munch on some stinky akpu and stop 'shooking' nose in matter wey no concern you.

Allow me to die grin

5 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by KOBOJO: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
These agbaya mofos should shift commot for road., we have burning national issues at hand.

Pls someone should update us on the current health status of president Buhari..

3 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by mmsen: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.

For God's sake, we have governors, senators and leaders of thought in OPC, Afenifere and other Yoruba organisations. If all these bodies cannot unite them, nobody can.

Stop glorifying these old men who just show off with your money and create problems for everybody.

If you don't like my opinion, ask the Oba of Lagos where to jump from as you take a long swim at his lagoon grin

Great comment.

I'm glad people are awake instead of sleep walking into accepting age-old practices that benefit no one.

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by freethesheeple(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Battle of the gods

Hahahah
Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Sonn(m): 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Afonja vs Afonja vs Afonja gods
nwanyi oma

1 Like

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

Allow me to die grin

Omenkalives be quoting himself and laughing. Any Omenkalives that cannot be bold and yab with his account Omenkalives, is that one an Omenkalives?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Okoyiboz3: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Waay better than Osu slave Igbo versus Freeborn Igbo vs clueless Alusis of Igboland
Now, go munch on some stinky akpu and stop 'shooking' nose in matter wey no concern you.

Those Osu slaves would talk nonsense, but when reply them in kind, they start crying that they are marginalized and they want Biafuro.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by evanscheck(m): 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

You're like a Briton asking for the position of the Queen be scraped

5 Likes

Re: Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' by maasoap(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
My own opinion?

[s]The position of the Oba and ooni should be scrapped and them both be made to work hard like the ordinary men and women around.[/s]

Pls, stop smoking that weed, it's affecting your thinking and reasoning faculty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lovely New Look Of Hope, Boy Said To Be A Witch & Left To Die On Streets Of Eket / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.