Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" (16172 Views)

Wofai Fada: Meet Comedienne Who Used To Hawk Mangoes And Sell Okrika Clothes / Joy Ugwu, Miss Asaigbo In Kirikiri Prison / Femi Branch Was Locked Up In Kirikiri, Goes After Women Who Are Rich — Wife (2) (3) (4)

Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by splendid22(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth a.k.a Bright Okpocha is no doubt one of the most celebrated comedians In Nigeria.Over the years, the entertainer has taken African comedy to the world stage. He is the first Nigerian comedian to host Comedy Central’s Live at Parker’s held in South Africa.

Basketmouth who was a speaker and panelist at the Nigerian Entertainment Conference held on Wednesday 26th of April said he used to hawk coconut in Kirikiri during his humble beginnings.

According to him:”One thing that kept me going is the fear of failure.I used to hawk coconut in Kirikiri town”

The showbiz entrepreneur also lamented on the state of the Nigerian Entertainment Industry saying we lack structures.

“There are no structures in Nigeria. How many comedy clubs do we have? The government cannot do anything about it because they don’t care. We the entertainers need to synergize in order to be able to get bank loans so as to build our own event venues”.

http://thenewsguru.com/nigerian-celebrities-disappointment-2face-anti-government-protest-basketmouth/

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Cladez(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
If you like hawk mangoes in kuje town....i wont give a F**K. FTC dedicated to Manchester United as they go into the manchester derby with hopes of keeping their 1st-4th finish alive. #GGMU

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by ifyan(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Every body will like to tell a past hard story that lead him/her to succeed.

Y?

Waiting for somebody like Davido to tell his story.

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by sou1p1an0(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
i hawked baskets at ikoyi maximum prisons too...wonder hw dis ur story wud epp change d predicaments of dis nation...dats hw dat one said he had no shoes. mtcheew...

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Partnerbiz(f): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Eiyaa. Grass to grace story.

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by driand(m): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
Good to know but..

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Joephat(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
I apparently did not eat while growing up,

I only drink water but I tankGod, he has been merciful to me

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
With basketmouth yesterday

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Teewhy2: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Every successful person always have a story to tell, The people that have not succeeded also have story to tell just that nobody is interested in hearing their stories and it never makes news.
80 percent of Nigerians if they succeed if have more pathetic stories to tell more that this.
Dear God Let us be successful in Life as well so that people can read our stories as well.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Papiikush: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Is there any celebrity who don't hawk anything before making wave?

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by verygudbadguy(m): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Yes, most of us have heard this over and over...

But some people still need this to inspired them. Impossible is nothing!

Nice one Bright.

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Noted
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Yes, it's an everyday struggle.

Though I don't understand the part about the government not caring about comedy clubs.

Comedy clubs are business ventures with all the attendant risks and rewards.

Yes, the government should provide enabling infrastructure (like power...ESPECIALLY power) but the marketplace will determine how viable each venture is.

Being a successful businessman, he'll also know that the right packaging and marketing can sell an idea...if the market is ready for it.

Nice to see him speak seriously for once

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by solid3(m): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Who cares?
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
I used to comment on Nairaland before fame came and swept me away. cheesy
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by ichommy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
ifyan:

Y?

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jumoke hawked bread, timaya hawked plantain, basket mouth hawked coconut, make I go find something hawk too cheesy

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Leo042(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Are you sure
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Kakamorufu(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
so.

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Tpave(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nothing like humble beginning. It tends to mould you properly for the real task ahead

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by osemoses1234(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nah so we dey hear nxt plssss no time for dem say dem say story this time
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by casydigital(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
yes very well we lived in same street magbese street kiri kiri town . Basky u remeber mama chima wey take care of u abi ? hope u no forget that woman o she really tried then . life na just patience one day one day e go better !! he hawked through johnson street karimu street magbesa water side etc lol life grin grin

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by ymdo(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Everybody be forming grass to grace
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Very touching.
Thank God you were not hawking coconut in kirikiri prison.
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by DollarAngel(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Okay

Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by 3RNEST(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
NA NORMAL THING.... embarassed
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by ihedoro99(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
U don sell gala for traffic before cool grin?@basket mouth
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Kakamorufu(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
ifyan:

Y?

me sef no. am waiting for davido story
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by dlawseun(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
MUST YOU FORM A STORY............. cheesy TO HEAR YOUR SUCCESS...................
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by ponti93(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Everybody has a story to tell... I am yet to see a nigeriam celebrity that won't tell us how they suffered before stardom... So, unto the next post please
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Crauxx(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
Tells us something we have not heard before.

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Basketmouth: "I Used To Hawk Coconut In Kirikiri Town" by Sirpaul(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
chai............. i smell lies

Kenneth Okonkwo, Tonto Dikeh Speak At Vivian Lam Magazine Nigeria Youth Summit / Comedian Gandoki Spends Time With The Motherless In Abuja (PHOTOS) / Oyo State Donates N5million To Adebayo Faleti's Family (Photos)